Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago
58 East Oak Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://delfriscos.com/chicago-details.php
- Phone: (312) 888-2499
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri:11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Mon-Fri:3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday:5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday:5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jim Teutemacher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago
Located in the heart of Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood, Del Frisco's occupies three floors of the former Esquire Theater. The restaurant features stunning interiors that preserve the landmark theater's historic architectural elements and simultaneously offers guests a modern yet inviting environment. Guests can choose from a variety of dining spaces and will have ample options for private and semi-private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (158)notable wine list (149)good for groups (110)romantic (99)fit for foodies (98)hot spot (75)vibrant bar scene (66)neighborhood gem (47)scenic view (41)great for outdoor dining (29)late-night find (26)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Good food/ambiance/service.OVERPRICEDOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/24/2014Only the Chicago Chop House has shown prices higher than this place. $15 for a small (and I do mean small) lump crabcake? Really? The sauce with it was among the best I've had but c'mon.
- Fabulous!richieDined on 11/23/2014This was our first visit to Del Frisco's and it was fabulous! It was my partner's birthday, and they even gave him a free chocolate soufflé. Our server was Ashley, and she was spot on. We'll definitely be back, and have already told friends about our experience. Top Notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boysnight out!FoodgirlDined on 11/15/2014Booked this place for my husband for a boysnight out. He couldn't have raved more about it! Great food and beautiful place he said. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DancabVIPDined on 11/15/2014Although it wasn't my favorite steakhouse, food was pleasant and service was good. The atmosphere is upbeat and a great place to go with groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Overall Experience and Establishment!!!!FarrahMDined on 11/14/2014I really enjoy Del Frisco, their steaks are very tasty and the lobster mac and cheese is the best I've tasted thus far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was very flavorful and goodshelissarodriguezDined on 11/14/2014Steak was very good; but they are lacking flavor on the side dishes and the chicken. If you are going here solely for steak and no side dishes you are in good shape. The service was excellent, the staff really made you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Poor service!luvfinediningVIPDined on 11/12/2014Food was excellent! Wine was overpriced but great selection! Service was terrible! The server just disappeared. It's too bad a restaurant of that high quality didn't have better servers!!!! Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pushy on wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014The restaurant is lovely, and the food was good, but they were very pushy on wine sales, which is I assume where they make their money.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at its bestFinediningfoodieDined on 11/7/2014This establishment is the ultimate in excellent service! The staff is so attentive! This is the place for special occasions! My wife and I celebrated eleven years together there. The prices are not for anyone on a tight budget. If you are a foodie who enjoys fine dining, I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, WATCH THE PEPPER !OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/6/2014We have been to other Del Frisco's restaurants and to this particular restaurant on one other occasion. This was a Thursday night, 8:30pm and the place was packed. I prefer my steak medium rare and kicked to the rare side....When I do steaks at home I use garlic salt with some pepper, then sear it. I only order NY Strips, prime where available. The steak at Del Frisco's was perfectly prepared EXCEPT....heavy on the Sea Salt and PEPPER. The first few bites were good, good flavor, then the pepper hit...wow...I couldn't finish the steak..tried but I don't like spicy food....SO, I highly recommend any of the Del Frisco restaurants, just be sure to tell them how you like the spice on your steak..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014It was very noise for a meeting, but otherwise it has a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food was AmazingRachDined on 11/4/2014The food was absolutely wonderful. We had the spicy calamari to start and I could have eaten that for the meal. The steaks and lamb were prepared perfectly. The staff could not have been more helpful and attentive. Absolutely recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful ambiance - meal not hotDenisevDined on 11/4/2014As one of the hosts for a business lunch, I absolutely loved the ambiance! The facility was not overbooked and the noise level was such that a conversation was easily heard at the table with just enough music playing in the background to drown out the conversations taking place at nearby tables. Our waiter was exceptional. He clearly explained the drink selection, menu and was attentive throughout without being overbearing. As a well known steak house, I was disappointed that my filet was cool (not cold, but not hot or warm). As we were limited on time, I chose to consume rather than return the filet. Regardless of the temperature, it was delicious! I bet it would have made my 'perfect cut' list had it been served.Special Features:
- Amazing SteakDanRSouthJerseyDined on 11/3/2014Although I would normally take my work team to Gibson's when in Chicago, we couldn't get a table. I have had great meals at Del Frisco's in Philadelphia so I figured Del Frisco's in Chicago was a good bet. And it absolutely was. 22oz Bone-In Ribeye cooked to medium rare perfection.Special Features:
- Very nice & classyPete321VIPDined on 11/3/2014This event was for a business dinner. Food was awesome. Most of the group had steaks, but I had Tuna and it was superb. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerScorpio1031Dined on 11/2/2014The food was amazing and my server was outstanding will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was good but they have crammed a lot of tables into this restaurant. The waiter forgot one of the items we ordered and disappeared for a while after he dropped off the check. A man behind us had food spilled down his back after a bus boy and a waiter collided. The tables are too close together. If I'm paying $40 for a steak the service should be better.Special Features:
- Not very good when busyDrgeorgeVIPDined on 11/1/2014I arrived with reservations alone to celebrate my birthday and waited an hour for a table. Very few apologies or any comp. Once I got to the table I was afraid I would be ignored because everyone seemed too busy to give quality service. Two managers passed by and didn't even acknowledge me. Pretty sad. My bar tab was transferred to the table and the bartender came to find me and admonish me that "we don't do that". I told him I was pretty drained from the poor service and he said "ok- BUT for future reference don't do it again"--sad. One bright spot- my server recognized my angst and tried to be friendly and offered birthday cake- great job! Nevertheless for a $185.00 late dinner --I am a disappointed foodie.
- wonderful place for dinnerTammyVIPDined on 11/1/2014The waiter was terrific and the food and wine was outstanding. Expensive but it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerP03tJyM5Dined on 11/1/2014The food was amazing. The service was very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Top notch!Special Features:
- DeliciousBritBDined on 10/31/2014Great food and great service!! We had the calamari(excellent) for an appetizer. For dinner we gad asparagus, ribeye, filet medallion and lobster mashed potatoes which was delicious. Will def be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouseoedfromphilaDined on 10/31/2014The regional manager (Richie) will do whatever it takes to guarantee you have the best experience possible. The food is fabulous. The staff is grade A prime. Don't like something ( hard to imagine) they will fix it. They even got me bread from a local vendor when I asked when making my reservation. This place will soon be known as the best steakhouse in chi town. Del Frisco's at the esquire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014The ribeye melts in your mouth. My friend, Who had the triple filet, also said that his meal was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and SidesRelaxedDined on 10/27/2014There are a lot of great steakhouses in Chicago, but for consistently great red meat, this is my favorite. Great sides and salads, and the wine list is excellent and has choices in all price ranges.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceapplernDined on 10/25/2014located in the heart of Oak street! Great for after work drinks or special occasion. Food was great, but be careful with the lamb, it was good but had too much fat pieces. I would attend again though!Special Features:
- Amazing.cnj10Dined on 10/25/2014The staff provided us with an unforgettable experience! Could not have had better service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014Great all the way around. Was very impressed with the wine list and selection. Servers were everywhere like a great old school steak house without the dimly lite decor.Special Features:
- AlineDined on 10/25/2014Deffinitely a must! They have gluten free options which are delicious! Excellent over-all experience. Hope to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texas comes to ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014After this place has now bee open about 2 years, we finally got there. Amazing! I've been to one it in Texas and Vegas over the years and Chicago lives up to the hype for sure. Everything from appetizers to salads to main course to dessert, incredible. And they don't rush anything making you feel like they're trying to turn the table but rather that you should enjoy every single bite. It's a do not miss in my opinion. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- 5 Starbkd2014VIPDined on 10/20/2014The best steak I have ever had- great service. Great for celebrating special events or business. Clients loved itSpecial Features:
- worth the price!BIGSteakEaterDined on 10/18/2014was looking for a "steak place" to take my wife for her birthday. Being a lifetime Chicagoan, I was shocked to have never heard of Del Frisco's before. when comparing to other "name" places (including some right in the neighborhood) it came out higher in all grades. I must say that I am in total agreement! the food was superb, the service was unmatched and the ambiance was both romantic and upbeat. I have already recommended to some of my friends and co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ellegant, Great wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Nice, elegant restaurant. It's a great place for a nice dinner. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakshappyeaterDined on 10/15/2014Food was great, service was great, music too loud, room temperature too cold. Would have given 5 stars, but for the noise level. [I'm always cold, so the room temperature may not have bothered everyone)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014The prime ribeye was absolutely fabulous. It was cooked to perfection and well seasoned.Special Features:
- Delicious!MmmmfoodDined on 10/12/2014The food was amazing and the service was fantastic! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-phrenetic environmentPastalvrVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food from appetizers to entrées to desert was excellent. The wait staff was constantly mingling and conferring with each other right in front of our table so it was very distracting and disruptive throughout the meal. The noise level was very high and between the waitstaff talking at our table all evening and the large groups it was nearly impossible to have a conversation over dinner. Very frustrating experience because the food was so good.
- GREAT CHOICE!EatRoyallyDined on 10/11/2014Great choice for any occasion! My wife and I went for our 4 year wedding anniversary and were blown away. We were greeted at our table with a Happy Anniversary card. Nice touch. The cocktails were exceptional and the wine list was fit for any wine enthusiast. The food was really good. We both enjoyed the lobster mac & cheese and the calamari. Our waitress, Ashley, was knowledgeable and very pleasant. And despite being and having no room for dessert they gave us a slice of cheesecake with four candles to take home. Great experience. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerdfsouthsideDined on 10/8/2014Loved it. Would go again. Had the filet steak trio. All 3 were delicious. Had the VIP and the black berry cocktails. The cheese steak egg rolls were tasty. Our server was excellent.Special Features:
- nashdashVIPDined on 10/7/2014Ate lunch last week. Service, food and ambience were all very nice. Definitely would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dallas is betterBatonwaverVIPDined on 10/6/2014Overpriced and not worth the trip. Go to the Rosebud Steakhouse for a better experience.