Del Frisco's Grille - DC
1201 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Del Frisco's Grille - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delfriscosgrille.com/
- Phone: 2024504686x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am– 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Dinner:Friday 4:00pm - 12:00am, Dinner Saturday: 4:00pm – 12:00am, Dinner Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brent Sick
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - DC
Del Frisco's Grille DC is situated in the heart of the nation’s capital between the US Capitol and the White House on one of America’s most iconic roads – Pennsylvania Avenue. The Grille sits along wide, tree-lined sidewalks that brim with the energy of locals who live and work in the neighborhood as well as visitors from all over the globe. The menu offers a wide variety of selections to savor or share with friends. The expansive patio is the perfect location for alfresco dining and an amazing vantage point to capture the activity of this vibrant area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Frisco's Grille - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (90)great for lunch (87)good for groups (76)special occasion (48)vibrant bar scene (48)fit for foodies (45)hot spot (30)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (17)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (13)great for brunch (10)scenic view (9)Show More
- Don't go hereDcdinerDined on 9/12/2014This is my 2d trip to del friscos. The 1st time I went the service was terrible, both inattentive and impolite. It was almost comical the way the waitress botched each aspect of our service, at the same time not attempting to hide her obvious contempt for our table. Truly terrible. I returned most recently on a Friday night to grab dinner w a friend before going to a show at warner theater. I justified the trip by thinking that the 1st trip was a fluke, perhaps the server was just off her game. So wrong. This time (with a different server) we waited at our table 30 minutes before getting water, drinks or bread. The server was clueless, not once asking about our meal when it finally arrived and never apologizing for faults. Never going back.
- Overall - Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Food was just okay. For starters we had the deviled eggs, lollipop chicken wings, and oysters. Nothing "wowed" us. I had the smoked pork chop with cheese grits, the others in my party had the meatloaf, beef stroganoff, and a steak sandwich. We all said the same thing about the food, "just okay". The sandwich had to be sent back because the meat was cold. The server took care of that promptly and it was returned quickly with fresh fries. Again, nothing really stood out. I had the lemon cake for dessert which the cake part wasn't overly sweet but the icing sure was. Service was great until they seated a group in the private wine room near us. After we were served our entrees we were hard pressed to get any water or drinks thereafter.
- Excellent Service and FoodLawrenceDined on 9/12/2014Love coming here for special occasion lunches! Is slightly more expensive than local eateries but is acceptable for special occasions!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!Food123Dined on 9/11/2014I love it here. The service is impeccable and the food is a always prepared to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for a great biz lunchLudenDined on 9/11/2014Del Friscos always deliver a nice and tasteful experience. One of the best places on Penn Ave for a nice meal and good service.Special Features:
- Used to be better; too badOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014When this place first opened, the french fries were the best in town. Extraordinary. Now they're soggy. Really a shame. Ahi tacos still great. Fried chicken sandwich not so much. Service started great, then grew inattentative. Hard to get tea refills and the bill.Special Features:
- Great Place for Dinner & LunchSteveVIPDined on 9/9/2014This was my second visit to Del Frisco's and, like the first visit, the experience was excellent. The service is attentive without being overbearing. Servers are very courteous and are knowledgeable about the menu. The food is excellent especially the ahi tuna tacos and cheesesteak eggrolls appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good for work lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Good sound level for dining and meeting for work conversation; food was very good as was service. One in our group had to return a dish because it was missing an ingredient; the server brought back quickly and in good order. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014I have eaten at Del Friscos in Philly which is amazing. The Del Friscos grilel is not anywhere near what I expected having eaten at Del Frisco before. I order a signature dish and it was not anything that would bring me back to this resturant.
- Delicious Work LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014If you're looking for a professional lunch restaurant, Del Frisco's Grille works well. They offer a range of food at a reasonable price. My only gripe is that it took a long time to get my water. And when it came, they brought only one water, not water for both people at the table. A minor infraction.Special Features:
- If you go...RichDined on 9/3/2014You must try the Cheesesteak Eggrolls. They were amazing! Everything else was quite delicious. We sat at the bar first before we sat at a table, and both bartenders behind the bar came up and introduced themselves to us. Very friendly staff here and great service. I'd recommend this restaurant to a friend and would go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Salad was wrong, another salad had hair in it. Steak temp was wrong. Service was very slow.
- Great Especially if Going 2 TheatreDrChris000Dined on 8/30/2014We needed to find a place near the National Theatre and we never knew this was there. Great food and wine selection and the service was particularly good. The beautiful bar caught my eye and I could tell it would be great for happy hour.Special Features:
- Nice place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Del Frisco's was a very nice restaurant, my fiance and I went there on a day trip to D.C. We started with the ahi tacos and while tiny they were delicious and came in a rack of 4 so the proportion was perfect for two people. I ordered the crab cake sliders and they were delicious, I could have used 1 more because they were bite sized but tasty none the less. My fiance ordered the filet and it was butter! Butter in terms of perfectly cooked and a great cut of filet. It melted in your mouth and had great flavor for a filet. Price was on par for the quality of food, nothing to write home about, good or bad. We went for an early dinner at 6 so it the place wasn't packed but it seemed like a nice joint and had a nice bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So ExperienceDillonDined on 8/29/2014I decided to take my girlfriend here for a few cocktails and grub before a show at the National Theatre. The inside is very nice and wasnt crowded (6pm on a Friday), however we decided to sit outside. Outside was nicely setup and but had some over zealous misting fans set up. It didnt help that it was slightly windy. We ordered some food and some drinks. I ordered the Lamb Burger with taziki sauce and spinach and some garlic Parmesan fries. The lamb was very bland and could use some seasoning. The fries were also bland, the garlic wasnt fresh and the parmesan lacked very flavor. My girlfriend has the crabcake sliders. Some issue, it was just bland. The food on the menu sounded great but was disappointing. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchWheels2705Dined on 8/28/2014Really enjoyed dining at Del Frisco's Grille. Was getting together with a friend that I hadn't seen in three years -- the servers were very good, taking our orders and keeping our drinks filled without interrupting the meal. This was something considering one of the servers was in training. The fried chicken sandwich wasn't on the menu yet, but we got to order it nonetheless. What a great sandwich; hearty, juicy, and huge. I'm a guy with a big appetite and I left stuffed. Great place, great time.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneylisacVIPDined on 8/27/2014Ruby Tuesday quality at double the price sums up this place. Raw oysters were warm and tasted foul. Menus were ripped. Food runner tried to deliver our dinner entrees for two to the table of three next to us that was still reading their menu. Meatloaf was high on filler and light on meat. Salmon was oversalted and clearly not high quality. $10 dessert was generic cake obviously not prepared on site. Service was sloppy. *Maybe* it would be ok for a burger and a beer, but not for dinner.
- Kale Salad6425LauraDined on 8/27/2014The salad is great! Couldn't find it on menu but should be a staple !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchSweetRedDined on 8/25/2014Great atmosphere the eat lunch or dinner. The convenience of the restaurant is helpful. But I enjoy the excellent service and the server is always knowledgeable on assisting you by answering question about menu selection and the food is cook to perfection.
- Good food, great drinksLB512Dined on 8/21/2014My husband and I stopped in for an earlier dinner while visiting DC. The food was good-we had the Philly cheesesteak eggrolls and a flatbread to start, both were great. I had the signature VIP drink which was awesome. We ordered the burger and chicken wrap for entrees-the chicken wrap was especially good. The only thing that was kind of disappointing was the service. We were early and one of the only tables in the restaurant yet the server was not visible. Also when I ordered a second VIP drink the server immediately took my current drink away even though it was 1/4 full without even asking if I was still enjoying it. The food and atmosphere were really nice so we will try it again sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhill...Luckyme1Dined on 8/19/2014I've been here at least 10 times since they opened. On the last two occasions I've been really disappointed and won't be going back nor will anyone I dined with. It's a shame because it's a block from our office. The menu hasn't changed at all in years and now what's on it isn't even good. Everyone's meal was mediocre and it was SLOW. Our waiter disappeared several times and we had to flag him down. We waited 25 minutes for a piece of pie at the end and finally told him to forget it. I don't know what happened but they need to fix it and fast!Special Features:
- DecentWlbne87VIPDined on 8/19/2014Everything was fine, but it irritated me to have wait for a table after showing up on time. Eventually we were seated at a table 10 feet from the front door that was open the entire time. The friendliness of the host staff is utterly lacking. I get it. The place is busy but the set up and the first impression one has is that you are about to engage in a transaction with the postal service. Fortunately the waitress was pleasant and the food pretty good.
- Service really slow, steaks fair.DisappointedVIPDined on 8/17/2014Not going back. Waitress spilled a glass of water on me. The service was tediously slow and the place wasn't even crowded. The steaks were fair - my wife's was mostly grizzle and mine bland.
- Never been disappointed!TerryPDined on 8/16/2014A great restaurant....with good food and great service........Everyone is friendly and a very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Done Right!HarvesterDined on 8/14/2014Our group of six was pleased to see the Restaurant Week menu contained a pair of selections off the regular menu. This was our first time to Del Frisco's and no one in our group had any complaints except that perhaps the portions were too large (also unusual for Restaurant Week) and we all left a little too full. Before dinner drinks at the bar were excellent as was the service. Our request to sit outside to enjoy the great weather was accommodated and the service by the wait staff paired with good food for dinner could not have been any better. Thanks to the staff and management for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okbb1970Dined on 8/13/2014Went for resturant week. Food was ok. It was cheaper to order ala carte.Special Features:
- Great wine & knowledgable sommelierMickeyDined on 8/12/2014The food and the wine were great! I had the restaurant week menu and all was good. The sommelier selected the wine for us based on a couple of questions she asked us and her pick was perfect! Great atmosphere for couples. My only complaint would be that the service was too fast. (You don't hear that often!) We were trying to have a leisurely dinner and chat for a couple of hours and the waiter came to the table too often - even tried taking away our dessert before we had even touched it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent. The restaurant was a bit noisy. I asked that our party of four be moved to a table farther from the bar, and it was not a problem and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The waiter was also very impressive. He not only knew what food would be good (and it was!), he had a proficient knowledge of the wine list that my friends appreciated. Every time I have gone to Del Frisco's I have not been disappointed. The chef is excellent--the sole and cheesesteak egg rolls were delicious. I especially love the ahi tuna tacos!Special Features:
- DisappointedDCSnackerVIPDined on 8/6/2014We were excited to dine here because we've enjoyed the bar and the appetizers - especially those tiny tuna tartare tacos. BUT, entrees were all very disappointing. Husband's steak was "the worse cut of meat I have EVER been served - ever." Salmon was overcooked. The only saving grace of the evening was that when the manager was alerted to the issues, she kindly took care of things and was sympathetic. Unfortunately, I will not plan to dine here again any time soon. Except maybe for those baby tacos... mmm!
- Always SolidBillDined on 8/6/2014Never disappoints, always a good spot for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Great spot for work lunch!.spalomakiDined on 8/5/2014Good food, a great atmosphere for talking; will definitely return for lunch!Special Features:
- Apps Inspire by Cheesecake Factory?MikeVIPDined on 7/26/2014Cheesesteak eggrolls were clever, but this place should stick to its NY roots. Stick with the steaks.Special Features:
- The food is the real winner.IlyaDined on 7/22/2014By enthusiastic online recommendations we got Ahi Tacos, Cheesesteak eggrolls, Lamb burger, and Steak salad. Every dish was simply outstanding. I will neither confirm, nor deny, having a slight mouthgasm over the eggrolls. Delicious. Come and try these for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kale, Brussel Sprout Salad is good.FineDinerVIPDined on 7/22/2014If you are a raw foodie, this is a great salad. It is not on the menu so be sure to ask for it. They are very accommodating in removing the cheese and putting the dressing on the side.Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch for FriendSuzyCVIPDined on 7/18/2014It was my friend's birthday, and I decided to take her to Del Frisco's. It was the first time for her to eat there. She absolutely loved it! I've been multiple times in the past, and have always liked the food. The GM even stopped by our table and introduced himself. We were extremely pleased with the service and courteous nature of the people we encountered there last week.Special Features:
- Steakhouse salad is to die forFoodieDined on 7/16/2014Our waiter was Enrico from California. He was personable, anticipated our needs and kept things moving at a great pace. Andrew stopped by to welcome us and mention if there was anything that he could do, by all means to let him know. We all had the steakhouse salad cooked medium. The steaks were flavorful and the presentation was beautiful. We dined on the patio with wonderful full umbrellas and water misters overhead. The day was sunny and pleasant. I will definitely return again and again.Special Features:
- Excellent!PickyEaterDined on 7/11/2014Food, service and wine list all outstanding. Was very pleased with our visit- we will definitely revisit when in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BFDBDined on 7/11/2014Went there for a nice dinner before a show downtown, so were there early in the evening. Though it Friday, it wasn't crowded. Service was very good, food was excellent and not too pricey compared to a lot of the restaurants in that part of the city. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- A Good Lunch SpotDiner301Dined on 7/10/2014We arrived for 11:45 lunch reservation and waited for 4 parties before us to be seated--a bit slow. The waiter was very friendly/helpful with the menu. The food was good for lunch--chicken avocado wrap--and my lunch date had a flatbread special. Both were tasty and plenty for lunch. I had wanted something other than frites with my wrap and selection was all fries and a salad. Opted for the salad but wrap contained quite a bit of lettuce so I was a bit overloaded with lettuce. The waiter dropped our check off right after our food was delivered to the table and it was a very long time (at least 30 minutes) before we saw him again. We split the tab which caused the waiter much confusion so the manager had to assist and all was fine.Special Features:
- Special goodCricketsDined on 7/9/2014The fish tacos were great. Would definitely order them again if they're on the menu. The service at Del Frisco's has never been awesome. Waiters never seem happy to be doing what they're doing, and the manager visits to the table are confusing and ill-timed. My water never got refreshed and it was really hard even trying to find someone to flag down. I've been here many times and service has been an issue from the beginning (at opening, there were too many servers tripping over each other and no one knew what they were doing). I will go back, it's convenient and the bar is great.Special Features: