Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
250 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscos.com/
- Phone: 6179511368x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 3:00pm: - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Late
Saturday - Sunday: 2:30pm - Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Barragan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse opens it's 9th location April 2011 on Boston's Liberty Wharf Seaport. Del Frisco's signature menu offers USDA Prime Beef & Fresh Seafood. We also feature a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list boasting over 1,500 selections from around the world. Our 14,000 square foot, 400 seat restaurant has a 40 seat circular bar & lounge area, 70 seat outdoor veranda, and three distinctive private dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
442 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (312)scenic view (307)notable wine list (205)vibrant bar scene (177)romantic (150)good for groups (143)hot spot (142)great for outdoor dining (133)fit for foodies (112)neighborhood gem (35)great for lunch (35)late-night find (24)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2014Wonderful lunch. Personnel friendly and attentive. Looking forward to going againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not GreatBostonDinnahVIPDined on 8/18/2014Had a nice lunch for Restaurant Week with girlfriends from work. It took about 20 minutes for a waiter to come over, but they weren't that busy. Took about and hour and 45 minutes for lunch for 5, all off the set lunch menu. Seemed excessive. On the plus side, the steak was really good, as was the salad. If I had time for a liesurely dinner I might come back to try the regular mneu, but onyl for a special occassion since the price is a little high for an average dinner. Staff were all very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best filet steaksuzanneDined on 8/18/2014The filet steak (ordered perfectly) and Chateau potatoes were perfect served on a hot plate, mixed field green salad was limpy, made too advanced, Chocolate mousse was also made in advance, was okay, have had better salads and desserts in this restaurants before. Had lunch in July. Salad and dessert was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014This place is amazing!! It's only my second time dining here but I've been impressed both times. The most recent experience was on a Sunday evening at the bar. We both ordered the Prime Pair and have definitely recommended it to many of my friends because it's a great deal for only $49. Definitely check out the deal before it ends on Sept 1, 2014. Loved our bartender and will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kmurphykmurphyDined on 8/17/2014We have been to Del Frisco's for the last 3 years to celebrate our anniversary...it never disappoints. This year I put a comment in my reservation indicating our celebration and they gave us complimentary glasses of Proseco. We had so much food left over we had a complete dinner the next night. Fantastic steaks and the best VIP Martini!Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014First impression from the front door to your table. staff is friendly, warm, and the decor is outstanding view of Boston Harbor and the Boston Fish Pier.Special Features:
- DinnerFoodDined on 8/15/2014Service was excellent. All appetizers were gear but my pan seared scallops were under cooked. The steak Mt boyfriend had was great and it is a steakhouse so I understand that any other items may be lessor. Overall a very nice meal just slightly expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014We started with the Shellfish Tower ($78) which was very good, but not as impressive as the tower across the street at Legal's. We then ordered from the price fixe menu ($49) which included a salad, side, 8 oz. filet mignon and your choice of a crabcake, seared scallops or grilled shirmp. The steak was one of the best I've ever had and it was perfectly cooked and seasoned! We finished with a couple of americanos which completed an excellent meal. I would go again and I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLeslieDined on 8/15/2014The wait/bar staff and hostess were awesome. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Great atmosphere and food once it was cooked. We had to send our steaks back twice. But they ended up giving us for free. So all in all - good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Frisco'sNonnieDined on 8/12/2014I truly enjoyed my evening at Del Frisco's. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. Our waiter was friendly and very helpful. It is a truly busy place with so many servers walking around helping out the waiters. It's a people watching experience. I would recommend it to my friends and will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for steaksMThreeDined on 8/11/2014We had a great time and the food was amazing. The Filets are out of this world tasty and very unique sides.Special Features:
- way overpricedbostonbostonDined on 8/9/2014I found this place to be way overpriced for the quality of food they serve (ordered salmon that is offered with no sides, and it was overdone). Service was average at best - restaurant was at full capacity on Saturday night, could barely get a waiter to come over to the table. Drinks were good - that was not a problem, and ambience overall was great. Great location wise, but i would not recommend as far as food/menu items.Special Features:
- Nice night but...NellieHDined on 8/9/2014The food was wonderful and seating on the outside deck was lovely. Service started as 5 star but ended up 3 star. Our water glasses remained empty, we waited endlessly for condiments for baked potatoes, then finally had to hail another waiter to bring butter and sour cream. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu but was nowhere to be seen after we placed our order. Midway through our meal, a very loud group of ladies was seated at a table much too close to ours so we could not even hear ourselves talk. We were celebrating a birthday but received no candle in our dessert despite being noted in our reservation and seeing others served. Overall, a nice night but disappointing and not up to expectations for this caliber restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with serviceVIPperfectionDined on 8/8/2014We have there several times and by far this was the slowest service we ever received. Seemed like we were waiting inordinate anoints of time between visits from our serverI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingverydisappointedDined on 8/8/2014This was a very special occasion for my daughter's 30th. birthday. The meals were very slow coming out and when they did the chicken was extremely dry and tough and the filet was very rare instead of medium which was requested. I do have to say that once we told them about it they were more than willing to take the meals off the bill and prepare another meal for us. By that point it had already taken too long to get the meals so I refused. Then I had called ahead to make sure they brought a birthday dessert to my daughter and it never took place. Again, after bringing that to my attention they handed my daughter a to go dessert and wished her a Happy Birthday. This was supposed to be a very special dinner and it turned out disastrous.
- Simply deliciousSuzybvermontDined on 8/8/2014really great food, great vibe, very good service, beautiful setting. We sat outdoors and I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annivesarydelightannivesarydelightDined on 8/6/2014We really enjoyed this evening and was pleasantly surprised that Del Frisco honored my request for a table as close to the window as possible. In addition to the table by the window they had put rose petals and a anniversary card on our table also gave us a free dessert to add to the occasion. Very nice touch!!!! Noise level only issue was hard to have a conversation. Food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy eating hereBosrunnerVIPDined on 8/5/2014The service is consistently good and it's an amazing wine list. Food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful servicectownDined on 8/5/2014We have eaten at DelFrisco's over 20 times, both at the bar and in the dining room. It was my daughter's birthday and we had a great table outside and the food was delicious, however the service was terrible !! Our servers attitude was like he didn't want to be there. Our appetizer dishes weren't bussed and it was only when we told the sommelier that he got them cleared. Our dinner delivery was OK, but once again the table wasn't bussed until we had to say something. We ordered a bread pudding for a birthday dessert and it came so late that we had finished our coffee. I had to get up and go to another table where the waiter was talking to cancel the desert, which was coming out the door at the same time. Really disappointing service!!Special Features:
- Great mealLaneyDined on 8/5/2014We went on a Tues. night only to find a very busy restaurant. Immediately seated with our res. & got the window seat we requested. The wait staff was plentiful and very attentive. We both got the special summer 3 course meal. Portions were reg. size and neither of us could finish this. Filet was flavorful and cooked as we asked. You can't go wrong at Del Frisco'sSpecial Features:
- Never failsFantasticVIPDined on 8/3/2014It's pricey, but I can't recommend Del Friscos enough. Food is fantastic. Service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and dirty restroomsfviceVIPDined on 8/2/2014Went there on a Saturday night. We were seated 45 min. late for our reservation. The hostess told us this was typical for a weekend night. The staff that serviced us seemed to be poorly trained. Waiter did not know wine list at all. Had to come back and ask what wine we ordered. Entrees came out without side dishes. We had to track a waiter down and ask for them. They came out when we were halfway done with our meals. Dining room is very loud. If this is truly the high end steakhouse, the service should be high end as well. This was not the case. Women in our group said the women's restrooms were poorly maintained. Pass on this place, there are better steakhouses in Boston for your money.
- Exceptional ExperiencedivinediningDined on 8/2/2014Everything was exceptionalas usual. My experience every time I have been there is one of consistant food and service. I highly recommend dining here but make sure to leave yourself enough time before hand since they are very busy and you mighthave to wait a little even with a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerNomieDined on 8/2/2014Went with a group of 6 to celebrate my parents birthdays. The food presentation taste and the service were outstanding. Jeff was our waiter and was one of the best we've ever had at any upscale restaurant in Boston. the noise level was the only issue we had; very loud! There should be a way to keep that under control. Perhaps better soundproofing of the walls and ceilings. Overall a great experience and I highly recommend Del Frisco's to others.Special Features:
- Summer In the CityOut4dinnerVIPDined on 8/1/2014Watching the boats go by from the patio on a warm summer evening, dining on the best steak and wine ever, this is The best of Summer in the City. The 4 stars for service was due to the sides taking too long, but they were delicious and it was a very busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014great meal at DelFrisco's, always a treat. The staff was amazing and, even with local and national celebrities in attendance my wife and I were treated like we were the priority. Great meal, great service, great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing and over-hypedDineNshineDined on 7/31/2014The food is just okay as far as steak houses go. Everything is wildly over seasoned. The service was what you'd expect from a steak house but the tight miniskirts they make the waitresses wear are distasteful and cheapen the fine dining experience. The waitstaff's cheap look and the mediocre food is why I won't be back. View from the dining room is great, noise level is very high.Special Features:
- Great MealErossDined on 7/31/2014The food and service were excellent. We sat outside on a beautiful summer evening and the atmosphere was great. You could hear the live music next door at the pavillion. The only negative was that they only had bottled beer, nothing on Tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014Service was poor-My wife waited for steak sauce until half the steak was gone. Ordered sirloin strip for my step son and they sent bone in sirloin and charged me for that. Food was cool including steak potatoes and vegetables.Special Features:
- DisappointedRickVIPDined on 7/27/2014First, let me say that we dine out 2-3 times a week. Typically we visit newer restaurants but mix in old favorites as well. We tend to look for places that offer exceptional service with a great wine list. Place was a bit noisy. That is OK because it is an obvious tourist attraction. The prices were very high for the quality of food. I had the Salmon, which was priced at $35! The portion was 3 inches by 3 inches. I have had larger portions for half the price at restaurants close to this place. Seafood is not supposed to be that over priced. I ordered brussel sprouts and we got asparagus. I ordered a beer, and it was $12!!! I have purchased the same beer at other places for $6.00. Service was OK, not great. I would not recommend this place.
- it was fabulousShannonsmomDined on 7/27/2014Everything was delicious can't wait to come back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fdmjrDined on 7/26/2014great !!!!!! amanda was great, food great, drinks great....Special Features:
- Reservation at 830pm, NotPCdiningfoodieDined on 7/25/2014I set a reservation for 4 at 830pm and arrived at 8am. Our party increased to 6 and the reservation were bumped to 845pm which was ok. We didn't get seated until 930pm and dinner was served cold at 11pm. I would never go here again on a weekend. I would rather have the place to be honest with reservations and possibly turn me away.
- Loud, Slow, with Average FoodsteveDined on 7/25/2014We made reservations for 4 on a Friday night in late July 2014. 1. It is a very loud restaurant. We were sitting in one of the booths and we had to raise our voices significantly to carry on a conversation (similar to being in a loud bar or club.. sans music). Attempts at any meaningful conversation were abandoned after 10 mins. 2. The view is irrelevant if you are not seated in the first row against the windows. We made reservations but were not seated with "a view" (<20% of tables have it). 3. The service was surprisingly slow. We sat down at 7:00 pm and got our food at just after 9:00 pm. 4. The food was pretty good but not great. The clam chowder was terrible. 5. Bill = $307. Not worth it. Abe&Louis is better.
- dinner outsideJamesDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful steak outside. But I'm glad we didn't eat inside, it was Friday night though. The noise level was very high. The filet steak was excellent.Special Features:
- Way over pricedLoveBostonDined on 7/24/2014We had booked this restaurant for my daughter's 40th birthday dinner. We had specifically requested a window seat. I called the day of the dinner to make certain we would not have a problem. I was assured we would be taken care of. When we got to the restaurant we were no where near the window. I told the hostess that we had requested a window seat. She said they did not have any other tables to sit us at. After we sat down for about 10 minutes they came over and said they had just had a cancellation and could move us slightly closer to the window. So we moved slightly closer. Our food was good, not great. But it took over 45 minutes for our order to be taken. Once the order was taken it took another 75 minutes to get the food.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewsWhats4dinnahDined on 7/24/2014Our server Nick was phenomenal. Apps were great, drinks and side dishes fabulous! I was slightly disappointed with the large amount of fat on my bone in strip steak, most of it was to chewy to eat.:( I will give it another try since everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- embarrassment to the chainJonoNYCVIPDined on 7/22/2014beautiful space with attentive service. however, food was unacceptable start to finish. spongey shrimp, flavorless oysters, thin acidic bordeaux, withered ceasar salad, overly buttery steaks. have been to the nyc location several times and it consistently impresses. i have no idea what's wrong with boston. i've had better meals at longhorn steakhouse.
- Very PopularPmacdVIPDined on 7/22/2014This place is always packed but the view in the summer is outstanding and the food is great. You must make a reservation. People walk over from the convention center and they're willing to wait for a table. That packs the bar.Special Features: