Del Frisco's Grille - DC
1201 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Del Frisco's Grille - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delfriscosgrille.com/
- Phone: 2024504686x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am– 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Dinner:Friday 4:00pm - 12:00am, Dinner Saturday: 4:00pm – 12:00am, Dinner Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brent Sick
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - DC
Del Frisco's Grille DC is situated in the heart of the nation’s capital between the US Capitol and the White House on one of America’s most iconic roads – Pennsylvania Avenue. The Grille sits along wide, tree-lined sidewalks that brim with the energy of locals who live and work in the neighborhood as well as visitors from all over the globe. The menu offers a wide variety of selections to savor or share with friends. The expansive patio is the perfect location for alfresco dining and an amazing vantage point to capture the activity of this vibrant area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Frisco's Grille - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (94)great for lunch (84)good for groups (80)vibrant bar scene (50)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (46)hot spot (33)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (28)romantic (19)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (12)scenic view (12)great for brunch (8)Show More
- foodmeVIPDined on 9/29/2014Cheesesteak egg rolls were a little overcooked this time, but the burger was good. A little pricey for what we ordered, but we knew what we were getting into.
- Quick ServiceBillVIPDined on 9/26/2014We arrived and we were seated immediately. The service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch DatecesgDined on 9/26/2014I was in DC to visit my sister-in-law and chose this place because it's walking distance to her work. It was a gorgeous day so we sat outside. Good thing we had reservations as there was a wait for those who did not. We were seated right away. Servers were friendly and attentive. The Ahi Tacos were a generous portion-enough for 2 and delicious. We split the lamb burger and crab sliders, also very tasty. The little ketchup bottles are so cute. For dessert we had the coconut cream pie- it was superb! The white sangria was one of the best I've ever had. Will definitely come back the next time I'm in DC.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Great meal, but we sat next to a party of 12 woman who were quite load and whom we had to talk over.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Good was good although not outstanding. Rolls didn't arrive until asked for and then we weren't told then were baked to order so they came after we finished our entree. Service was slow although our server was friendly- it just looked like he had too many tables to handle. Overall, I'd give our luncheon experience there a C+/B-. I've been there before and the service was very good and the food quality was outstanding when the restaurant wasn't as busy.Special Features:
- Great LunchCharVIPDined on 9/23/2014We had a good time, the food was great and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- Food was terribleCamboDined on 9/19/2014I have eaten at several other del friscos around the country and my meal here was absolutely terrible. I ordered a 16oz ribeye and when it was served I could barely cut it with the steak knife provided. The manager came over to apologize and after checking with the kitchen told me all the rest were the same and offered a filet which I agreed to. It was as tough as the ribeye if not more so.
- Great LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014Location is nice the wine list is great but food is a bit bland.Special Features:
- Poor Customer ServiceBadServiceDined on 9/17/2014I had a business dinner on 9/17 and ordered a Erath 2011 Pinot Noir but they brought me a 2012. I tasted it and did not like it and the waiter and manager actually argued that the vintage made no difference. I ordered a different bottle and the manager herself served it and apologized a little too late. The reason for my dissatisfaction was very poor customer service: we were made to wait by the by the waiter and the manager and they actually made me feel as if I was wrong. Quite frankly, I will not eat there again and I will not recommend this restaurant.
- Great meal.DrChefDined on 9/16/2014My lunch was fabulous. Great food at a tremendous price. I'm looking forward to returning for dinner and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeD39dma4Dined on 9/13/2014Good food. Nice ambience. Delicious cocktails. A good find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go hereDcdinerDined on 9/12/2014This is my 2d trip to del friscos. The 1st time I went the service was terrible, both inattentive and impolite. It was almost comical the way the waitress botched each aspect of our service, at the same time not attempting to hide her obvious contempt for our table. Truly terrible. I returned most recently on a Friday night to grab dinner w a friend before going to a show at warner theater. I justified the trip by thinking that the 1st trip was a fluke, perhaps the server was just off her game. So wrong. This time (with a different server) we waited at our table 30 minutes before getting water, drinks or bread. The server was clueless, not once asking about our meal when it finally arrived and never apologizing for faults. Never going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Overall atmosphere was great and food was delicious. Only we waited our drink at least 30 minutes (a bottle wine) and retrieved our after dinner drinks/coctails from bar ourselves after waiting 20 plus minutes.Special Features:
- Overall - Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Food was just okay. For starters we had the deviled eggs, lollipop chicken wings, and oysters. Nothing "wowed" us. I had the smoked pork chop with cheese grits, the others in my party had the meatloaf, beef stroganoff, and a steak sandwich. We all said the same thing about the food, "just okay". The sandwich had to be sent back because the meat was cold. The server took care of that promptly and it was returned quickly with fresh fries. Again, nothing really stood out. I had the lemon cake for dessert which the cake part wasn't overly sweet but the icing sure was. Service was great until they seated a group in the private wine room near us. After we were served our entrees we were hard pressed to get any water or drinks thereafter.
- Excellent Service and FoodLawrenceDined on 9/12/2014Love coming here for special occasion lunches! Is slightly more expensive than local eateries but is acceptable for special occasions!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!Food123Dined on 9/11/2014I love it here. The service is impeccable and the food is a always prepared to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for a great biz lunchLudenDined on 9/11/2014Del Friscos always deliver a nice and tasteful experience. One of the best places on Penn Ave for a nice meal and good service.Special Features:
- Used to be better; too badOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014When this place first opened, the french fries were the best in town. Extraordinary. Now they're soggy. Really a shame. Ahi tacos still great. Fried chicken sandwich not so much. Service started great, then grew inattentative. Hard to get tea refills and the bill.Special Features:
- Great Place for Dinner & LunchSteveVIPDined on 9/9/2014This was my second visit to Del Frisco's and, like the first visit, the experience was excellent. The service is attentive without being overbearing. Servers are very courteous and are knowledgeable about the menu. The food is excellent especially the ahi tuna tacos and cheesesteak eggrolls appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good for work lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Good sound level for dining and meeting for work conversation; food was very good as was service. One in our group had to return a dish because it was missing an ingredient; the server brought back quickly and in good order. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014I have eaten at Del Friscos in Philly which is amazing. The Del Friscos grilel is not anywhere near what I expected having eaten at Del Frisco before. I order a signature dish and it was not anything that would bring me back to this resturant.
- Delicious Work LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014If you're looking for a professional lunch restaurant, Del Frisco's Grille works well. They offer a range of food at a reasonable price. My only gripe is that it took a long time to get my water. And when it came, they brought only one water, not water for both people at the table. A minor infraction.Special Features:
- If you go...RichDined on 9/3/2014You must try the Cheesesteak Eggrolls. They were amazing! Everything else was quite delicious. We sat at the bar first before we sat at a table, and both bartenders behind the bar came up and introduced themselves to us. Very friendly staff here and great service. I'd recommend this restaurant to a friend and would go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Salad was wrong, another salad had hair in it. Steak temp was wrong. Service was very slow.
- Great Especially if Going 2 TheatreDrChris000Dined on 8/30/2014We needed to find a place near the National Theatre and we never knew this was there. Great food and wine selection and the service was particularly good. The beautiful bar caught my eye and I could tell it would be great for happy hour.Special Features:
- Nice place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Del Frisco's was a very nice restaurant, my fiance and I went there on a day trip to D.C. We started with the ahi tacos and while tiny they were delicious and came in a rack of 4 so the proportion was perfect for two people. I ordered the crab cake sliders and they were delicious, I could have used 1 more because they were bite sized but tasty none the less. My fiance ordered the filet and it was butter! Butter in terms of perfectly cooked and a great cut of filet. It melted in your mouth and had great flavor for a filet. Price was on par for the quality of food, nothing to write home about, good or bad. We went for an early dinner at 6 so it the place wasn't packed but it seemed like a nice joint and had a nice bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So ExperienceDillonDined on 8/29/2014I decided to take my girlfriend here for a few cocktails and grub before a show at the National Theatre. The inside is very nice and wasnt crowded (6pm on a Friday), however we decided to sit outside. Outside was nicely setup and but had some over zealous misting fans set up. It didnt help that it was slightly windy. We ordered some food and some drinks. I ordered the Lamb Burger with taziki sauce and spinach and some garlic Parmesan fries. The lamb was very bland and could use some seasoning. The fries were also bland, the garlic wasnt fresh and the parmesan lacked very flavor. My girlfriend has the crabcake sliders. Some issue, it was just bland. The food on the menu sounded great but was disappointing. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchWheels2705Dined on 8/28/2014Really enjoyed dining at Del Frisco's Grille. Was getting together with a friend that I hadn't seen in three years -- the servers were very good, taking our orders and keeping our drinks filled without interrupting the meal. This was something considering one of the servers was in training. The fried chicken sandwich wasn't on the menu yet, but we got to order it nonetheless. What a great sandwich; hearty, juicy, and huge. I'm a guy with a big appetite and I left stuffed. Great place, great time.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneylisacVIPDined on 8/27/2014Ruby Tuesday quality at double the price sums up this place. Raw oysters were warm and tasted foul. Menus were ripped. Food runner tried to deliver our dinner entrees for two to the table of three next to us that was still reading their menu. Meatloaf was high on filler and light on meat. Salmon was oversalted and clearly not high quality. $10 dessert was generic cake obviously not prepared on site. Service was sloppy. *Maybe* it would be ok for a burger and a beer, but not for dinner.
- Kale Salad6425LauraDined on 8/27/2014The salad is great! Couldn't find it on menu but should be a staple !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchSweetRedDined on 8/25/2014Great atmosphere the eat lunch or dinner. The convenience of the restaurant is helpful. But I enjoy the excellent service and the server is always knowledgeable on assisting you by answering question about menu selection and the food is cook to perfection.
- Good food, great drinksLB512Dined on 8/21/2014My husband and I stopped in for an earlier dinner while visiting DC. The food was good-we had the Philly cheesesteak eggrolls and a flatbread to start, both were great. I had the signature VIP drink which was awesome. We ordered the burger and chicken wrap for entrees-the chicken wrap was especially good. The only thing that was kind of disappointing was the service. We were early and one of the only tables in the restaurant yet the server was not visible. Also when I ordered a second VIP drink the server immediately took my current drink away even though it was 1/4 full without even asking if I was still enjoying it. The food and atmosphere were really nice so we will try it again sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhill...Luckyme1Dined on 8/19/2014I've been here at least 10 times since they opened. On the last two occasions I've been really disappointed and won't be going back nor will anyone I dined with. It's a shame because it's a block from our office. The menu hasn't changed at all in years and now what's on it isn't even good. Everyone's meal was mediocre and it was SLOW. Our waiter disappeared several times and we had to flag him down. We waited 25 minutes for a piece of pie at the end and finally told him to forget it. I don't know what happened but they need to fix it and fast!Special Features:
- DecentWlbne87VIPDined on 8/19/2014Everything was fine, but it irritated me to have wait for a table after showing up on time. Eventually we were seated at a table 10 feet from the front door that was open the entire time. The friendliness of the host staff is utterly lacking. I get it. The place is busy but the set up and the first impression one has is that you are about to engage in a transaction with the postal service. Fortunately the waitress was pleasant and the food pretty good.
- Service really slow, steaks fair.DisappointedVIPDined on 8/17/2014Not going back. Waitress spilled a glass of water on me. The service was tediously slow and the place wasn't even crowded. The steaks were fair - my wife's was mostly grizzle and mine bland.
- Never been disappointed!TerryPDined on 8/16/2014A great restaurant....with good food and great service........Everyone is friendly and a very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Outstanding Experience!Finderskeepers75Dined on 8/16/2014First time visiting. I was impressed with everything. Looked online and took a chance. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. Food was excellent, drinks were great and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Done Right!HarvesterDined on 8/14/2014Our group of six was pleased to see the Restaurant Week menu contained a pair of selections off the regular menu. This was our first time to Del Frisco's and no one in our group had any complaints except that perhaps the portions were too large (also unusual for Restaurant Week) and we all left a little too full. Before dinner drinks at the bar were excellent as was the service. Our request to sit outside to enjoy the great weather was accommodated and the service by the wait staff paired with good food for dinner could not have been any better. Thanks to the staff and management for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okbb1970Dined on 8/13/2014Went for resturant week. Food was ok. It was cheaper to order ala carte.Special Features:
- Great wine & knowledgable sommelierMickeyDined on 8/12/2014The food and the wine were great! I had the restaurant week menu and all was good. The sommelier selected the wine for us based on a couple of questions she asked us and her pick was perfect! Great atmosphere for couples. My only complaint would be that the service was too fast. (You don't hear that often!) We were trying to have a leisurely dinner and chat for a couple of hours and the waiter came to the table too often - even tried taking away our dessert before we had even touched it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.