Del Frisco's Grille - McKinney Ave - Dallas
3232 McKinney Ave. Suite 175
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Grille - McKinney Ave - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delfriscosgrille.com/dallas
- Phone: 9728076152x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Antonio Zamora
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Hall
- Public Transit: The McKinney Plaza stop on the M-Line Trolley.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: The most convenient and efficient parking for lunch that we have is our self parking lot on Hall street, directly behind the restaurant. Pull into the parking lot, go straight ahead through the gate, and we will give you a token to use when you are leaving.
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - McKinney Ave - Dallas
Del Frisco’s Grille is located in vibrant Uptown Dallas, the heart of Dallas’ dining and social scene. Our restaurant blends industrial and lush elements to create an atmosphere that is simultaneously stylish, social and relaxed. Two energetic bars create a buzz throughout the restaurant and set the stage for an exciting dining experience. The patios provide the perfect perch to catch a glimpse of the action on the McKinney Ave corridor and offer some of the best al fresco dining in Dallas. It’s your place to eat with a friend and catch up on the latest or make a new friends at the bar. Our food and drinks are built to share, so share the experience with your neighbors – they are just friends you haven’t met yet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Frisco's Grille - McKinney Ave - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)hot spot (61)vibrant bar scene (59)great for outdoor dining (57)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (48)great for lunch (47)great for brunch (46)notable wine list (43)romantic (36)late-night find (20)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Date Nightkesha523Dined on 8/23/2014Great food, perfect date night spot. Your date will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/23/2014We met for an early dinner and the food was great. The only thing was our table was right by the bar which was a little crammed but other than that, it was great.Special Features:
- Successful evening!TexasileneVIPDined on 8/18/2014We dined w elderly relatives on a Monday night. We weren't drinking & had special requests- not anyone's ideal diners....however our server, Amber, treated us like her most important table. She was patient (bless her) and attentive. Our glasses were never empty & she even kept them full of ice. All the special requests were granted w a smile. We ordered 3 steak salads & a steak sandwich; all w different temp requests. They came out perfect & at the same time. That, my friends is an example of a top notch kitchen. Our food & desserts were excellent. We came in at the last minute but will be coming back "on purpose" for sure.Special Features:
- Pretty good restaurant!foodie4lifeDined on 8/17/2014I enjoyed my drink. I got the VIP with a splash of strawberry which was really good. The two appetizers I had were the jumbo lump crab cake and deviled eggs. The jumbo lump crab cake was good but I was expecting more of a baked crab cake with a crunchy breaded coating. I did love the dressing that was drizzled over it though. The deviled egg was ok. The drizzled sauce made it taste better but by itself it didn't leave a lasting impression for me. It was also served VERY cold. I ordered the chicken fried ribeye with mashed potatoes, which was decent. The gravy was a brown gravy (not cream) and it was VERY heavy on Indian spices. The mashed potatoes were not all that great and it shared the same brown gravy as the chicken fried ribeye.Special Features:
- Had a good timeLuvingLifeDined on 8/17/2014Overall I liked it but was a little disappointed with my food. I ordered the garlic shrimp flatbread and some of the shrimp hadn't been deveined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent casual dining experience. Superior service. We had a really great time.Special Features:
- 2 Hours of Dinnig BlissBigDFrogVIPDined on 8/16/2014I don't know how else to describe my last meal here other than "2 Hours of Dining Bliss". Everything was perfect, and this is not an exaggeration. No wait for my table, service was impeccable (Jenna had a great attitude and had some wonderful recommendations), drinks were flowing (VIPs and white sangria), and food was perfection on a plate (cheesesteak eggrolls, wedge salad, veal meatloaf, coconut cream pie). Don't know what else to say other than we cannot wait until our next meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the menu and server was great!DeedeeDined on 8/16/2014The menu is varied and the server, David was very helpful and attentive. However, we arrived early on our way to the theater and the restaurant was not busy. They escorted us right to a table close to the bathrooms! We requested a better option which they gave us but the hostess had to walk back downstairs and get approval to move us. Not very smooth or 'user friendly'. When the restaurant first opened everyone was VERY ATTENTIVE TO OUR NEEDS AND TO THE NEEDS OF EVERYONE IN THE PLACE. the quality control aspect as far as PR seems to have gone away. The coconut creme pie was really delectable enough for 4 of us to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed the food and service. The waiter was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I brought my husband to this restaurant to celebrate his birthday and I was very pleased and very happy with the service we received from the point of making reservations up until we left. Superb staff, food, drinks, ambience, ect. My husband was so happy and relaxed as he enjoyed his birthday. The staff were very attentive and management took time out to say Happy birthday to my husband as if they personally knew him. We will definitely come again just because. Love love love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUT THE PLUM SHOTfoodievirgoDined on 8/12/20145 STARS FOR THE PLUM SHOT. IT WAS EVERYTHING. IT WAS A DREAM. IT WAS THE LOTTO. YUMMI.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and servicebportierDined on 8/10/2014The Crabcake Benedict is hands down the best entree on the Brunch menu. Our waiter, Taylor, was attentive, knowledgable and charming. He provided excellent service and made us feel cared for. Taylor recommended the VIP, Vodka infused Pineapple martini, which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Grille!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/9/2014Del Frisco's Grille was outstanding! From the appetizers to the entrees and dessert! Everything that came was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BalanceMcluvinDined on 8/3/2014It was a great balance between, romantic but not overly exaggerated because with the right group, you could throw a party and the atmosphere could cater to that as well. Most places were closed on Sundays. This is the one and only place downtown for a last minute descent meal that your wife would enjoy. It got me some brownie points.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014My entire had a wonderful time. It was our first visit but certainly won't be our last! Excellent service and the food was also great!Special Features:
- AmazingTommyDined on 7/26/2014This place never disappoints! I would recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "before event" spotdallasfoodieDined on 7/22/2014We had reservations at DTC and wanted a special restaurant not too far away from the arts district. Del Frisco's Grille - McKinney Ave was perfect. It wasn't crowded (we went really early) and was just about 5 minutes away from the theatre. And to top it off the food was GREAT!! Steak was perfect and the best one we've had so far in Dallas. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service; Food DisappointeddeliciousDined on 7/20/2014We spent over $1,000 including tip and we thought our dining experience overall was not worth it. We are Del Frisco fans, but it seems to be hit and miss at Del Frisco's Grill for us. Jordan, and his helpers, were great servers! Drinks and appetizers were great! Entrees not so much. My salmon was pretty good, and the green side was almost tasteless and hard to eat. Four people ordered the seafood special and no one liked it and said it was not hot enough when served. I was told that the chicken fried rib eye steak was real good according to those that had it. Desserts were mostly great except bread pudding was not what was expected and was not that good. Overall, it was good, but we were disappointed compared to past experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningMrBillDined on 7/19/2014DFG did everything right: seating upstairs, drinks, food, service. Could not have asked for more; did not feel rushed. Great experience and will return...glad I live close.Special Features:
- Celebratory Engagement DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We went here with some close friends to celebrate our engagement. DFG has become one of my favorite dinner spots. Its no the best food out there but the food is good, the staff is attentive and it is a fun energetic place to be! The sommelier delivered a complimentary round of champagne to congratulate us. We sat on the upstairs patio and the weather was awesome!! It was just an all-around strong night for DFG!!Special Features:
- The Grill never disappoints!BrunchloverVIPDined on 7/18/2014We love this restaurant! The food is delicious, service spot on, and atmosphere hard to beat! We loved the deviled eggs and ahi tuna appetizer. The sole francese with crab topping is our favorite entree--amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated my sister's Bday!sunnyandindyDined on 7/18/2014Perfect place for a celebration, the wine list was extensive yet reasonable, food was excellent and Amber our server was fantastic!Special Features:
- Not a good mealnancyDined on 7/15/2014We have eaten at Del Frisco's for years at the Addison location-always good -great service and food. We had never eaten at this location on McKinney. My husband ordered the chicken fried rib eye -I think it was called. It was one of their signature dishes on the menu. My husband said it was terrible-looked more like a flank steak maybe-not even a good chicken fried steak. I had the filet of sole with crab meat on top-----it was very mediocre! We told our server about the poor quality of food and he offered to take of bill. My husband always hated to do that but another manager insisted on giving us a free dessert and a coupon for a free appetizer for a next visit. The dessert was to die for---coconut cream pie- not your ordinary pie at all!
- Took the wind out of my sails!Advocate4gr8erGOODDined on 7/13/2014Very disappointed sums it up. The service rivaled non other than Chilis Bar and Grill. The waiter we were supposed to have never showed up at our table so I had to go ask the host to provide another server. The food was about half as good as the traditional Del Friscos. We were hoping to find a casual spot with great food and service, not going to happen here. After a very mediocre experience I paid my $200 tab that only included my wife, my 14 year old son, and myself and off we went to get our car out of valet which costs another $5. This place is very good about taking your money, not so good about earning it. Save yourself the trouble and go to the real version or even nick and SAMs grill will treat you better.
- Date Night With WifeDateNiteDined on 7/12/2014We are new to the area and had heard great things about Del Frisco's. I took my wife there for a date night and we had a great time! The service was excellent and the food was perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014Our anniversary here was great! We were given proceco when we arrived with a special welcome and invitation to dine with the hostess in DC. Food was great! Dover sole and creamed kale. Best margarita ever and only 160 cal. Desert also on them. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGdiningjunkieDined on 7/11/2014OUTSTANDING service. Extremely attentive, knowledgeable and more. Food was great. VERY loud so don't go there with anyone hard of hearing. Truly a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed myselfJanmichaelDined on 7/6/2014Had a beautiful experience. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelsJWFoodNotesDined on 7/6/2014The menu for dinner was more to our pallet the brunch was fine but not super. We will go back for dinner but not for brunch. The wait was long which we don't mind if the food is fantastic and it wasn't. My husband's tuna was great but that was more a dinner food. So that's why will would go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent MenuSherryDined on 7/4/2014I thought this was a destination steakhouse, but there are actually just a few steaks on the menu. My husband had the strip, and I had a filet, and both were excellent. It's good to know though that there are more casual items on the menu, so if we're not feeling like eating or paying for a steak dinner, the burger menu sounds great too!Special Features:
- Great steak!SaturdayDined on 7/4/2014Excellent place to dine! Hostess wasn't the pleasant but atmosphere and food was food. Wait the lettuce that my steak was on had withered but the slices of steak were superb! Right after lunch or dinner you can either take a stroll or ride the trolley. It picks up right next door.Special Features:
- Special night!ThankfulanneDined on 7/1/2014Excellent food and service! The staff helped make our anniversary very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularFoodloversDined on 6/29/2014This is definitely my favorite place to eat! Waiters are always fast and courteous. The food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousNite2dineDined on 6/29/2014Excellent food. Wine. And APPETIZERS!!!! Tooooooo. NoisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evenings on the balcony upstairs5thGenTxDined on 6/28/2014I really enjoy having both business and personal meetings at Del Friscos, especially durning evenings on the upstairs balcony where the ambience is nice , open sky, mister fans and a fire treatment around the bar. Great if you just want to sit outside, have some great apps and and entree. Waiters are on top of it and the balcony is somewhat removed from the louder more traditional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DinnerZilardDined on 6/22/2014Our server was Ty and he did an amazing job. The food was equally as good.Special Features:
- CeciliaDined on 6/22/2014The food is always great but the service, from hostess to waiter/waitress to servers are all awesome! They all were very friendly.Special Features:
- Loud and Bad FoodMereBearVIPDined on 6/21/2014I ordered the filet and shrimp special cooked to medium. It was served rare and I could barely slice the filet because it was such a poor cut of meat. Flavor wasn't anything special. The waitress, however, was awesome and attentive.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014The food, the service, the bartenders, the ambiance. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much attentionBigtravelerVIPDined on 6/17/2014Okay so it started with a waiter who turned out to not be our waiter. Then the waiter came. Then we ordered cocktails. Then he showed up every 5 minutes like clockwork. "How's it going?" "Ready to order?" "More wine? Water? etc etc etc. And the floor manager stopped by and another manager stopped by. All told - at least 20 table touches. It was annoying. Food was okay. Nothing bad, nothing memorable. Pricey.