Del Frisco's Grille - NYC
50 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Rockefeller Center Midtown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Grille - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscosgrille.com/
- Phone: 2127670371x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - NYC
Del Frisco's Grille is located in the heart of Mid-Town at Rockefeller Center. A bit more casual than Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse, The Grille offers Hand Cut Prime Steaks, Fire Roasted Flat-breads, Hearty Salads, Fresh Seafood, and much more.... We offer a 700 bottle selection wine list, that offers a taste for every palate. Join us on our outdoor patio on the historic Rockefeller Plaza, or inside at the bar or one of our comfortable tables and experience our signature hospitality. Outdoor seating available on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Frisco's Grille - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (58)special occasion (55)fit for foodies (53)great for outdoor dining (50)good for groups (50)notable wine list (47)vibrant bar scene (41)hot spot (39)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (26)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (14)great for brunch (13)late-night find (11)Show More
- DaveDined on 8/31/2014We have always loved Del Frisco's Steakhouse. This was our first time to Del Frisco's Grille and we were not disappointed. The food and service were great.Special Features:
- Ask for AdrianMktngmvnDined on 8/28/2014We arrived as a party of four and requested a table outside for the kick off to Labor Day. Score! the hostesses were wonderful and oh so accommodating. Adrian, our waiter, took excellent care of us. We all indulged in the Triple Treat special... and, it was MAGNIFICENT. Adrian was wonderful and his back up staff was great. To have a wonderful team looking after us was appreciated. We will be back!Special Features:
- Server great but hostess rudeNewYorker86Dined on 8/22/2014We stopped in at 6 for an early dinner before a show. The restaurant was fairly empty, so when the hostess tried to seat us at a table in the middle of all the others we politely asked if we could have one on the end or corner. She rolled her eyes and walked back to the stand the check the available tables. Then came back and moved us over one seat. Literally there were tons of open tables and we had a reservation. Ticked me off and I almost walked out. However, luckily we had a friendly server and the food was tasty. We enjoyed our meal so that is why my scores are positive but did want to highlight the rude hostess. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014Most of the food here is pretty good. The veggie burger is very underwhelming though. Portion and taste.Special Features:
- Luvjoy5OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Waiters and waitress were very professional . The manager came around, to introduce himself. He wanted to know, if the service was good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014The cheese steak eggrolls are to die for! The steak is great and the waiters are very attentative.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This restaurant was the perfect place to celebrate my grandmothers 81st birthday. The food was great and the server was very aware of the menu offerings. I appreciated how everyone was very helpful to all the requests of my grandmother. The only thing that I did not like was the fish tacos. They were just not as flavorful as I have had at other places. For dessert the lemon cake was BOMB. I mean I need the recipe! Great server!Special Features:
- Awesome steakSBercDined on 8/15/2014Love this place! Every time that we go to the city we visit Del Frisco's. Great wine and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014A fantastic evening with 4 in their twenties, celebrating 2 birthdays, with me as the old guy drinking it in. I cannot compliment the service more. We have a wonderful time. The noise is loud, but even I with a hearing aid, survived.Special Features:
- Excellent!! given its touristy locLisaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Met all the expections of an upscale steakhouse "grille" (ambiance, food, & service) however desserts could use improvement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodHedgemunkey949Dined on 8/13/2014Very good steaks..excellent service and vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerfamilyfunDined on 8/12/2014Had an early dinner with 5 adults and 5 children before a show on Broadway. Waiter was very accommodating with food for the young ones and made sure we were finished in time for our show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- easterbunDined on 8/10/2014We wanted to dine in the Rockefeller Center area and found Del Frisco's Grille on an internet search. The food was very good and the chef came out to personally ask if our steaks were prepared to order. There were not a lot of tables dining at the time we were there (a Sunday evening around 7 pm) so I thought the service could have been much better. The lighting is very dim in the restaurant so although the ambience is nice, it's really "dark." Given the ala carte prices and our overall bill in excess of $400 for 4 people (2 non drinkers), I would have expected more. We sat inside but they have outdoor dining as well.Special Features:
- So good!dayyyyDined on 8/9/2014We had an amazing experience at Del Frisco's! We had a reservation and got there early and they sat us right away! The drinks were strong and delicious. We ordered the cheesesteak egg rolls for appetizer and they were mind blowing. Dinner was amazing as well, I definitely recommend ordering your steak oscar style! It was right in Rockefeller plaza and so easy to find and walkable distance from the theater district which we were coming from. We had a great experience and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta Love NYC DiningWaltyDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed the food and location. Thought the food was better at the Burlington, MA location but can't beat the Rockefeller Center location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awful!!AngelaDined on 8/8/2014I ordered the steakhouse salad which I believed to be a pretty safe option given the reputable steakhouse brand. It was the most disgusting salad I've ever had. The steak had absolutely no flavor and the lettuce was so drenched in salad dressing that my dinner companion asked me if the lettuce was old, given the wilted disposition. Our waitress came by and asked how we liked our food, to which I responded with my displeasure albeit in a very polite tone. Instead of taking the hint, she just looked at me and pretended not to hear me. Most high-end restaurant staff would have offered an alternative or comped the item but no, she took my salad away (from which I'd only taken 4 or 5 bites from max) and brought the full bill. Never again!
- Delicious RestaurantvkfeedDined on 8/6/2014I really liked the food and service. The New York Strip Steak was cooked perfectly and the filet mignon was also incredible. As far as appetizers go, the chicken wings and eggrolls were phenomenal as they had a very good sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dinner with kidsBernayayaDined on 8/5/2014We had a long day and wanted something close to Top of the Rock. Very noisy inside, outside was charming, food was excellent. However, compared to the level of service at the DelFriscos in Orlando, I was very disappointed. I think perhaps because we had children with us and although the server was attentive I do think he paid more attention to the tables of couples. My children did however love the filet mignon and the cheesecake creme brûlée dessert.Special Features:
- Terrible BartenderDwtnGirl520Dined on 8/4/2014The service was just terrible and the bartender was beyond rude as if I was his peasant. Waited for my party (corporate client meeting, therefore, everything was going to be expensed with no limits on spending) at the bar. Waited about 10 minutes before either bartender acknowledged me. When the male bartender acknowledged me he rolled his eyes when I ordered my drink and then when I proceeded to pay, he asked if I wanted to close it out or leave it open. I politely said I am waiting for other people he said "again what don't you understand close it out or leave it open and rolled his eyes." ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Waitress was obnoxious as well.Special Features:
- Exceptional!Blaze4foodDined on 8/3/2014On vacation in NYC and wanted a special dinner! Del Frisco's Grille did not disappoint. From the service, to the food, to the wine...simply great! With two teenage girls and waiting for dinner we asked for bread. The waiter said he would bring out some breadsticks. OMG...not just a breadstick but 4 soft, warmed pretzel sticks that were sooo good! The steaks were tender and cooked to perfection. The spare rib stroganoff was deliciously tender and light. Homemade taste! Highly recommend! Something on the menu for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love for any occassionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014I've been to both Del Frisco's and Del Frisco's Grille. I love both. DFG is a more relaxed atmosphere. I recommend for after work meetings with colleagues. lunch meetings, family gathering, special events. This last visit was pre-broadway show with my 6yr old daughter. We had a blast. My daughter ordered a steak. The chef came out to ensure she was happy with the doneness of the steak. I've also gone with my 20 yr old son and he's gone with his friends. It is truly a good time. Enjoy.Special Features:
- No double-eagle: you can do betterGlennDined on 8/3/2014It was good, but not great. It's "brother" the Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse is great. If you are booking here thinking it will be similar to the Double Eagle, you have another think coming. The steaks may be the same (are they really?) but the preparations certainly are not. The seasoning was heavy-handed, and the outside of my steak went beyond sear to char. Not bad, but not great. I had the ribeye and my wife had chicken. Both were good. You can get better value elsewhere.
- Del Frisco's GrillelovesteakDined on 8/2/2014We had a great time at this restaurant. The steak was incredible, and we each had a topper, I had the Oscar style, and my guest had the port wine reduction, both amazing!! We also had the Mac and Cheese which was by far the best I have ever had. Prices are very expensive, but also, very common for New York City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everChesseltineDined on 8/2/2014I was shocked that the reviews weren't better. I've been there twice, years apart, and the food is always excellent. The filet slices like butter. Perfectly charred on either side and perfect inside.Special Features:
- Go for lunchUnGattoGrandeDined on 8/1/2014Like eating on the side of the New Jersey turnpike. Service was great, apps were great. They seem unsure about how to cook a steak. I ordered a steak medium and it came out one step above raw. Even the college cook at my neighborhood Outback knows how to cook a steak. Go sit at the bar and get cheesesteak egg rolls. They were fantastic.Special Features:
- Power LunchREBrokerNYCDined on 7/29/2014Great spot for the suit types to grab a midday bite and glass of wine. Perfect for client lunches. Cheesesteak Eggrolls, Ahi Tacos, and Lamb Burger are must have items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itNatharoseDined on 7/25/2014My sister and I went for dinner. The place was quiet and the food was lovely. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner, Location & Servicesue1dinerDined on 7/25/2014We so enjoyed this resturant since we luckily got a great outdoor table at their fun Rockefeller center area. They serve great food especially since they put out new delicious grilled beef options which we were so happy to share as a couple. They also had great, friendly service and our timing was perfect since we went to a wonderul Broadway show after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014This was my second time to come to Del Frisco Grille. I was in NYC last year and ate there after a play. It was absolutely outstanding. One of the best steaks I have ever had. This time it was a let down. The soup was lukewarm and the special butter I ordered for my steak didn't even melt on the steak. Service however was very good. Loved out waiter.Special Features:
- Usually great, not this timeMiknobDined on 7/24/2014Sweats were not prepared properly, waiter and manager had attitude.
- Try the outside diningPadrinoDined on 7/24/2014I have eaten t Del Frisco's on many occasions but did not realize (on opentable.com) they did not specify they had a sister restaurant in NYC. However the reservationist/manager was very accommodating and seated us outside which was a welcome change . We explained we were going to the theater at 7PM and they promptly took our order and served us in record time. Started with a (6) shrimp cocktail. They were huge and cooked perfectly. The big bone in ribeye (my 10 year old son) was accompanied by mashed potatoes & lobster macaroni & cheese. The wine list is extensive and enjoyed a bottle of Darioush. I strongly suggest you try the outside dining after 5PM. Much quieter and the weather cools off. Also, the surrounding views - vintage NYC.Special Features:
- A+++wineluvrDined on 7/23/2014Excellent service and food. Consistent with both. Cowboy cut ribeye highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table not readyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/21/2014Del Frisco's Grille has an annoying policy of not seating tables until the whole group is present. While used to time the order properly for the kitchen, creates a bottle neck at the front door of people standing around and crowding the front desk. When we arrived for our 1:00 pm reservation the table was not ready and we stood in the crowded space for ten minutes.
- Best Burger in NYC!BRR59Dined on 7/20/2014A calm Sunday evening is the perfect time to dine at the Del Frisco Grille in NYC. The service was smooth, the beverages frothy, and the double-cheese burger was the best in town!Special Features:
- Service supremeMo241Dined on 7/20/2014They couldn't do enough for you, the service was exceptional and of course the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!Nowhere182Dined on 7/19/2014What a great meal! A party of 9 of us were there, and the service was top-notch, just like the food. All of the steaks were cooked to perfection, and my wife could not stop raving about the port/foie gras butter. The lamb burger was exceptional, as was the flatbread. The only disappointment was the bread pudding, which was just okay. We will be recommending this restaurant to all as a great place within the area, and frankly, New York City!Special Features:
- Good place but not outstandingJackMagmaDined on 7/18/2014I have eaten here three or four times in the last year. Good drink and menu selections including an unusual rye whiskey. Disappointed to have entrées arrive too soon after the salads were served and servers were a little lacking in timely contacts. Kind of a quiet early Friday evening and servers and busers were screwing around instead of doing their jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014I organized a business lunch and we ate outisde. It was beautiful weather and there was no noise to interfere with the discussion. The good was great and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Pretty AverageRobertDined on 7/12/2014Although priced similarly, Del Friscos Grille does not match up in food quality, atmosphere or service with the high-end steak houses (Morton's, Ruth Chris or Capital Grille)...next time I'll stick with the tried and true.
- Great food, great. service....LouandLizDined on 7/12/2014Awesome food and great service...really enjoy this restaurant. Have had lunch, dinner and late night snack and every time we have been there is better than the last. Will keep coming back and definitely recommend it to everyone!Special Features: