Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
250 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscos.com/
- Phone: (617) 951-1368
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 4:00pm: - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Late
Saturday - Sunday: 3:30pm - Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Carron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse opens it's 9th location April 2011 on Boston's Liberty Wharf Seaport. Del Frisco's signature menu offers USDA Prime Beef & Fresh Seafood. We also feature a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list boasting over 1,500 selections from around the world. Our 14,000 square foot, 400 seat restaurant has a 40 seat circular bar & lounge area, 70 seat outdoor veranda, and three distinctive private dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
429 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (282)scenic view (281)notable wine list (190)vibrant bar scene (155)hot spot (145)romantic (142)good for groups (140)fit for foodies (124)great for outdoor dining (94)great for lunch (41)neighborhood gem (34)late-night find (22)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- OutstandingTylerKDined on 10/13/2014One of the best meals I've ever had. Was overly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Jason!!Adevotee1VIPDined on 10/13/2014We had one of the best dinners in Boston all because of Jason! What a great person, staffer and human being. Took great care of our party of ten. Then Steve the Asst. General Manager was so gracious and came over to check on us. Fabulous food but what made it was Jason! Kim Owens....u would be proud of this Del Frisco!!!Special Features:
- Nice placefabfitsquadDined on 10/12/2014This a great place for a celebration or a fun night out with friends. The service was outstanding. Nico is awesome and the sommelier was excellent is choosing an amazing wineSpecial Features:
- All Goodsmooth123Dined on 10/10/2014Very nice experience yet again. Mark - our waiter - was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and location. AAA+++ChrissyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great food and atmosphere. Great location extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!!!GigiVIPDined on 10/7/2014Our waitress was in training and the place was unusually loud... however, when our sides came out late the manager came over personally to apologize and attend to us. He then took all of them of the bill, threw in free dessert and let me try a cider I had seen on another table because he overheard me saying that I really love hard cider! This is the service excellence that keeps us coming back to Del Frisco's! Although there was a small issue, it was mitigated immediately, without having to say a word and they went above and beyond. We already loved this place, but they have definitely earned customers for life!!!Special Features:
- rlmswm29Dined on 10/7/2014The Porterhouse steaks are outstanding, the wait staff was excellent. The vibe in the restaurant was positive, you could tell all the folks in the dining room and the bar were enjoying themselves. Our table was a window seating which gave us a beautiful of the harbor. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would choose another steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/6/2014I have been to several steakhouses and in Boston this was below average. The best part of this place was the view and the bar. Otherwise if you want a memorable birthday celebration with good steak and service find another great spot - there are plenty!Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch SuccessJustinDined on 10/6/2014Great lunch options. Steak was cooked to perfection. Always enjoy my time here.Special Features:
- Del Frisco's... Well worth itTednKrisDined on 10/5/2014On par with some of Boston's Best (Ruth's Chris, Capital Grill). Del's took care of us for our Anniversary Dinner. If you go, please ask if Nico is working... One of the Best Server's I have ever had....Special Features:
- Excellentjustink0Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I chose Del Frisco's for our anniversary dinner. The staff ensured us a great table with a beautiful view of the harbor. The staff was aware of our celebration and brought over complimentary champagne. Food was excellent as was the service. Atmosphere is energetic.Special Features:
- Ear Plugs Required -IMAX diningLadditionsivousplaitDined on 10/4/2014This was the noisiest restuarant experience we have ever had. People are yelling and screaming in the din. It is comical how loud it gets. Your meal is served with a side of Tinnitus. It was an Imax dining experience with the volumn turned up to eleven. The service was excellent, as if the wait staff (like nurses in a pediatric intensive care unit) knew they needed to compensate for the punitive conditions enveloping their helpless and soon to be deaf customers. We will remember well the caramel bananna bread pudding which was an excellent desert, the pleasure of eating enhanced by the prospect that we would be leaving the sonic rave soon.Special Features:
- WAY TOO LOUD!!Janfaye227Dined on 10/4/2014Del Frisco is MUCH MUCH MUCH TOO LOUD for one to enjoy a meal. The food was great and pricey, the service impeccable and the view lovely. But the noise level is literally eardrum breaking. I have mentioned this to several friends who are in TOTAL AGREEMENT AND FOR THAT REASON WILL NOT RETURN. Naturally, when a bill for two is approximately $300 plus- you should be able to have some quiet enjoyment. This is NOT the case here in the dining room area. Too bad for such a fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Usually a good ..not this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/4/2014I have been to Del Frisco's a few times and have enjoyed the food and the service. This was a special occassion for my best friends 50th. She and her husband have never been. We were seated between 2 other parties of 4. I could not get in my chair until the person at the other table moved in. Our steaks were undercooked and when we sent them back my girlfriends topping (blue cheese and bacon) came back burnt and the steak was still not medium well. She ate half. While we were waiting for our check the waiter said " next time listen to the colors..." I was shocked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, good foodCosmosMomDined on 10/4/2014We've been here before on a special occasion. Received an email incentive ($25 off valid for 5 days only) and decided to celebrate a friend's birthday. Steaks were very flavorful, cooked to perfection. Tender (two filet dishes were ordered) but we've had even more tender steaks but overall satisfied. Sides (sauteed spinach in oil only, asparagus) were good fair but not overly generous portions. Friend had the scallops which had an asian (maybe hoisin) drizzle. Tasty but pricey. Overall, another good experience but definitely a special occasion destination for us.Special Features:
- Never againDJC222VIPDined on 10/3/2014I like the food, though find it overpriced. The noise level is the worst I've encountered in any restaurant. It is very difficult for a party of four to hear one another. The ratings do not offer a noise level category for offensive. The tables are too close and the waitstaff continually bumped into my chair.Special Features:
- What a Lobstah!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014What a great night! This restaurant is a must. We had the most amazing lobster gnocchi as a side to share with the table. Steaks are fabulous and the lobster tail..........WOW! HUGE!!! Definitely enough to share. Wine list is equally as huge. Great selection and the sommelier will assist with pairings if needed. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014VERY NOISEY WASN'T WHAT WE EXPECTED PERHAPS BEING SENIOR CITIZENS SHOULD HAVE SELECTED ANOTHER RESTAURANTSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFoxhunt11Dined on 10/1/2014Took my wife for our Anniversary, The Food and Service was awesome, our waiter made all the right recommendations, from the food to the drinks. I blew my wife away, and when I got the bill, I blew up my wallet. But it was well worth it, my wife was very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our night at DelsKennedyDined on 9/30/2014Good but not great. Oysters were not done well. Steaks were OK but a little tough for 'prime'. Overall it was good and we had a nice time but the food could have been better.Special Features:
- DisappointedbobpDined on 9/30/2014I felt the restaurant did not live up to my expectations. Both food and service were sub par. Bar scene and ambiance great though.Special Features:
- Men and SteaksRobinDined on 9/30/2014The service was very good. The steaks were good but not remarkable or out of this world...same with the sides...not a foodie place. Noise level was too loud for a conversation across a 4 top table. The patrons were 90% men over 50 in suits ....Special Features:
- crisDined on 9/29/2014Dinner was outstanding. Del Friscos raises the bar for all steak houses.Special Features:
- Temperature of the Steak of WrongDinErVIPDined on 9/28/2014I have been going to this restaurant for a very long time now (once a week at least). The steak came out medium-well, when I clearly asked for medium-rare. Although the waiter asked me to cut the steak in the middle to see if it was the correct temperature, I wasn't bothered to send the steak back (as it would take another 10-15 minutes, and the food had already taken longer than expected). Bad experience.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The only negative thing to say that it was very loud but overall a great place and great food..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrated daughter's 16th birthdaylovelylauraDined on 9/28/2014My daughter wanted to go here for dinner on her 16th birthday. I knew it was a bit pricey but definitely worth it for a special occasion. The steaks were delicious.Special Features:
- A Delicious NightonehappykitchenDined on 9/28/2014For my brother's 18th birthday, and the celebration of his parents weekend we knew we wanted to dine at a place that would be special. We were met by nothing less than special as we sat down to dinner at Del Frisco's. Each member of the staff greeted us, and wished my brother a warm and genuine happy birthday. We ate the wedge salad, caesar salad, filet, crabcake, scallops, spinach supreme, chateau potatoes and the mushrooms. Everything we ate was delicious, with the exception of the spinach. None of us are quite used to eating creamed spinach with bacon, if you're looking for a healthy alternative, this probably wasn't it. We ended our evening with a piece of the strawberry cheesecake, which had a rich, buttery consistency. 2 thumbs up!Special Features:
- Great dinner with friends!ChristmasDined on 9/28/2014Another great dinner at Del Frisco! We were celebrating 3 birthdays and ate outside - gorgeous! Outstanding wait staff and food, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatsteak111Dined on 9/27/2014delicious food and great service.........highly charged atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Amazing night with family!AmyBDined on 9/27/2014Wow. Del Frisco's was packed the night we went but the evening turned out so well. At first I was worried they wouldn't be able to honor our reservation on time. We were delayed for about ten minutes but then our party of 6 was seated comfortably in a round high backed booth. Our waiter Zach was amazing as was the rest of the staff who served us all night. There wasn't an empty seat in the place but you would never know that with our waiter. He talked at ease with us throughout the night. Our food was BEYOND deliciously prepared to perfection. The wine list was also incredibly impressive although we couldn't afford MOST of the wines. The night was pricey but well worth the splurge! Great view of the water and city should also be noted!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2hs for a steak!foodieDined on 9/27/2014We had a reservation at 8.15pm, were told to wait at the bar which we did for 1h the. We sat down, had to wait 15mins for someone to come and take our order and the food took 45mins to arrive. By the time our food came we were not hungry anymore. Only positive the waitress was nice and brought us some bread to help with the waiting time and the food was really good. I'd recommend but only if you are not in a rush and not hungry yet!Special Features:
- Above and BeyondSuzeQDined on 9/27/2014DelFriscos is the place to go if you want the Best Service experience combined with the Best Steaks in town. I've often felt rushed in many Boston restaurants on a Saturday night - but there's none of that here.Special Features:
- EngagementBobbyDined on 9/26/2014I chose Del Frisco's because I heard so much about it. I made reservations for 8 at 8:00PM we didn't get seated until 9:00PM way to long to wait with secured reservations. Food was great but it was very difficult to carry on conversation the place was so loud, not a place I would go back with family or special occasion. I will still recommend it only because the food was goodSpecial Features:
- Del Frisco's was perfectSparky1kDined on 9/26/2014Although the restaurant is quite expensive and everything is Ala Carte, the food was out of this world and the wind list spectacular. Our waiter, Felix, was attentive but not intrusive and offered good suggestions. I would recommend Del Frisco's for anyone that has a special occasion for celebrating.Special Features:
- Great night made specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014The restaurant did a great job at accommodating us as we where running late. The staff was amazing and extremely professional ensuring that everything was top notch. The night was made even more complete with complimentary champagne to celebrate our anniversary and let's not forget the amazing food. Bruno our server was on point ensuring all needs where meet and the night exceeded our expectations!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerRelaxinglunchDined on 9/25/2014I went there for my wife's birthday and had a great time. We had a window seat with a nice view of the harbor. Our waiter provided very good service and we never felt rushed. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:
- Delicious food and spectacular viewhazyleyedbeautyDined on 9/22/2014I found this restaurant online and decided to book dinner for my husbands birthday during our trip to Boston. The reviews that I read were mixed, but I decided to give it a try because of the amazing view the restuarant offered. I'm so glad we did! Our whole experience was wonderful...the food was amazing. I can not say enough stuff about our delicious meal. The filet mignon were melt in your mouth...the potatoes and the broccoli were perfect sides! Our server was wonderful. She was very friendly, helpful, and attentive and was definitely one of the best server experiences we have ever had. The restaurant definitely filled up and did get pretty loud, but the service, view, and food more than made up for it in our opinion.Special Features:
- First TIMERcleoblaqueDined on 9/21/2014OUR SEVER BOBBY, PERFRCT, FUNNY AYTENTIVE, WITH ALLERGYS. All the food Was AMAZING, Love the wine and oystersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Expectations.4GLTEDined on 9/20/2014My friends and I had searched up Del Frisco's Double Eagle and made plans for a Saturday night to dine and enjoy ourselves with the notable Wagyu Longbone we've read such raving reviews about. We arrived early for a reservation at 945pm but we're not sat down until almost 1030pm. When we sat, we were greeted by our server who did a fantastic job explaining dishes and specials so when we mentioned the Wagyu, she gave us a wondrous description of what the Longbone entailed; which only made us expect such incredible taste from it. We order 3 Wagyu for the 3 of us and 10 minutes later, we were told there was one left. And... that was incredibly disappointing after everything so we settled for other dishes and it was decent.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerLovesteakDined on 9/20/2014Had a great meal at Del Friscos on Saturday. Erin was our waitress and she was great. Lots of others helped out and we never had to wait or ask for bread or water. The steaks were great as well as the side dishes. Desserts were delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.