Del Frisco's Grille - Houston
2800 Kirby Dr.
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Del Frisco's Grille - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://delfriscosgrille.com/location/houston/
- Phone: 8326236168x
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
LUNCH - Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
DINNER - Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeff Taylor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Jones 8326236168x
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - Houston
Del Frisco’s Grille is located in the upbeat River Oaks area of Houston. A bit more casual than Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse, The Grille offers Hand-Cut Steaks, Fresh Seafood, Fire Roasted Flatbreads, Tempting Shareable items and so much more. We offer a wine list that includes over 500 bottle selections with a pairing for every palate. Join us for an unforgettable meal and our signature hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Del Frisco's Grille - Houston - Best Restaurants in River Oaks ›
Del Frisco's Grille - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (99)special occasion (85)good for groups (81)hot spot (80)fit for foodies (67)great for lunch (57)great for brunch (54)great for outdoor dining (50)romantic (46)notable wine list (46)neighborhood gem (39)late-night find (30)scenic view (20)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- AlwaysVIPDined on 10/18/2014We frequent here quite often, and normally it is excellent. This visit, not so much. The waiter was non-existant for the first 15 minutes. Jaimie came and took our drink orders until the waiter showed. My wife ordered the filet special, and it was the fattiest filet she ever had, according to her. We can usually count on Del Frosco's Grille for impeccable service and food.Special Features:
- Great food. OK serviceTiernasligoDined on 10/12/2014We were a party of three eating early. The restaurant was mostly empty so it was rather confusing how the service was not as attentive as it could have been. The food was cooked perfectly and delicious but the drink refills were infrequent. The three of us got steak, again, prepared very nicely and a delight to eat. The dessert menus clearly need replacing or at least cleaning. Overall, we enjoyed our experience but a little more attention to detail would have made it a great experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodMickiVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a very nice dinner. I love the Apartment 5D drink. The food was very good. My only issue was with our server. He offered several "off the menu" items, but didn't seem to know the cost of them. We asked him about one, he had to go ask. We chose to add the Oscar topping to our steak, after he told us it was the same price as the steak alone. Didn't make sense, but we asked. Of course when the bill came we discovered he was incorrect. Very frustrating since I made a point to ask.
- Cold tasteless entreesSue21Dined on 10/4/2014Apps were good but entrees were cold and decidedly average and therefore overpriced. Waiter was good but we didn't want to keep complaining. Won't return.
- Dinner with Friends23rdWeddingAnniversaryDined on 10/4/2014I brought my husband and another couple who had never been Del Frisco's Grill. They loved the Cheesestake Eggrolls and The VIP cocktail I suggested! Everyone enjoyed the dining experience and we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular at Del FriscosLocalGDined on 10/4/2014We dine at Del Friscos several times a month. The food on this occasion was not up to par. The smoked pork chop was tough and not a good cut. Salads were fair. The service was spotty. Not what we normally expect.Special Features:
- Great food but slowGregVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food and ambiance was fantastic. The kitchen was painfully slow as we waiter over an hour for our meal to be served. No visit to the table from the manager to explain. All else was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedtopshelfVIPDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I both ordered the Filet. When we got our our steaks both were really undercooked and had to be sent back. We ordered medium well, steaks came out well done on the outside but blood rare inside. When we got them back again they were really charred on the outside and over cooked inside. The server was very attentive and did all she could to make up for the kitchen but the food was disappointing.
- AveragedragonladyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Del Frisco's Grill is in a fun place at West Ave., has great outdoor seating but people walk out the door and smoke and it blows RIGHT ON YOU....ugh! The most disappointing thing was the food. It was mediocre at best. The "Heirloom Tomato Salad" was NOT Heirloom tomatoes. It was hard quartered tomatoes that were terrible! The service was a college kid from UH definitely just average. We dined at Perry's Steakhouse on Saturday and there was a stark difference between the Del Frisco staff. A well-trained wait staff can make all the difference in the dining experience! Even the DF mgr came by the table but didn't have the flare of an upscale restaurant with her mannerisms and ability to show her concern for your dining experience.Special Features:
- Finally good serviceCampmaVIPDined on 9/25/2014I had almost given up on DFG after receiving poor service. Past few visits the waiter/waitress has rushed us through our meal. Finally we got Daniel and he was very attentive and did not make us feel rushed. Daniel would check up on us and asked if we wanted dessert or coffee which we had not been offered on our past two visits. Ahi tacos and cheesesteak egg rolls always a big hit. Kilt Lifter is a very good drink.Special Features:
- RobDVIPDined on 9/20/2014Service was horrible. Sat there for 20 minms before our waiter checked on us.Special Features:
- Friday Burgersjohnjord205Dined on 9/19/2014We went for Burgers and had a bottle of wine and a great time.Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday Brunch!Bday2014Dined on 9/14/2014Celebrated my birthday here and everything was great! Our food selections were all delicious as was the pitcher of sangria. Daniel our waiter was friendly, attentive and excellent! Make this your celebration destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Their Brunch!Discerning2Dined on 9/14/2014A good friend was introducing my wife and I to his new girlfriend, and I suggested Del Frisco's Grill for brunch. It was a great suggestion. Not only was the food wonderful, and Arthur, the server was excellent and thoughtful, but the noise level was comfortable for extended conversation. I tried the chicken fried steak and eggs off the brunch menu while the others ate off the lunch menu. Everyone was very happy with their selection. My good friend tried the shrimp and grits and pronounced it wonderful. They had the coconut pie, a very decadent treat, garnished with white chocolate shavings, whereas we had the Nutella bread pudding, which was wonderful! One of my favorite places in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchBrunchersDay7Dined on 9/14/2014A delight! Blood Mary's & Fixins' Delish! Loved Crabcake Benedict but more like lump crab. Red Velvet waffles very good! Our waiter was fabulous ... Daniel, I believe. Only fault: arrived five minutes before opening. Front door open so we went in. Manager (?) kinda rude and asked us to leave. Will return though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Shelf (Mostly)GintonicDined on 9/13/2014Good, but not great entrees. Kitchen forgot to prepare our side items, but manager made it right. Fantastic deserts....very large and delicious. Service was the best we've had in Houston.Special Features:
- Melt in your mouth FiletBellaireBelleDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I tried this on a Friday night and really enjoyed it. Great service and lots of interesting choices. The cheesesteak egg rolls were a perfect appetizer. We each tried the Brussels sprout salad and it was yummy. My husband ordered the 8 oz filet with the truffle butter and it was the best steak either of us has had in a long time. I had the shrimp and grits and they were quite good too. We split the choc cake with vanilla bean ice cream - always a fav dessert. The bar was lively but we were happy to enjoy a glass of Malbec at our table. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- solikeleeDined on 9/9/2014You have to try the philly cheesesteak eggrolls. Holy goodness! I've always had exceptional service at this restaurant and the food has never failed to perform. I definitely recommend this place for business lunches, brunch or a fun dinner out.Special Features:
- Sunday burger and beermichelleDined on 9/7/2014We had the burger and beer. It was very good, a bit expensive but great service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great people watchingTexasMomDined on 9/6/2014Nice ambiance, TV's on for college football and service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBaylorlawDined on 9/5/2014Food was very good. The service is awesome. Never left alone. Downside is that this is noisy.Special Features:
- ConsistencyRoneMVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have been to Del Frisco's Grille on multiple occsassions and the food is always good, service is always pretty good and the ambiance is nice in the evening. I usually go for lunch and highly recommend it for business lunches and just to catch up with friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectaculus!MegsfindsDined on 9/2/2014Every time I visit Del Friscos-Grille I am always happy I choose this establishment as my place of dining. The brunch is outstanding, dinner is outstanding and lunch is outstanding(trust me Ive been for all three) I will always keep this place as one of my go to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticrunningismyprozacDined on 9/2/2014We started at the bar where we were greeted by a waiter on his first day. He didn't know if the restaurant had a happy hour or I'd there were any specials. He did get us our Hendricks and tonic expediently so that was a plus. We then met up with the other couple joining us for dinner where we were greeted by our waitress. She took care if us. Explained the specials well and answered all of our questions about the menu. Appetizers, entrée's and desserts were all "out of this world". I highly recommend del Frisco's grille on upper kirby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014wasn't impressed with the grits cakes the waiter recommended. Additionally, the portion of the Red fish dish with dirty rice was disappointing. Had to repeat myself a few times with requests to the waiter till I finally just asked whomever passed by. No refill on water during my visit until I was leaving! :/Special Features:
- 4th time backRopespierreVIPDined on 8/30/2014I think that pretty much says it all. If you are willing to go back after two times it has slipped into your personal rotationSpecial Features:
- Second time around...trvlgrl77Dined on 8/30/2014I first visited Del Frisco's Grille last March, around the time it first opened and I thought the food was amazing. This time, I'm not sure what happened. I had barbequed chicken and shrimp as an entrée and I knew from the messy plating that it wasn't going to be great. There was nothing spectacular about the meal and if this was my first experience, I probably would never go back. I tried to drown the chicken in barbeque sauce to somehow make it better than it was, but no such luck. It took a long time for our food to arrive and the manager graciously brought deviled eggs to our table as a concession for the long wait -- but neither me or the other guest eats deviled eggs so we just sat and waited for our subpar food to arrive.Special Features:
- First Timeluv2winedineDined on 8/26/2014This was my first time to wine and dine at Del Frisco's Grille in Houston and I will definitely be back again. The food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Meal with FriendsnvrdulltxVIPDined on 8/26/2014We have been to Del Frisco's Grill a few times and every time it is a great experience. THe service is great and the food is wonderful. My wife had the lamb burger and could not saying how much she enjoyed it. I had the filet medallions and they were cooked perfectly and the sauce was tasty. Nice place to go with friends or just when you want to have a nice dinner with that someone special. THey get crowded so be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:
- Tried for restaurant month.countryguyDined on 8/26/2014Food was good but not superb. Steak had to be sent back twice. Salmon was good, not great. Waitress forgot wine for one guest. Other guest had to ask for tea refill.Special Features:
- I will returnPetwickDined on 8/26/2014I went to this restaurant for Restaurant Weeks in Houston twice. Restaurant week worked for them, charity and me, I will return to eat here and that is not true of all the different places I have sample during these weeks.Special Features:
- Vibrant and Delicious!FoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014Simple foods with a delicious twist and beautiful presentations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good - nothing wrong.ChristieDined on 8/24/2014Good food and service. Too noisy to be an 'intimate' date night. The only reason I would not go back, there are similar places for less $.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW win!KelykelDined on 8/24/2014First time to visit and checked out the HRW special. What a find! Great service, food and ambience. I WILL be back very soon and definitely telling friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night!Out2eatDined on 8/23/2014We always love to dine here! The server Dustin is awesome! We had a lot of help as well from Amanda and Robert! I loved the desserts and they have my favorite wine too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- princess007Dined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant - food was excellent, wait staff and bar staff were equally great. We will frequent this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Food Not GreatrnrdinksDined on 8/22/2014We ordered off the HRW menu - pork chop overcooked and dry...had to SAW through the filet...grits bland...pasta for mac & cheese not cooked in salted water (or enough salt) and was bland with soggy topping. The regular menu looks very interesting with some different offerings, but probably will not go back because of the poor food quality experienced for HRW. The service was outstanding. Our serving staff was excellent - very attentive and on top of drinks, water, clearing, etc.Special Features:
- Gogirlhou18VIPDined on 8/21/2014Absolutely perfect, especially our server , Daniel. He was able to offer suggestions that were "right on". We can't wait to return to try some more of the menu!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceAndyDined on 8/18/2014Overall, this is a great restaurant. We had experienced other 4/5 star restaurants before and this is definitely on our top 5 list. We went here for dinner and Houston Restaurant Week. For the main course, we ordered the filet mignon and pork chops. Both were cooked to our taste (medium). For the appetizers, we had the tomato bisque and the corn chowder. Both were made hot and excellent. For dessert, we had the peanut butter toffee and pecan pie. They were excellent as well. The service was great and the staff was very attentive and entertaining. They even gave us a $20 off for the next dine-in if we ever come back. If you have never been here before, I would recommend giving this place a try, at least once.Special Features:
- good findsaintsgrlVIPDined on 8/18/2014great for a girl's night dinner with friends we had a great time!Special Features: