Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago
58 East Oak Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://delfriscos.com/chicago-details.php
- Phone: 3128882499x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri:11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Mon-Fri:3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday:5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday:5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jim Teutemacher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago
Located in the heart of Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood, Del Frisco's occupies three floors of the former Esquire Theater. The restaurant features stunning interiors that preserve the landmark theater's historic architectural elements and simultaneously offers guests a modern yet inviting environment. Guests can choose from a variety of dining spaces and will have ample options for private and semi-private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
259 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (181)notable wine list (162)romantic (111)good for groups (104)fit for foodies (89)hot spot (74)vibrant bar scene (58)neighborhood gem (48)scenic view (44)great for outdoor dining (43)great for lunch (23)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (10)Show More
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We had a group of 5 guys and we all loved it. The food was phenomenal and the service even better. I am in a wheelchair with some motor function difficulties, without me asking even they asked if I wanted my steak cut up. That was a great gesture and one I definitely took them up on. The only thing I'll say is that when they take away your food be sure to ask for it to be wrapped up, I didn't and I had no leftovers to enjoy. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- perfect eveningkimpossibleDined on 9/19/2014this is my new favorite place in city for just a drink, appetizers, or sit down dinner. It will not disappoint!Special Features:
- great restaurantggg5050Dined on 9/19/2014this is a a beautiful restaurant with great service and food. expensive for what you get , but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- Favorite Steak House in ChicagoTomSVIPDined on 9/18/2014I have eaten at many steam places un Chicago and ha e struggled to say which one is my favorite sin e The Chucago Cop House went downhill. I will definitely mark Del Frisco's as my favorite. I had the best Bone-in Strip ever and the service was outstanding. Our waitrr Colten was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living on its Zagat's reviewPegHDined on 9/18/2014Too crowded. Food just okay. Ridiculous to request that reviews be of a minimum length.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2014I love this place and often recommend to friends and business clients. The service is outstanding and professional and the food is the best in the city.....love it...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014Sophisticated and elegant decor; great menu selection; huge wine list, and attentive, knowledgable serviceSpecial Features:
- Great serviceAKJ93Dined on 9/14/2014The service here was amazing! I was celebrating my birthday and they had a birthday card for me when I arrived !! I love the personal touches... my downside was that every vegetable is.cooked in bacon so we didn't even get a side and I was so looking forward to a great brussel sprout. I had the crab cake it was pretty good but not spectacular. The accompanying item was a pasta that was pretty undercooked and a little bland. I asked for a substitute side that didn't come so I was a bit bummed but the molten chocolate cake was AMAZING! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOvercookedVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food was very good. My family had a very nice timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wineLibbyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Best steaks in town but by far the best wine list.Special Features:
- SurprisemvkcDined on 9/12/2014I had flown to Chicago to celebrate my daughter's birthday. A friend had told me about the restaurant and I was excited to try it. We were greeted in the entry way by a friendly hostess. Our server, Baroom, was friendly, and very helpful with recommendations. Every bit of our meal was exquisite! We will be dining there again on my next trip!Special Features:
- The best!AmyEdgebrookDined on 9/11/2014We have dined at about 6 of the top steakhouses in town. Hands down, this was the best steak (bone-in ribeye) I've had. Their "doneness" standards may be a bit off from others, so I had to send back for about 2 more minutes. I eat medium (hot pink throughout). First came very dark inside and barely warm to touch. I will clarify that on my next trip there (real soon, I hope). More variety in the sides than most steakhouses, and same with the desserts. Not the usual key lime pie, chocolate molten cake, etc. The restaurant itself is beautiful, 3 stories with wine racks stacked up to all three floors. Lots of wait staff, but they don't bother you. I'm very picky, and this was outstanding. Our dining companion agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 8OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal with excellent service for our larger party of 8. A favorite hard to get wine accompanied great steaks and a very comfortable enviroment.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Service is always great and food is always outstanding. They have almost any bottle of wine you can imagine.Special Features:
- Stunning decorbrneyedladyVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great service and beautiful surroundings make this a special Chicago steak house. We took our if town guests for great steaks and delicious sides, which are so fun and large enough to share. The lobster Mac-n-cheese was a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding!!!RodGDined on 9/7/2014My first trip to Chicago DF will not be my last. All the quality of the Manhattan store plus the friendliest staff of any DF in the country (I've been to all!). We had a wonderful time AND an amazing meal. Thanks!Special Features:
- A classic exemplary steakhousePrimeFoodieDined on 9/7/2014Outstanding service and food. Great wine selection. The Mark of a wonderful steakhouse. Kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great serviceLuv2dineDined on 9/7/2014There wasn't a special occasion, just a family enjoying dinner. Our waiter Dan, was so pleasant and attentive. His outstanding service made our family dinner even more special. I've have been to Del Frisco's before and each time the food and service has been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!FoodieIamNOTDined on 9/6/2014You won't go wrong with Del Frisco's! Steaks were cooked to perfection with great seasoning. I'd never seen a bigger wine list, it was a 20+ page book! Staff was great and was always around but gave you privacy. We will most certainly be back every visit to Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Vibe, Food/Service Just OKSlavetoFoodDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful room, upbeat, on-trend music, room between tables for privacy. Sadly, service was poor, the meal just ok. At nearly $1,000 for a dinner for 8 - two of whom did not drink, we have had better steaks and better meals overall at other classic Chicago steakhouses. They don't unabashedly showcase their meat - instead offering an array of sauces, toppings and "crusts" that mask the flavor. If you're paying $65 for an aged steak, you want to be able to taste the beef! Our enthusiastic but inexperienced waiter didn't know the menu, forgot to ask about soups/salads as he took orders, and spilled red wine all over the table and my glass and NEVER cleaned it up. There are much better steak experiences in ChicagoSpecial Features:
- ExcellentNicoleVIPDined on 9/3/2014Del Frisco's has a great atomosphere. It is a perfect venue to host an event or simply have a dinner for 2. The food is fantastic! We loved the wedge salad, filet, lobster mac & cheese, crab cake and crab legs. I have been to Chicago Cut, Chicago Chop House, Bavette's, Capital Grille, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, etc., but Del Frisco's filet was perfect cooked and seasoned to bring out the natural flavor of the meat.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in ChicagoAriasleoDined on 9/2/2014The best ambiance, food and service in Chicago, I've never been in a better restaurant in the worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine??? They have it.JoAnnaDined on 8/31/2014Wine lovers look no more! This place has ALL of them! When they say they said they have a notable wine list, they were not lying. The list looks like a bible. Other than the wine, the food is fantastic and the side portion are large enough to share. You must try the lobster Mac and cheese. The wait staff is amazing as well. Beautiful bathroom as super clean too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisePmadDined on 8/28/2014We loved everything except the noise. Seemed to resound making it diffucult to hear each other.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!Firsttimeguests1Dined on 8/26/2014We both thought the Fillet was cooked to perfection. The Chateau Potatoes were creamy, not waxy as was stated in a review. I especially enjoyed the creamy house dressing on the salad. The service was excellent and everyone was friendly. The restaurant has a great ambience and is very relaxing. I would definitely recommend Del Frisco's to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and foodSenator1Dined on 8/26/2014Bobby the bartender was fantastic. From the opening glass of water to the final piece of Lemon cake it was amazing. Steaks were more than tasty and perfect along with those treasured sides.Special Features:
- Great food!ChicagoJohnVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food is by far the star here, as the service can seem rather refined but without any personality. The service staff may want to seek a spark of energy outside of DF and bring it into work with them, as we had a so so experience with our bartender and our server. As a server, I know what to expect and have higher expectations, and they were very prompt with bringing our drinks and food, but just showed very little excitement to be there.Special Features:
- OutstandingCGF330VIPDined on 8/23/2014Never a disappointment, quality food and service! Lobster Mac a cheese a must have, superior quality steaks!Special Features:
- FancyKatBeeDined on 8/22/2014First time in Chicago and loved my dinner at Del Frisco's! Great service, tasty food, excellent service and lovely ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsbdayboiDined on 8/22/2014I went to Del Frisco's for my birthday last Friday night and everything was amazing. The pre-dinner drinks, the friendly hostesses and servers, and last but not least - the incredible food! I chose the summer pairing combo which came with a salad, a melt-in-your-mouth filet, a succulent crab cake and delicious creamed spinach. To finish off my special night, the servers surprised my party with deserts to go around the table that were a perfect way to end the evening. I would highly recommend this place and hope to go again in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSteak4BreakfastDined on 8/21/2014Went to the one in NYC all the time when living there, this one is just as good. Best steak in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in TownRelaxedDined on 8/20/2014As always, we left very happy! None of the snobbishness you find at a lot of other high-end steakhouses!Special Features:
- fortytwoDined on 8/20/2014The occasion was our 42nd wedding anniversary, we were warmly greeting upon our entrance and our server was friendly, helpful and attended to our every need.Special Features:
- Could be great but falls shortFoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014This was our second visit. While we enjoyed our meal the first time the same could not be said of the second. Our steaks were way over salted. We should have sent them back but we were with friends and that would have thrown the timing off. It's too bad because the restaurant is beautiful and the service very attentive. Given the premium prices for such fine steaks there is no excuse for inconsistency in the kitchen. Unfortunately, we will probably not be back.Special Features:
- excellent serviceJOEROB35Dined on 8/18/2014We had excellent service from the sommelier and the waiter- food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Good not GreatDFoodiDined on 8/18/2014This is our second time at the Chicago Del Frisco's location. While our food was generally better than the previous visit, it was still lacking. My wife had scallops, a couple of which were still raw in the middle (not rare, raw). My $50+ rib-eye, while well-cooked, just lacked flavor. It had almost no seasoning and the beef itself wasn't anything special. We have been to many steakhouses throughout Chicago and the country and just don't think Del Frisco's in Chicago lives up to the expectations of a high-end steakhouse. On a positive note, the environment is warm and welcoming, and the service is about as good as you can get. That somewhat helps justify the prices, but let's face it, the primary reason to dine out is the food.Special Features:
- Special Occasiondine2eatgoodfoodDined on 8/17/2014Del Frisco's was all that I expected and more!!!! I will attend there again and I have recommended it to friends, it's all that I heard about it, The service was great!!! The BEST crab cakes Ever and the strawberry cheesecake melted in my mouth!!! DELICIOUS!! TSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly greatfoodiegirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Always good. However,this time the oysters were mushy and small. Everything else-porterhouse and asparagus were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/16/2014A great night was had by all, great looking room with a three story wine vault. Very professional wine & food service. Our party had a mix of steak, lamb and fish all were perfectly cook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Crab Cake but Not OverallStreetervilleFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014In a city of outstanding steak houses, Del Frisco's is fine, but not among the top. Best part of the meal was the crab cake. Their Summer Special Prix Fixe was a good value. I doubt I will return.Special Features: