Del Frisco's Grille - DC
1201 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Del Frisco's Grille - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delfriscosgrille.com/
- Phone: 2024504686x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am– 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Dinner:Friday 4:00pm - 12:00am, Dinner Saturday: 4:00pm – 12:00am, Dinner Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brent Sick
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - DC
Del Frisco's Grille DC is situated in the heart of the nation’s capital between the US Capitol and the White House on one of America’s most iconic roads – Pennsylvania Avenue. The Grille sits along wide, tree-lined sidewalks that brim with the energy of locals who live and work in the neighborhood as well as visitors from all over the globe. The menu offers a wide variety of selections to savor or share with friends. The expansive patio is the perfect location for alfresco dining and an amazing vantage point to capture the activity of this vibrant area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Frisco's Grille - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (79)great for lunch (78)great for outdoor dining (76)fit for foodies (51)vibrant bar scene (39)special occasion (37)hot spot (28)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (26)romantic (16)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Sadly disappointedPearlDined on 10/25/2014We were a party of 12 and had two servers. It took a while to order a bottle of wine and the food took a while as well. The two servers were disorganized and didn't keep track of their orders. They didn't check in with us often enough or even after the food and drinks were served.Special Features:
- Great service, food, and ambianceaemirfaDined on 10/24/2014I recently became pescatarian and was unsure the menu would support that, it did! Service was great, as was food! Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique without being weirdDelFriscoDCDined on 10/24/2014Great service, the food was well-chosen and well-prepared. A good selection of some interesting dishes, without being too showy or far afield. nice location on Pennsylvania Ave near attractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seared Tuna Salad....writernow13Dined on 10/22/2014I cannot tell you from first hand experience how good the other dishes are, although my dining mates are always pleased with their choices. I get the seared tuna salad EVERY TIME I go because it is delicious. I could lick the plate. The restaurant is beautifully arranged, but can get crowded with little room between tables at lunch. Sometimes the service is slow because they are so crowded. Dont even try to go without reservations!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/21/2014The best word for Del Frisco's is consistent. I go there because it's convenient. The food is good - not great, not bad. The service usually good. The greeting upon arrival is consistently unwelcoming. If I want a great meal, I wouldn't choose this restaurant.
- Great Lunch BargainNaplesLadyVIPDined on 10/20/2014Del Frisco's is always good for lunch or a light dinner. Now on top of one of the best steak salads in town and other great picks, they are offering a flatbread/salad or soup combo that is not only delicious but also a terrific value.Special Features:
- Terrible food, good serviceVickyDined on 10/13/2014We ordered flatbread, Brussels sprouts and steak sandwich with fries. The flatbread was chewy, not crisp, and greasy. The fries were hard and chewy. The Brussels sprouts were gross. our server warned us that they were cooked in bacon grease and had bacon, but they were just soaking in grease and the bacon pieces in it were large and fatty, not crisp. They were gross. Overall simply terrible food. Expected so much more from a "fine dining" type restaurant on Penn. Ave. Disappointed and kind of spoiled our big night. The staff was very courteous and good though.
- Nice food and spaceFit4foodiesVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were there once before and enjoyed it so we took a group of friends.....the food was as good as we remembered it to be however the service was unacceptable!! The restaurant wasn't particularly crowded that night so there was really no excuse! The service was slow and the waiters, while nice, were certainly not on top of their game....mistakes were made in the orders,etc.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/7/2014Food was just ok -- even the salad had problems. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Gluten free errorGfdiner45VIPDined on 10/7/2014I ordered a gluten-free meal, and they brought me a regular meal. They notified me after I had already begun eating the meal. They brought me the colorectal meal and did not charge me for it, which was kind, but this still was a big problem.
- Not impressedSteakeater1Dined on 10/5/2014First of all the place was not the main del frescos it was a cheap wanna be substitute for the real thing. The menu was short & for a steak eater I would rather pay the extra money & go 2 Ruth Chris's or Morton's this location is like a uppity ruby Tuesdays or Friday's may be next time I'll try the double eagle del Frisco 😞😞😞Special Features:
- RushedDisappointedVIPDined on 10/3/2014If you want to feel rushed this place is for you. The food was great but we had our server or busboy at our table almost every 10 minutes either asking us what else we wanted or if they could clear plates- I literally had half a plate and was cutting my meal when asked if the plates could be cleared. Our server also brought the check before we were ready- we still hadn't done dessert or ordered two more drinks. If you only have 20 mins to dine, you'll like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, otherwise fineaaa1VIPDined on 9/30/2014Outdoor seating was great, food was good, service was poor. Even though we asked for wine to be served with diner we were more than half way before waiter brought wrong bottle of wine out, We were almost done by the time he got bad. Waiter disappeared for long periods of time. Poor service in downtown DC? Needs much to improve at Del Frisco's
- foodmeVIPDined on 9/29/2014Cheesesteak egg rolls were a little overcooked this time, but the burger was good. A little pricey for what we ordered, but we knew what we were getting into.
- Quick ServiceBillVIPDined on 9/26/2014We arrived and we were seated immediately. The service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch DatecesgDined on 9/26/2014I was in DC to visit my sister-in-law and chose this place because it's walking distance to her work. It was a gorgeous day so we sat outside. Good thing we had reservations as there was a wait for those who did not. We were seated right away. Servers were friendly and attentive. The Ahi Tacos were a generous portion-enough for 2 and delicious. We split the lamb burger and crab sliders, also very tasty. The little ketchup bottles are so cute. For dessert we had the coconut cream pie- it was superb! The white sangria was one of the best I've ever had. Will definitely come back the next time I'm in DC.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Great meal, but we sat next to a party of 12 woman who were quite load and whom we had to talk over.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Good was good although not outstanding. Rolls didn't arrive until asked for and then we weren't told then were baked to order so they came after we finished our entree. Service was slow although our server was friendly- it just looked like he had too many tables to handle. Overall, I'd give our luncheon experience there a C+/B-. I've been there before and the service was very good and the food quality was outstanding when the restaurant wasn't as busy.Special Features:
- Great LunchCharVIPDined on 9/23/2014We had a good time, the food was great and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- Food was terribleCamboDined on 9/19/2014I have eaten at several other del friscos around the country and my meal here was absolutely terrible. I ordered a 16oz ribeye and when it was served I could barely cut it with the steak knife provided. The manager came over to apologize and after checking with the kitchen told me all the rest were the same and offered a filet which I agreed to. It was as tough as the ribeye if not more so.
- Great LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014Location is nice the wine list is great but food is a bit bland.Special Features:
- Poor Customer ServiceBadServiceDined on 9/17/2014I had a business dinner on 9/17 and ordered a Erath 2011 Pinot Noir but they brought me a 2012. I tasted it and did not like it and the waiter and manager actually argued that the vintage made no difference. I ordered a different bottle and the manager herself served it and apologized a little too late. The reason for my dissatisfaction was very poor customer service: we were made to wait by the by the waiter and the manager and they actually made me feel as if I was wrong. Quite frankly, I will not eat there again and I will not recommend this restaurant.
- Great meal.DrChefDined on 9/16/2014My lunch was fabulous. Great food at a tremendous price. I'm looking forward to returning for dinner and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeD39dma4Dined on 9/13/2014Good food. Nice ambience. Delicious cocktails. A good find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go hereDcdinerDined on 9/12/2014This is my 2d trip to del friscos. The 1st time I went the service was terrible, both inattentive and impolite. It was almost comical the way the waitress botched each aspect of our service, at the same time not attempting to hide her obvious contempt for our table. Truly terrible. I returned most recently on a Friday night to grab dinner w a friend before going to a show at warner theater. I justified the trip by thinking that the 1st trip was a fluke, perhaps the server was just off her game. So wrong. This time (with a different server) we waited at our table 30 minutes before getting water, drinks or bread. The server was clueless, not once asking about our meal when it finally arrived and never apologizing for faults. Never going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Overall atmosphere was great and food was delicious. Only we waited our drink at least 30 minutes (a bottle wine) and retrieved our after dinner drinks/coctails from bar ourselves after waiting 20 plus minutes.Special Features:
- Overall - Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Food was just okay. For starters we had the deviled eggs, lollipop chicken wings, and oysters. Nothing "wowed" us. I had the smoked pork chop with cheese grits, the others in my party had the meatloaf, beef stroganoff, and a steak sandwich. We all said the same thing about the food, "just okay". The sandwich had to be sent back because the meat was cold. The server took care of that promptly and it was returned quickly with fresh fries. Again, nothing really stood out. I had the lemon cake for dessert which the cake part wasn't overly sweet but the icing sure was. Service was great until they seated a group in the private wine room near us. After we were served our entrees we were hard pressed to get any water or drinks thereafter.
- Excellent Service and FoodLawrenceDined on 9/12/2014Love coming here for special occasion lunches! Is slightly more expensive than local eateries but is acceptable for special occasions!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!Food123Dined on 9/11/2014I love it here. The service is impeccable and the food is a always prepared to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for a great biz lunchLudenDined on 9/11/2014Del Friscos always deliver a nice and tasteful experience. One of the best places on Penn Ave for a nice meal and good service.Special Features:
- Used to be better; too badOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014When this place first opened, the french fries were the best in town. Extraordinary. Now they're soggy. Really a shame. Ahi tacos still great. Fried chicken sandwich not so much. Service started great, then grew inattentative. Hard to get tea refills and the bill.Special Features:
- Great Place for Dinner & LunchSteveVIPDined on 9/9/2014This was my second visit to Del Frisco's and, like the first visit, the experience was excellent. The service is attentive without being overbearing. Servers are very courteous and are knowledgeable about the menu. The food is excellent especially the ahi tuna tacos and cheesesteak eggrolls appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good for work lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Good sound level for dining and meeting for work conversation; food was very good as was service. One in our group had to return a dish because it was missing an ingredient; the server brought back quickly and in good order. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014I have eaten at Del Friscos in Philly which is amazing. The Del Friscos grilel is not anywhere near what I expected having eaten at Del Frisco before. I order a signature dish and it was not anything that would bring me back to this resturant.
- Delicious Work LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014If you're looking for a professional lunch restaurant, Del Frisco's Grille works well. They offer a range of food at a reasonable price. My only gripe is that it took a long time to get my water. And when it came, they brought only one water, not water for both people at the table. A minor infraction.Special Features:
- If you go...RichDined on 9/3/2014You must try the Cheesesteak Eggrolls. They were amazing! Everything else was quite delicious. We sat at the bar first before we sat at a table, and both bartenders behind the bar came up and introduced themselves to us. Very friendly staff here and great service. I'd recommend this restaurant to a friend and would go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Salad was wrong, another salad had hair in it. Steak temp was wrong. Service was very slow.
- Great Especially if Going 2 TheatreDrChris000VIPDined on 8/30/2014We needed to find a place near the National Theatre and we never knew this was there. Great food and wine selection and the service was particularly good. The beautiful bar caught my eye and I could tell it would be great for happy hour.Special Features:
- Nice place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Del Frisco's was a very nice restaurant, my fiance and I went there on a day trip to D.C. We started with the ahi tacos and while tiny they were delicious and came in a rack of 4 so the proportion was perfect for two people. I ordered the crab cake sliders and they were delicious, I could have used 1 more because they were bite sized but tasty none the less. My fiance ordered the filet and it was butter! Butter in terms of perfectly cooked and a great cut of filet. It melted in your mouth and had great flavor for a filet. Price was on par for the quality of food, nothing to write home about, good or bad. We went for an early dinner at 6 so it the place wasn't packed but it seemed like a nice joint and had a nice bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So ExperienceDillonDined on 8/29/2014I decided to take my girlfriend here for a few cocktails and grub before a show at the National Theatre. The inside is very nice and wasnt crowded (6pm on a Friday), however we decided to sit outside. Outside was nicely setup and but had some over zealous misting fans set up. It didnt help that it was slightly windy. We ordered some food and some drinks. I ordered the Lamb Burger with taziki sauce and spinach and some garlic Parmesan fries. The lamb was very bland and could use some seasoning. The fries were also bland, the garlic wasnt fresh and the parmesan lacked very flavor. My girlfriend has the crabcake sliders. Some issue, it was just bland. The food on the menu sounded great but was disappointing. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.