Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://delfriscos.com/
- Phone: (212) 575-5129
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elvis Inniss
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
A midtown classic with sprawling views of the NYC. Located in the heart of Midtown, this steakhouse offers incredible service and great food in a beautiful three level space. Known for having one of the city's best wine lists and bar scenes, Del Frisco's is the perfect place for small groups and parties of up to 80.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City reviews from OpenTable diners
603 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (356)notable wine list (268)fit for foodies (232)good for groups (220)hot spot (191)vibrant bar scene (154)romantic (146)scenic view (104)great for lunch (84)neighborhood gem (74)late-night find (67)great for outdoor dining (54)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (20)Show More
- Del Frisco's on the 16thOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014A bit of a wait to be seated. Noisy bu high ceilings help diffuse. Very nice service and food was superb. Selected house cabernet which we had also selected in previous visits. Interesting that label stated 'Del Frisco's' but cork said 'Sullivan'. Just a comment. In any event overall experience was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great nightUStravelerDined on 11/15/2014As usual... Food was great and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the City!AlanKVIPDined on 11/14/2014This place is a class act, it is really appreciated! They go above and beyond to ensure you and your company enjoy themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food, Fantastic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014From the appetizers to dessert, some of the best food we've ever had. We recommend the calamari. Its a best kept secret as it no longer appears on the menu but is still available. The service was second to none. From the hostess that went out of her way to find us that perfect table, to our server who was attentive and very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prototypical NYC Hot Spot - the good kindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014This place is excellent for a dinner, but the ambiance and overall experience beg for a "the night is just beginning" attitude. This is a place you go to after work or to begin the night, and wind up going elsewhere afterward. A tad noisy and with quick, no-frills service. A classic experience that will make you believe you're in New York City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstandingRobbVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had a perfect evening - from the attentive but not overbearing service, quality of food, solid presentation and bold flavors. I look forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding weekend with the familynelbelmemberDined on 11/14/2014Came in for a wedding, had dinner for 6 people. Made reservations online, Walked in with no wait. Service was great and the service was quick. Made it in perfect time to see a play at 8pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodBjornDined on 11/11/2014We ordered, as a starter, crab cakes to share. It was perfect for two persons. The rib was outstanding, just perfectly done. The service was very good in the beginning but at the end , when the restaurant was full of guests, there were much more waiting time and more stressful behavior. Very expensive place but you got value for what you spend.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchViViDined on 11/11/2014'Fabulous' service, food and ambiance. From the time we checked in until the time we left, we were addressed by name and cared for with tremendous attention. Can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2014The food was fantastic as usual. I ordered the business lunch. The medallions were quite small but still very tasty. The wait staff was very attentive. Very nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak of the weekDeliciousDined on 11/9/2014Delicious steak! cooked to perfection. Lobster Mac & Cheese was greatSpecial Features:
- Excellent Steak and Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014We went to NYC to celebrate our anniversary and Del Frisco's was the perfect ending to our trip!! Everything was fantastic, from the first course to the last. The Porterhouse Steak was extremely tender and flavorful, and was cooked to perfection. All of the staff, especially our waiter, were friendly and attentive. My husband and I both agree that dinner at Del Frisco's is a must when we return to NYC!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I went there for my birthday and I couldn't have picked a better restaurant. The staff was upbeat, very attentive and gave excellent recommendations. The food was delicious and I would definitely recommend the Lemon cake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was amazing!TinkNYDined on 11/8/2014And we also really liked the desserts (lemon cake and strawberry cheese cake). Although the steak was fantastic I think it was a little too expensive. What we didnt like: although we had a reservation, we were seated half an hour later...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must experienceCindyDined on 11/8/2014Beautiful dining experience great service. Great food. Especially strawberry cheese cake for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in Radio City areaFyllbVIPDined on 11/8/2014The service is always great. The steaks were wonderful drinks are creativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent. Will go back!HudsonValley109Dined on 11/7/2014Truly outstanding dinner at Del Frisco's this weekend. In 'remarks' section of online reservation, mentioned that we'd be there for my husband's 40th birthday; requested an upstairs booth, if available. Arrived about 10 minutes early, were warmly greeted by hostesses, who wished hubby a happy birthday, and immediately seated us upstairs, in a booth. Service throughout was outstanding: knowledgeable, attentive but not smothering, kept glasses full and the table cleared. The crab cake was the best we've ever had. Lobster mac very rich/heavy, but so delicious. Hubby's steak was one of the best he's ever eaten. Candle-lit strawberry cheesecake slice brought out, on the house. Well worth every penny, and glad we live close enough to return soon!Special Features:
- Lunch before Xmas SpectacularJeanneJDined on 11/7/2014The businessman's lunch special for $36 was wonderful. Filets mingnon with mashed potatoes, great salad, wonderful desert, coupled with a glass of wine. Service was extraordinary. Exceeded my expectations. Will return when I'm the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of the bestLocalfoksDined on 11/5/2014Myself and my wife came to Del Friscos for our Anniversary diner. We have been to most of the top steak houses and fine restaurants in New York to include, the Palm.Frankie and Johnny's,Sparks and Ruth Chris to name a few. Del Friscos served us the best steak we have ever had anywhere. We ordered the 8 Oz filet mignon. The steak was done to perfection and required no condiments. We also ordered the Stone Crabs. Unbelievable! The wine list is the most extensive I ever seen and our waitress,Rebecca was very helpful in assisting us with a great selection. Next time in the city, Del Friscos will always be my first choice for a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Best steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014Once again, Del Frisco's did not disappoint!! Great place to dine for lunch or dinner during the week.Special Features:
- Great Food and AmbienceNYCfoodieDined on 11/5/2014The food at Del Frisco's was excellent. Our table was perfect for a lunch meeting. The only regret that I have is that the food took a long time to come and as it was a business lunch it was a little awkward that we had to wait so long. I would recommend the restaurant to others. The steak was great, as was the Del Frisco's salad.Special Features:
- Best cheesecakeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/3/2014My husband and I had the best cheesecake of our lives for dessert. There is no other cheesecake that can compare. It is so creamy and delicious! Even if you are full after the amazing steak, give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsPossedocDined on 11/3/2014The entire dining experience was first class, from arrival at the front to the end. Service was excellent, attentive and timely. The drinks were very good, the recommendation from the wine list was great. Our party was just 4 people but we all enjoyed the meal tremendously , from appetizer to dessert . My steak was perfectly cooked at medium rare, and very tasty. Overall , it was a fantastic dining experience.Special Features:
- A little DisappointingFormerteacherVIPDined on 11/3/2014I was very much looking forward to eating here, as the last time I was in the area, I saw Al Roker entering. Also, it was very close to SiriusXM where I was headed. Unfortunately, the wrap I had and the french fries weren't very good. Not enough taste and too much salt. My dining companion's hamburger was not done the way she asked. Neither of us complained as the waiter was wonderful and the place was lovely. Don't think I will return, but you never know. Maybe I will give it another chance.Special Features:
- To celebrate the marathonCatyDined on 11/2/2014Great service. The person who served us is called Kore. A esquisita meat, delicious. Everything perfect and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great After-Marathon DinnerdianakDined on 11/2/2014I ran the NYC Marathon, and my family and I had dinner here. We ordered the mushrooms, a special sweet potato casserole, salads, lobster bisque, and the waygu longbone steak, a few filet minons, and cake for desert. I'd recommend them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak after a marathonemg110214Dined on 11/2/2014Del Frisco's probably offer the best steaks available near Times Square in a classy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak dinnerIrishDined on 11/2/2014This is the best dinner we had in New York this weekend and the best we have had anywhere in a long time. We were seated exactly on time, our server Todd was outstanding. The place was beautiful and vibrant. Great wine, bread and crab cake. The ribeye and lobster mac and cheese were phenomenal. Well worth the price.Special Features:
- Let down by old reliable!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Coming from Dallas, my husband loves steak, and Del Frisco's was our go to! We have gone to the NYC location several times since moving to NJ, and found it very equal. But we went Saturday and we were served hard sesame bread, as apposed to the pipping hot, soft delciousness we were spoiled with in the past, the shrimp was smaller then usualy, and the green salad tasted fresh from a bag. To their credit the avacado dressing was delicious as usual! The filet did not let down, and was cooked to perfection. So I guess if you are willing to pay for the meat and good service, we were served well! We will return, as this has been a main stay for 15 years, and hope that this was just an off night!
- Not impressed at all-way overpricedkmal23Dined on 11/1/2014I ate at Del Frisco's on 11/1 and was not impressed. We started with drinks- I got the VIP drink and it was delicious but the deliciousness ended there. I ordered shrimp cocktail ($24) as my app and the presentation was so poor. I was expecting it to come out in a nice martini glass but it came out on an oval shaped plate with sauce smothered on it. Not only was the presentation poor but the quality of the shrimp was horrible. For our side dishes we ordered onion rings(blah), garlic mashed potatoes(okay) and lobster mac and cheese(very good). For my main dish I ordered the Trio Special which includes three pieces of filet with different sauces- the sauces were nothing special. If you are looking for a good steakhouse go to STK or CampagnolaSpecial Features:
- JohnJohn222VIPDined on 11/1/2014Great steak great service and nice ambiance. Lovely placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfoodcriticDined on 11/1/2014Although I expected the bill to run approximately $100/person for the 2 adults and three children in my party - at almost $600 - there wasn't even a hint of a WOW factor. Take my word for it, the filet, for an 8oz piece, was certainly not worth $50. Think about it - that's $100/lb!! There are times when reputable markets/butchers offer prime filet's on sale for less than $10/lb. Ordered a Caesar salad and at $28, I figured it had to be better than mine - not even close. I consider myself a foodie and amateur chef and set the bar very high before walking in the door -- very disappointed.Special Features:
- Good experiencemagmxDined on 11/1/2014I had a great time at the restaurant, is the third time I visit and I am allways satisfied with the food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Ridiculously badNewYorkerDined on 10/31/2014Not sure if the restaurant is relying solely on it's name and / or location, but I found the food at Del Frisco's to be some of the worst I've ever had in the City. Everything seemed overseasoned and over-worked. I don't eat at Applebees or Chiles, but I'd imagine their food to be similar to this. I really don't need 2 huge slices of fatty bacon on top of what should have been a plain garden salad, and the tuna tartare had more heavily flavored sauce than an ice cream sundae. The sweet potatoes had a too sweet crust of granular brown sugar, again adding to the overall impression of "more more more!". To make matter worse i don't think there were any entrees under $47?! You should be ashamed of yourselves. F minus!
- Amazing AgainMattDined on 10/31/2014We thought the first time was a charm but the 2nd time was even more amazing! Will always be our our list of NY stops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/30/2014If you want to eat in a factory, this is the place for you. Everything is mass-produced without regard for the guests.
- Great food--extremely loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Our dinner at Del Frisco's was delicious, but what I remember more than the food was the noise level. I highly do not recommend going with more than 2-3 people. I went with 4 people including myself and could only hear the people right next to me, not across the square table. It was a full house and they had music blasting on top of that. Lots of big groups there, so they were yelling across their large tables to hear each other, which in turn made the restaurant sound much like a football stadium. Also the pathway to any table upstairs seemed poorly planned. We had to squeeze between two large tables to walk to our table (anyone had to do this, these large tables were right in front of the grand staircase).Special Features:
- birthday dinner for wifespark731Dined on 10/29/2014Waiter was amazingly helpful and friendly and managed to be attentive while tending to like 5 large parties and us while training a trainee. Im jot a steak person so Wife and I split a ribeye. Crabcake was expensive for a little lump but it was so good I got over the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchlunch1245Dined on 10/29/2014The food was great! Had the "Business Lunch", portions were great. The steak was cooked perfectly and the cheese cake was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large 2 tier restaurantDinerVIPDined on 10/28/2014Service was good without being overbearing. I had the Crab cake for an appetizer. It was good, but the portion was very small. For my entree I ordered the shrimp scampi. For a NYC steakhouse the price was very reasonable, around $35. It was delicious. My husband had the wedge salad and bone in sirloin. He was happy. The steak was $70. They bring meat to the table and have you check for the right doneness. He had to send his back for an extra minute. They were happy to do it and it was quick. We ate here for a pre theatre dinner and were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.