Del Frisco's Grille - Houston
2800 Kirby Dr.
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Del Frisco's Grille - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://delfriscosgrille.com/location/houston/
- Phone: (832) 623-6168
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH - Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
LUNCH: Mon - Fri: 11:30am - 4:00pm
DINNER - Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeff Taylor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Jones 8326236168x
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - Houston
Del Frisco’s Grille is located in the upbeat River Oaks area of Houston. A bit more casual than Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse, The Grille offers Hand-Cut Steaks, Fresh Seafood, Fire Roasted Flatbreads, Tempting Shareable items and so much more. We offer a wine list that includes over 500 bottle selections with a pairing for every palate. Join us for an unforgettable meal and our signature hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Del Frisco's Grille - Houston - Best Restaurants in River Oaks ›
Del Frisco's Grille - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (91)special occasion (79)hot spot (78)good for groups (77)fit for foodies (70)great for lunch (55)great for outdoor dining (50)great for brunch (50)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (43)romantic (40)late-night find (25)scenic view (18)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Fantastic French ToastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Fantastic French Toast and pretty much everything here is delicious and the service is amazing too. love this place and would definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!Beck2LifeDined on 11/23/2014The Red Velvet Waffles are a must! The Crab Cake Benedict was outstanding also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!peddocDined on 11/18/2014I booked through open table which was so easy. We were seated immediately. Our server was very good and attentive. We ordered the filet which was cooked to order and fork tender. We met friends and were able to visit easily without too much noise. The ambiance was relaxing and upscale. We enjoyed getting the del friscos quality in a more casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal from Del Frisco's GrillDiscerning2Dined on 11/16/2014We decided to hit brunch at Del Frisco's grill, one of our favorite spots. I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs, and it was great. My wife opted for a Chicken Caesar Salad, and said it was fine, but expected them to liven it up a bit. We mentioned that to the staff, and they brought her additional fresh chicken. Overall. yet another excellent experience with De Frisco's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy but they might be slippingBbotheVIPDined on 11/14/2014I love Del Frisco's but the last few times I've been to the Grille the food has been average and they need to work on cleaning a little more diligently. I'll continue to go but I do think they could step up their game a bit to live up to the Del Frisco's image. Dropping a marketing piece about gift cards for the holiday, while likely very profitable, seems to be a bit below the Del Frisco's brand. Plus, make sure the tables are clean before you seat someone. Just sayin'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They know steaksFoodLoverDined on 11/11/2014Again, a delightful experience. Steaks cooked to perfection, and the other foods we had were all delicious. This is becoming a favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner - fair priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/1/2014I had dinner here with my 12-year old son. We ate outside on the patio (9pm). The restaurant was busy, but not too loud. Nice wait staff. The manager came out to check on us a few times as well. All very nice and helpful. We shared the tomatoes and burrata as an appetizer. It was good, but the tomatoes were not as flavorful (nor cut as thick) as some other restaurants. The burrata was good/creamy - but the dish could have used a bit more balsamic vinegar and olive oil. We then shared the NY strip, which was delicious. Cooked perfectly and very tasty. the waiter let me try a few red wines before I decided on a Spanish Rioja, which was priced fairly. We capped the meal with a Nutella bread pudding that was good, but not spectacular.Special Features:
- Great foodfoodlover4lifeVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food was great, but nothing out of the ordinary. The plates are described to appear a bit "different" but really the food is anything you can find at your chili's or olive garden. What makes them different is the presentation. The VIP drink though - now that is hard to find! It was delicious and we order a few more. The managers are very attentive there and really try to make you happy. Definitely will return when looking for an energetic and modern atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent Service, Food, & Wine!SaraDined on 11/1/2014My sisters and I had a lovely evening at Del Frisco's! We began with a lovely Justin Cabernet Souvignon, had a terrific menu select - each of us tried something different so we could taste as many dishes as possible. My favorites were the Shrimp and Grits and the Lemon cake for dessert. The steaks and the salmon were terrific too!Special Features:
- Ladies LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our only disappointment is that we went on a Saturday and they did not serve brunch except on Sundays.Special Features:
- Late Birthday DinnerKK26VIPDined on 10/28/2014My friend brought me here for a late birthday dinner and everything was great!! I ordered the filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection! We also had the Chipotle 3 cheese mac which was sooo yummy!! My friend even called the restaurant before hand to tell them it was my birthday and they brought me out the Nutella bread pudding on the house and it was sooo good!! (They even gave me this cute little card) The drinks were really good as well, I got the Apt. 5D. Our waitresses were so nice and I will definitely be coming back here!Special Features:
- anniversaryDined on 10/25/2014Everything was great just to noisy. we showed up 10 minutes because the front door was hard to spot, and our table was given to another couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- husbands birthdayGoodieDined on 10/25/2014We had a delicious dinner with wine and a wonderful complimentary dessert. Great service and great food. A little bit too noisy for me though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I made a reservation about a month ago for my parents birthdays. I was going to take them to brunch at your restaurant. When we were seated, I asked the hostess where the brunch menu was. She informed me that y'all had stopped serving brunch on Saturdays just last weekend. This was the only reason we were coming to your restaurant. Due to the change in offering, an email should have been sent to all reservation holders for that time frame. We did not stay to eat. Reservations are made for a reason, if something changed it is not my responsibilty to call in and ask that question. I was very disappointed with this experience and will not be coming back.Special Features:
- Fantastic!GoodservicejunkieDined on 10/21/2014Del Frisco's Grille is one of my favorite lunch places! The food and service is top notch every time.Special Features:
- AlwaysVIPDined on 10/18/2014We frequent here quite often, and normally it is excellent. This visit, not so much. The waiter was non-existant for the first 15 minutes. Jaimie came and took our drink orders until the waiter showed. My wife ordered the filet special, and it was the fattiest filet she ever had, according to her. We can usually count on Del Frosco's Grille for impeccable service and food.Special Features:
- Great food. OK serviceTiernasligoDined on 10/12/2014We were a party of three eating early. The restaurant was mostly empty so it was rather confusing how the service was not as attentive as it could have been. The food was cooked perfectly and delicious but the drink refills were infrequent. The three of us got steak, again, prepared very nicely and a delight to eat. The dessert menus clearly need replacing or at least cleaning. Overall, we enjoyed our experience but a little more attention to detail would have made it a great experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodMickiVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a very nice dinner. I love the Apartment 5D drink. The food was very good. My only issue was with our server. He offered several "off the menu" items, but didn't seem to know the cost of them. We asked him about one, he had to go ask. We chose to add the Oscar topping to our steak, after he told us it was the same price as the steak alone. Didn't make sense, but we asked. Of course when the bill came we discovered he was incorrect. Very frustrating since I made a point to ask.
- Cold tasteless entreesSue21Dined on 10/4/2014Apps were good but entrees were cold and decidedly average and therefore overpriced. Waiter was good but we didn't want to keep complaining. Won't return.
- Dinner with Friends23rdWeddingAnniversaryDined on 10/4/2014I brought my husband and another couple who had never been Del Frisco's Grill. They loved the Cheesestake Eggrolls and The VIP cocktail I suggested! Everyone enjoyed the dining experience and we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular at Del FriscosLocalGDined on 10/4/2014We dine at Del Friscos several times a month. The food on this occasion was not up to par. The smoked pork chop was tough and not a good cut. Salads were fair. The service was spotty. Not what we normally expect.Special Features:
- Great food but slowGregVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food and ambiance was fantastic. The kitchen was painfully slow as we waiter over an hour for our meal to be served. No visit to the table from the manager to explain. All else was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good choicejeanpln07VIPDined on 9/27/2014DFG is a great place for steaks and their bar area is cool. Right in the West Ave bldg so you have choices for drinks after your meal.Special Features:
- DisappointedtopshelfVIPDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I both ordered the Filet. When we got our our steaks both were really undercooked and had to be sent back. We ordered medium well, steaks came out well done on the outside but blood rare inside. When we got them back again they were really charred on the outside and over cooked inside. The server was very attentive and did all she could to make up for the kitchen but the food was disappointing.
- AveragedragonladyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Del Frisco's Grill is in a fun place at West Ave., has great outdoor seating but people walk out the door and smoke and it blows RIGHT ON YOU....ugh! The most disappointing thing was the food. It was mediocre at best. The "Heirloom Tomato Salad" was NOT Heirloom tomatoes. It was hard quartered tomatoes that were terrible! The service was a college kid from UH definitely just average. We dined at Perry's Steakhouse on Saturday and there was a stark difference between the Del Frisco staff. A well-trained wait staff can make all the difference in the dining experience! Even the DF mgr came by the table but didn't have the flare of an upscale restaurant with her mannerisms and ability to show her concern for your dining experience.Special Features:
- Finally good serviceCampmaVIPDined on 9/25/2014I had almost given up on DFG after receiving poor service. Past few visits the waiter/waitress has rushed us through our meal. Finally we got Daniel and he was very attentive and did not make us feel rushed. Daniel would check up on us and asked if we wanted dessert or coffee which we had not been offered on our past two visits. Ahi tacos and cheesesteak egg rolls always a big hit. Kilt Lifter is a very good drink.Special Features:
- RobDVIPDined on 9/20/2014Service was horrible. Sat there for 20 minms before our waiter checked on us.Special Features:
- Friday Burgersjohnjord205Dined on 9/19/2014We went for Burgers and had a bottle of wine and a great time.Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday Brunch!Bday2014Dined on 9/14/2014Celebrated my birthday here and everything was great! Our food selections were all delicious as was the pitcher of sangria. Daniel our waiter was friendly, attentive and excellent! Make this your celebration destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Their Brunch!Discerning2Dined on 9/14/2014A good friend was introducing my wife and I to his new girlfriend, and I suggested Del Frisco's Grill for brunch. It was a great suggestion. Not only was the food wonderful, and Arthur, the server was excellent and thoughtful, but the noise level was comfortable for extended conversation. I tried the chicken fried steak and eggs off the brunch menu while the others ate off the lunch menu. Everyone was very happy with their selection. My good friend tried the shrimp and grits and pronounced it wonderful. They had the coconut pie, a very decadent treat, garnished with white chocolate shavings, whereas we had the Nutella bread pudding, which was wonderful! One of my favorite places in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchBrunchersDay7Dined on 9/14/2014A delight! Blood Mary's & Fixins' Delish! Loved Crabcake Benedict but more like lump crab. Red Velvet waffles very good! Our waiter was fabulous ... Daniel, I believe. Only fault: arrived five minutes before opening. Front door open so we went in. Manager (?) kinda rude and asked us to leave. Will return though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Shelf (Mostly)GintonicDined on 9/13/2014Good, but not great entrees. Kitchen forgot to prepare our side items, but manager made it right. Fantastic deserts....very large and delicious. Service was the best we've had in Houston.Special Features:
- Melt in your mouth FiletBellaireBelleDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I tried this on a Friday night and really enjoyed it. Great service and lots of interesting choices. The cheesesteak egg rolls were a perfect appetizer. We each tried the Brussels sprout salad and it was yummy. My husband ordered the 8 oz filet with the truffle butter and it was the best steak either of us has had in a long time. I had the shrimp and grits and they were quite good too. We split the choc cake with vanilla bean ice cream - always a fav dessert. The bar was lively but we were happy to enjoy a glass of Malbec at our table. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- solikeleeDined on 9/9/2014You have to try the philly cheesesteak eggrolls. Holy goodness! I've always had exceptional service at this restaurant and the food has never failed to perform. I definitely recommend this place for business lunches, brunch or a fun dinner out.Special Features:
- Sunday burger and beermichelleDined on 9/7/2014We had the burger and beer. It was very good, a bit expensive but great service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great people watchingTexasMomDined on 9/6/2014Nice ambiance, TV's on for college football and service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBaylorlawDined on 9/5/2014Food was very good. The service is awesome. Never left alone. Downside is that this is noisy.Special Features:
- ConsistencyRoneMVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have been to Del Frisco's Grille on multiple occsassions and the food is always good, service is always pretty good and the ambiance is nice in the evening. I usually go for lunch and highly recommend it for business lunches and just to catch up with friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectaculus!MegsfindsDined on 9/2/2014Every time I visit Del Friscos-Grille I am always happy I choose this establishment as my place of dining. The brunch is outstanding, dinner is outstanding and lunch is outstanding(trust me Ive been for all three) I will always keep this place as one of my go to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticrunningismyprozacDined on 9/2/2014We started at the bar where we were greeted by a waiter on his first day. He didn't know if the restaurant had a happy hour or I'd there were any specials. He did get us our Hendricks and tonic expediently so that was a plus. We then met up with the other couple joining us for dinner where we were greeted by our waitress. She took care if us. Explained the specials well and answered all of our questions about the menu. Appetizers, entrée's and desserts were all "out of this world". I highly recommend del Frisco's grille on upper kirby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.