Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://delfriscos.com/
- Phone: 2125755129x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elvis Inniss
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
A midtown classic with sprawling views of the NYC. Located in the heart of Midtown, this steakhouse offers incredible service and great food in a beautiful three level space. Known for having one of the city's best wine lists and bar scenes, Del Frisco's is the perfect place for small groups and parties of up to 80.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City reviews from OpenTable diners
602 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (357)notable wine list (269)fit for foodies (224)good for groups (206)hot spot (185)vibrant bar scene (151)romantic (150)scenic view (109)great for lunch (90)neighborhood gem (79)great for outdoor dining (65)late-night find (59)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (20)Show More
- birthday dinner for wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Waiter was amazingly helpful and friendly and managed to be attentive while tending to like 5 large parties and us while training a trainee. Im jot a steak person so Wife and I split a ribeye. Crabcake was expensive for a little lump but it was so good I got over the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014The food was great! Had the "Business Lunch", portions were great. The steak was cooked perfectly and the cheese cake was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large 2 tier restaurantDinerVIPDined on 10/28/2014Service was good without being overbearing. I had the Crab cake for an appetizer. It was good, but the portion was very small. For my entree I ordered the shrimp scampi. For a NYC steakhouse the price was very reasonable, around $35. It was delicious. My husband had the wedge salad and bone in sirloin. He was happy. The steak was $70. They bring meat to the table and have you check for the right doneness. He had to send his back for an extra minute. They were happy to do it and it was quick. We ate here for a pre theatre dinner and were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONALMSHOPDined on 10/25/2014Chris, our server was fabulous and my son said it was the best food he has ever had- I would agree.Special Features:
- Over the top prices!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Unaffordable for most. Will not recommend or return.Special Features:
- Good meatBuongustaiaVIPDined on 10/24/2014Very good meat but a little bit noisy. Service was good but not properly fast.
- Best steak anywhereBergyDined on 10/24/2014Everytime never disappoints, best cuts, cooked perfectly, on a hot plate, fabulous pepper coating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeJpefanisDined on 10/24/2014Someone recommended this place for our first anniversary, we've been going back ever since (it's been 7 years). I highly recommend the crab cake appetizer, for dinner, the off the menu bone in 22oz rib eye. I am in love with the lobster mac n cheese. Couldn't have been more happy with the meal and experience!!! It's expensive but so amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and serviceDaveDined on 10/24/2014The food and service is always great. We had guests who spent years in the restaurant business and said this was one of the top 5 dinners in their life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a bad experience!putnamdinerDined on 10/24/2014The restaurant is certainly not what we expected. Too loud, too chaotic, food too spicy. And amazingly expensive for the poor quality.
- Far too noisyMattFrDined on 10/23/2014+ Nice location + Nice restaurant - amazingly noisy, beyond acceptable - one hour waiting between put order and a rare steak - too much pepper on the steak, even on kid's meals - prime ribeye disappointing compared to other steakhouses in NYC
- MaggieDined on 10/23/2014Amazing food, great service but very difficult to carry on conversations due to noise levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014Great food but expensive when you can get the same quality down the road.
- Noise level created a problem orderHearingProblemDined on 10/22/2014Believe our server heard Borolo 95 at $495 when I ordered Bin 495. Was already on two vodka so took the bottle and then got the $495 bill. the food was late and had a concert so we didn't check over but thought it was very high. Called back to find the error on the wine. Resolution?Special Features:
- Great food & service. Very noisy!JoeDDined on 10/22/2014I'm not a steakhouse guy. I think steak is overrated and overpriced. That said, DeFriscos ribeye was really good. The sides were excellent. Service was great. The only real complaint: the noise. It is very difficult to have a conversation during dinner if your at a table larger than 4 people (we had 6 at a round table). Not ideal for a business dinner for that reason. You'll need to shout to be heard and strain to hear your companions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely recommendJR87Dined on 10/21/2014Perfect for special occasions, excellent service, attentive, beautiful ambiance, worth every $$$$. Sit upstairs for a more intimate feel or downstairs for a brighter energetic scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!TillyDined on 10/19/2014Ordered the VIP drink, which I highly recommend. Our waiter was very knowledgeable, and the filet medallions and crème brulee were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what i expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014i order my steak M it was well done hard did not like my food, service was great
- Perfect MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Perfect Medium Rare Ribeye, delicious crabcake, creamy strawberry cheesecakeSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceDartgt426Dined on 10/18/2014Couldn't ask for more everything was perfect! The service was great , drinks were made excellent the whole experience was a 10.Special Features:
- Great food, very noisyctcjDined on 10/18/2014I've been to Del Frisco's several times and I think it's wonderful. The food is great and the service is outstanding. However, on this occasion my party of three was seated right next to a large group of at least twelve people. They were so loud, actually shouting at times, that my group could not even have a conversation. This ruined our dinner experience and considering the expense, almost $450, it isn't right. I understand the restaurant has little control over how loud people are, but perhaps when there is such a large group, which is bound to be loud, there should be a larger buffer zone around their table. I'll give Del Frisco's another chance and I still recommend it, however I don't hold it in quite the high esteem as in the past.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 10/17/2014Virginia was dynamic! Great personality and exceptionally kindSpecial Features:
- Amazing steaks! Maggie was great!!!Kristan903Dined on 10/16/2014I had to keep move my reservation back twice due to a delayed flight into New York. After calling them and explaining my situation, the were very accommodating! My birthday dinner was sooooooo good. Outstanding on every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25 th anniversary spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Couldn't get in a few times while in NYC. Must make reservation a couple of weeks in advance to get a good time. We got a 5 pm slot on Thursday night which I was concerned would be way to early but it worked out fine. Met at the door by name. Seated in a great table by an really knowledgebla and friendly server Eyleea. Wine list was great. We had shrimp remolade paired with Sancere. My husband said he had never tasted anything like it. Next we had the 3 filet mingnons each with a different sauce paired with a light Cabernet. Onion rings and mixed vegetables all while looking out at some literary greAts like simon and shyster. Wonderful. Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid place for business mealWoodieVIPDined on 10/16/2014Solid place for business meal. Dine here for lunch or dinner several times a year. Dependable appetizers and entrees. Loud, but not too loud. Good bar scene for after work drinks. Recommend the chopped chicken salad for lunch.Special Features:
- Business dinner, from out of townLocalVIPDined on 10/15/2014Been here previously a few years back. They do a great job. Steaks were all perfect, very good servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Solidky0ung123Dined on 10/15/2014Always a solid, consistent business lunch and dinner place. Food is quality and doesn't diappoint, its right in the heart of midtown, overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooner52Dined on 10/13/2014Wagyu steak was amazing, Wine was superb and affordable, service by PJ was excellent. He fit in with a great crowd and added to our fun. Great night. Thanks Del Frisco's.Special Features:
- Exactly what I expectedBusinessDinnerVIPDined on 10/13/2014It's a typical touristy, $17 mediocre cocktail serving, 90's steakhouse in New York City. The decor is outdated with purple lighting. Hostesses are wearing all tight fitted black mini dresses. That's what exactly what you should expect in this neighborhood for this price. Service is actually good, but it's just so forced and almost theatrical. The steak was done perfectly but the presentation of it is corny... If you are looking for something classy, effortless elegance, and subtle hospitality, this is not a place for you. If you can afford it, go to Benjamin or Wolfgang instead.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014I was disappointed my food was not hot. The server wanted to take my food back to reheat, but that is not an option that I wanted to take. I never send my food back to the kitchen. The taste of the food was very good. The restaurant was not crowded so it was surprising that my food was cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing !SeabassDined on 10/12/2014As we entered, we were greeted and offered to take our jackets and bags. Much appreciated since we had just done some shopping. We got a table upstairs with a nice view and we loved it. Our waiter was very nice and helpful giving us clear and exact information. We ordered a the filet mignon trio and the 8oz filet mignon. Both were simply amazing and perfectly cooked. We had the lemon cake and the butterscotch cheesecake for desert. Thew were both to die for ! We strongly recommend Del Frisco's and we will be back to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMcguirjDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I went to Del Friscos in NYC for our anniversary dinner. We never have a bad meal. The steaks were great, cooked to order. Service was the best. Our waitress, Kate, took great care of us and always answered our questions with a genuine smile. All in all, great dinner celebrating our special occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no value for moneymickDined on 10/12/2014too expensive when compared with similar restaurants
- FlavorfulBhatzDined on 10/11/2014Great place for a Saturday night but quality of meat is sub par. Wine list was impressive.Special Features:
- Best filet everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I try to go to Del Frisco's every time we are in the City. We think the filets are the best we've ever had. The service is first-rate. The perfect place for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great at the outset-got much worsejscan1022Dined on 10/9/2014Husband & I chose DF for a high quality dining experience after a fun evening in the city. We had a reserv & were seated in a timely fashion eventhough the place was packed to the gills. Service was good, bread & wine came out expediently, then our salads as well that we're exceptional-then we waited...and waited...and waited. It was over an hour & 15 mins before our entree came to table. Most of the rest was clearing out by that time. The steak was nothing special and somewhat over cooked & my scallops were dry & over cooked for sure. NOT the high quality dinner we have EVER gotten at DF. VERY disappointed. It seems b/c we are not 'complainers' we were shuffled to the back end of all the other diners. Def not worth the $.Special Features:
- Good not amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014My New York strip was tougher than I expected. Make sure you're seated upstairs along the balcony!Special Features:
- THE BESTINLOVEDined on 10/9/2014AS USUAL, THE TOTAL EXPERIENCE WAS FIRST CLASS. THE SERVICE, THE FOOD, THE WINE WERE SUPERB. I WAS ESPECIALLY PLEASED WITH THE KNOWLEDGE AND FRIENDLINESS OF THE WINE STEWART AND THE WAITERS. I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS RESTAURANT AND CERTAILY WILL RETURN.Special Features:
- BruinVIPDined on 10/8/2014Amazing steaks and service right in the middle of Manhattan!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Avocado dressing on the Del Salad was amazing! The steak medallions and dressing was delicious - I asked for medium rare, and it was a little rarer than expected, and hence chewier than expected, but delicious none-the-less. I am not picky - but if you are, you might want to be clearer when ordering. Ambiance was nice - but we were seated in a table in the very back corner in an empty part of the restaurant, and hence were not part of the main dining hall.Special Features: