Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
250 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscos.com/
- Phone: 6179511368x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 4:00pm: - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Late
Saturday - Sunday: 3:30pm - Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Carron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse opens it's 9th location April 2011 on Boston's Liberty Wharf Seaport. Del Frisco's signature menu offers USDA Prime Beef & Fresh Seafood. We also feature a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list boasting over 1,500 selections from around the world. Our 14,000 square foot, 400 seat restaurant has a 40 seat circular bar & lounge area, 70 seat outdoor veranda, and three distinctive private dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
448 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (305)special occasion (295)notable wine list (199)vibrant bar scene (163)romantic (152)hot spot (141)good for groups (131)fit for foodies (118)great for outdoor dining (118)great for lunch (39)neighborhood gem (38)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014Very disappointed upon arrival. Had to wait 10 minutes to be seated when place was empty and we had reservation as well. Confusion with hostesses.Very poor restaurant compared to other Del Frisco's we have dined at.Special Features:
- Special NightTomDDined on 10/27/2014Celebrated our anniversary here. Beautiful view of the harbor, great food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Recently celebrated our son’s birthday. Sun. eve. is a great time to go. Much less crowded and the noise level is not as energetic as other times when we have been there with business crowds. The food was excellent. We ordered several appetizers, entrees, sides, desserts, wine and in general followed the recommendations of our server Nico. Steaks were cooked perfectly and sooo flavorful. Everyone was very happy and Nico added to the fun. He really gave us unbelievable attention. He is a total professional and very amusing gentleman. DelFrisco is a great choice for special occasion dining and always a wise choice for amazing steaks.Special Features:
- Great nightJaye83Dined on 10/25/2014This was a great experience!!! The bar scene is great and vibrant. The food was amazing! The filet mignon with the bourbon peppercorn sauce was delicious! The family size sides were generous. The lobster mac & cheese was awesome. It was cheesy and the lobster was juicy and flavorful. The service was impeccable! I definitely will recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak place!ChocoholicVIPDined on 10/25/2014Everyone loved their steaks. However, the Caesar salad really had no taste. The croutons were nondescript and the pieces were too big. I have had better salads elsewhere. Also, the shrimp cocktail was good but they poured the cocktail sauce over a good portion of the shrimp and they failed to give a slice of lemon. Could be a problem if someone didn't want cocktail sauce. Other sides were hit or miss but overall the dinner was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014I had reservations at 10pm. The hostess sat us immediately. When arriving at the table, I already felt rushed. The server asked us for a beverage or a cocktail. We started with cocktails. I told the server that I wanted to hold on to list and I would look for a bottle. Five minutes later he came over and asked if I was ready to select a bottle. I told him I wasn't ready. You think he would get the hint but it took him 4 more times of me telling him I wasn't ready yet. I the server was way to aggressive and to pushy. When the apps came they were satisfactory but what was disappointing was 15 min later the entrees came leaving no time in between. The bill was over $350 and the service and food didn't match. Very disappointed,won't be back!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014The food is phenomenal. The VIP drink is beyond delicious. Came here for a my boyfriend's birthday dinner on a Monday night and the restaurant was packed. Definitely make a reservation! Hard a hard time having a conversation with him because the noise level was up there. I found myself talking loud and having to say " what? I can't hear you" to a person who was less than 5 feet away from me. Other than that, great experience. The lobster mac & cheese was AMAZING!!! It is a must try!! Overall, good dining experience and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No surprisesBostonistaVIPDined on 10/19/2014Del Frisco's was exactly what I expected it to be. Just a standard steak house. The cocktail list was uninspired, and the food was typical of what one would expect. I ordered an 8 oz. filet and it was slightly overcooked. The service was subpar, but the manager was wonderful. I don't know if I would go back, unless someone invited me. Definitely not an intimate dining experience.Special Features:
- superb!dianeVIPDined on 10/19/2014Everything was awesome, from the Steak Tartare (melted in my mouth) which, was the 'theme of the night'. To the Bone-in Filet, which was like butter, so tender. The Shaved Brussels sprouts and bacon were delicious. Jessica, our server was so nice, attentive, 'down to earth' great person. Her server partner, leaned us towards the Adelsheim Pinot noir, so smooth and silky! My husband is a Crème Brule 'freak' and he said here, it was the best he's ever had in his life time. Thank you for such a delicious, awesome anniversary dinner.:)Special Features:
- Not great...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Mediocre delivery of food and service compared to prior dining experience there which was fun, loud, and energetic with dynamite steaks. Seemed like the crew was just not trying hard. We were a happy, rowdy group that was there to drink and dine, but the service slowed the whole night down and was just okay for quality. I never end food back, but my steak was too underdone to carve! Long delays between courses...Special Features:
- Delicious steaks loud restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014The food was delicious but the restaurant is very loud. It would be great for a crowd as the atmosphere is vibrant.Special Features:
- First timer20thyearDined on 10/18/2014Chose Del Friscos for our 20th anniversary dinner night out. Everything was great, especially the service. All the wait staff were outstanding and our main server, Erica, was simply the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night and great diner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our night out at Del Frisco's , the food was great and portions so large they are best shared. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extreme noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014When we entered this beautiful restaurant I had high hopes of a wonderful dinner for two. Instead we barely spoke because the noise was defining. While we waited in the bar for our table I thought surely the restaurant would be much quieter. But to my horror there was no separation for the very loud bar scene and the patrons in the restaurant were yelling at rack other over the noise. Honestly, I just wanted to leave. To top it off, our main course came out about 5 minutes before our side dishes. Wish we had skipped this, way too pricey just so I can say I did it, restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding Meal and ServiceJeffCanada17Dined on 10/15/2014We reserved a table for four at Del Frisco's during out trip to Boston. We were celebrating my Mother's 70th Birthday. Del Frisco's provided us with a wonderful table overlooking the Boston Harbor. The restaurant's atmosphere was great and vibrant. The food was amazing, specifically the cheesesteak eggrolls, striploin steak, and the lemon cake. Our server, Timothy, was excellent and he helped to make our evening extra special.Special Features:
- Del Frisco's doesn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014Del Frisco's is a great steakhouse of consistent standards and quality. Several months ago we took some friends to Del Frisco's and enjoyed a great selection of steaks, sides (creamed spinach is amazing) and apps. This most recent visit the specials included a bone-in filet mignon. I couldn't resist. I highly recommend Del Frisco's.Special Features:
- Almost can't complainNoNickNameForYouDined on 10/14/2014Ambience is nice, there's a beautiful view. Service was great and food also great. The acoustics of the place seem to be bad or in the day I was there, it was pretty loud. That's the bad point. Deserts were average, not above it as the main dishes.Special Features:
- OutstandingTylerKDined on 10/13/2014One of the best meals I've ever had. Was overly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Jason!!Adevotee1VIPDined on 10/13/2014We had one of the best dinners in Boston all because of Jason! What a great person, staffer and human being. Took great care of our party of ten. Then Steve the Asst. General Manager was so gracious and came over to check on us. Fabulous food but what made it was Jason! Kim Owens....u would be proud of this Del Frisco!!!Special Features:
- Nice placefabfitsquadDined on 10/12/2014This a great place for a celebration or a fun night out with friends. The service was outstanding. Nico is awesome and the sommelier was excellent is choosing an amazing wineSpecial Features:
- All Goodsmooth123Dined on 10/10/2014Very nice experience yet again. Mark - our waiter - was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and location. AAA+++ChrissyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great food and atmosphere. Great location extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!!!GigiVIPDined on 10/7/2014Our waitress was in training and the place was unusually loud... however, when our sides came out late the manager came over personally to apologize and attend to us. He then took all of them of the bill, threw in free dessert and let me try a cider I had seen on another table because he overheard me saying that I really love hard cider! This is the service excellence that keeps us coming back to Del Frisco's! Although there was a small issue, it was mitigated immediately, without having to say a word and they went above and beyond. We already loved this place, but they have definitely earned customers for life!!!Special Features:
- rlmswm29Dined on 10/7/2014The Porterhouse steaks are outstanding, the wait staff was excellent. The vibe in the restaurant was positive, you could tell all the folks in the dining room and the bar were enjoying themselves. Our table was a window seating which gave us a beautiful of the harbor. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would choose another steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/6/2014I have been to several steakhouses and in Boston this was below average. The best part of this place was the view and the bar. Otherwise if you want a memorable birthday celebration with good steak and service find another great spot - there are plenty!Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch SuccessJustinDined on 10/6/2014Great lunch options. Steak was cooked to perfection. Always enjoy my time here.Special Features:
- Del Frisco's... Well worth itTednKrisDined on 10/5/2014On par with some of Boston's Best (Ruth's Chris, Capital Grill). Del's took care of us for our Anniversary Dinner. If you go, please ask if Nico is working... One of the Best Server's I have ever had....Special Features:
- Excellentjustink0Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I chose Del Frisco's for our anniversary dinner. The staff ensured us a great table with a beautiful view of the harbor. The staff was aware of our celebration and brought over complimentary champagne. Food was excellent as was the service. Atmosphere is energetic.Special Features:
- Ear Plugs Required -IMAX diningLadditionsivousplaitDined on 10/4/2014This was the noisiest restuarant experience we have ever had. People are yelling and screaming in the din. It is comical how loud it gets. Your meal is served with a side of Tinnitus. It was an Imax dining experience with the volumn turned up to eleven. The service was excellent, as if the wait staff (like nurses in a pediatric intensive care unit) knew they needed to compensate for the punitive conditions enveloping their helpless and soon to be deaf customers. We will remember well the caramel bananna bread pudding which was an excellent desert, the pleasure of eating enhanced by the prospect that we would be leaving the sonic rave soon.Special Features:
- WAY TOO LOUD!!Janfaye227Dined on 10/4/2014Del Frisco is MUCH MUCH MUCH TOO LOUD for one to enjoy a meal. The food was great and pricey, the service impeccable and the view lovely. But the noise level is literally eardrum breaking. I have mentioned this to several friends who are in TOTAL AGREEMENT AND FOR THAT REASON WILL NOT RETURN. Naturally, when a bill for two is approximately $300 plus- you should be able to have some quiet enjoyment. This is NOT the case here in the dining room area. Too bad for such a fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Usually a good ..not this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/4/2014I have been to Del Frisco's a few times and have enjoyed the food and the service. This was a special occassion for my best friends 50th. She and her husband have never been. We were seated between 2 other parties of 4. I could not get in my chair until the person at the other table moved in. Our steaks were undercooked and when we sent them back my girlfriends topping (blue cheese and bacon) came back burnt and the steak was still not medium well. She ate half. While we were waiting for our check the waiter said " next time listen to the colors..." I was shocked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, good foodCosmosMomDined on 10/4/2014We've been here before on a special occasion. Received an email incentive ($25 off valid for 5 days only) and decided to celebrate a friend's birthday. Steaks were very flavorful, cooked to perfection. Tender (two filet dishes were ordered) but we've had even more tender steaks but overall satisfied. Sides (sauteed spinach in oil only, asparagus) were good fair but not overly generous portions. Friend had the scallops which had an asian (maybe hoisin) drizzle. Tasty but pricey. Overall, another good experience but definitely a special occasion destination for us.Special Features:
- Never againDJC222VIPDined on 10/3/2014I like the food, though find it overpriced. The noise level is the worst I've encountered in any restaurant. It is very difficult for a party of four to hear one another. The ratings do not offer a noise level category for offensive. The tables are too close and the waitstaff continually bumped into my chair.Special Features:
- What a Lobstah!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014What a great night! This restaurant is a must. We had the most amazing lobster gnocchi as a side to share with the table. Steaks are fabulous and the lobster tail..........WOW! HUGE!!! Definitely enough to share. Wine list is equally as huge. Great selection and the sommelier will assist with pairings if needed. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014VERY NOISEY WASN'T WHAT WE EXPECTED PERHAPS BEING SENIOR CITIZENS SHOULD HAVE SELECTED ANOTHER RESTAURANTSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFoxhunt11Dined on 10/1/2014Took my wife for our Anniversary, The Food and Service was awesome, our waiter made all the right recommendations, from the food to the drinks. I blew my wife away, and when I got the bill, I blew up my wallet. But it was well worth it, my wife was very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our night at DelsKennedyDined on 9/30/2014Good but not great. Oysters were not done well. Steaks were OK but a little tough for 'prime'. Overall it was good and we had a nice time but the food could have been better.Special Features:
- DisappointedbobpDined on 9/30/2014I felt the restaurant did not live up to my expectations. Both food and service were sub par. Bar scene and ambiance great though.Special Features:
- Men and SteaksRobinDined on 9/30/2014The service was very good. The steaks were good but not remarkable or out of this world...same with the sides...not a foodie place. Noise level was too loud for a conversation across a 4 top table. The patrons were 90% men over 50 in suits ....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014Dinner was outstanding. Del Friscos raises the bar for all steak houses.Special Features: