Del Frisco's Grille - DC
1201 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Del Frisco's Grille - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delfriscosgrille.com/
- Phone: 2024504686x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am– 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Dinner:Friday 4:00pm - 12:00am, Dinner Saturday: 4:00pm – 12:00am, Dinner Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brent Sick
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - DC
Del Frisco's Grille DC is situated in the heart of the nation’s capital between the US Capitol and the White House on one of America’s most iconic roads – Pennsylvania Avenue. The Grille sits along wide, tree-lined sidewalks that brim with the energy of locals who live and work in the neighborhood as well as visitors from all over the globe. The menu offers a wide variety of selections to savor or share with friends. The expansive patio is the perfect location for alfresco dining and an amazing vantage point to capture the activity of this vibrant area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Frisco's Grille - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (112)great for lunch (96)good for groups (79)special occasion (55)vibrant bar scene (54)fit for foodies (51)hot spot (31)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (29)romantic (22)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (14)scenic view (13)Show More
- Great Especially if Going 2 TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We needed to find a place near the National Theatre and we never knew this was there. Great food and wine selection and the service was particularly good. The beautiful bar caught my eye and I could tell it would be great for happy hour.Special Features:
- So So ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I decided to take my girlfriend here for a few cocktails and grub before a show at the National Theatre. The inside is very nice and wasnt crowded (6pm on a Friday), however we decided to sit outside. Outside was nicely setup and but had some over zealous misting fans set up. It didnt help that it was slightly windy. We ordered some food and some drinks. I ordered the Lamb Burger with taziki sauce and spinach and some garlic Parmesan fries. The lamb was very bland and could use some seasoning. The fries were also bland, the garlic wasnt fresh and the parmesan lacked very flavor. My girlfriend has the crabcake sliders. Some issue, it was just bland. The food on the menu sounded great but was disappointing. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchWheels2705Dined on 8/28/2014Really enjoyed dining at Del Frisco's Grille. Was getting together with a friend that I hadn't seen in three years -- the servers were very good, taking our orders and keeping our drinks filled without interrupting the meal. This was something considering one of the servers was in training. The fried chicken sandwich wasn't on the menu yet, but we got to order it nonetheless. What a great sandwich; hearty, juicy, and huge. I'm a guy with a big appetite and I left stuffed. Great place, great time.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014Ruby Tuesday quality at double the price sums up this place. Raw oysters were warm and tasted foul. Menus were ripped. Food runner tried to deliver our dinner entrees for two to the table of three next to us that was still reading their menu. Meatloaf was high on filler and light on meat. Salmon was oversalted and clearly not high quality. $10 dessert was generic cake obviously not prepared on site. Service was sloppy. *Maybe* it would be ok for a burger and a beer, but not for dinner.
- Kale Salad6425LauraDined on 8/27/2014The salad is great! Couldn't find it on menu but should be a staple !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchSweetRedDined on 8/25/2014Great atmosphere the eat lunch or dinner. The convenience of the restaurant is helpful. But I enjoy the excellent service and the server is always knowledgeable on assisting you by answering question about menu selection and the food is cook to perfection.
- Good food, great drinksLB512Dined on 8/21/2014My husband and I stopped in for an earlier dinner while visiting DC. The food was good-we had the Philly cheesesteak eggrolls and a flatbread to start, both were great. I had the signature VIP drink which was awesome. We ordered the burger and chicken wrap for entrees-the chicken wrap was especially good. The only thing that was kind of disappointing was the service. We were early and one of the only tables in the restaurant yet the server was not visible. Also when I ordered a second VIP drink the server immediately took my current drink away even though it was 1/4 full without even asking if I was still enjoying it. The food and atmosphere were really nice so we will try it again sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhill...Luckyme1Dined on 8/19/2014I've been here at least 10 times since they opened. On the last two occasions I've been really disappointed and won't be going back nor will anyone I dined with. It's a shame because it's a block from our office. The menu hasn't changed at all in years and now what's on it isn't even good. Everyone's meal was mediocre and it was SLOW. Our waiter disappeared several times and we had to flag him down. We waited 25 minutes for a piece of pie at the end and finally told him to forget it. I don't know what happened but they need to fix it and fast!Special Features:
- DecentWlbne87VIPDined on 8/19/2014Everything was fine, but it irritated me to have wait for a table after showing up on time. Eventually we were seated at a table 10 feet from the front door that was open the entire time. The friendliness of the host staff is utterly lacking. I get it. The place is busy but the set up and the first impression one has is that you are about to engage in a transaction with the postal service. Fortunately the waitress was pleasant and the food pretty good.
- Service really slow, steaks fair.DisappointedVIPDined on 8/17/2014Not going back. Waitress spilled a glass of water on me. The service was tediously slow and the place wasn't even crowded. The steaks were fair - my wife's was mostly grizzle and mine bland.
- Never been disappointed!TerryPDined on 8/16/2014A great restaurant....with good food and great service........Everyone is friendly and a very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Done Right!HarvesterDined on 8/14/2014Our group of six was pleased to see the Restaurant Week menu contained a pair of selections off the regular menu. This was our first time to Del Frisco's and no one in our group had any complaints except that perhaps the portions were too large (also unusual for Restaurant Week) and we all left a little too full. Before dinner drinks at the bar were excellent as was the service. Our request to sit outside to enjoy the great weather was accommodated and the service by the wait staff paired with good food for dinner could not have been any better. Thanks to the staff and management for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okbb1970Dined on 8/13/2014Went for resturant week. Food was ok. It was cheaper to order ala carte.Special Features:
- Great wine & knowledgable sommelierMickeyDined on 8/12/2014The food and the wine were great! I had the restaurant week menu and all was good. The sommelier selected the wine for us based on a couple of questions she asked us and her pick was perfect! Great atmosphere for couples. My only complaint would be that the service was too fast. (You don't hear that often!) We were trying to have a leisurely dinner and chat for a couple of hours and the waiter came to the table too often - even tried taking away our dessert before we had even touched it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent. The restaurant was a bit noisy. I asked that our party of four be moved to a table farther from the bar, and it was not a problem and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The waiter was also very impressive. He not only knew what food would be good (and it was!), he had a proficient knowledge of the wine list that my friends appreciated. Every time I have gone to Del Frisco's I have not been disappointed. The chef is excellent--the sole and cheesesteak egg rolls were delicious. I especially love the ahi tuna tacos!Special Features:
- DisappointedDCSnackerVIPDined on 8/6/2014We were excited to dine here because we've enjoyed the bar and the appetizers - especially those tiny tuna tartare tacos. BUT, entrees were all very disappointing. Husband's steak was "the worse cut of meat I have EVER been served - ever." Salmon was overcooked. The only saving grace of the evening was that when the manager was alerted to the issues, she kindly took care of things and was sympathetic. Unfortunately, I will not plan to dine here again any time soon. Except maybe for those baby tacos... mmm!
- Always SolidBillDined on 8/6/2014Never disappoints, always a good spot for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Great spot for work lunch!.spalomakiDined on 8/5/2014Good food, a great atmosphere for talking; will definitely return for lunch!Special Features:
- Apps Inspire by Cheesecake Factory?MikeVIPDined on 7/26/2014Cheesesteak eggrolls were clever, but this place should stick to its NY roots. Stick with the steaks.Special Features:
- The food is the real winner.IlyaDined on 7/22/2014By enthusiastic online recommendations we got Ahi Tacos, Cheesesteak eggrolls, Lamb burger, and Steak salad. Every dish was simply outstanding. I will neither confirm, nor deny, having a slight mouthgasm over the eggrolls. Delicious. Come and try these for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kale, Brussel Sprout Salad is good.FineDinerDined on 7/22/2014If you are a raw foodie, this is a great salad. It is not on the menu so be sure to ask for it. They are very accommodating in removing the cheese and putting the dressing on the side.Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch for FriendSuzyCVIPDined on 7/18/2014It was my friend's birthday, and I decided to take her to Del Frisco's. It was the first time for her to eat there. She absolutely loved it! I've been multiple times in the past, and have always liked the food. The GM even stopped by our table and introduced himself. We were extremely pleased with the service and courteous nature of the people we encountered there last week.Special Features:
- Steakhouse salad is to die forFoodieDined on 7/16/2014Our waiter was Enrico from California. He was personable, anticipated our needs and kept things moving at a great pace. Andrew stopped by to welcome us and mention if there was anything that he could do, by all means to let him know. We all had the steakhouse salad cooked medium. The steaks were flavorful and the presentation was beautiful. We dined on the patio with wonderful full umbrellas and water misters overhead. The day was sunny and pleasant. I will definitely return again and again.Special Features:
- Excellent!PickyEaterDined on 7/11/2014Food, service and wine list all outstanding. Was very pleased with our visit- we will definitely revisit when in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BFDBDined on 7/11/2014Went there for a nice dinner before a show downtown, so were there early in the evening. Though it Friday, it wasn't crowded. Service was very good, food was excellent and not too pricey compared to a lot of the restaurants in that part of the city. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- A Good Lunch SpotDiner301Dined on 7/10/2014We arrived for 11:45 lunch reservation and waited for 4 parties before us to be seated--a bit slow. The waiter was very friendly/helpful with the menu. The food was good for lunch--chicken avocado wrap--and my lunch date had a flatbread special. Both were tasty and plenty for lunch. I had wanted something other than frites with my wrap and selection was all fries and a salad. Opted for the salad but wrap contained quite a bit of lettuce so I was a bit overloaded with lettuce. The waiter dropped our check off right after our food was delivered to the table and it was a very long time (at least 30 minutes) before we saw him again. We split the tab which caused the waiter much confusion so the manager had to assist and all was fine.Special Features:
- Special goodCricketsDined on 7/9/2014The fish tacos were great. Would definitely order them again if they're on the menu. The service at Del Frisco's has never been awesome. Waiters never seem happy to be doing what they're doing, and the manager visits to the table are confusing and ill-timed. My water never got refreshed and it was really hard even trying to find someone to flag down. I've been here many times and service has been an issue from the beginning (at opening, there were too many servers tripping over each other and no one knew what they were doing). I will go back, it's convenient and the bar is great.Special Features:
- EhhhLVFoodieDined on 7/5/2014I recently visited this establishment with 5 of my friends. We were seated outside on the patio, which in itself is very nice. This place is blocks from the White House and very neat looking. We sadly were sat in a section where the lights were burnt out, and it made it hard to see our menus or anything for that matter. The food was reasonably priced but I know that my friends had some issues with their orders. Mine in particular was a hamburger that was way over cooked, and the salad came in this tiny little bowl. I asked for a larger bowl to place it in. The manager Meredith was informed of our issues and did little to solve them. She told us that she only had a few days left there. I believe that was part of the problem.Special Features:
- Good food, decent priceRestaurantFanDined on 7/5/2014Good variety of dinner and sandwich choices. Tough going after a holiday on a weekend because they were out of some menu items. Really nice staff. Wish their mixed drinks had less misogynistic names to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLITouristDined on 7/5/2014We were visiting DC for the July 4th weekend, and found this restaurant on OpenTable. It was a great choice. The service was excellent, and the food was great too. The Cheesesteak Eggrolls were delicious and the Warm Chocolate Cake for dessert was yummy. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and would go there again when we're in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we had reservationsJackieDined on 7/4/2014Our visit on the 4th of July was our first and we really enjoyed it. Were glad we had reservations though since that's a busy time on the mall.Special Features:
- AKCODined on 7/3/2014The food was Ok, the restaurant is a grill. We walked in with nobody in the place and they wanted to sit my family with two young children in the bar area right next to the door. I had to ask for a better table. Service was slow with an empty restaurant. For the price I was expecting more. I love Del Frisco's regular restaurants, but will not go back to a grill again.
- Legendary ServiceDagsVIPDined on 7/3/2014We were visiting from out of town and experienced legendary service from Zoe and the rest of the staff. Drinks were fantastic, food was tip top, and service was the best we experienced in DC!Special Features:
- TrotooldVIPDined on 7/1/2014McDonalds with a bar and beer. One can do better if one tries.
- huge burger!SarainglenwoodVIPDined on 6/29/2014burgers were huge, very good and prompt. Service was great. This is our second visit and the service and burgers are consistent. Great location near museums, etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service EverDisappointedDined on 6/28/2014I have been to Del Frisco's DC before multiple times; we usually go monthly. However, this time was different. My mom was in town and wanted to take her to a nice place that I know has wonderful food. We made the reservation with Open Table, because I assumed that since it was Saturday night, it would be busy. We got there at 8:45 for our reservation, and the place was empty. 10 tables max had people, yet we still had to wait for 5 minutes to be seated. Once seated, we didn't have a waiter/waitress until 20 minutes after we sat, without water, or even being acknowledged. Once our waitress took our drink order, we also ordered our app. and food since we were waiting for so long. I ordered the Skinny Cosmo, and it came with fly in drink...
- Best Meatloaf Ever!CarlosVIPDined on 6/28/2014Bar none, Del Frisco's Grille has the best meatloaf in the US! It was tender, juicy, a little slice of heaven. They also have a GREAT wine selection, with several wines priced reasonably. On a nice day, ask to sit outside and take in the sights & sounds of Pennsylvania Avenue. I am looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dancingtastebudsVIPDined on 6/28/2014The staff made our dinning experience enjoyable. The food was good and the atmosphere enjoyable. I plan to revist again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beat our expectationsdoclaberDined on 6/27/2014Wonderful food and great menu. We asked the server to pick a dish for me and it was a spectacular creole catfish.Special Features:
- Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014Interesting and approachable wine list. Good interaction with management team. 5th visit, never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.