Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - Ft. Worth
812 Main Street
Ft. Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - Ft. Worth
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscos.com/
- Phone: 8178773999x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens daily at 4:30 for cocktails
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm- 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Felli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House is the ideal place to host it! We offer five private rooms; The Fort Worth Room, The Sports Room, The Wine Room, The Wheat Room, and The Syndicate Room. There is no charge for the rooms *. There are a variety of set menus available upon request, and we can arrange any audio/visual requirements you may desire.
- Special Events:
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - Ft. Worth
The cornerstone of Del Frisco's cuisine is USDA Prime Beef and Australian Cold Water Lobster Tail. We also offer outstanding appetizers, fresh seafood, fresh vegetables and side dishes served family-style. Our bread, salad dressings, sauces and specialty desserts are all made from scratch daily from traditional recipes. Del Frisco’s is a perfect marriage of quality products and technique. Upbeat, friendly, personalized service is our forte. Del Frisco’s boasts an elegant atmosphere perfectly complimented with southern style hospitality and an award winning wine list. If fine wine is your pleasure our Sommelier will assist you in a selection from our extensive collection. We are very proud to have been awarded the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence from 2000-2010. Our wine list spans the globe with over 1400 selections to choose from.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - Ft. Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse - Ft. Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (228)notable wine list (143)romantic (126)fit for foodies (70)good for groups (59)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Not as good as beforeRDRoDined on 8/25/2014Good but missed mark this time - food ok, service ok - should do better - need to enforce dress code.
- Steak & Potatoes? Yes, pleaseHobsterDined on 8/25/2014Excellent steak! The potatoes had a delicious "bite" from the pinch of cayenne pepper. (I think I found a new way to prepare mashed potatoes!) The DFW Restaurant Week menu also included a squash/zucchini side dish, which was just average. The restaurant has a rustic feel with dark wood paneling. The music rotated between Sinatra, jazz, and classic rock. We went during DFW Restaurant week. We also saw that Del Frisco had a fixed price menu for other items. For that reason, we'll check them out again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicerrhodewDined on 8/25/2014All courses are excellent and don't hesitate to adjust if you so wish. Service is always attentive, friendly and responsive. I love this place for special events and routine dining.Special Features:
- Great Steaks and wineCaptainDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant was nicely appointed and the service was exceptional. The wine list is quite extensive with a large array of wines available. The cocktails were great as was the beer list. Wish there was more local beer but it was respectable. The calimari was fantastic as was the fillet minon. The Mac N Cheese was orginal and tasty. The Ceasar Salad was the best that I have had in DFW. Ask for extra anchovies they will bring you some. My only disappointment was the prime rib. To me it was not like any prime rib I had ever had. Reminded me of a london broil more than a prime rib. I was disappointed in it actually. But the other steaks on the menu looked fabulous. The bone in rib eyes are to die for. Cheese cake AwesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngieDined on 8/23/2014Couldn't ask for better service. Excellent wedge salad. Excellent ribeye. potatoes and spinach were good but not special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Del Frisco's always has excellent food and outstanding service. It is indeed a 5 star restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMarineO5Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I go to Del Frisco's for our anniversary dinners. The service, food and ambiance make it a stress-free event. Consistently good food always brings us back. Highly recommend Del Frisco's Double Eagle for social or business meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014We had Jim as our server Friday evening. He did a fantastic job! Very personable and represented Del Frisco's well! It was my first time dining at Del Frisco's and it exceeded all expectations. Amazing food and wonderful service!Special Features:
- Great meal!My55Dined on 8/21/2014The manager Jarod took us down to the wine cellar for a tour and gave us the history of Del Friscos's. That along with a great meal was the highlight of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JLTXDined on 8/19/2014Nothing more to say, the food was great, the service was great, the atmosphere was great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014My wife and I had a wonderful evening with great food, good wine and great service.Special Features:
- Always our favoriteCookieDined on 8/17/2014We never tire of Del Frisco's, even with all the new places in town to try. We always come back to our favorite!Special Features:
- Perfect for AnniversaryKoalakidDined on 8/17/2014We decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Del Frisco's in Fort Worth. We arrived a little early and were warmly greeted and seated at the bar. The restaurant was smaller than we expected. It was elegant without being snooty. The servers were attentive without hovering. They had a server who was dedicated to making sure no one waited on beverages, which was good because the glasses were small. The bread was amazing. My steak was perfection. The extremely hot plate on which it was served kept it warm throughout the meal. It also seemed to continue cooking, so next time I may order mine a little more rare to start. They gave us complimentary dessert for our anniversary. It was a little loud at times, but not obnoxious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleJJ35Dined on 8/16/2014Always an amazing experience at Del Frisco's. They always make us feel as if we are the only ones in the restaurant. The food, service, and entire evening out there is never less than stellar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Had an early dinner on a Saturday night. Promptly seated. Good service by the wait staff. Food met expectations, which were high. The dining room was full and I found it crowded. It was unpleasantly noisy.Special Features:
- Del Frisco's Restaurant WeekluluDined on 8/16/2014This is a great steakhouse - my steak was perfectly cooked and was extremely tender! The house salad was average, the bread and chateau potatoes were delicious but I wouldn't bother with the mixed vegetables - they were watery and there was a funky tasting seasoning on them. I tasted my husband's banana bread pudding and it was good but I was disappointed with my cheesecake. It had an overly smooth mousse type texture that I don't associate with cheesecake. Our service was outstanding! We went to Del Frisco's for steak so we were overall very pleased with our meal.Special Features:
- There is no equal to Del Frisco'sSharenDined on 8/15/2014The food, service and atmosphere is impeccable as always. They also have a lovely terrace for a little dining al fresco.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent in every category ---- food, service and ambiance. Lovely way to spend an evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the normTexasgirlDined on 8/14/2014This is one of our favorite places to go but this week was horrible. From the inability of the server to split a bottle of wine between 2 checks, four of six of our dinners came out wrong, checks were brought before we ordered dessert and then no one was given the right to go box. One person helping our table even made a comment only one girl at the table was sweet. Not one of us blinks an eye to spend money on food or wine but we expect service. This was a really bad night and not the norm. I'm still not sure when we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexasGurlDined on 8/14/2014After having gone to the Del Frisco's in Dallas, the location in Fort Worth was a bit of a disappointment. The location in Dallas has better service and the food tastes better.Special Features:
- TxFoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great food and waiter as well as manager. Enjoyed our experience and food.Special Features:
- Great!bucsDined on 8/14/2014We always have great service and great food! They don't know how to serve any other way than great!Special Features:
- Elaine is back!BethanyDined on 8/14/2014Elaine is, hands down, one of the best server's we've ever had! Must orders: VIP Martini, Crab Cake, and Lemon Cake. Steaks are really good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbDoxie2Dined on 8/13/2014Our dining experience was 5 star, food & service were excellent. Really enjoyed sharing Restaurant Week with some great friends here.Special Features:
- Pretty goodscheff6Dined on 8/12/2014We came during Restaurant Week. The waitstaff seemed stressed and maybe short staffed. My steak was over cooked a little, but it felt like it had been under the warmer for a really long time. It was unnaturally hot. Normally the dessert is to die for, but my bread pudding was dry and lacking. This is my 4th year to come to DFs during RW. It is normally spot on! I rave to others. I can't afford to come during the rest of the year. It was a fun experience, but I found myself wanting to try a new place next year:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Frisco's restaurant week, 8/14rawreviewDined on 8/11/2014The people at Del Frisco's in Ft. Worth make you feel welcome from the moment you step out of your car and into the restaurant's door. The valet drivers are courteous. The ladies at reception are friendly and cheerful. The waiters are very attentive without being intrusive (Deshawn - you Rock!) and my water glass was never empty. The atmosphere of Del Frisco's is lively, yet intimate enough for a couple to enjoy each other's company. The food is tremendously delicious - almost goes without saying! My wife and I came in for the Restaurant Week special and we both had the 6 oz. Filet Mignon - cooked to perfection! Go to Del Frisco's if you want a first class meal and a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014Overall a very good experience. Food was amazing, however service was less than expected. Started out great, however once it was determined we were there for Restaurant Week it went downhill with our waiter. The other staff were excellent, but our waiter disappeared and did not return till dessert. Surprisingly with the special menu they have going there was very little difference in price from Restaurant Week, so I am not sure why the change in service. My friend had been there two weeks prior and could not say enough about the service and the restaurant so it was disappointing to not have the same experience. However, I would definitely return and plan on recommending to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply beautiful!CarolBDined on 8/11/2014We were seated fairly promptly even though it was very crowded. Waitstaff was courteous and well-informed regarding food choices. Our filets were out of this world, and the crab cakes were THE best I've ever had. We don 't drink, but the wine choices were exceptional. We'll go back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlobalDinerDentonDined on 8/9/2014After attending and holding many sessions at the Dallas DelFriso's, I was really looking forward to my friends taking me to the Ft.Worth One which they always bragged about. Server was a screw-up, the wine was marginally bad and he knew it and blew us off. Multiple orders were screwed up and the bill among our three couples was a mess. We did not get rushed thru the process, but between each services was a 10-15 minute pause/void. I am sure this the experience we had here for restaurant week was not representative of their reputation.Special Features:
- First Time for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We were celebrating our daughters 17th birthday and it was the first time dinning there. The atmosphere was fun the food was exceptional and our waitress complemented the whole experience. It's become an instant family favorite. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksBunnyKnowzVIPDined on 8/9/2014We don't live in Ft. Worth, and trying a new rez out of town can be risky, but in this case it paid off! Both of our servers were excellent, the steaks, sides, and cocktails/champagne were all a delight. I ordered off the prix fixe menu and thought my Caesar salad was good, though nothing standout. The filet was perfectly cooked and had a beautiful crust. The chateau potatoes were very good, as were the sautéed mushrooms. The real star of my plate, however, was the two scallops in a lemon beurre blanc with fried capers! My husband also ordered off the prix fixe but upgraded his steak to the 22oz bone-in strip. It was by far the best strip I have ever tried and he echoed my opinion. They also brought him a complimentary cheesecake. LovelySpecial Features:
- Double Eagle - Double DeliciousBRR59Dined on 8/8/2014Great steak, sides, wine and dessert. Waiters stay too long at your table but overall the service and ambience - very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Making occasions specialbrownieloverDined on 8/8/2014First, it's located in downtown Ft. Worth which gives character all it's own. The entrees are cooked to your liking. Save room for the fluffy, light, lemon cake at the end. It will be worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterdisappointeddinerDined on 8/6/2014Waited past our reservation time & then got the worst table in the place, right off the kitchen. It was so loud we could barely here across the table. Got moved upstairs, much better! Food was good but if you charge $100+ for a lobster tail, don't overcook it!! Ours was chewy & tough. Not impressed for the $$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CustomerDined on 8/5/2014Was another great meal at Del Frisco's. I have had better steaks there than this one this time but they have set the bar for what to expect there very high so a very good steak here is an excellent steak at other places. Tried the calamari this time and it was the best I have had. Once again, always a great meal. And service is excellentSpecial Features:
- Del Frisco'sBigDaddyDined on 8/5/2014Awesome steaks combined with world class wine list. Truly exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A date with my wife of 33 yearsESP1Dined on 8/3/2014The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing for a Sunday afternoon after a short play down the street. The food was superb, filling and cooked to order. The hostess and wait staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!CrowDined on 8/2/2014Food was delicious and service was impeccable! We always enjoy dining at Del Frisco's. They make you feel special.Special Features:
- RmorganDined on 8/2/2014We live in Northeast Texas. August 2013 we came to Ft. Worth for the weekend along with another couple to celebrate our Aug 1st and Aug 4th anniversaries. We had such a good time we decided to do it again last weekend. We went to Del Frisco's again on the Saturday night of the weekend. The food, service and atmosphere was incredible again!!!! I hope we do not have to wait a year for our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would not recommendFoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014The service was good but not great. We were seated at 9:15 and out of the restaurant by a little after 11 with three courses, champagne cocktail and wine. So I would say the pace was rushed at the end and we felt we had to rush through our wine. The issue however was the food. My filet was over salted and the macaroni and cheese was one of the worst overcooked heavy yet flavorless versions I have ever eaten! We also had the crab cake which was just okay. The spinach tasted like it had too much nutmeg or some other spice with a sweet note. We did not order dessert after the disappointing food. We eat out a lot! This was the only time I have ever complained about food. We walke out in under two hours for $350.00.