Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://delfriscos.com/
- Phone: 2125755129x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elvis Inniss
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
A midtown classic with sprawling views of the NYC. Located in the heart of Midtown, this steakhouse offers incredible service and great food in a beautiful three level space. Known for having one of the city's best wine lists and bar scenes, Del Frisco's is the perfect place for small groups and parties of up to 80.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City reviews from OpenTable diners
586 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (353)notable wine list (272)fit for foodies (212)good for groups (207)hot spot (179)vibrant bar scene (153)romantic (152)scenic view (116)great for lunch (93)neighborhood gem (80)great for outdoor dining (71)late-night find (66)kid-friendly (23)great for brunch (20)Show More
- Great place for everythingDarnell26Dined on 9/27/2014Me and my wife had an excellent time. I great meat... Incredible wine list. The waiter which I forgot his name was awesome.... Dessert was great.... No complaints whatsoever... It is expensive but hey ur in NYC...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014this restaurant is extremly expensiv but food high qualitySpecial Features:
- Awesome!GigiDined on 9/27/2014There is absolutely nothing better! Delicious food, awesome service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steaksAnnieDined on 9/26/2014Food is delicious. Steaks melt in your mouth! The lobster macaroni and cheese is a favorite. The vodka infused pineapple was a refreshing way to start off the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for a Birthday DinnerJimmyFaxDined on 9/26/2014We had a group of 9 there for my birthday dinner, and they really made it feel like a milestone even though it was "just another birthday" in my 30's. The food was fantastic, the service was exquisite, and they threw in some birthday deserts for free, which were just amazing (the lemon cake was divine but the chocolate lava cake a la mode thingy was out of this world). Del Frisco's was already one of my favorite restaurant in the city, and nights like this just confirmed why. The table did the usual assortment of apps (the wedge and crabcakes are my favorites) and sides (the crab gnocchi, which must be new, stole the show but they're all great), and everyone smartly went bone-in (filet or ribeye) for entree and gave a thumbs way up.Special Features:
- ABSOLUTELY AMAZING !msdaisyDined on 9/25/2014# 1 RESTAURANT IN NYC- MUST VISIT IF YOU ARE IN NEW YORK OR BOSTON OR D.C. BEEN TO ALL 3 - ALWAYS A GREAT MEAL, GREAT STAFF & AMAZING WINE LISTSpecial Features:
- great steaks, great servicePaco1369Dined on 9/25/2014Our server, Jackie, was phenomenal. led us to great choices for both apps for the table and "family style sides". The sommelier helped choose our wines to pair with our entrees. the steaks were perfectly aged, seasoned and cooked. They even pleased a vegetarian diner in our party. Cheap? No. But food and service like this in midtown is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!kaydog9Dined on 9/24/2014We had a fantastic time! The service was amazing and the Sommelier, Ms. Jessica Certo, was tremendous. All of her recs were spot on. Every dish went well past expectation, including the suggestion for lemon cake!!!Special Features:
- Re: Service slip upluv2dineDined on 9/23/2014Our waiter Alex was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. After we finished our meal a different waiter came by and mentioned Alex was in training. Asking how he did and we told him he was great and that Alex is an asset to this establishment. Jason wasn't so much. He made snare comments which my photographer and I were taken back with. He dropped a dessert menu but then 20 minutes passed without checking back with us for our order. When Jason mentioned he was overseeing all of Alex's tables and other tables that's the reason it took him so long to return to us. Jason had an arrogant and snippy attitude with my fashion photographer and I. I love your restaurant but this experience will make me think twice about returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantbpanarelVIPDined on 9/23/2014Great everything They are known for steaks but their fish is fantastic. A must try if you haven't been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Frisco's SteakhouseVFNYCVIPDined on 9/23/2014Always a great meal at Del Frisco's. Crab Cakes are an absolute must have.... by far, they are the best in the city. Prices are creeping a bit too high, and the noise on the lower level gets a little tough to deal with, but the service makes up for both of these issues. The wait staff is friendly and attentive, and management visits every table to make sure of that. Couldn't ask for better service. Pros: Great location, very good food, absolutely great service. Cons: Getting pricey and a bit too noisy around the dinner hour.Special Features:
- Great steak, cool ambience, crowdedMooshtDined on 9/21/2014Loved the meat and the vip bar drinks. Service was great but the place felt way too big for quality. We enjoyed it anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJOneillJrVIPDined on 9/21/2014Unfortunately we went to a Steakhouse. and the 4 of us ordered fish It did not represent the quality that They are known forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BirthdayMorgDined on 9/21/2014I brought my birthday in here at Del Friscos & the place is a one of a kind. I was completely satisfied. The staff & food was impeccable! I will definitely return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & AmbianceLASegarraDined on 9/21/2014The place is great, known for its delicious Lemon Cake. Most of the Waiters and Waitresses are in between gigs in Broadway, and are very entertaining. The ambiance is fantastic, service second to none.Special Features:
- Really Great Restaurantgigi214Dined on 9/20/2014A little on the pricey side but everything is well worth it! It was our second time there and both times we had incredible servers. Friendly staff, awesome food, incredible wine list. It definitely is one of our favorites! We most certainly will be going back. Cold Seafood appetizer is a must along with the bone in filet mignon!Special Features:
- KINGandLaniseDined on 9/20/2014I had a wonderful time from reservation to eating my Exquisite steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGraNolaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Very nice place and very good service. Was hoping it would serve the best ribeye ever, but can't say that it did. Also, impossible to get a reservation except 4:30 and 10PM. Amiance lacking druing blue pate special hour. Prices are unbelieveably high, as well. Good experience and nice for the occasion, but don't think I'd recommend unless for a special event or preferably if it's on someone else's corporate card...Special Features:
- just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014waiter was great. yet kitchen super slow? kept saying 2 minutes! food was just ok!
- Absolutely amazingsoutherngrlnycDined on 9/19/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday and they honored all of my special requests at no additional charge. The food was delicious. We had the crab cake appetizer and Del's salad with avocado dressing to start. The filet medallions were cooked to perfection. The most tender beef I have had in a long time! Get the lobster mac n cheese. You won't regret it! Drinks were good, service was excellent. We told our server, Mindy Marie, that we had a show after dinner and she made sure to keep us on time. Overall amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014We spent our Anniversary here food and service was great. I would not tell a friend to come here if they are looking for a romantic night out. Mostly a pick up bar type scene and the music was too low to set any kind of mood. Our server was Jackie she was professional and friendly. I would come again I just wish next time they light a few candles and get rid of the boring elevator music they had going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchAlanKVIPDined on 9/19/2014If you want to go to a great place and enjoy yourself, this is the place to go! The attention to detail in all aspects is top notch! Bret Carr the Manager runs a great ship! Thanks to all for making the experience great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.Great service.Best steakEpdinsDined on 9/17/2014HAd a wonderful time. Was seated when I arrived early and was treated special as I have dined here a number of times and love their double eagle prime steak. If Looking for a super place with ambience with one of the best wine choices this is a must! Have eaten at all the best steak houses in the world, Peter Lugers, Morton's , Ruth's Chris , Boby Vans, Smith &Walensky, Ben Bensons, Flemings , Sparks, etc. This is the best of them all!also delicious appetizers , and desserts ! Have also a pre-fix special menue and specials nightly. Make reservations and best time is early between 5 o'clock and 6:30 pm. Can be expensive ... $150 and up for two. Have eaten in New York City and Las Vegas at Del Frisco's . Plan ahead and use open table !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Service is fantastic. Great staff. Very energetic and the food is always spot on. Really enjoy it hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriscofiedNYCLuverDined on 9/16/2014My hubby and I ate here two days ago. Just realized that it is in the Howard stern building. Had the steak and lobster combo. Excellent. Had a 2003 Barolo that blew our minds. Earth shattering lemon cake. Can keep tabs on radio city music hall from here. Service was perfection thanks to the Disney star servers. Love you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent food and lovely ambiance. A romantic evening after a long weekend in the City with an out of town friend. Perfect!Special Features:
- Best Steak in NYCJZimanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Everything was great including birthday lemon cake. This was our 4th time and will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet I've ever hadAlyssa37muaDined on 9/14/2014This was my first time eating at Del Frisco's. I went with my boyfriend for our 4 year anniversary before a broadway show. It was the most expensive meal we have ever eaten, but it was worth it being as it was a special occasion and the food was outstanding. He ordered a filet mignon on the bone and oh.my.god. It was the best piece of meat I have ever in my life eaten. I kept hearing how good the lobster Mac n cheese so we ordered that and the king crab gnocchi, but the gnocchi was 10x better than the Mac n cheese. We went at 5pm so the noise level was low and the atmosphere was just ok. It's beautiful inside, but I'm sure when it gets dark out the lighting is low and probably very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- # 1 RESTAURANT IN NYCmsdaisyDined on 9/13/2014ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS RESTAURANT. AWESOME FOOD, A BEAUTIFUL PLACE AND GREAT STAFFSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service, Start to FinishOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014From the moment we walked in, the service at Del Frisco's was amazing. We were asked if we prefer to sit somewhere quieter versus in the middle of the action. We preferred quieter and were seated at a perfect spot near the windows. Our server asked us early on whether or not there was a certain time we needed to be done; we had theatre tickets so the answer was yes. He did a phenomenal job of keeping us on track and making sure to get us on the road when we needed to be. The food was outstanding--we had filet mignon, bone-in rib eye, crabcake appetizer and raw oysters. Definitely a treat and wonderful to enjoy such top notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and customer serviceAlanKVIPDined on 9/12/2014Everything at this place is top notch. The food was incredible....really awesome! The people were extremely helpful and friendly. Kristen Beckler (Sommelier), was really genuine and sweet. Tyler Schoen was great to work with. I highly recommend asking to work with him, as he is extremely attentive and made excellent recommendations! Bret Carr the Manager is very professional. Bret took the time to check in with us to see how everything was a couple of times. Class act experience and kudos to all of you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't MissOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I try and eat here every time I'm staying in midtown, never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatMissQ1VIPDined on 9/12/2014I have been dining at Del's for years. I am always impressed with the wait staff, their knowledge, poise and willingness to engage. Management is impeccable--welcome Brett. I bring the desserts to work so I can share. Businessman's lunch is always the best (order sauce on the side with the steak). Bacon on salad is something I think about for days. All around great. Caution: Don't be fooled into drinking the pineapple surprise if you've got something to do the next day...:) Always great. Thanks Dels.Special Features:
- Tastiest SteakSherylVIPDined on 9/11/2014The restaurant is huge, and it was PACKED. A bit frenetic for me, but the meal was outstanding. One of the best steaks I've had. Ever. I had the ribeye - it was expensive ($51) but it fed me for 3 nights! Burrata/tomato salad was ok (heavy on tomato, light on burrata). Asparagus side was perfectly done: crunchy & fresh; mushrooms were absolutely amazing. Service was helpful, attentive, and friendly. Worth a splurge!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre Location, Business AmbianceChicagoTomVIPDined on 9/11/2014A place with great contrasts. It looks like a three story Club, chockablock with Serious and Important Business Types and wonderfully convenient to Broadway. Sit has a steakhouse-style menu as well as terrific seafood. Service is bustling, attentive yet not hovering. Go early while it fills up around you. Come late and you'll have to thread your way along a bar that's half the length of the first floor. Deservedly popular.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014The service was done well, the steak perfectly medium rare, and the side dishes scrumptious, the vegetables crunchy not over cooked, ambience up scale, clearly a business crowd although we were post theatre, and a great view of the foot traffic around radio city music hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who orders Chicken @ a steakhouse?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014I did and IT was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! i had the chicken chopped salad and I think it was the BEST Chicken salad I ever had. :) Of course the steaks are the most delicious and cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth, but the chicken. I had it yesterday and I am craving it today! thank you !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2014It is great to have a big eye of fillet without side muscles. Many other restaurants serve a 10-12 ounce w a side muscle which I do not enjoy. Tasty meat, kind/attentive service.Special Features:
- Good food for big bucksMarkusDined on 9/9/2014Food and wine were both great, but had the feeling that the wines were overpriced. For the many business people probably less an issue because the company pays. But as said: food is great and the t-bone was perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Always strong and consistentJasonVIPDined on 9/8/2014Exceptional service, top-quality food, excellent wine and another outstanding experience for one of NYC's finest spots. Great for biz clients, family and friends...any occasion. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.