Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago
58 East Oak Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://delfriscos.com/chicago-details.php
- Phone: 3128882499x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri:11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Mon-Fri:3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday:5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday:5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jim Teutemacher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago
Located in the heart of Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood, Del Frisco's occupies three floors of the former Esquire Theater. The restaurant features stunning interiors that preserve the landmark theater's historic architectural elements and simultaneously offers guests a modern yet inviting environment. Guests can choose from a variety of dining spaces and will have ample options for private and semi-private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (169)notable wine list (158)romantic (105)good for groups (105)fit for foodies (93)hot spot (79)vibrant bar scene (58)neighborhood gem (51)scenic view (44)great for outdoor dining (36)late-night find (25)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (6)Show More
- great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Food was great, service was great, music too loud, room temperature too cold. Would have given 5 stars, but for the noise level. [I'm always cold, so the room temperature may not have bothered everyone)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014The prime ribeye was absolutely fabulous. It was cooked to perfection and well seasoned.Special Features:
- Delicious!MmmmfoodDined on 10/12/2014The food was amazing and the service was fantastic! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-phrenetic environmentPastalvrDined on 10/11/2014The food from appetizers to entrées to desert was excellent. The wait staff was constantly mingling and conferring with each other right in front of our table so it was very distracting and disruptive throughout the meal. The noise level was very high and between the waitstaff talking at our table all evening and the large groups it was nearly impossible to have a conversation over dinner. Very frustrating experience because the food was so good.
- GREAT CHOICE!EatRoyallyDined on 10/11/2014Great choice for any occasion! My wife and I went for our 4 year wedding anniversary and were blown away. We were greeted at our table with a Happy Anniversary card. Nice touch. The cocktails were exceptional and the wine list was fit for any wine enthusiast. The food was really good. We both enjoyed the lobster mac & cheese and the calamari. Our waitress, Ashley, was knowledgeable and very pleasant. And despite being and having no room for dessert they gave us a slice of cheesecake with four candles to take home. Great experience. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerdfsouthsideDined on 10/8/2014Loved it. Would go again. Had the filet steak trio. All 3 were delicious. Had the VIP and the black berry cocktails. The cheese steak egg rolls were tasty. Our server was excellent.Special Features:
- nashdashVIPDined on 10/7/2014Ate lunch last week. Service, food and ambience were all very nice. Definitely would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dallas is betterBatonwaverVIPDined on 10/6/2014Overpriced and not worth the trip. Go to the Rosebud Steakhouse for a better experience.
- Gr8TimeDined on 10/5/2014Great overall service, excellent peppered flavor on the Filet, just thought the medallion special was a little overpriced considering. Experience was good and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty fareHarpsichordDined on 10/4/2014I had a ribeye, my girlfriend fish. Neither of us liked our entrees. She felt her fish wasn't firm enough. My steak was so salty I couldn't taste the actual meat. Did like atmosphere and had a great drink.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding!CHICagoDINEDined on 10/3/2014We went here for my boyfriend's birthday, and it was the perfect choice! The steak was amazing and cut like butter, but we both couldn't stop raving about the lobster mac and cheese... believe me when I say it is an absolute MUST! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayMKayDined on 10/1/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday and the setting was nice. Ppeople were conversing and it was nice. The lobster bisque was wonderfully made. I ordered the filet Mignon, well done and cut down the middle but it tasted a little burned and crunchy on the outside. I have definitely had better steak, but our waiter was great! The only problem I had was with the girl in the front who told me that I had to pay for my drink at the bar before she took us to our table. That was very rude because I shouldn't have to pay right away if I'm in the middle of a conversation because she said I had to. Service wasn't the best. Word of advice, don't tell the customer what they should do, let them tell you what they want!Special Features:
- Good Food, Poor ServicechicagosocialiteDined on 9/30/2014I've been to this restaurant a few times but this time was disheartening. I'm always invited here for business meetings & service at all times prior has been always mediocre but the food is great! This visit, my server stereotyped my party & did not offer the same level of service to my party as she did her other tables- I observed her being nice and smiley with her other customers. I felt that it was because we were African American and her own personal biases. She made a comment asking if we were going to share one entree---I laughed and told her no. She continued to rush us through ordering. Lastly, for dessert, she held menus up in front of us (to our faces) instead of laying them on the table as she did her other guest. Sad-it's 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed againrepeatcustomerVIPDined on 9/30/2014Aged bone in strip was tough and flavorless. This is the 2nd time I have had this same experienceSpecial Features:
- Great nighttluvfoodDined on 9/27/2014Very exiting restaurant, even though it was a large restaurant, it had a lot of energy. Outdoor patio was great, nice view. Food and wine choice was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality is always importantTiffanyVIPDined on 9/20/2014I dined on a very busy Saturday night which is okay with me. I did not mind the crowd and I had reservations. I was very disappointed in the the taste of the food and the service recieved. I feel as if the quality of the food and service was lacking due to how busy the resturant was at the time.Special Features:
- greatHandiRandyDined on 9/20/2014We had a group of 5 guys and we all loved it. The food was phenomenal and the service even better. I am in a wheelchair with some motor function difficulties, without me asking even they asked if I wanted my steak cut up. That was a great gesture and one I definitely took them up on. The only thing I'll say is that when they take away your food be sure to ask for it to be wrapped up, I didn't and I had no leftovers to enjoy. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- perfect eveningkimpossibleDined on 9/19/2014this is my new favorite place in city for just a drink, appetizers, or sit down dinner. It will not disappoint!Special Features:
- great restaurantggg5050Dined on 9/19/2014this is a a beautiful restaurant with great service and food. expensive for what you get , but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- Favorite Steak House in ChicagoTomSVIPDined on 9/18/2014I have eaten at many steam places un Chicago and ha e struggled to say which one is my favorite sin e The Chucago Cop House went downhill. I will definitely mark Del Frisco's as my favorite. I had the best Bone-in Strip ever and the service was outstanding. Our waitrr Colten was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living on its Zagat's reviewPegHDined on 9/18/2014Too crowded. Food just okay. Ridiculous to request that reviews be of a minimum length.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2014I love this place and often recommend to friends and business clients. The service is outstanding and professional and the food is the best in the city.....love it...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014Sophisticated and elegant decor; great menu selection; huge wine list, and attentive, knowledgable serviceSpecial Features:
- Great serviceAKJ93Dined on 9/14/2014The service here was amazing! I was celebrating my birthday and they had a birthday card for me when I arrived !! I love the personal touches... my downside was that every vegetable is.cooked in bacon so we didn't even get a side and I was so looking forward to a great brussel sprout. I had the crab cake it was pretty good but not spectacular. The accompanying item was a pasta that was pretty undercooked and a little bland. I asked for a substitute side that didn't come so I was a bit bummed but the molten chocolate cake was AMAZING! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOvercookedVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food was very good. My family had a very nice timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wineLibbyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Best steaks in town but by far the best wine list.Special Features:
- SurprisemvkcDined on 9/12/2014I had flown to Chicago to celebrate my daughter's birthday. A friend had told me about the restaurant and I was excited to try it. We were greeted in the entry way by a friendly hostess. Our server, Baroom, was friendly, and very helpful with recommendations. Every bit of our meal was exquisite! We will be dining there again on my next trip!Special Features:
- The best!AmyEdgebrookDined on 9/11/2014We have dined at about 6 of the top steakhouses in town. Hands down, this was the best steak (bone-in ribeye) I've had. Their "doneness" standards may be a bit off from others, so I had to send back for about 2 more minutes. I eat medium (hot pink throughout). First came very dark inside and barely warm to touch. I will clarify that on my next trip there (real soon, I hope). More variety in the sides than most steakhouses, and same with the desserts. Not the usual key lime pie, chocolate molten cake, etc. The restaurant itself is beautiful, 3 stories with wine racks stacked up to all three floors. Lots of wait staff, but they don't bother you. I'm very picky, and this was outstanding. Our dining companion agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 8OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal with excellent service for our larger party of 8. A favorite hard to get wine accompanied great steaks and a very comfortable enviroment.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Service is always great and food is always outstanding. They have almost any bottle of wine you can imagine.Special Features:
- It ain't Vegas!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/9/2014While this is a great restaurant, there are too many better restaurants in Chicago. The Del Frisco's in Dallas and Las Vegas are heads and shoulders above this one. If this is the first Del Frisco's that you go to, don't let it jade you from going to another location. Honestly, Vegas is one of the finest steakhouses on the country. This Chicago store does not hold a candle to it.
- Stunning decorbrneyedladyVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great service and beautiful surroundings make this a special Chicago steak house. We took our if town guests for great steaks and delicious sides, which are so fun and large enough to share. The lobster Mac-n-cheese was a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding!!!RodGDined on 9/7/2014My first trip to Chicago DF will not be my last. All the quality of the Manhattan store plus the friendliest staff of any DF in the country (I've been to all!). We had a wonderful time AND an amazing meal. Thanks!Special Features:
- A classic exemplary steakhousePrimeFoodieDined on 9/7/2014Outstanding service and food. Great wine selection. The Mark of a wonderful steakhouse. Kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great serviceLuv2dineDined on 9/7/2014There wasn't a special occasion, just a family enjoying dinner. Our waiter Dan, was so pleasant and attentive. His outstanding service made our family dinner even more special. I've have been to Del Frisco's before and each time the food and service has been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!FoodieIamNOTDined on 9/6/2014You won't go wrong with Del Frisco's! Steaks were cooked to perfection with great seasoning. I'd never seen a bigger wine list, it was a 20+ page book! Staff was great and was always around but gave you privacy. We will most certainly be back every visit to Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Vibe, Food/Service Just OKSlavetoFoodVIPDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful room, upbeat, on-trend music, room between tables for privacy. Sadly, service was poor, the meal just ok. At nearly $1,000 for a dinner for 8 - two of whom did not drink, we have had better steaks and better meals overall at other classic Chicago steakhouses. They don't unabashedly showcase their meat - instead offering an array of sauces, toppings and "crusts" that mask the flavor. If you're paying $65 for an aged steak, you want to be able to taste the beef! Our enthusiastic but inexperienced waiter didn't know the menu, forgot to ask about soups/salads as he took orders, and spilled red wine all over the table and my glass and NEVER cleaned it up. There are much better steak experiences in ChicagoSpecial Features:
- ExcellentNicoleVIPDined on 9/3/2014Del Frisco's has a great atomosphere. It is a perfect venue to host an event or simply have a dinner for 2. The food is fantastic! We loved the wedge salad, filet, lobster mac & cheese, crab cake and crab legs. I have been to Chicago Cut, Chicago Chop House, Bavette's, Capital Grille, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, etc., but Del Frisco's filet was perfect cooked and seasoned to bring out the natural flavor of the meat.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in ChicagoAriasleoDined on 9/2/2014The best ambiance, food and service in Chicago, I've never been in a better restaurant in the worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine??? They have it.JoAnnaDined on 8/31/2014Wine lovers look no more! This place has ALL of them! When they say they said they have a notable wine list, they were not lying. The list looks like a bible. Other than the wine, the food is fantastic and the side portion are large enough to share. You must try the lobster Mac and cheese. The wait staff is amazing as well. Beautiful bathroom as super clean too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.