Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
250 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscos.com/
- Phone: 6179511368x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 3:00pm: - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Late
Saturday - Sunday: 2:30pm - Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Carron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse opens it's 9th location April 2011 on Boston's Liberty Wharf Seaport. Del Frisco's signature menu offers USDA Prime Beef & Fresh Seafood. We also feature a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list boasting over 1,500 selections from around the world. Our 14,000 square foot, 400 seat restaurant has a 40 seat circular bar & lounge area, 70 seat outdoor veranda, and three distinctive private dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
485 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (344)special occasion (324)notable wine list (220)vibrant bar scene (180)romantic (166)hot spot (160)great for outdoor dining (146)good for groups (144)fit for foodies (122)great for lunch (43)neighborhood gem (40)late-night find (22)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014Dinner was outstanding. Del Friscos raises the bar for all steak houses.Special Features:
- Temperature of the Steak of WrongDinErVIPDined on 9/28/2014I have been going to this restaurant for a very long time now (once a week at least). The steak came out medium-well, when I clearly asked for medium-rare. Although the waiter asked me to cut the steak in the middle to see if it was the correct temperature, I wasn't bothered to send the steak back (as it would take another 10-15 minutes, and the food had already taken longer than expected). Bad experience.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The only negative thing to say that it was very loud but overall a great place and great food..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delicious NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014For my brother's 18th birthday, and the celebration of his parents weekend we knew we wanted to dine at a place that would be special. We were met by nothing less than special as we sat down to dinner at Del Frisco's. Each member of the staff greeted us, and wished my brother a warm and genuine happy birthday. We ate the wedge salad, caesar salad, filet, crabcake, scallops, spinach supreme, chateau potatoes and the mushrooms. Everything we ate was delicious, with the exception of the spinach. None of us are quite used to eating creamed spinach with bacon, if you're looking for a healthy alternative, this probably wasn't it. We ended our evening with a piece of the strawberry cheesecake, which had a rich, buttery consistency. 2 thumbs up!Special Features:
- greatsteak111Dined on 9/27/2014delicious food and great service.........highly charged atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Amazing night with family!AmyBDined on 9/27/2014Wow. Del Frisco's was packed the night we went but the evening turned out so well. At first I was worried they wouldn't be able to honor our reservation on time. We were delayed for about ten minutes but then our party of 6 was seated comfortably in a round high backed booth. Our waiter Zach was amazing as was the rest of the staff who served us all night. There wasn't an empty seat in the place but you would never know that with our waiter. He talked at ease with us throughout the night. Our food was BEYOND deliciously prepared to perfection. The wine list was also incredibly impressive although we couldn't afford MOST of the wines. The night was pricey but well worth the splurge! Great view of the water and city should also be noted!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2hs for a steak!foodieDined on 9/27/2014We had a reservation at 8.15pm, were told to wait at the bar which we did for 1h the. We sat down, had to wait 15mins for someone to come and take our order and the food took 45mins to arrive. By the time our food came we were not hungry anymore. Only positive the waitress was nice and brought us some bread to help with the waiting time and the food was really good. I'd recommend but only if you are not in a rush and not hungry yet!Special Features:
- Above and BeyondSuzeQDined on 9/27/2014DelFriscos is the place to go if you want the Best Service experience combined with the Best Steaks in town. I've often felt rushed in many Boston restaurants on a Saturday night - but there's none of that here.Special Features:
- Del Frisco's was perfectSparky1kDined on 9/26/2014Although the restaurant is quite expensive and everything is Ala Carte, the food was out of this world and the wind list spectacular. Our waiter, Felix, was attentive but not intrusive and offered good suggestions. I would recommend Del Frisco's for anyone that has a special occasion for celebrating.Special Features:
- Great night made specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014The restaurant did a great job at accommodating us as we where running late. The staff was amazing and extremely professional ensuring that everything was top notch. The night was made even more complete with complimentary champagne to celebrate our anniversary and let's not forget the amazing food. Bruno our server was on point ensuring all needs where meet and the night exceeded our expectations!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerRelaxinglunchDined on 9/25/2014I went there for my wife's birthday and had a great time. We had a window seat with a nice view of the harbor. Our waiter provided very good service and we never felt rushed. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:
- Delicious food and spectacular viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014I found this restaurant online and decided to book dinner for my husbands birthday during our trip to Boston. The reviews that I read were mixed, but I decided to give it a try because of the amazing view the restuarant offered. I'm so glad we did! Our whole experience was wonderful...the food was amazing. I can not say enough stuff about our delicious meal. The filet mignon were melt in your mouth...the potatoes and the broccoli were perfect sides! Our server was wonderful. She was very friendly, helpful, and attentive and was definitely one of the best server experiences we have ever had. The restaurant definitely filled up and did get pretty loud, but the service, view, and food more than made up for it in our opinion.Special Features:
- First TIMERcleoblaqueDined on 9/21/2014OUR SEVER BOBBY, PERFRCT, FUNNY AYTENTIVE, WITH ALLERGYS. All the food Was AMAZING, Love the wine and oystersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Expectations.4GLTEDined on 9/20/2014My friends and I had searched up Del Frisco's Double Eagle and made plans for a Saturday night to dine and enjoy ourselves with the notable Wagyu Longbone we've read such raving reviews about. We arrived early for a reservation at 945pm but we're not sat down until almost 1030pm. When we sat, we were greeted by our server who did a fantastic job explaining dishes and specials so when we mentioned the Wagyu, she gave us a wondrous description of what the Longbone entailed; which only made us expect such incredible taste from it. We order 3 Wagyu for the 3 of us and 10 minutes later, we were told there was one left. And... that was incredibly disappointing after everything so we settled for other dishes and it was decent.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerLovesteakDined on 9/20/2014Had a great meal at Del Friscos on Saturday. Erin was our waitress and she was great. Lots of others helped out and we never had to wait or ask for bread or water. The steaks were great as well as the side dishes. Desserts were delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NdineZODined on 9/19/2014Arrived an hour before (8pm) our reservation time and didn't get seated until an hour after (10pm) our reservation time. Waitress provided excellent service once we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worse steakRenanVIPDined on 9/19/2014If you go to a steakhouse is to have a good steak. If you go to high level steakhouse, you expect the best steak. On the last two times I went I got the wrong steak first and on the second, I asked medium, came well done, they returned and came raw, they returned (the same steak....in a high class steakhouse?!?!) and it came medium to well!!! enough....by that time they ruined my dinner with three other couples!! I do not think I will go back!
- Birthday dinnerMommabear23Dined on 9/18/2014Had the absolute best dining experience! Everything from the food, wait staff, presentation, was absolutely perfect! The wait staff makes you feel very happy to be there. You have several people interacting thru out your meal, they are all very kind and personable! It was my husbands birthday, they made a special deal each time they came to the table. Highly recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, slow serversIlovesteakDined on 9/17/2014For this level of dining, I would have expected more attentive service. Noise level too much for a business dinner. We were shouting across the table.Special Features:
- Excellent!KristinPDined on 9/17/2014My group loved the food and it was an excellent venue for a business dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/17/2014Service was excellent - waiter was very attentive and had great recommendations for wine and food. Food overall good but steak came out overlooked. Waiter offered to have meal recooked but then steak came out undercooked. Should not happen at a steakhouse.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere- Salty SteakdownhillskierVIPDined on 9/17/2014Pros: Fantastic ambiance, nice waterfront view, romantic window table, tremendously attentive staff, Hip trendy feel. ConS: Food was disappointing, especially for the cost. Del Salad was So average, combo of iceberg/romaine, 2 full slices of bacon& good dressing, but iceberg?? I asked for all romaine & was told it was premixed. Be careful with ordering the steaks. It was a beautiful tender cut of meat. But it tasted like they dumped a bottle of Lawry's Seasoned salt on it. We should have sent it back but my husband did not want to wait longer. I like salt, but this was heavy handed. Be sure to specify light salt if you go. Mushrooms, Baked Potato and Berries w/ cream were all good. Again, Fun romantic evening, but the salt ruined for us.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Its hard to find Prime steaks these days... Great Steak at a Prime price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so happyNotHappyDined on 9/14/2014Had a reservation at 7:00 for an anniversary dinner and had to wait 20 minutes for table. Then they asked us if we wanted to site outside and it was around 60 degrees out. Then asked to sit in the bar area! My filet was ordered medium and it was medium well as it was a little burnt. Wasn't a great experience at all!Special Features:
- Christine GCmggDined on 9/13/2014Very noisy, steak was very tough could only eat half, host was rudeSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable but food issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014A fun night with our best friends, but two of the four had issues with their steaks. Service was great but when we returned both steaks, they came back over cooked and frankly not good. We spent over $800 for the four of us, the wine was great but il would have thought someone would have taken an interest after we had the issues. Our server and everyone was friendly, but they were busy.Special Features:
- Del friscosBuffyDined on 9/13/2014Birthday dinner for my son, called before to ask for a water view. We were seated in the bar which was so noisy we could not have a conversation. The hostess kept walking through the bar yelling out names The food was only fair. They got the appetizers wrong. The steaks were not cooked correctly despite being sent back. Overall a very poor experience and would not recommend. Overpriced steaks were only fair. No offer for coffee or dessert.
- BobBVIPDined on 9/12/2014Very disappointed. The prime rib steak was very fatty. I have had a better piece of meat at Ponderosa. Unfortunately, I kept cutting more and more of the steak in the hope that I would find the beef. About 50 percent fat. We were given a gift certificate for $150.00, but the total cost was about $100.00 more. I anticipated that. Del Friscos in Manhattan was far better. Great view though.Special Features:
- Great steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Good restaurant with great view, Good bar scene and great steak,Special Features:
- cars0153VIPDined on 9/7/2014There hostess staff needs major improvement in customer service. Checked in and then was totally ignored until someone finally came to seat us. They seemed to be more interested in something else at hostess station and just told me to go wait over there. the serving staff was excellent. Their competition in the area gives much better service. What ever hostess greets you takes you right to your table. also I called in saying I was running about 15 minutes late and whoever answered phone snapped back saying they would only hold the table for 15 minutes. I arrived and place was half empty. The steakhouse could learn quite a bit from their sister restaurant in Chestnut HillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchMimi2Dined on 9/7/2014First time dining here - beautiful place. Service was absolutely top notch! Our waiter seemed a little distracted, but still excellent. Food was very good but I didn't know the steak was so seasoned. I would've asked them to go lite.Special Features:
- Delicious!lkgvkVIPDined on 9/7/2014We dined outside on a Sunday evening and the views were fantastic! The service was attentive and helpful, but not overbearing. The wine selections offered something for everyone. The food was delicious. We four of us chose the Sunday fixed price menu and we were not disappointed!Special Features:
- Expensive, but great for occasionsGMARCHDined on 9/6/2014I love it here! I've only been twice for celebrations, and only wish I could come weekly!!! Unfortunately at $21 per crab cake, and $41 for an 8 ounce filet - albeit fabulous - it's very expensive. Everything is top notch, from the service to the food to the atmosphere - it's hands down my favorite steak house. Highly recommend for a special occasion or date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy!HollybearDined on 9/6/2014Very glamorous restaurant but overall it was way too noisy and the food was not at all up to par with the other steak houses in Boston! Looking for a great steak? Go to Abe and Louie's. Looking for a view go to del Friscos!Special Features:
- Very ExpensiveScottDined on 9/5/2014The food was really good, but everything was expensive and the total bill came out to an exorbitant amount.Special Features:
- recent celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014Waitstaff were incredible, but i sat near the bar and it was very loud with a few obnoxious characters. Steaks were incredible but I found the dessert bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Everything about this restaurant was excellent. Food, service and scene. Great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakhouse, great viewcconstDined on 9/1/2014The steaks were great, the view and ambience is really very nice in the docklands of Boston. Service was OK, but it was a little noisy.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014We picked this because it offered a fixed price - Prime Pairing - $49 menu. However, when we asked that menu we were told they had ended it but would offer it on Sundays. When I pointed out their website said through Sept. 1st, they acknowledged it but said they weren't offering it. Eventually, they honored it but on after I was embarrassed, After all that the food was good, but not great. Glad we didn't pay $60 per ala carte entreeSpecial Features:
- Great place for lunchJanec1960Dined on 9/1/2014We all had the Business Lunch which included an appetizer, 6 oz filet mignon and a side dish. The steak was seasoned perfectly. The wait staff was very nice and efficient. The view of Boston Harbor and the airport made this a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.