Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://delfriscos.com/
- Phone: 2125755129x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elvis Inniss
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
A midtown classic with sprawling views of the NYC. Located in the heart of Midtown, this steakhouse offers incredible service and great food in a beautiful three level space. Known for having one of the city's best wine lists and bar scenes, Del Frisco's is the perfect place for small groups and parties of up to 80.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City reviews from OpenTable diners
597 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (362)notable wine list (282)good for groups (207)fit for foodies (207)hot spot (179)vibrant bar scene (161)romantic (159)scenic view (124)great for lunch (99)neighborhood gem (80)great for outdoor dining (73)late-night find (66)kid-friendly (23)great for brunch (21)Show More
- Really Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014A little on the pricey side but everything is well worth it! It was our second time there and both times we had incredible servers. Friendly staff, awesome food, incredible wine list. It definitely is one of our favorites! We most certainly will be going back. Cold Seafood appetizer is a must along with the bone in filet mignon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I had a wonderful time from reservation to eating my Exquisite steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014waiter was great. yet kitchen super slow? kept saying 2 minutes! food was just ok!
- Absolutely amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/19/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday and they honored all of my special requests at no additional charge. The food was delicious. We had the crab cake appetizer and Del's salad with avocado dressing to start. The filet medallions were cooked to perfection. The most tender beef I have had in a long time! Get the lobster mac n cheese. You won't regret it! Drinks were good, service was excellent. We told our server, Mindy Marie, that we had a show after dinner and she made sure to keep us on time. Overall amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014We spent our Anniversary here food and service was great. I would not tell a friend to come here if they are looking for a romantic night out. Mostly a pick up bar type scene and the music was too low to set any kind of mood. Our server was Jackie she was professional and friendly. I would come again I just wish next time they light a few candles and get rid of the boring elevator music they had going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchAlanKVIPDined on 9/19/2014If you want to go to a great place and enjoy yourself, this is the place to go! The attention to detail in all aspects is top notch! Bret Carr the Manager runs a great ship! Thanks to all for making the experience great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.Great service.Best steakOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2014HAd a wonderful time. Was seated when I arrived early and was treated special as I have dined here a number of times and love their double eagle prime steak. If Looking for a super place with ambience with one of the best wine choices this is a must! Have eaten at all the best steak houses in the world, Peter Lugers, Morton's , Ruth's Chris , Boby Vans, Smith &Walensky, Ben Bensons, Flemings , Sparks, etc. This is the best of them all!also delicious appetizers , and desserts ! Have also a pre-fix special menue and specials nightly. Make reservations and best time is early between 5 o'clock and 6:30 pm. Can be expensive ... $150 and up for two. Have eaten in New York City and Las Vegas at Del Frisco's . Plan ahead and use open table !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Service is fantastic. Great staff. Very energetic and the food is always spot on. Really enjoy it hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriscofiedNYCLuverDined on 9/16/2014My hubby and I ate here two days ago. Just realized that it is in the Howard stern building. Had the steak and lobster combo. Excellent. Had a 2003 Barolo that blew our minds. Earth shattering lemon cake. Can keep tabs on radio city music hall from here. Service was perfection thanks to the Disney star servers. Love you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent food and lovely ambiance. A romantic evening after a long weekend in the City with an out of town friend. Perfect!Special Features:
- Best Steak in NYCJZimanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Everything was great including birthday lemon cake. This was our 4th time and will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet I've ever hadAlyssa37muaDined on 9/14/2014This was my first time eating at Del Frisco's. I went with my boyfriend for our 4 year anniversary before a broadway show. It was the most expensive meal we have ever eaten, but it was worth it being as it was a special occasion and the food was outstanding. He ordered a filet mignon on the bone and oh.my.god. It was the best piece of meat I have ever in my life eaten. I kept hearing how good the lobster Mac n cheese so we ordered that and the king crab gnocchi, but the gnocchi was 10x better than the Mac n cheese. We went at 5pm so the noise level was low and the atmosphere was just ok. It's beautiful inside, but I'm sure when it gets dark out the lighting is low and probably very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- # 1 RESTAURANT IN NYCmsdaisyDined on 9/13/2014ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS RESTAURANT. AWESOME FOOD, A BEAUTIFUL PLACE AND GREAT STAFFSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service, Start to FinishOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014From the moment we walked in, the service at Del Frisco's was amazing. We were asked if we prefer to sit somewhere quieter versus in the middle of the action. We preferred quieter and were seated at a perfect spot near the windows. Our server asked us early on whether or not there was a certain time we needed to be done; we had theatre tickets so the answer was yes. He did a phenomenal job of keeping us on track and making sure to get us on the road when we needed to be. The food was outstanding--we had filet mignon, bone-in rib eye, crabcake appetizer and raw oysters. Definitely a treat and wonderful to enjoy such top notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and customer serviceAlanKVIPDined on 9/12/2014Everything at this place is top notch. The food was incredible....really awesome! The people were extremely helpful and friendly. Kristen Beckler (Sommelier), was really genuine and sweet. Tyler Schoen was great to work with. I highly recommend asking to work with him, as he is extremely attentive and made excellent recommendations! Bret Carr the Manager is very professional. Bret took the time to check in with us to see how everything was a couple of times. Class act experience and kudos to all of you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't MissOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I try and eat here every time I'm staying in midtown, never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatMissQ1Dined on 9/12/2014I have been dining at Del's for years. I am always impressed with the wait staff, their knowledge, poise and willingness to engage. Management is impeccable--welcome Brett. I bring the desserts to work so I can share. Businessman's lunch is always the best (order sauce on the side with the steak). Bacon on salad is something I think about for days. All around great. Caution: Don't be fooled into drinking the pineapple surprise if you've got something to do the next day...:) Always great. Thanks Dels.Special Features:
- Tastiest SteakSherylVIPDined on 9/11/2014The restaurant is huge, and it was PACKED. A bit frenetic for me, but the meal was outstanding. One of the best steaks I've had. Ever. I had the ribeye - it was expensive ($51) but it fed me for 3 nights! Burrata/tomato salad was ok (heavy on tomato, light on burrata). Asparagus side was perfectly done: crunchy & fresh; mushrooms were absolutely amazing. Service was helpful, attentive, and friendly. Worth a splurge!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre Location, Business AmbianceChicagoTomVIPDined on 9/11/2014A place with great contrasts. It looks like a three story Club, chockablock with Serious and Important Business Types and wonderfully convenient to Broadway. Sit has a steakhouse-style menu as well as terrific seafood. Service is bustling, attentive yet not hovering. Go early while it fills up around you. Come late and you'll have to thread your way along a bar that's half the length of the first floor. Deservedly popular.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014The service was done well, the steak perfectly medium rare, and the side dishes scrumptious, the vegetables crunchy not over cooked, ambience up scale, clearly a business crowd although we were post theatre, and a great view of the foot traffic around radio city music hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who orders Chicken @ a steakhouse?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014I did and IT was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! i had the chicken chopped salad and I think it was the BEST Chicken salad I ever had. :) Of course the steaks are the most delicious and cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth, but the chicken. I had it yesterday and I am craving it today! thank you !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2014It is great to have a big eye of fillet without side muscles. Many other restaurants serve a 10-12 ounce w a side muscle which I do not enjoy. Tasty meat, kind/attentive service.Special Features:
- Good food for big bucksMarkusDined on 9/9/2014Food and wine were both great, but had the feeling that the wines were overpriced. For the many business people probably less an issue because the company pays. But as said: food is great and the t-bone was perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Always strong and consistentJasonVIPDined on 9/8/2014Exceptional service, top-quality food, excellent wine and another outstanding experience for one of NYC's finest spots. Great for biz clients, family and friends...any occasion. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1234Dined on 9/7/2014We are repeat customers and have always thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant in NYC. It was my retirement, hence, celebration and was truly discouraged. The tenderloin was laced with grizzle and no one came back to say how is your meal. Not the normal service!!! We went to Keen's the night before and what a difference with a complimentary dessert for our celebration. Won't return. We go to NYC 3-4 times a year and we always made a point to to to Del Frisco's.Special Features:
- diningontheedgediningontheedgeDined on 9/7/2014We were celebrating our first wedding anniversary and were greeted with "Happy anniv " when we arrived,complimentary champagne and a waiter who was great (Brandon) It was noticeable that all that work there were intent in not only making our dinner great but everyone else's also. With out a doubt one of the best steaks I have eaten in quite some time cooked perfect. Oh yes and dessert was on the house as a celebration of out anniversary cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- WonderfulDublinGalDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I were on our honeymoon in New York when we dined at Del Frisco. We had been to the restaurant on our last trip to New York some seven years ago so knew exactly how good the food, service, ambience and dining experience is. As expected it didn't disappoint. We had a fantastic meal: a beautiful crab starter followed by fillet on the bone with creamed spinach. We shared a dessert which was served with a 'Happy Anniversary' message - well, it was our one week wedding anniversary! The wine recommended by our waiter was excellent and not too pricey. Fabulous restaurant and whenever we're back in NYC again we'll be swinging by Del Frisco. Best meal of the trip.Special Features:
- Maggie was a wonderful waitressNjfoodieDined on 9/6/2014We had Maggie as our waitress and she was great. Friendly, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEAKS!!!HansDined on 9/5/2014Great steaks, excellent service, fantastic wine list and did I say great steaks??? Tender, tasty and delicious.Special Features:
- pricy midtown trapdougVIPDined on 9/4/2014another waaaaay overpriced midtown steak based haunt in a fabulous building lobby setting with great decor - but you pay through the nose like you are a tourist - because this joint is perfectly placed to capture the business crowd and the hotel crowd right near time square. for a city dweller, you should avoid it. Overpriced, great (overly attentive) waiters treated us like tourists who had never been to a big NYC restaurant before. We just wanted a good steak after a weeknight evening at the theatre. uuuugh.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014The food and service is always outstanding! The signature lemon cake is the most amazing dessert ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite NYC steakhousevegetarianVIPDined on 9/3/2014Del Frisco's has long been our favorite NYC place for great beef and we were not disappointed. We had a lovely lunch, exactly what we wanted and expected. The salads were good and the petit filets and the rib eye were perfectly cooked. The business man's lunch is a bargain @ $36.00 and a lot of food. We had a perfect view of "Sun Triangle" an interesting and very large installation on the plaza outside. It's worth reading about.Special Features:
- best steak housechefjeffflaDined on 9/2/2014this steak house is the total package great food super service and gorgeous ambiance consistent well worth the wait if need beSpecial Features:
- Loved ItlabmewDined on 8/31/2014This is one of our very favorite restaurants. We had a drink at the upstairs bar where krista took very good care of my wife and I, she is a really awesome server. Then we went to our table where kate was our server and she was fantastic. My wife and I like to go there on special occasions and we had a wonderful time. management and staff are up to the task. Well done!Special Features:
- Fabulous time!!BebeDined on 8/31/2014It's a place that I would definitely go back again whenever I'm in NYC. Best to go with friends so that you will be able to share. Favorite dishes are: crab cakes (appetizer), spinach supreme (sides), STEAK and CHEESECAKE!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceShortyKRLDined on 8/31/2014It's expensive but the views, the atmosphere, the food, and the service were all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!AshleyDined on 8/31/2014Del Frisco's was amazing in every regard! I highly recommend it to everyone looking for a special place for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very expensive!fastmanDined on 8/30/2014Made reservation 6 weeks ahead and 1st table was in mediocre location. Had to wait 15 minutes for a better table.....once seated, service was very good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlotte NC visiting Family in NYCUSMCVIPDined on 8/30/2014Came to NYC to treat my family and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeMjm64Dined on 8/30/2014My husband loves steakhouses, just loves them. Del Frisco's catered a cigar event he attended and we decided to give it a try for his birthday. The menu was varied, plenty of choices and the staff was knowledgeable and friendly- hard to find in Midtown. No rush, a nice, relaxed dinner. Not only was the service (Curtis?) spectacular, but the food was excellent. Although it was a little salty for me- he thought it was perfect . Try the lemon cake!!! I insist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.