Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://delfriscos.com/
- Phone: 2125755129x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elvis Inniss
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City
A midtown classic with sprawling views of the NYC. Located in the heart of Midtown, this steakhouse offers incredible service and great food in a beautiful three level space. Known for having one of the city's best wine lists and bar scenes, Del Frisco's is the perfect place for small groups and parties of up to 80.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - New York City reviews from OpenTable diners
600 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (362)notable wine list (270)fit for foodies (219)good for groups (208)hot spot (184)romantic (151)vibrant bar scene (150)scenic view (110)great for lunch (89)neighborhood gem (79)great for outdoor dining (72)late-night find (61)great for brunch (21)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- Outstanding!TillyDined on 10/19/2014Ordered the VIP drink, which I highly recommend. Our waiter was very knowledgeable, and the filet medallions and crème brulee were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what i expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014i order my steak M it was well done hard did not like my food, service was great
- Perfect MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Perfect Medium Rare Ribeye, delicious crabcake, creamy strawberry cheesecakeSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceDartgt426Dined on 10/18/2014Couldn't ask for more everything was perfect! The service was great , drinks were made excellent the whole experience was a 10.Special Features:
- Great food, very noisyctcjDined on 10/18/2014I've been to Del Frisco's several times and I think it's wonderful. The food is great and the service is outstanding. However, on this occasion my party of three was seated right next to a large group of at least twelve people. They were so loud, actually shouting at times, that my group could not even have a conversation. This ruined our dinner experience and considering the expense, almost $450, it isn't right. I understand the restaurant has little control over how loud people are, but perhaps when there is such a large group, which is bound to be loud, there should be a larger buffer zone around their table. I'll give Del Frisco's another chance and I still recommend it, however I don't hold it in quite the high esteem as in the past.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaks! Maggie was great!!!Kristan903Dined on 10/16/2014I had to keep move my reservation back twice due to a delayed flight into New York. After calling them and explaining my situation, the were very accommodating! My birthday dinner was sooooooo good. Outstanding on every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25 th anniversary spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Couldn't get in a few times while in NYC. Must make reservation a couple of weeks in advance to get a good time. We got a 5 pm slot on Thursday night which I was concerned would be way to early but it worked out fine. Met at the door by name. Seated in a great table by an really knowledgebla and friendly server Eyleea. Wine list was great. We had shrimp remolade paired with Sancere. My husband said he had never tasted anything like it. Next we had the 3 filet mingnons each with a different sauce paired with a light Cabernet. Onion rings and mixed vegetables all while looking out at some literary greAts like simon and shyster. Wonderful. Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid place for business mealWoodieVIPDined on 10/16/2014Solid place for business meal. Dine here for lunch or dinner several times a year. Dependable appetizers and entrees. Loud, but not too loud. Good bar scene for after work drinks. Recommend the chopped chicken salad for lunch.Special Features:
- Business dinner, from out of townLocalVIPDined on 10/15/2014Been here previously a few years back. They do a great job. Steaks were all perfect, very good servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Solidky0ung123Dined on 10/15/2014Always a solid, consistent business lunch and dinner place. Food is quality and doesn't diappoint, its right in the heart of midtown, overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooner52Dined on 10/13/2014Wagyu steak was amazing, Wine was superb and affordable, service by PJ was excellent. He fit in with a great crowd and added to our fun. Great night. Thanks Del Frisco's.Special Features:
- Exactly what I expectedBusinessDinnerVIPDined on 10/13/2014It's a typical touristy, $17 mediocre cocktail serving, 90's steakhouse in New York City. The decor is outdated with purple lighting. Hostesses are wearing all tight fitted black mini dresses. That's what exactly what you should expect in this neighborhood for this price. Service is actually good, but it's just so forced and almost theatrical. The steak was done perfectly but the presentation of it is corny... If you are looking for something classy, effortless elegance, and subtle hospitality, this is not a place for you. If you can afford it, go to Benjamin or Wolfgang instead.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014I was disappointed my food was not hot. The server wanted to take my food back to reheat, but that is not an option that I wanted to take. I never send my food back to the kitchen. The taste of the food was very good. The restaurant was not crowded so it was surprising that my food was cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing !SeabassDined on 10/12/2014As we entered, we were greeted and offered to take our jackets and bags. Much appreciated since we had just done some shopping. We got a table upstairs with a nice view and we loved it. Our waiter was very nice and helpful giving us clear and exact information. We ordered a the filet mignon trio and the 8oz filet mignon. Both were simply amazing and perfectly cooked. We had the lemon cake and the butterscotch cheesecake for desert. Thew were both to die for ! We strongly recommend Del Frisco's and we will be back to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMcguirjDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I went to Del Friscos in NYC for our anniversary dinner. We never have a bad meal. The steaks were great, cooked to order. Service was the best. Our waitress, Kate, took great care of us and always answered our questions with a genuine smile. All in all, great dinner celebrating our special occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no value for moneymickDined on 10/12/2014too expensive when compared with similar restaurants
- FlavorfulBhatzDined on 10/11/2014Great place for a Saturday night but quality of meat is sub par. Wine list was impressive.Special Features:
- Best filet everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I try to go to Del Frisco's every time we are in the City. We think the filets are the best we've ever had. The service is first-rate. The perfect place for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great at the outset-got much worsejscan1022Dined on 10/9/2014Husband & I chose DF for a high quality dining experience after a fun evening in the city. We had a reserv & were seated in a timely fashion eventhough the place was packed to the gills. Service was good, bread & wine came out expediently, then our salads as well that we're exceptional-then we waited...and waited...and waited. It was over an hour & 15 mins before our entree came to table. Most of the rest was clearing out by that time. The steak was nothing special and somewhat over cooked & my scallops were dry & over cooked for sure. NOT the high quality dinner we have EVER gotten at DF. VERY disappointed. It seems b/c we are not 'complainers' we were shuffled to the back end of all the other diners. Def not worth the $.Special Features:
- Good not amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014My New York strip was tougher than I expected. Make sure you're seated upstairs along the balcony!Special Features:
- THE BESTINLOVEDined on 10/9/2014AS USUAL, THE TOTAL EXPERIENCE WAS FIRST CLASS. THE SERVICE, THE FOOD, THE WINE WERE SUPERB. I WAS ESPECIALLY PLEASED WITH THE KNOWLEDGE AND FRIENDLINESS OF THE WINE STEWART AND THE WAITERS. I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS RESTAURANT AND CERTAILY WILL RETURN.Special Features:
- BruinVIPDined on 10/8/2014Amazing steaks and service right in the middle of Manhattan!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Avocado dressing on the Del Salad was amazing! The steak medallions and dressing was delicious - I asked for medium rare, and it was a little rarer than expected, and hence chewier than expected, but delicious none-the-less. I am not picky - but if you are, you might want to be clearer when ordering. Ambiance was nice - but we were seated in a table in the very back corner in an empty part of the restaurant, and hence were not part of the main dining hall.Special Features:
- Excellence AchievedSeahawksFanDined on 10/7/2014The pre-dinner drinks in the bar were well prepared by the mixologist tending the bar. I recommend their signature VIP cocktail, pineapple infused vodka! Now for dinner; aside from being out of my first choice, the Wagyu beef tomahawk steak (I wanted 4 days of leftovers and not just 2 LOL) the bone in prime rib was cooked and spiced to perfection. The potatoes au gratin side was wonderful and a plentiful serving. The recommended wine complemented the meal perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY Disappointed and EmbarrassedLUV2DINEDined on 10/7/2014We took our buyer to dinner and had to send back 3 drinks (among us) Waited forever for food…noise was SO loud that sitting next to each other in a booth we we screaming and STILL could not hear. The bone- in Ribeye that I had was not good, tough and if I was not with our buyer would have sent it back. SHOCKED that at$69.00 for a steak you would charge for a little dish of Bearnaise? Petty…. This used to be one of my favorite steak houses but I am canceling my reservation for next week with another buyer…already told her how bad it was! World does get around. This is so sad…and the prices are insane ontop of it…if the food and drinks lived up to the prices it would not have been so bad…I was EMBARRASED.
- Food was Deliciousjrm1750Dined on 10/7/2014The crabcakes were recommended and were very good. I had the Ribeye and it was melt in yout mouth delicious. The Mashed sweet potatoes were terrific. Service was excellent. Several people stopped by to check how we were doing and our waiter Matt was very knowledgeable and helpful. One of the best steakhouses i've visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent place to spend $250 on lunchSeanVIPDined on 10/7/2014Places like this exist because of expense accounts - no secret - but you do get great food and service for your money. One of the steaks came back slightly more well done than expected and they already had a second in the oven before we could even turn it down.Special Features:
- 5 starsupscalecountryDined on 10/6/2014A 5 star restaurant suitable for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014For a perfectly cooked steak, that has amazing flavour and has been rested to perfection, this is a must. The meat is prepared and cooked to ensure that the quality of the meat speaks for itself. The friendly and knowledgeable staff are superb at recommending a great wine to pair with your meal. The steak is definitely the highlight and makes Del Frisco's a must for anyone who can appreciate high quality cuts.Special Features:
- Very good...great steak!DJBNYCDined on 10/5/2014Del Frisco's is very good for special occasions. The steaks are great and the prices reflect that. The space is impressive and layout allows for conversation without shouting. The wine list is huge so give yourself some time to page thru or ask for help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendlyAlanKVIPDined on 10/5/2014In all regards, each person is extremely friendly and professional. The food was excellent as usual. Thanks! AlanSpecial Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Went for my wife's Birthday with some friends, service was excellent, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable DiningkatesplateDined on 10/4/2014Having never been to New York City, we wanted to dine at a noted steak house and we found it!!! The wine list was extensive and we weren't disappointed. The food was awesome……from the homemade bread served immediately to the dessert that we enjoyed immensely. The steaks are out of this world and couple that with the ambiance…..it was a memorable evening for us!Special Features:
- Another excellent experienceButchVIPDined on 10/4/2014As always, the staff at Del's continues to perform to our expectations. Dinner before theatre with my being crutches could have been a problem, but staff read my 'Open table reservation request note' and accommodated us. The dinner was superb, the service "A-1", and the VIP cocktails are a drinkers dream. We've always enjoyed Del Frisco, whether in Las Vegas, Boston or Santa Monica...Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- golfgrlDined on 10/3/2014It's been quite a few years since I've been to Del Frisco's, and it's still a great place. They have the best crab cakes EVER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Love this place the food is always excellent and the service with a great wine list. Only complaint is noise levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014every steakhouse needs to be compared to the excellence of Del Frisco's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rave Review1SteakloverDined on 10/2/2014The food was scrumptious. The customer service was excellent. Anyone who is a steak lover, I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best steakhousesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014one of the best steakhouses in NYC. the service is excellent. the steak is great. i would recommend Del Frisco to family and friends that want an excellent steak and excellent service!!Special Features:
- Outstanding Experience EverytimeTraveldinerDined on 9/30/2014I've been to Del Frisco's on a few occasions with various numbers of people. Regardless of the size of our party they have always accommodated beyond expectations. The Steaks are always superb. The wait staff is a cut above with regard to professionalism, accommodation, and their knowledge of the selections and associated recommendations are spot on. There are many great Steak houses in NYC but I never go wrong with Del Frisco's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.