Del Frisco's Grille - Fort Worth
154 E. 3rd St
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Del Frisco's Grille - Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://delfriscosgrille.com/location/fort-worth/
- Phone: (817) 887-9900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - Fort Worth
Del Frisco’s Grille dishes up creative twists on American comfort classics. Modern, inviting, stylish and fun, Del Frisco"s Grille takes the classic bar and grill to new heights, drawing inspiration from bold flavors and market-fresh ingredients. The energetic bar, a destination in itself, creates a buzz throughout the restaurant and sets the stage for an amazing night out. Del Frisco's Grille uses local ingredients alongside new classics that are easy to share with friends: Wood Oven-Baked Flatbreads, Cheesesteak Egg Rolls, and Ahi Tacos. The menu also includes a selection of prime steaks, hearty salads, formidable sandwiches and chef-inspired entrees. Del Frisco’s Grille Fort Worth is the 9th location to open with other restaurants located in Manhattan, Washington DC, Santa Monica, Palm Beach, Dallas, Phoenix, Atlanta and Houston.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Del Frisco's Grille - Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Del Frisco's Grille - Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)great for outdoor dining (113)scenic view (98)fit for foodies (96)hot spot (92)good for groups (71)great for lunch (65)notable wine list (62)romantic (60)great for brunch (52)vibrant bar scene (50)neighborhood gem (41)late-night find (29)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Excellent quality food, less than desirable tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014We are foodies. My husband and I are early 40's and for the past 15 years our favorite "hobby" is eating at different restaurants. Finding those rare gems that are unique but not weird, full of flavor, that inspire us to recreate dishes at home! Del Frisco's Grille was just not what I expected. I ordered the 8oz filet (med. rare), creamed kale, and garlic mashed potatoes. The med. rare was rare, which would be fine but it had no flavor. It was a beautiful cut of meat, seared lightly on all sides, with a hint of salt and pepper. Such a waste of a meat :( The kale was gorgeous and I was excited to see creamed kale, not spinach, but basically it was lightly sautéed kale with some cream dumped on top. It didn't appear to be cooked together to take advantage of the mixing of flavors. The mashed potatoes were fine, they did have lumps and skins, but I am not opposed to a rustic potato. Service was great, the view of Sundance Square and Santa was a hit for my 7 and 9 year old. We have avoided Del Frisco's Double Eagle for years because of the hype, we prefer the places that are good for their food and not their name, but we tried the Grille in a rush to go to Bass Hall. I might consider trying it again because the quality of food was excellent, service was good, and ambiance was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is rarely up to standardSarahpdfwVIPDined on 11/23/2014I've only had one suitable waiter the twenty times I've been to the Del Frisco's Grille in Fort Worth. The hostesses barely acknowledge you and ask you to wait while they do unknown things behind their stand (before even greeting you or asking how many, if there's a reservation, etc). This past time I went, the waiter only came by to take my order and bring me my check. I had my credit card out waiting for 8 minutes before I even got the check. At this point, he was coming for a drink refill (only one), and my plate was empty, but I still had to actually ask for the check. He never smiled even though I did, which made me feel like I should have stayed home. And, then another person brought me my credit card back. I guess that was better than waiting longer for my waiter, but it felt rude since I never saw him throughout my meal. Brunch was wonderful. I've never had a bad meal here. However, I've only found one waiter who should be working here. So disappointing. Why can't they find waitstaff who are attentive and friendly? This is Fort Worth....a usually friendly place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014We went to Del Frisco's grill for a birthday dinner. We had the filet and the veal meatloaf. Both were delicious. Excellent service at the bar and the entire management team was very attentive. You can view the Sundance Sq events from the Resturant including the Christmas treeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a little disappointed with this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Service was good but very slow and I have been there when it is busy, it took 10 minutes to get water, then after that it took a while on the other drinks. Our food was good, the Short Ribs was a little too thick. All in all we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No reason to go backHardtopleaseVIPDined on 11/21/2014I ordered my steak medium and my wife ordered her salmon well done. Both were served rare.
- Overlooks Sundance SquareKKG517Dined on 11/21/2014We were able to sit outside, right next to all the Christmas decorations in Sundance Square before going to Bass Hall. Heaters are available, if needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TokyoTomDined on 11/19/2014Great food, reasonable prices, fantastic location downtown Fort Worth. Kudos. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening with great food and viewsRebeckahtxVIPDined on 11/19/2014Had a great evening with girlfriends for happy hour. We had several appetizers and specialty drinks all with superb service. Flat breads were a highlight. Wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable. It got very noisy as it got busier but not too much for our table conversation. We had a spacious booth at window with a view of the square decorated for the holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Celebration!celebrateDined on 11/15/2014Great! Great! Great! We had a great time. Food was prepared wonderfully. Atmosphere is great. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerDineoutmoreoftenDined on 11/15/2014Tried Del Frisco's for the first with my wife and two friends. The food was great. Steaks and sole were tasty and portions were good. Dessert was decadent...try the coconut pie and warm chocolate cake. The waiter was mostly attentive and was very friendly, but there were some service gaps. To be fair, the dining room was busy so our server was pretty tied up with other customers. Two errors on our dessert orders were fixed quickly. Overall, I would recommend Del Frisco's to anyone. The couple of service gaps were not deal-breakers and we overlooked them quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuffaloDined on 11/14/2014Great food,great atmosphere,good service. Fun place to have a casual dinner or celebrate a special occasion. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2014We enjoyed both the food and service immensely. Food was unique and very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poulsenkwDined on 11/12/2014Reserved a table for a pre-Bass Hall concert dinner. Table was ready when we arrived 1.5 hours before the concert. Everyone understood the timing required for many of their patrons to make the concert start. Service was superb by both the normal wait staff and the sommelier. The food was delightful and as it turned out, the meal was the highlight of the evening. This is now our favorite place for dinner before Bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, BAD serviceeatoutVIPDined on 11/10/2014We've eaten here before and everything was great. On this night, our service was the worst ever. I had to request a server to help us, once one was sent and our drink orders were taken, we hoped for smooth sailing--not to be. Two guys deliverd 4 glasses of wine (after a 5 min. wait), and we had to tell them several times which wine went where, the same thing happened with our meals, only this took 6-8 responses regarding where the 5 meals belonged. We felt like we were imposing on the server's time, rather than feeling welcomed to the restaurant. We enjoy DFG's food, and know that they're capable of better service, but we'll think carefully before returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!kmargaretDined on 11/9/2014Went here with my family to celebrate my birthday the other night. Love the location on the square and the patio seating is fabulous! The food is also very good. We had the rib eye and the filet and I highly recommend them. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/9/2014We come here about once a month and everything is always wonderful. We bring our two little girls, and they love the Chicken Schnitzel, and we always get the steak (shhh we actually think its better prepared that Del Frisco's Double Eagle).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Dinnerturkeydinner2014Dined on 11/8/2014I will be out of town for Thanksgiving, so I planned a family dinner at Del Frisco Grille. I had heard from others that the food was good, so decided to give it a try. I've eaten at Del Frisco's on many occasions, but did not want THAT MUCH food. I loved the serving sizes at the Grille, not overwhelming. My Mom and I split a filet and the shrimp/grits dishes.....OMG, delicious. My only negative comment is that it is loud in there and I see no way to stifle that issue. My Mom is hard of hearing and she could not keep up with the conversations at the table. She loved the food, as did all of us. We want to come back for the Sunday Brunch. Would love for you'll to consider being open on Xmas Day, only a few good places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointed....UsuallynotpickyDined on 11/7/2014I was very excited to try this place. I made reservations for 7:15 and we checked in right on time. We were told there would still be a wait but they would come find us when our table was ready. After 45 minutes we went back to the desk... They said they couldn't find us even though we were standing 10 ft from the front desk. Drinks were great but pricey at $11 a pop. Appetizer was good. Dinner was another story. I ordered the veal meatloaf since I was told that was a popular dish. Ended up sending it back. Nothing on the menu looked great so I just asked for desert. Overall, I was really disappointed. Great place for drinks but don't waste money on the food.Special Features:
- WhoaTooFastLoveDined on 11/5/2014This restaurant was recommended by some fellow colleagues and boy were they right. The waitress suggested we order the Cheesesteak Eggrolls (something none of us would have looked twice at) and she was on point. The pairing of the Sweet & Spicy Chili Sauce along with Honey Mustard is a flavor explosion in your mouth. I also enjoyed the wedge salad and Chipotle Three Cheese Mac (it has potato chips on top!) With all this food we didn't save room for desert so I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Our Date Night...DineoutVIPDined on 10/31/2014We have been very satisfied every time we dine here! Every time is always a wonderful dining out experience! Thanks for being consistent! We highly recommend this restaurant!...;)Special Features:
- Always Good Food & ViewYon57VIPDined on 10/31/2014Congrats to the Grille on Sundance Square Plaza location being open a year! Kitchen is dependable on food quality although we never seem to have the same server twice implying high turnover but servers are always good & knowledgeable. Watch out when ordering bottles from the wine list as vintage year may differ between what you are served & what is listed on the wine list & request manager make price adjustment accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal!sugarbearDined on 10/31/2014Another wonderful meal from Del Frisco Grille! Had the flatbread with carmelized onions & grilled mushrooms. Awesome. Our server Courtney was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014Loved sitting outside in nice weather. Will definitely return to the patio. Our first time at The Grille and have not eaten indoors yet, but will try that too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceCowtownchickVIPDined on 10/29/2014Hopefully Del's Grille was having an off night, but my friends and I did not have a good experience. I made reservations for 5:45 (usually a ghost town at restaurants) and then called to request an outdoor table. When we arrived, we were told there was a 30 minute wait for an outdoor table. We could clearly see 2 or 3 empty tables. The two very young ladies at the front were insistent that we would be happier upstairs even though outdoor dining was supposedly first come first serve. Once seated, We ordered several appetizers, a $100 bottle of wine and then asked if a salad could be split 3 ways. They refused to split the steak salad for us - and then, the steak was very tough and chewy. A $180 dinner, that was an uphill battle.Special Features:
- Steak ruined itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014This place would have got higher ratings from me because the cheesteak egg rolls were amazing wife loved her food and the service was superb but my steak was horrible. I ordered the new York strip and I didn't mind it being 45 dollars if it's worth it. I go to grill on the alley in Dallas once a year for their steak. But this was not worth it at all. It was too red on the inside and burnt on the outside and extremely salty. I only could eat half and left the rest. I didn't want to complain cause the service was great so I just took it as lessoned learned. It was an anniversary dinner and my wife could tell I was not enjoying it. Would not recommendSpecial Features:
- WowV84554Dined on 10/28/2014Had a great meal in a lively, upbeat space with excellent service! Outstanding wine list with excellent choices available in the moderate price range (say $50/bottle) and lots of half-bottle choices as well. Food is excellent, well prepared and presented cleanly. All of the staff - everyone - from front desk to expeditors to waiters to managers - was professional, upbeat and helpful without being intrusive! Great spot on Sundance Square!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gone averageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/27/2014Take an amazing space, with great food and kill it with poor service. When they opened service was as expected to support such a great restaurant, now you have to beg for a drink, and wait staff is far from what it was when it opened. Great food, menu, concept, but service the last two visits is weak at best.Special Features:
- DEL BEFORE BASSBASSHALLFANDined on 10/25/2014THE SERVER WAS RESPONSIVE TO OUR GETTING TO THE CONCERT. FOOD WAS REALLY GOOD AS WELL. SUNDANCE SQUARE IS SO NICE AND DEL FRISCO HAS DESIGNED A WONDERFUL COMPLEMENTARY RESTAURANT.Special Features:
- No flavorjaguerecaDined on 10/24/2014I ordered the seared ahi tuna salad and was very disappointed. It was very bland and lacked overall flavor. This is my third visit to Del Frisco's Grill and the second time I was disappointed. I will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014It was a great experience. I used to go to the Steakhouse, but I like this better because is more affordable and more quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal meatloaf, yes! Guacamole, nah.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The guacamole we ordered as an appetizer was bland. The veal meatloaf, however, was delicious! Will be back for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time heredaytimedinerDined on 10/14/2014I am a "first timer" and I was impressed. From the smiling greeting upon entering to the person who seated us to the server, everyone was warm & friendly. We ordered two meals so we could sample each. The shrimp & grits - fabulous!! The Hatch Burger was very good as were the fries (we had little room for many of those!). We particularly enjoyed the view onto Sundance Square. Our server advised how beautiful it is at Christmas so that gave me an idea for a Christmas gift! Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SosososaturdaynightVIPDined on 10/11/2014Service early on Saturday evening was spotty at best. Waitress seemed unfamiliar with menu and bar fare. Salmon was over cooked from how it was ordered. Restaurant seems to have declined in service and food quality since opening. The open table reservation though was right on time. Valet parking for that location is tediousSpecial Features:
- OverratedworldwideDined on 10/11/2014With reservations, had to wait 15 minutes with several groups who came in after us being seated before us. Our group size was 3. Finally seated, next to the kitchen directly across from the exit door. Food was overpriced, the quality of the steak (12 oz Filet) was average for a top-end restaurant, the preparation was laughable (peppercorn was almost non-existent), the potato cake was insulting. On a $39.00 piece of meat is a real baked potato that hard or the profit margin that small. Would have enjoyed a glass of wine but the only good red's were available by the bottle. The three sauvignon's offered by the glass ($15.00 per glass) were average bottles that would sell for $20.00 at the local wine shop. Will not be a return guest.
- Great FoodfrequenttravelerVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had not been to Ft. Worth or to a Del Frisco's before. Enjoyed both very much. Location is great. Wine selection was good and right on price point. Meal was great. No complaints here :)
- Anniversary DinnerWPC1Dined on 10/10/2014Wonderful location for a scrumptious anniversary dinner. The lemon cake for dessert was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New "Go To" Restaurant!WallyDined on 10/7/2014Good menu selections, great food & EXCELLENT service by Ralex!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slop no good bad service over priceTedandnadiaDined on 10/6/2014This food was junk I have had better food to Denny's this was bad I would not remeconded it to anyone a waste of money
- Nice Place, Nice PricesdllandesVIPDined on 10/4/2014We have dined here before on a few occasions and the food is always consistently good. The chopped ceasar salad was somewhat of a disappointment as far as presentation relative to cost is concerned....$16.50 for some chopped lettuce, a few pieces of chicken, and a couple of croutons. Really sad...but my wife liked the taste, it was just poorly presented, and really not indicative of the value that one would expect at that price. The double cheese hatch burger was spot on, and a very good price point. The brioche bun is a bit too much bread for my taste, but I just removed the top bun and continued forth. The cheese steak eggrolls are a definite hit everytime! Thinking seriously about doing two orders of those for my entree next time out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014We had a coupon plus an Open Table dining cheque, which the staff handled without a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.