Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://delfriscos.com/
- Phone: 2125755129x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elvis Inniss
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
A midtown classic with sprawling views of the NYC. Located in the heart of Midtown, this steakhouse offers incredible service and great food in a beautiful three level space. Known for having one of the city's best wine lists and bar scenes, Del Frisco's is the perfect place for small groups and parties of up to 80.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City reviews from OpenTable diners
625 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (382)notable wine list (292)good for groups (213)fit for foodies (199)romantic (178)hot spot (167)vibrant bar scene (161)scenic view (126)great for lunch (122)great for outdoor dining (79)neighborhood gem (76)late-night find (57)kid-friendly (20)great for brunch (20)Show More
- MagnificentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014How do you describe an absolutely perfect steakhouse. Steaks are crazy good, lemon cake to die for, fabulous mixed drinks and awesome service. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticShaf1Dined on 8/27/2014I took the family here before a night out in New York. Great food, great atmosphere and awesome service.Special Features:
- I Love Del Frisco'sWaxmanVIPDined on 8/26/2014One of my favorite Steak restaurants due to the great service and ususally great food. I guess every restaurant has a bad day and today, the steak was not up to par, not bad, but just not what I expect at Del frico's. Would have sent it back but It was a business lunch and I did not have time to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse for NYC Power LunchesJacktheDragonDined on 8/26/2014Steaks and Crabcakes are spectacular, great wine selection, good place to talk business. Elegant hostesses, great servers.Special Features:
- First anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We ate here for our anniversary. We were treated with a complimentary champagne toast. Excellent and friendly service. The most delicious steak I ever ate. And at the end of the night, they have us a little banner on our food that said happy anniversary. I don't think I could have asked for a better dinner experience at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnermicheleDined on 8/23/2014My brother and I went for a co-birthday celebration. The food was excellent; our steaks were cooked to perfection. Ambiance and restaurant style was typical midtown expensive steakhouse, not too exciting, but fine. Service was excellent. Wine list was very extensive, drinks were a tad pricier than I think they should have been. Overall great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse, heart of Midtown!BrianFantanaDined on 8/23/2014We arrived for our 7:30 reservation and were greeted delightfully by the hostesses. One took us straight to our table by the window (per request). Great view and people watching! Our server, Alicia, was fantastic (not to mention gorgeous)! We all had steaks that were very delicious, and sides and cocktails that were also up to par with a great fine dining experience. Overall a great time and we will be back whenever in the Big Apple!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceRPK17Dined on 8/22/2014One of the best steakhouses in NYC- a must go. Steak was perfectly cooked and sides were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- igoherealotLovethisplaceDined on 8/22/2014Del Frisco's always have great food with an outstanding wine list. Our table for 7 was in a OK location but very noises. For the first time the service was just OK, normally it is great.Special Features:
- dandyDined on 8/22/2014It was an Awesome experience, food was great an the wait staff was great too. Number one on my list . CandySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best!Foodie0506Dined on 8/22/2014Food was top of the line. The Quality and service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience..ciscokid16Dined on 8/21/2014Eliya was our waitress.. very friendly and accommodating.. the food was great.. I will be going back for future occasions..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing for Meat LoversOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014It is the most wonderful Rib-eye and Strip in New YorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBigDiggityDogDined on 8/20/2014Food was top-knotch, service was prompt and friendly, bar downstair was hopping.Special Features:
- Exactly As I OrderedBWayneDined on 8/20/2014When I made my reservations I put in a request for special table placement. When my party and I arrived at the Restaurant we were taken to a table exactly as requested. The remainder of the evening went exactly to our separate requests for drinks, steaks and all other accompaniments. This all made for a wonderdul evening.Special Features:
- Overrated!LUVFOODTRVLVIPDined on 8/20/2014Poor tuna tartare. Mediocre steaks. Seriously, what is all the hype about? This company has the best hype machine in the business! Sorry!
- Last diner in NYCMicheDined on 8/17/2014At each visit in NYC we spend a diner in Del Frico's and each time we love the food and the ambiance. The meat is wonderful and so are the crab cakes. we will come back!Special Features:
- Great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Very good steaks they cooked them they way we wanted. We had very good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my favorite steak house!JoanneDined on 8/17/2014The BEST steak, as usual. Added plus, have a drink at the bar. The Bartenders are great. Save room for dessert and try the Lemon Cake. The table service can't be beat. Professional and uber-friendly.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysSteviecritchDined on 8/16/2014We've eaten here and other Del Frisco's multiple time. Always excellent!! Get the lemon cake! Nuff said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak We've EVER HadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The service and food was just perfect. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bday TimekandcDined on 8/16/2014It was my Husbands birthday and they could not have been nicer!!! Our steaks were cooked to perfection and all our sides were delicious. We had the luxury of sitting ouside on a beautiful summer night. Our waitress was exceptional, she was pleasant, attentive and very knowledgeable. Del Frisco's is our place for all major family events, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjoanneDined on 8/15/2014The food was amazing and the service even better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks in New York!DavmccannDined on 8/14/2014We have intended to eat here the last few times that we have been in NYC. It never happened. We went on the 14th August 14. It was everything that we hoped for. I had the fillet steak and my wife had the lamb chops. Both were fantastic. The atmosphere was good and the restaurant was full. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- TWO thumbs WAY up!DaddyDined on 8/13/2014Perfect place after a gr8! Play....DAVID you were PRICELESS! & the SUPER young lady that assisted him :( I don't remember her name, but she wore an AWESOME pendant!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Dining ExperienceVacationDinerDined on 8/11/2014While we started out just for diner, we had a dynamic experience. The steaks were incredible, perhaps the best we have ever had... Our server staff was extremely attentive and anticipated our needs well. If you are looking for exceptional food and extraordinary service, Del Frisco's is a great place to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World best RibeyeJairohtoDined on 8/11/2014The meat here is another world, taste awesome, incredible texture, cooked to your point. Recommended rmedium term RibeyeSpecial Features:
- Disappointed a FriendMichaelCDined on 8/10/2014When I'm in NYC, and friend and I always go out for a nice steak dinner. Often, we go to Peter Luger's, but they were booked solid on the day we wanted to go so checked OpenTable and found that Del Frisco's was available. I had ate at the Fort Worth location (which was great) and wanted to show my friend that a Texas steakhouse could compare to Luger's. I was sadly disappointed. I ordered the bone-in ribeye and he ordered the NY strip. My bone-in ribeye was good, but not exceptional. My friend's NY strip was WAY overcooked. (I forget it he ordered it medium rare or medium, but there was barely a hint of pink in the middle.) I tried a bite, and it was one of the toughest steaks I've ever had. I'm never going to live this suggestion down.
- Excellent ExperiencedocsteveoDined on 8/10/2014Great food, great cocktails and great wine list with a great view of the Avenue of the Americas.Special Features:
- ExcellentJB09Dined on 8/9/2014we had a great dinner. I've always loved the signature "double eagle" cutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014As always, service was outdone only by quality of the food. A most enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Best Ever18AnniversaryCoupleDined on 8/8/2014This was one of the BEST steak houses we have ever been to. The food was incredible, service was impeccable, and we loved that staff that weren't even waiting on us took time to stop by and ask if there was anything we needed or wish us a happy anniversary. So happy we chose to celebrate there! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost perfectfillinginthecornersDined on 8/7/2014The triple filet was wonderful. The king crab and gnocchi was spectacular. The lemon cake was almost as good as mom's. The staff was friendly, attentive, enthusiastic, and supremely competent. But it was loud--the staff must all be hoarse by the end of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Three of us ate at Del Frisco's for a special 40th birthday celebration. The food was fantastic. The service was superb. The noise level was fairly high but we dined there during after work happy hour so not unexpected. We were seated in more of a back room that got us away from the highest noise level. We were able to carry on conversations with no difficulty.Special Features:
- Typical NY HustleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2014I took a large group to the restaurant after several in my party who had been there recommended it. I was wary since I was concerned it was really nothing more than an overpriced overhyped restaurant in the heart of Manhattan and I was proven right. While the food was good the atmosphere nice etc., the service was all about rush, rush rush so they can turn the tables over. I also spoke to the server and told her we were not in a rush and she promised not to rush us, ...only to rush us. I really thought that our dinner bill which was obviously known to the server would exceed $2,000 they would have been a little more accommodating. But that's NY for you. Never go back.
- Good but overpricedRafNY1Dined on 8/6/2014Del Friscos is a good steak house. Very good. But pricing themselves at 10-20% over the other steakhouses in the city with the food being no better, just isn't worth it. I went out of convenience because it's next to my client's office. But there is nothing spectacular about the "famous" crab cake and the lobster mac & cheese is better at Capital Grille. It's a very good meal, but I see no reason besides the locale with all the business they get for the prices to be that much higher. Go there on the company card, not on your own dime.
- wiscopamDined on 8/5/2014While very expensive the food was outstanding. We had to do the prix fix as there were 5 of us. But, because we ordered different entrees, salads and desserts we got to taste each others....The service was first class, no rushing us. I would go back again. The pastas to share were amazing....Special Features:
- Rushed, food was thrown at usBigTipperDined on 8/5/2014What can I say. The food was good, nice steaks, though I have had better. It all came way too fast. At the end of our meal, after desert and coffee, even though we still had wine in front of us, they wanted to clear the table and even brought the bill when nobody asked for it. The staff was way too friendly in a fake sort of way. With so many great restaurants to choose from in NYC, I would not go back.
- Ginger HardmanGingerDined on 8/5/2014The overall experience of Del Frisco's was wonderful. From the moment you walk in all the staff (and there is quite a bit of them) are attentive and very friendly. There were six of us for dinner and all loved everything, we all happened to have Filet mignon & Filet medallions all prepared to our liking. Potato's Au gratin, Mashed potatoes, Fresh vegetables, Caesar & Wedge salads, and a delicious Crab cake. The only regret was we had to rush off to a show and didn't have time to try dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Food and service are consistently excellent. Great bar but tough to find a comfortable spot after work towards the end of the work week.Special Features: