Del Frisco's Grille - Houston
2800 Kirby Dr.
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Del Frisco's Grille - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://delfriscosgrille.com/location/houston/
- Phone: 8326236168x
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
LUNCH - Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
DINNER - Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Taylor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Jones 8326236168x
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - Houston
Del Frisco’s Grille is located in the upbeat River Oaks area of Houston. A bit more casual than Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse, The Grille offers Hand-Cut Steaks, Fresh Seafood, Fire Roasted Flatbreads, Tempting Shareable items and so much more. We offer a wine list that includes over 500 bottle selections with a pairing for every palate. Join us for an unforgettable meal and our signature hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Del Frisco's Grille - Houston - Best Restaurants in River Oaks ›
Del Frisco's Grille - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (102)special occasion (86)hot spot (80)good for groups (80)great for brunch (63)great for lunch (59)fit for foodies (58)great for outdoor dining (46)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (41)late-night find (32)scenic view (17)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Melt in your mouth FiletOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I tried this on a Friday night and really enjoyed it. Great service and lots of interesting choices. The cheesesteak egg rolls were a perfect appetizer. We each tried the Brussels sprout salad and it was yummy. My husband ordered the 8 oz filet with the truffle butter and it was the best steak either of us has had in a long time. I had the shrimp and grits and they were quite good too. We split the choc cake with vanilla bean ice cream - always a fav dessert. The bar was lively but we were happy to enjoy a glass of Malbec at our table. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Sunday burger and beermichelleDined on 9/7/2014We had the burger and beer. It was very good, a bit expensive but great service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great people watchingTexasMomDined on 9/6/2014Nice ambiance, TV's on for college football and service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBaylorlawDined on 9/5/2014Food was very good. The service is awesome. Never left alone. Downside is that this is noisy.Special Features:
- Spectaculus!MegsfindsDined on 9/2/2014Every time I visit Del Friscos-Grille I am always happy I choose this establishment as my place of dining. The brunch is outstanding, dinner is outstanding and lunch is outstanding(trust me Ive been for all three) I will always keep this place as one of my go to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticrunningismyprozacDined on 9/2/2014We started at the bar where we were greeted by a waiter on his first day. He didn't know if the restaurant had a happy hour or I'd there were any specials. He did get us our Hendricks and tonic expediently so that was a plus. We then met up with the other couple joining us for dinner where we were greeted by our waitress. She took care if us. Explained the specials well and answered all of our questions about the menu. Appetizers, entrée's and desserts were all "out of this world". I highly recommend del Frisco's grille on upper kirby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014wasn't impressed with the grits cakes the waiter recommended. Additionally, the portion of the Red fish dish with dirty rice was disappointing. Had to repeat myself a few times with requests to the waiter till I finally just asked whomever passed by. No refill on water during my visit until I was leaving! :/Special Features:
- 4th time backRopespierreVIPDined on 8/30/2014I think that pretty much says it all. If you are willing to go back after two times it has slipped into your personal rotationSpecial Features:
- Second time around...trvlgrl77Dined on 8/30/2014I first visited Del Frisco's Grille last March, around the time it first opened and I thought the food was amazing. This time, I'm not sure what happened. I had barbequed chicken and shrimp as an entrée and I knew from the messy plating that it wasn't going to be great. There was nothing spectacular about the meal and if this was my first experience, I probably would never go back. I tried to drown the chicken in barbeque sauce to somehow make it better than it was, but no such luck. It took a long time for our food to arrive and the manager graciously brought deviled eggs to our table as a concession for the long wait -- but neither me or the other guest eats deviled eggs so we just sat and waited for our subpar food to arrive.Special Features:
- First Timeluv2winedineDined on 8/26/2014This was my first time to wine and dine at Del Frisco's Grille in Houston and I will definitely be back again. The food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Meal with FriendsnvrdulltxVIPDined on 8/26/2014We have been to Del Frisco's Grill a few times and every time it is a great experience. THe service is great and the food is wonderful. My wife had the lamb burger and could not saying how much she enjoyed it. I had the filet medallions and they were cooked perfectly and the sauce was tasty. Nice place to go with friends or just when you want to have a nice dinner with that someone special. THey get crowded so be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:
- Tried for restaurant month.countryguyDined on 8/26/2014Food was good but not superb. Steak had to be sent back twice. Salmon was good, not great. Waitress forgot wine for one guest. Other guest had to ask for tea refill.Special Features:
- I will returnPetwickDined on 8/26/2014I went to this restaurant for Restaurant Weeks in Houston twice. Restaurant week worked for them, charity and me, I will return to eat here and that is not true of all the different places I have sample during these weeks.Special Features:
- Vibrant and Delicious!FoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014Simple foods with a delicious twist and beautiful presentations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good - nothing wrong.ChristieDined on 8/24/2014Good food and service. Too noisy to be an 'intimate' date night. The only reason I would not go back, there are similar places for less $.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW win!KelykelDined on 8/24/2014First time to visit and checked out the HRW special. What a find! Great service, food and ambience. I WILL be back very soon and definitely telling friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night!Out2eatDined on 8/23/2014We always love to dine here! The server Dustin is awesome! We had a lot of help as well from Amanda and Robert! I loved the desserts and they have my favorite wine too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- princess007Dined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant - food was excellent, wait staff and bar staff were equally great. We will frequent this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Food Not GreatrnrdinksDined on 8/22/2014We ordered off the HRW menu - pork chop overcooked and dry...had to SAW through the filet...grits bland...pasta for mac & cheese not cooked in salted water (or enough salt) and was bland with soggy topping. The regular menu looks very interesting with some different offerings, but probably will not go back because of the poor food quality experienced for HRW. The service was outstanding. Our serving staff was excellent - very attentive and on top of drinks, water, clearing, etc.Special Features:
- Gogirlhou18Dined on 8/21/2014Absolutely perfect, especially our server , Daniel. He was able to offer suggestions that were "right on". We can't wait to return to try some more of the menu!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceAndyDined on 8/18/2014Overall, this is a great restaurant. We had experienced other 4/5 star restaurants before and this is definitely on our top 5 list. We went here for dinner and Houston Restaurant Week. For the main course, we ordered the filet mignon and pork chops. Both were cooked to our taste (medium). For the appetizers, we had the tomato bisque and the corn chowder. Both were made hot and excellent. For dessert, we had the peanut butter toffee and pecan pie. They were excellent as well. The service was great and the staff was very attentive and entertaining. They even gave us a $20 off for the next dine-in if we ever come back. If you have never been here before, I would recommend giving this place a try, at least once.Special Features:
- good findsaintsgrlVIPDined on 8/18/2014great for a girl's night dinner with friends we had a great time!Special Features:
- OutstandingbpoolVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was our first time at this restaurant, and we had a great experience. It was a Sunday night, and very crowded, but our waiter did an outstanding job. Want to go back and try the brunch!Special Features:
- GabeDined on 8/17/2014Went for my 63rd birthday and I was impressed with how special I was treated. Service was outstanding, food very tasty, good wine and delicious complimentary birthday dessert (lemon doberge cake which I highly recommend!).Special Features:
- A bit disappointingADR6614Dined on 8/17/2014The real problem was the noise. The restaurant was quite loud, a result of both very loud piped in music and conversations at nearby tables. The food was very good, but not what I would consider great. The carrot cake, however, was superb. There seemed to be some service problems, perhaps the result of a change in shift. There were a lot of servers milling around, but they did not seem to be checking the table as regularly as they should for drink refills, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally OveratedFooDeeDined on 8/17/2014After hearing such great reviews I thought I would try this place out for dinner and I was disappointed. The food wasn't good and the scene wasn't lively at all. It was just hustle and bustle. We were looking for great food, good music and beautiful people.... This wasn't it. Maybe the dinner scene is better and has a differnt vibe.
- FoodFanaticVIPDined on 8/16/2014Came for HRW, will be coming back with girlfriends. The VIP is the drink to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night out!LMCMDined on 8/16/2014Fantastic dining experience and highly recommended. Our food and service were outstanding. Even though it was a busy Saturday night, we were seated right away (we had reservations) and our server saw to our every need. We will be back in the future to celebrate special occasions!Special Features:
- Mixed reviewHonestDaveDined on 8/15/2014The pimento cheese fritters were good, but needed more ranch. The wedge salad was dry and needed more dressing. The flavors were spot on but lack small details. The N.Y. Strip was really tough, I mean jaw workout tough for Med Rare. It is sad that I will never again order a steak from a company who put themselves on the map for steaks. I did not send it back because I felt we were one of those tables asking for extra stuff each coarse. The potential was there for a great meal. The mac and cheese side item was simply amazing. The best mac and cheese ever! My wife's salmon was cooked to perfection, but the Strawberry glaze occupied by the Oscar topping was just weird. Sometimes less is more. The pecan pie was legendary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun girls dinnermaddog713Dined on 8/15/2014very lively atmosphere, made for a fun get together with the girls. took advantage of HRW. Food was great. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Another great visit!Out2eatDined on 8/14/2014We love dining here! The waiter we usually have is great! He was off but our waiter was awesome too! Can't wait to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodFDNTX1994Dined on 8/14/2014I ordered from the Houston Restaurant Week and the selection was awesome!! Corn bisque was seasoned perfectly and the salmon was very good. Carrot cake was better than expected since I was given a huge slice! The VIP martini was delicious!! I will definitely return!!!Special Features:
- Great Service, But need to speed upDean0923Dined on 8/14/2014I like this restaurant more than Del Frisco's Double Eagel. More relax. Great for special occasion. Also in hot spot with vibrant bar scene. The only thing I worry about isspeed. Wait for too long for seat and food even I made reservation. Service is graet!!!!!!Special Features:
- Would not go back!LoveGoodFoodDined on 8/14/2014We booked a table for 4 during Houston Restaurant week. Upon arrival the restaurant was booked, extremely crowded & LOUD! All good signs, except for the noise level. We were quickly taken to our table that looked like it was in a private dining room that the restaurant opened up based on the high level of reservations they had. Once we sat down our drink order was taken & we were given menus. So far so good. We ordered an appetizer, drinks & our main courses. The appetizer, drinks & 1st course were delivered to our table quite promptly. After that we waited patiently, an hour & a half for the main course. Once the main course was delivered our food was COLD & not good. We will never go back. Too many good restaurants in Houston.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Delicious lunch choices on the HRW menu! Service was outstanding despite a full house. Love the cozy bar with great HD TV always tuned to great sports.Special Features:
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Loved the bar scene. Great service. The meatloaf is just amazing. Excellent cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Frisco'sJoleVIPDined on 8/13/2014wait staff very friendly Food was delicious and we had birthday they brought the cake with a candleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston Restaurant WeeksLizzieDined on 8/13/2014What a nice experience. Our waiter was Caesar and he was full of knowledge about the menu. Even gave us a history lesson on the surrounding area! Could not ask for a better experience and the manager, Kiet, made it a point to stop by our table for a chit chat. Will definitely be returning. Oh, and the food was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crs7227Dined on 8/12/2014Husband I went for Restaurant Week/Month. Had a good experience for our first time. Although the Caesar Salad could use more dressing, the filet medallions and carrot cake and pecan pie were awesome. We would go back.
- Great burger - but saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/10/2014Went for the Houston restaurant week -- everything was great, except they didn't serve the lunch menu - which was exactly what we were hoping to get. Only brunch and dinner over the weekend.... fyi.Special Features: