Del Frisco's Grille - DC
1201 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Del Frisco's Grille - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delfriscosgrille.com/
- Phone: (202) 450-4686
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am– 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Dinner:Friday 4:00pm - 12:00am, Dinner Saturday: 4:00pm – 12:00am, Dinner Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brent Sick
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - DC
Del Frisco's Grille DC is situated in the heart of the nation’s capital between the US Capitol and the White House on one of America’s most iconic roads – Pennsylvania Avenue. The Grille sits along wide, tree-lined sidewalks that brim with the energy of locals who live and work in the neighborhood as well as visitors from all over the globe. The menu offers a wide variety of selections to savor or share with friends. The expansive patio is the perfect location for alfresco dining and an amazing vantage point to capture the activity of this vibrant area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Frisco's Grille - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (80)good for groups (75)great for outdoor dining (62)fit for foodies (51)vibrant bar scene (36)special occasion (35)notable wine list (27)hot spot (26)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (15)scenic view (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- First Time Visit--A Quick Bite Before a PlayRWT1Dined on 11/22/2014Was looking for a good, no fuss meal that would allow us to make our curtain on time. Didn't go looking for Del Frisco's but we are certainly happy we found it. Our experience was from the sandwich side of the menu (quite reasonably priced given the location on Pennysylvania Avenue a short walk from the Penn Quarter). The 2-patty cheeseburger was excellent (bring an appetitie) and my wife's steak sandwich was also quite good. But as good as the food was, the service was even better. Two really friendly servers seemed to tag team on taking care of us (both were fantastic) and the mid-meal visit from the restaurant manager made just to be sure we were happy was a nice touch. Decor is nice and we found the noise level to be just enough to provide a pleasant energy wiithout the need to shout over other diners. On my list for a return visit--maybe this time to sample something from the entree side of the menu. $10 valet parking was also a nice touch. A nice addition to ever growing list of really nice places in the District.Special Features:
- Good food and great service!SophieDDined on 11/21/2014One of my favorite spots in DC. Ideally located, wonderful service, and good food. The chocolate cake was absolutely delicious. Staff is very well-aware of gluten free options. You can get all the sandwiches and burgers in salad wrap instead of bread. Fries are pretty good. Cocktails are delicious!! I recommend the red sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2014I had the chicken Alfredo good pasta and chicken. The food is season well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits and missesThaquam200Dined on 11/14/2014This place has its ups and downs. Nice decor. Food came at a nice speed. Egg Rolls were good. Caesar salad was not good. Drinks a little light on the liquor. Waitress was very kind.
- Pre-theaterJeffVIPDined on 11/9/2014Had tickets for a show and noted that on the reservation. At least 3 staff mentioned it. Many places pay no attention. Very quick service. Extensive, well-assembled wine list (albiet at restaurant prices). Found a hidden best-value (though not telling here).Special Features:
- slow kitchen, indifferent servicemeateaterVIPDined on 11/8/2014Our peppy waitstaffer's chatter did not make up for the very slow kitchen or the truly indifferent service. No bread appeared until after we'd eaten our entrees, which arrived more than an hour after we sat down for dinner. Slow water refills, the waitstaff disappeared for many minutes at a time, several times during the meal. The food was good but nothing special, and given that the prices were already high, I'd rather pay a few dollars more to one of the other steakhouses within a couple of blocks of this place that run a much more professional dining room. Wine selection was great, the one standout at this otherwise mediocre place.Special Features:
- Disappointmentlucas67VIPDined on 11/8/2014I went to Del Frisco's with a group of friends this past weekend after having dined there before and having a good experience. How does a place run out of draft beers on a Saturday night in DC? That set the stage for the remainder of the evening. Our group ordered a burger, chicken sandwich, the steak sandwich and 2 NY strips. The sandwiches and burgers were good and the steaks were good but the sides that came with left a lot to be desired. The potato cakes were cold and mushy and the fries were mushy as well. With all the places to eat around the city it will be hard to go back to Del Frisco's.Special Features:
- Excellent as UsualjmbrinkDined on 11/7/2014Our group of five had came to Del Frisco's Grille for a break during l long working day. Two of our group were not English speakers. The staff was efficient, friendly and accommodating, finding a table in a quieter area that we needed. I say quieter but not quiet, as the noise level Del Frisco's Grille is high, especially if you're near one of the music speakers. The food was as usual excellent. All five of us were well satisfied. Our guests were well taken care of by the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NemoDined on 11/6/2014I had always eaten at this restaurant outdoors on prior visits. This was dinner on a cold, rainy night. I would never eat there again inside. "Noisy" hardly does justice to this place. It is hard to remember whether the food was any good because it was so loud. I met someone for a drink at the bar before dinner -- a disaster. There was a HUGE crowd stuffed into a space that was too small.
- ReliableMSESQDined on 11/6/2014As always excellent food and service. Del Frisco has been a go to place for a pleasant business lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014They did not have the open table reservation but there was room for us anyway. That's the first time that happened so thought I hadn't hit all of the right buttons, but now that you are sending me this follow up, I'm confused as to what happened. It all worked out and the lunch was very good.
- Sadly disappointedPearlDined on 10/25/2014We were a party of 12 and had two servers. It took a while to order a bottle of wine and the food took a while as well. The two servers were disorganized and didn't keep track of their orders. They didn't check in with us often enough or even after the food and drinks were served.Special Features:
- Great service, food, and ambianceaemirfaVIPDined on 10/24/2014I recently became pescatarian and was unsure the menu would support that, it did! Service was great, as was food! Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique without being weirdDelFriscoDCDined on 10/24/2014Great service, the food was well-chosen and well-prepared. A good selection of some interesting dishes, without being too showy or far afield. nice location on Pennsylvania Ave near attractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/24/2014Food is always good. Although they did recently take off the grilled cheese and tomato soup which I'm missing, their flatbreads and soup are a great deal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seared Tuna Salad....writernow13Dined on 10/22/2014I cannot tell you from first hand experience how good the other dishes are, although my dining mates are always pleased with their choices. I get the seared tuna salad EVERY TIME I go because it is delicious. I could lick the plate. The restaurant is beautifully arranged, but can get crowded with little room between tables at lunch. Sometimes the service is slow because they are so crowded. Dont even try to go without reservations!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/21/2014The best word for Del Frisco's is consistent. I go there because it's convenient. The food is good - not great, not bad. The service usually good. The greeting upon arrival is consistently unwelcoming. If I want a great meal, I wouldn't choose this restaurant.
- Great Lunch BargainNaplesLadyVIPDined on 10/20/2014Del Frisco's is always good for lunch or a light dinner. Now on top of one of the best steak salads in town and other great picks, they are offering a flatbread/salad or soup combo that is not only delicious but also a terrific value.Special Features:
- Terrible food, good serviceVickyDined on 10/13/2014We ordered flatbread, Brussels sprouts and steak sandwich with fries. The flatbread was chewy, not crisp, and greasy. The fries were hard and chewy. The Brussels sprouts were gross. our server warned us that they were cooked in bacon grease and had bacon, but they were just soaking in grease and the bacon pieces in it were large and fatty, not crisp. They were gross. Overall simply terrible food. Expected so much more from a "fine dining" type restaurant on Penn. Ave. Disappointed and kind of spoiled our big night. The staff was very courteous and good though.
- Nice food and spaceFit4foodiesVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were there once before and enjoyed it so we took a group of friends.....the food was as good as we remembered it to be however the service was unacceptable!! The restaurant wasn't particularly crowded that night so there was really no excuse! The service was slow and the waiters, while nice, were certainly not on top of their game....mistakes were made in the orders,etc.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/7/2014Food was just ok -- even the salad had problems. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Gluten free errorGfdiner45VIPDined on 10/7/2014I ordered a gluten-free meal, and they brought me a regular meal. They notified me after I had already begun eating the meal. They brought me the colorectal meal and did not charge me for it, which was kind, but this still was a big problem.
- Not impressedSteakeater1Dined on 10/5/2014First of all the place was not the main del frescos it was a cheap wanna be substitute for the real thing. The menu was short & for a steak eater I would rather pay the extra money & go 2 Ruth Chris's or Morton's this location is like a uppity ruby Tuesdays or Friday's may be next time I'll try the double eagle del Frisco 😞😞😞Special Features:
- RushedDisappointedVIPDined on 10/3/2014If you want to feel rushed this place is for you. The food was great but we had our server or busboy at our table almost every 10 minutes either asking us what else we wanted or if they could clear plates- I literally had half a plate and was cutting my meal when asked if the plates could be cleared. Our server also brought the check before we were ready- we still hadn't done dessert or ordered two more drinks. If you only have 20 mins to dine, you'll like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, otherwise fineaaa1VIPDined on 9/30/2014Outdoor seating was great, food was good, service was poor. Even though we asked for wine to be served with diner we were more than half way before waiter brought wrong bottle of wine out, We were almost done by the time he got bad. Waiter disappeared for long periods of time. Poor service in downtown DC? Needs much to improve at Del Frisco's
- foodmeVIPDined on 9/29/2014Cheesesteak egg rolls were a little overcooked this time, but the burger was good. A little pricey for what we ordered, but we knew what we were getting into.
- Quick ServiceBillVIPDined on 9/26/2014We arrived and we were seated immediately. The service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch DatecesgVIPDined on 9/26/2014I was in DC to visit my sister-in-law and chose this place because it's walking distance to her work. It was a gorgeous day so we sat outside. Good thing we had reservations as there was a wait for those who did not. We were seated right away. Servers were friendly and attentive. The Ahi Tacos were a generous portion-enough for 2 and delicious. We split the lamb burger and crab sliders, also very tasty. The little ketchup bottles are so cute. For dessert we had the coconut cream pie- it was superb! The white sangria was one of the best I've ever had. Will definitely come back the next time I'm in DC.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Great meal, but we sat next to a party of 12 woman who were quite load and whom we had to talk over.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Good was good although not outstanding. Rolls didn't arrive until asked for and then we weren't told then were baked to order so they came after we finished our entree. Service was slow although our server was friendly- it just looked like he had too many tables to handle. Overall, I'd give our luncheon experience there a C+/B-. I've been there before and the service was very good and the food quality was outstanding when the restaurant wasn't as busy.Special Features:
- Great LunchCharVIPDined on 9/23/2014We had a good time, the food was great and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- Food was terribleCamboDined on 9/19/2014I have eaten at several other del friscos around the country and my meal here was absolutely terrible. I ordered a 16oz ribeye and when it was served I could barely cut it with the steak knife provided. The manager came over to apologize and after checking with the kitchen told me all the rest were the same and offered a filet which I agreed to. It was as tough as the ribeye if not more so.
- Great LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014Location is nice the wine list is great but food is a bit bland.Special Features:
- Poor Customer ServiceBadServiceDined on 9/17/2014I had a business dinner on 9/17 and ordered a Erath 2011 Pinot Noir but they brought me a 2012. I tasted it and did not like it and the waiter and manager actually argued that the vintage made no difference. I ordered a different bottle and the manager herself served it and apologized a little too late. The reason for my dissatisfaction was very poor customer service: we were made to wait by the by the waiter and the manager and they actually made me feel as if I was wrong. Quite frankly, I will not eat there again and I will not recommend this restaurant.
- Great meal.DrChefDined on 9/16/2014My lunch was fabulous. Great food at a tremendous price. I'm looking forward to returning for dinner and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeD39dma4Dined on 9/13/2014Good food. Nice ambience. Delicious cocktails. A good find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go hereDcdinerDined on 9/12/2014This is my 2d trip to del friscos. The 1st time I went the service was terrible, both inattentive and impolite. It was almost comical the way the waitress botched each aspect of our service, at the same time not attempting to hide her obvious contempt for our table. Truly terrible. I returned most recently on a Friday night to grab dinner w a friend before going to a show at warner theater. I justified the trip by thinking that the 1st trip was a fluke, perhaps the server was just off her game. So wrong. This time (with a different server) we waited at our table 30 minutes before getting water, drinks or bread. The server was clueless, not once asking about our meal when it finally arrived and never apologizing for faults. Never going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Overall atmosphere was great and food was delicious. Only we waited our drink at least 30 minutes (a bottle wine) and retrieved our after dinner drinks/coctails from bar ourselves after waiting 20 plus minutes.Special Features:
- Overall - Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Food was just okay. For starters we had the deviled eggs, lollipop chicken wings, and oysters. Nothing "wowed" us. I had the smoked pork chop with cheese grits, the others in my party had the meatloaf, beef stroganoff, and a steak sandwich. We all said the same thing about the food, "just okay". The sandwich had to be sent back because the meat was cold. The server took care of that promptly and it was returned quickly with fresh fries. Again, nothing really stood out. I had the lemon cake for dessert which the cake part wasn't overly sweet but the icing sure was. Service was great until they seated a group in the private wine room near us. After we were served our entrees we were hard pressed to get any water or drinks thereafter.
- Excellent Service and FoodLawrenceDined on 9/12/2014Love coming here for special occasion lunches! Is slightly more expensive than local eateries but is acceptable for special occasions!Special Features: