Del Frisco's Grille - NYC
50 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Rockefeller Center Midtown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Grille - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscosgrille.com/
- Phone: 2127670371x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - NYC
Del Frisco's Grille is located in the heart of Mid-Town at Rockefeller Center. A bit more casual than Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse, The Grille offers Hand Cut Prime Steaks, Fire Roasted Flat-breads, Hearty Salads, Fresh Seafood, and much more.... We offer a 700 bottle selection wine list, that offers a taste for every palate. Join us on our outdoor patio on the historic Rockefeller Plaza, or inside at the bar or one of our comfortable tables and experience our signature hospitality. Outdoor seating available on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Frisco's Grille - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (47)great for lunch (47)notable wine list (45)good for groups (42)hot spot (36)vibrant bar scene (36)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (23)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (14)late-night find (13)great for brunch (11)Show More
- Pretty AverageRobertDined on 7/12/2014Although priced similarly, Del Friscos Grille does not match up in food quality, atmosphere or service with the high-end steak houses (Morton's, Ruth Chris or Capital Grille)...next time I'll stick with the tried and true.
- Great food, great. service....LouandLizDined on 7/12/2014Awesome food and great service...really enjoy this restaurant. Have had lunch, dinner and late night snack and every time we have been there is better than the last. Will keep coming back and definitely recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- Fabulous.KikinaDined on 7/11/2014This restaurant has an amazing wine list, incredible meat for all meat lovers and the service is outstanding. The cream spinach and crusty bread wow!, but what got our biggest Wow was the lemon Cake, incredible, you will not find this cake anywhere else. We took a piece home and had it for breakfast with a cup of coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!FoodieDined on 7/10/2014We went to Del Frisco's in NYC after visiting the one in Santa Monica. We loved it. The steaks were excellent as were the side dishes. The shaved Brussels sprouts were different and everyone loved them. It was difficult to choose a dessert, but I loved the Nutella Bread Pudding. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Rockefeller FindDCDinerDined on 7/5/2014Appetizer was fantastic. Steaks are full flavored and great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good valueflyreviewsDined on 7/4/2014The menu is varied and the food is great. I'm not a wine person, however, the wine list seemed like it would satisfy most. The selection on entrées, appetizers, and flatbreads was unique and delicious. I would recommend looking it up online to make sure it's up your alley but if it sounds good them definitely try it, you won't be disappointed. The service was great and attentive and we lacked for nothing. It wasn't crowded, however, being the 4th of July so I can't vouch for how it would be any other night. I would highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/2/2014Met a friend after work - bar was packed and I thought we would need to wait an hour for our reservation - they seated us immediately - the service, food and cocktails/wines were great - will return!Special Features:
- Would go againsaltynoleDined on 7/1/2014Took my wife and two kids (11 and 7) while on vacation in NYC. Cost less than Del Frisco's but food quality was just as good. Kids ordered off of appetizer menu while wife and I dined on filets. We would definately go back. Noise level was pretty loud so great for kids, but not for business dinnner or date night.Special Features:
- goodeatsDined on 6/26/2014Location was great for anyone going to Radio City event. Food was okay. Service was less than stellar but food arrived quickly enough.
- What a Gem!!!Dining4twoDined on 6/25/2014Pleasantly surprised...Unbelievable service, staff very knowledgable, amazing food, and great wine! No rushing. What more can you ask for...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConfusedPKDfoodyVIPDined on 6/24/2014Thought I had booked a table at the real Del FRisco, but discovered it was at the grill. Good thing they had a table available out side as the inside isn't very appealing. Food was very good. Service was very good, until we needed to get our check which took way too long as we were heading to theater.Special Features:
- greatLuvitmuchVIPDined on 6/24/2014The staff & food are excellent . I will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomealleycatDined on 6/23/2014We made a reservation for 8 pm, walked in at 8 pm to a full house yet our table was ready and waiting for us. The staff was friendly and very informative. The general manager was wonderful and friendly; he checked in on us to make sure every thhing was delicious. The food and drinks were absolutely awesome. Even though the house was full the noise level was well under control. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchCraigDined on 6/23/2014The staff is friendly and attentive, food is unique and delicious, and the lunch was a success.Special Features:
- what service!TBoneDined on 6/20/2014absolutely fantastic service, staff couldn't of been more helpful and friendly. Dined here one night, booked into another restaurant for next night but after having pre dinner drinks and not liking the service we made our apologies and returned to Del Frisco's, we hadn't booked but they accommodated us especially after finding out which restaurant we had just walked out of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRfdlyonsDined on 6/15/2014Slow slow service, even for cocktails. Soup, sweet potato frites, and cheesesteak eggrolls not warm enough. Spinach and mashed potatoes very good.....but the only highlights of mediocre meal. Sent medium rare steak filet mignons back, as way too dry and charred. Did not ask for replacement as service so slow would never have made show. Manager came by to ask re experience. We shared above info. His only comment "Filet is very lean and not as juicy as other cuts." We made no comment back, as his tone clearly told us we were at fault, rather than preparation attention not given.
- Just okJessieDined on 6/15/2014The food at the Grille was very good as is all Del Frisco restaurants, and prices were comparable. The wait staff was somewhat goofy, and really did not know her specials well, or if the food served was the same as in the other del frisco restaurants. we asked multiple times if the crab cake was the same and she was completely clueless, it is by the way. we had to ask for drink refills, again she was not up to the service levels we have come to enjoy at all the other del frisco restaurants we have been to. ambiance was ok. for the same money, skip this place and head over to the del frisco double eagle steak house just down the street!Special Features:
- GreatExperienceNOLAGirlDined on 6/15/2014Drinks (the VIP)and appetizers (crab cake and lobster bisque)were great, the rib eyes were well seasoned and tender (no toppings necessary). The service and ambiance were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiannaDiannaDined on 6/14/2014Great menu. Wide variety of choices so there isssomething for everyone. Great service. Mt second time there and I will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Great...JazzyJimVIPDined on 6/9/2014Del Frisco's needs to figure out what they are doing with this place or it won't be around for very long. Service is terrible. Both in the bar and at the table. The bar wasn't even busy and couldn't find a bartender to order drinks for 5+ minutes. Table service was a bit better but not much. Apps and dinner were edible but not great. Don't order the artichoke app as it is impossible to eat as prepared. Disappointing and expensive...
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Have to have the appetizers especially the Cheese-steak Eggrolls. Also the steak is to die for!Special Features:
- Philly cheese SteakOutstandingVIPDined on 6/7/2014OMG the best egg roll we've ever had, could have, should have made a meal of them. They were AMAZING. The food was on target, the wine list was endless but I finally settled on a nice Cab. Great place, great location. We will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Very pleasant evening with our friends from California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shannon271VIPDined on 6/5/2014Great recommendations made by the wait staff. Timely, and loved that the servers took the extra step to serve the sides. Everyone seemed to go over and beyond expectations to create a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE THIS PLACE!NYCnoleVIPDined on 6/3/2014I was always a fan of Del Frisco's. So, when they opened the Grille I had to try it. I bring people here all the time, and when I travel to Atlanta I always take people to the Grille there too.Special Features:
- Best Brunch/Lunch in Agesfederalist25VIPDined on 6/1/2014My wife and I decided to go to the Grille because we were familiar with the main restaurant a few blocks away. This was quieter and more laid back than the main restaurant--perfect for a lunch inside or out. The location in Rock Center is great and we were greeted pleasantly and shown to a nice roomy booth. The server was one of the best and most attentive individuals-going out of his way to make our experience extremely enjoyable. I should mention the food. We split an appetizer--cheese steak egg rolls--fantastic!!! Then we each had a salad entree since it was lunch time--good decision on our part. My wife had the newly added Kale salad and I had the signature steak salad--both superb. I highly recommend the Grille-go eat happy!!!Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 5/31/2014A tourist restaurant in Rockefeller Center, Del Frisco's Grille (like the front of a car?) lacks NYC sophistication. I loved my lunch salad (Asian). My wife hated hers (steak). Maybe you'll luck out.Special Features:
- Good food, but noisy early dinnermmediaVIPDined on 5/28/2014Busy bar scene makes for a noisy earlier dinner. But it quieted down later and food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceAnahiDined on 5/26/2014The staff was very accommodating. We were there 30min before our actual reservation and they sat us at the bar while we were waiting for the rest of our party. Drinks were phenomenal and what I liked the best is that they were very friendly with my 3 year old. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great service and good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2014I would definitely reccommend for business travellers or tourists staying in the Midtwon East area.Special Features:
- susanVIPDined on 5/18/2014Service was very good on our visit. We all felt the food was fine but not outstanding. We were expecting too much since we always rave about the steakhouse sister restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 937 reviews are from the Del Frisco's Grille - NYC reviews archive.
- Great Place to EAT!!!!tastyfood2meDined on 5/17/2014Everything was great.Only surprise was I thought they would've had more variety of foodSpecial Features:
- Could have been so much betterpenguinitisVIPDined on 5/17/2014We arrived timely at 5:30 for our reservation. Restaurant was cold. Staff told us the restaurant does not regulate the heat. Waiter took our order and never came back to see us. Bread was finally brought to our table after we asked three times. The salad was excellent. The veal meat loaf was good but served cold as were the French fries. Didn't make sense. Could not find a waiter or staff to send it back. The waiter did not know that May is burger month at this restaurant. I had to take out my phone and show the waiter the email I got from the restaurant so I could order the burger with swiss cheese on pumpernickel bread with Russian dressing. No lights were on in the restaurant over our table in a booth. It was very hard to see and eat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014the filet we had was wonderful. However our waitress was not very attentive. I had one glass of wine and would liked to h ave had another but no one came back to our table until our meal was done. Also I ordered a baked potatoe and requested butter. The baked potatoe came without the butter. By the time we got someones attention my baked potatoe was cold before I received the butter. Disappointing for the prices.Special Features:
- calpizzakitchenDined on 5/14/2014great food and great place service is good steak is exceptionally goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Wonderful meal, but our server seemed more concerned with filling silverware and other chores than being our server!Special Features:
- Not great for familiesStefanVIPDined on 5/11/2014We dined at Del Frisco's Grille for Mother's Day 2014. It was a beautiful day and we were fortunate to be able to sit outside which was a pleasant surprise. Great location for people watching in Rock Center. The restaurant was relatively empty for a 12:30 reservation so we had a choice of tables. Food was great and service was also great, BUT they don't have a children's menu. They were able to adjust a menu item to be kid friendly. Also they claim to only have two highchairs (and no boosters) for the entire restaurant. We were promised one as soon as one came available but they gave them to people who arrived after us. We finally got one just before we got the check. This is why I say not great for families.Special Features:
- KatieDined on 5/9/2014Although we were unable to get a reservation in the 5:30-7:00 pre-theater range, we did keep our 5:15 reservation time and noticed many empty tables for the entire time we were there. The food was fine, service was fine, and greeters/hostesses were very nice and friendly. This is a really good place for a pre-theater dinner because of its proximity. The decor is sleek and modern, and the restaurant is quite spacious. It is right off Rock Plaza.Special Features:
- Midtown Business LunchhungrylionnycDined on 5/9/2014Del Frisco's Grille is a fine place to meet for a casual business lunch - burgers, salads, wraps (standard American fare). I probably wouldn't go here otherwise because I left feeling like the meal was overpriced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2014I went for a business lunch . I enjoyed the outdoor seating and loved the food. I definitely will return again!Special Features: