Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
250 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscos.com/
- Phone: 6179511368x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 3:00pm: - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Late
Saturday - Sunday: 2:30pm - Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Barragan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse opens it's 9th location April 2011 on Boston's Liberty Wharf Seaport. Del Frisco's signature menu offers USDA Prime Beef & Fresh Seafood. We also feature a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list boasting over 1,500 selections from around the world. Our 14,000 square foot, 400 seat restaurant has a 40 seat circular bar & lounge area, 70 seat outdoor veranda, and three distinctive private dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
480 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (339)special occasion (332)notable wine list (213)vibrant bar scene (186)romantic (162)hot spot (157)good for groups (154)great for outdoor dining (154)fit for foodies (123)great for lunch (43)neighborhood gem (42)late-night find (24)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Thank you Delfrisco's for making our anniversery a very special one !! The atmosphere, food and service was outstandng !!Special Features:
- Great service and viewMJLMOMDined on 8/31/2014Special anniversary dinner, the staff was well aware and went out if the way to acknowledge it. The waitress brought proseco to celebrate. The pear martini was great though pricey. The food was good and plentiful. The prix fix menu was a value excluding filet and 2 scallops that were tasty. The wedge salad was outstanding! The lemon cake dessert was huge and delicious. The water view table was perfect. I cannot say enough about the warm and attentive servers and managers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOOD & SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014FOOD WAS EXCELLENT. THE WAITRESS ASKED US HOW WE WANTED OUR FILET AND THEN WENT ON TO TELL US THE COLOR OF THE CENTER AND HOW THE SIDES WOULD BE ALSO. I THOUGHT THAT WAS GREAT. IT WAS DELICIOUS AND THE CRAB CAKES THE BEST I HAVE EVERY HAD. WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK.Special Features:
- Good,not great, meal and experienceChuckVIPDined on 8/30/2014Pretty good food here at a steep price. Oysters were good and fresh. Steak was excellent. Appetizers were good, but front of the house service left a lot to be desired. We grabbed a last minute reservation and headed there 2 1/2 hrs early with the prospect of grabbing an earlier seat. Was told it would be an hr and a half so we stuck around. Two hrs later, we still had no seat, but a hefty $200 bar bill. Hostess told us our seats were ready, so we cashed out at the bar, only to be told that they were confused and weren't ready for us just yet. We got more drinks at the bar and eventually were seated at our reservation time. Whole experiencea bad taste in my mouth, especially when you're spending $250/head for the whole night.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was top notch from the service at the bar before being seated and continued through the dinner service. The food was incredible, the service was excellent, friendly, knowledgeable and we never felt rushed. I would recommend Del Frisco`s to everyone looking for a 5 star dining experience. Be prepared to spend it is a little pricey, but well worth it!Special Features:
- Frenzied at Del Fresco'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Much too noisy - the waitress rushed us through our order to the point where we had to ask her to slow down, since we were having trouble hearing her anyway. The food was fine, but the overall experience was not pleasant and not worth the high prices.
- 62 bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We had a beautiful view of the harbor. Food was hot and service was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak I've Ever HaddihhuitDined on 8/29/2014Del Frisco's is now officially the best steak I've ever had. I ordered the 22 oz Porterhouse, and it was spectacular. My lovely date had the lamb, which was also cooked to perfection. On top of this was impeccable service, and a pleasant ambiance. The view of the ocean is also great if you manage to get seated close to the windows. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- One gripe1gripeDined on 8/29/2014I think when you're spending good $ for an alacarte steak , you should not have to pay extra for the side sauces. Other Steakhouses do not charge extra for sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad....ZmanDined on 8/29/2014We really enjoyed the ambience, however, not all of the food was of the quality I would have expected of Del Frisco's. For example, my wife got a lobster tail for $95 and you could barely cut it because if likely sat under the heat lamp too long while the rest of the food was finished being prepared. The service was good with the wait staff being very attentive.Special Features:
- Three wonderful dining experiences!LolaDined on 8/29/2014I have been very satisfied each time I have visited Del Frisco's at lunch and dinner. Everyone was exceptionally accommodating and the dining experience was fabulous. The ambience is beautiful and the view is spectacular. The menu is exceptional with great choices. From starters, salads, entrees, and desserts you will know you are fine dining! Looking forward to future visits.Special Features:
- One uninfluential thingdgeoDined on 8/28/2014I thought everything was good, the food, the service, I had a reservation and was seated within minutes of arriving. We requested "still" water and was brought Vosse water, which is fine, but you do have to pay for it. She then brought a 2nd bottle without requesting it, you wouldn't do that with anything that wasn't complimentary right? I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super long time for foodNkearn02Dined on 8/28/2014We had 7:15 reservations but didn't get out food til 9:30 and the check didn't arrive until 11:15. Waiter bragged about how much money he made. And it was loud we had to tell across the table to hear each otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Frisco's in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014It was probably one of my best dining (lunch) experiences----Erica was our waitress---she was welcoming, friendly, knowledgeable, attentive, listened to our requests and made suggestions when asked. We sat out side on the 2nd floor over looking the water---it was a beautiful day and sheltered from the sun. The manager came over to greet us as did many from the wait staff. The lunch was delicious and would definitely recommend Del Frisco's to all. Hope to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moof?Ipi65Dined on 8/26/2014Great staff...Krissy and Jason! Fried oyster app and calamari are delicious. Steaks outstanding ...the best I 've ever had. Lemon cake humongous and awesome. A truly fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left Clients RavingGrammyDiDined on 8/25/2014I was entertaining clients after a Conference and took them to Del Frisco's. They had been entertained all week by other vendors at various other Boston restaurants. They claimed this was, hands down, the best meal they had all week. Our table by the window had a great view of the harbor. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive to our needs. The food was Out of this World. Crabcake and Calamari were the biggest hit!! The only negative comment that the clients had was that it was quite loud and difficult to have a conversation. The restaurant was full with a lot of large groups like ours due to the conference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingSully33Dined on 8/24/2014Dissapointing - had an 8:00pm reservation for 5 on a Sunday took forever to get the salads then it was another 50 minute wait after the salads for the main course. They charged me for a 6 layer lemon cake they brought out for my wife's birthday - while I don't mind paying I would have ordered something that the 5 of us would have enjoyed and actually ate.. They charged me for a drink that I ordered but never received. Overall extremely dissapointing I was excited to try this restaurant but was left totally dissapointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014The views were amazing no matter where we were in the restaurant. We happened to get a great table outside overlooking the harbor and city. Yanni was in concert next door so we had additional free entertainment :-) The server really knew the menu and was very helpful in suggesting items and providing feedback. The support staff was also great, very attentive the entire time. Overall awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Displeased!BarclaysbossDined on 8/24/2014Worst three hour meal. Seated at 7:30 and left at 10:30. Some backup in the kitchen was given as an excuse by the manager. Steaks ordered medium and came out medium rare to raw. Sent steak back and still came back undercooked. Brought it home for the dog. Waitress was apologetic. Restaurant was very noisy. Next time I get screwed I would like it to be a pleasurable experience.
- Great food and amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014The view was spectacular, the service was on point, and the food was yummy. We (4 of us) all got the price fixe - salad, steak, seafood, side for $49 - and it was WAY too much food. One steak was a little underdone and they immediately took it back to cook more and brought us an extra side for the trouble. They also brought a lemon cake for dessert, as we were celebrating an anniversary. The cake was a perfect end to the meal - light and fluffy and so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Sunday afternoonMikeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great weather incredible food great service what more can you ask for?Special Features:
- A glorious night at Del Frisco's...JETCARTDined on 8/23/2014As good as the last time I visited. Food was perfectly prepared to our order, Felix was the perfect server, and the table had the perfect view of the Boston skyline. Highly recommended for the steak lover. Try the calamari as well. Tens across the board (food, service, and value).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in BostonJackDined on 8/23/2014The steak here is the best in Boston. All the food came out hot, and was very good. Good portions on the sides, only minus was the caliber of the drinksSpecial Features:
- Very LoudToloudDined on 8/23/2014Good food, good service, very pricey, no acknowledgement of our anniversary ...booth in ripped condition, so loud could not hear each other speak left with our ears ringingSpecial Features:
- Underwhelming service for the priceJoewards42Dined on 8/23/2014The food is great but I had two issues: 1) At a place that expensive I expect stellar service which we didn't get. It took 30+ to get more bread and the waitress was very drained it seemed. Understaffed perhaps? Wine took a long time to arrive too. 2) The cocktail list is not great. I'm very into cocktails so this was a bummer for me. Next time I'll try Morton's instead.
- Never a disappointmentStarchildVIPDined on 8/23/2014Never a disappointment.. Best place to get steak!!!Special Features:
- Great food, but the noise...Food4ThoughtDined on 8/23/2014We chose Del Frisco's at the recommendation of hotel concierge. Excellent food, late on delivery of some items, good service, but a VERY busy and noisy place. They definitely tried to accommodate us into a quieter location, but music was set so loud that everyone had to speak louder to talk to each other, thus raising the entire restaurant's overall noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del frisco is outstanding!JackDined on 8/23/2014My group of 8 had a wonderful view of Boston harbor. And the Steaks were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adequiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was adequite, Not great. Lots of employees standing around and lots of empty tables so not sure why we couldn't get the reservation time we wanted. decor is dark, masculine, even the dish had no garnish or prettiness. Plates come out very hot but food was just ok. Didn't like waiter scooping the sides onto my plate- would rather serve it myself. Mortons next door was superb and has it all over Delfrisco's. For those prices it should be nothing but excellent. disappointed.Special Features:
- Delicious!LairDined on 8/23/2014We went for an early dinner - waited at the bar for our table to be ready but it wasn't an issue since we were not in a rush. Waiter was attentive and asked if we needed to wrap up our meal by a certain time so they could accommodate if needed. Service was great and attentive throughout the meal. Food was delicious, I would recommend the sorbet as a nice end to the meal!Special Features:
- FoodcomaDined on 8/22/2014If I could give the food 4.5 stars I would. My filet was great and cooked wonderfully. The only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars was that the sauce on the shrimp was a too salty for my taste, but then again, I'm a very-light-on-the-salt person. The ambience and is also very good, but it does get rather loud, so it was great for my birthday dinner with 3 friends, but perhaps not so much for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the ladiesworkinggalslunchDined on 8/22/2014Had a lovely lunch with two other ladies during Dine-Out week at DelFrisco's. The food and service were EXCELLENT. The waiters were charming and very accommodating. We had the filet mignon preceded by a wonderful salad with walnuts and goat cheese. The dessert was a light mouse (absolutely delicious and just the right portion after a heavy meal). It was all great - except that it was too windy for us to sit outside on the balcony. We did, however, enjoy the scenic ocean view from the inside. Would go there again and again. My only drawback would be the noise level. The ceilings must be made of wood because the sound doesn't seem to be "muted" at all. However, it is no way near as noisy as the restaurant below it.Special Features:
- LUNCHMyTummyisFullVIPDined on 8/22/2014This was my first time here. I went there for lunch part of the Boston Restaurant week....It was fabulous...food was delicious....service was very professional....Look forward to going back....Special Features:
- Superb ServiceChristineDined on 8/21/2014Mary and her colleagues were phenomenal. They work together like clock work. My boyfriend has always eaten his red meat well done. I encouraged him to try it medium or medium well. He was delightfully surprised. The pairing special that is currently being offered made it an affordable and tasteful evening. The bread pudding and coffee was ao yummy too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat dissatisfiedfrndlydnersDined on 8/21/2014Our party arrived at Del Frisco's 10 minutes prior to our 7:15 reservation and were seated quite promptly at a beautiful table by the window with a view of the bay. Our server, Jared, was very enthusiastic and did his best to accommodate our needs but apparently the kitchen was running behind.. as in 2 hours behind (we did not know this until 1 1/2 hours after ordering). Ashley suggested a lovely bottle of wine which we began our evening with. When the food eventually arrived it was great, but at this point we had been drinking wine and cocktails which suppressed some of appetites and unfortunately turned this dining experience somewhat sour. We were compensated by a desert platter, but again, some of us were not in the mood to eat anymore.Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Outstanding experience from the time you are greeted at the door and throughout the dining experience you are made to feel special, a friend of the family to the surprise birthday dessert! I could not have been happier with my choice! When the birthday gentleman raves and shows such gratitude you know the experience was above and beyond expectations!!!!!!!! Thank you !!!!!'nSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticRachelDined on 8/21/2014I highly recommend the calamari app- inspiration preparation that tasted delightful- and the filet medalions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, good foodtcgmaDined on 8/20/2014Great Service, good food, but exceptionally loud. Do not expect a quiet romantic atmosphere, or a environment where you can talk business. The night we were there we had to constantly lean in and ask each other to repeatedly to repeat ourselves. With that said the food was great, but should be for the price, beverage list seemed appropriate, and the Wait staff was exceptional. However, we arrived a few minutes ahead of our scheduled reservation. hostess say "go to the bar", and points. that's it. While not a deal breaker it was kind of rude. (reservation on 7/20/14, 7:45) Bartenders were overwhelmed, and couldn't or wouldn't attend to anyone standing at the bar. (seats were all taken)Special Features:
- Treat Yourself to LunchGreenTearsDined on 8/19/2014My daughter and I went to Del Frisco's for the Dine Out Boston lunch special. It was a fabulous experience and a delicious meal. We sat outside on the deck and enjoyed the view of the harbor. The martinis we selected from the cocktail menu were perfect. Besides the 3 course meal special, we ordered onion rings (our waitress recommended ordering a half portion and she was so correct) and clam chowder, and found it all quite enjoyable. The service was attentive but not rushed. We look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JojoDined on 8/18/2014Wonderful lunch. Personnel friendly and attentive. Looking forward to going againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.