Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
250 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscos.com/
- Phone: 6179511368x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 3:00pm: - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Late
Saturday - Sunday: 2:30pm - Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Barragan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse opens it's 9th location April 2011 on Boston's Liberty Wharf Seaport. Del Frisco's signature menu offers USDA Prime Beef & Fresh Seafood. We also feature a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list boasting over 1,500 selections from around the world. Our 14,000 square foot, 400 seat restaurant has a 40 seat circular bar & lounge area, 70 seat outdoor veranda, and three distinctive private dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
460 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (325)special occasion (321)notable wine list (213)vibrant bar scene (180)romantic (158)hot spot (149)good for groups (145)great for outdoor dining (145)fit for foodies (121)great for lunch (40)neighborhood gem (38)late-night find (26)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Dissapointing - had an 8:00pm reservation for 5 on a Sunday took forever to get the salads then it was another 50 minute wait after the salads for the main course. They charged me for a 6 layer lemon cake they brought out for my wife's birthday - while I don't mind paying I would have ordered something that the 5 of us would have enjoyed and actually ate.. They charged me for a drink that I ordered but never received. Overall extremely dissapointing I was excited to try this restaurant but was left totally dissapointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014The views were amazing no matter where we were in the restaurant. We happened to get a great table outside overlooking the harbor and city. Yanni was in concert next door so we had additional free entertainment :-) The server really knew the menu and was very helpful in suggesting items and providing feedback. The support staff was also great, very attentive the entire time. Overall awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Displeased!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Worst three hour meal. Seated at 7:30 and left at 10:30. Some backup in the kitchen was given as an excuse by the manager. Steaks ordered medium and came out medium rare to raw. Sent steak back and still came back undercooked. Brought it home for the dog. Waitress was apologetic. Restaurant was very noisy. Next time I get screwed I would like it to be a pleasurable experience.
- Great food and amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014The view was spectacular, the service was on point, and the food was yummy. We (4 of us) all got the price fixe - salad, steak, seafood, side for $49 - and it was WAY too much food. One steak was a little underdone and they immediately took it back to cook more and brought us an extra side for the trouble. They also brought a lemon cake for dessert, as we were celebrating an anniversary. The cake was a perfect end to the meal - light and fluffy and so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Sunday afternoonMikeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great weather incredible food great service what more can you ask for?Special Features:
- A glorious night at Del Frisco's...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014As good as the last time I visited. Food was perfectly prepared to our order, Felix was the perfect server, and the table had the perfect view of the Boston skyline. Highly recommended for the steak lover. Try the calamari as well. Tens across the board (food, service, and value).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in BostonJackDined on 8/23/2014The steak here is the best in Boston. All the food came out hot, and was very good. Good portions on the sides, only minus was the caliber of the drinksSpecial Features:
- Very LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Good food, good service, very pricey, no acknowledgement of our anniversary ...booth in ripped condition, so loud could not hear each other speak left with our ears ringingSpecial Features:
- Underwhelming service for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The food is great but I had two issues: 1) At a place that expensive I expect stellar service which we didn't get. It took 30+ to get more bread and the waitress was very drained it seemed. Understaffed perhaps? Wine took a long time to arrive too. 2) The cocktail list is not great. I'm very into cocktails so this was a bummer for me. Next time I'll try Morton's instead.
- Never a disappointmentStarchildVIPDined on 8/23/2014Never a disappointment.. Best place to get steak!!!Special Features:
- Great food, but the noise...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We chose Del Frisco's at the recommendation of hotel concierge. Excellent food, late on delivery of some items, good service, but a VERY busy and noisy place. They definitely tried to accommodate us into a quieter location, but music was set so loud that everyone had to speak louder to talk to each other, thus raising the entire restaurant's overall noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del frisco is outstanding!JackDined on 8/23/2014My group of 8 had a wonderful view of Boston harbor. And the Steaks were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adequiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was adequite, Not great. Lots of employees standing around and lots of empty tables so not sure why we couldn't get the reservation time we wanted. decor is dark, masculine, even the dish had no garnish or prettiness. Plates come out very hot but food was just ok. Didn't like waiter scooping the sides onto my plate- would rather serve it myself. Mortons next door was superb and has it all over Delfrisco's. For those prices it should be nothing but excellent. disappointed.Special Features:
- Delicious!LairDined on 8/23/2014We went for an early dinner - waited at the bar for our table to be ready but it wasn't an issue since we were not in a rush. Waiter was attentive and asked if we needed to wrap up our meal by a certain time so they could accommodate if needed. Service was great and attentive throughout the meal. Food was delicious, I would recommend the sorbet as a nice end to the meal!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014If I could give the food 4.5 stars I would. My filet was great and cooked wonderfully. The only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars was that the sauce on the shrimp was a too salty for my taste, but then again, I'm a very-light-on-the-salt person. The ambience and is also very good, but it does get rather loud, so it was great for my birthday dinner with 3 friends, but perhaps not so much for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUNCHMyTummyisFullVIPDined on 8/22/2014This was my first time here. I went there for lunch part of the Boston Restaurant week....It was fabulous...food was delicious....service was very professional....Look forward to going back....Special Features:
- Superb ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/21/2014Mary and her colleagues were phenomenal. They work together like clock work. My boyfriend has always eaten his red meat well done. I encouraged him to try it medium or medium well. He was delightfully surprised. The pairing special that is currently being offered made it an affordable and tasteful evening. The bread pudding and coffee was ao yummy too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat dissatisfiedfrndlydnersDined on 8/21/2014Our party arrived at Del Frisco's 10 minutes prior to our 7:15 reservation and were seated quite promptly at a beautiful table by the window with a view of the bay. Our server, Jared, was very enthusiastic and did his best to accommodate our needs but apparently the kitchen was running behind.. as in 2 hours behind (we did not know this until 1 1/2 hours after ordering). Ashley suggested a lovely bottle of wine which we began our evening with. When the food eventually arrived it was great, but at this point we had been drinking wine and cocktails which suppressed some of appetites and unfortunately turned this dining experience somewhat sour. We were compensated by a desert platter, but again, some of us were not in the mood to eat anymore.Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Outstanding experience from the time you are greeted at the door and throughout the dining experience you are made to feel special, a friend of the family to the surprise birthday dessert! I could not have been happier with my choice! When the birthday gentleman raves and shows such gratitude you know the experience was above and beyond expectations!!!!!!!! Thank you !!!!!'nSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I highly recommend the calamari app- inspiration preparation that tasted delightful- and the filet medalions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, good foodtcgmaDined on 8/20/2014Great Service, good food, but exceptionally loud. Do not expect a quiet romantic atmosphere, or a environment where you can talk business. The night we were there we had to constantly lean in and ask each other to repeatedly to repeat ourselves. With that said the food was great, but should be for the price, beverage list seemed appropriate, and the Wait staff was exceptional. However, we arrived a few minutes ahead of our scheduled reservation. hostess say "go to the bar", and points. that's it. While not a deal breaker it was kind of rude. (reservation on 7/20/14, 7:45) Bartenders were overwhelmed, and couldn't or wouldn't attend to anyone standing at the bar. (seats were all taken)Special Features:
- Treat Yourself to LunchGreenTearsDined on 8/19/2014My daughter and I went to Del Frisco's for the Dine Out Boston lunch special. It was a fabulous experience and a delicious meal. We sat outside on the deck and enjoyed the view of the harbor. The martinis we selected from the cocktail menu were perfect. Besides the 3 course meal special, we ordered onion rings (our waitress recommended ordering a half portion and she was so correct) and clam chowder, and found it all quite enjoyable. The service was attentive but not rushed. We look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JojoDined on 8/18/2014Wonderful lunch. Personnel friendly and attentive. Looking forward to going againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not GreatBostonDinnahVIPDined on 8/18/2014Had a nice lunch for Restaurant Week with girlfriends from work. It took about 20 minutes for a waiter to come over, but they weren't that busy. Took about and hour and 45 minutes for lunch for 5, all off the set lunch menu. Seemed excessive. On the plus side, the steak was really good, as was the salad. If I had time for a liesurely dinner I might come back to try the regular mneu, but onyl for a special occassion since the price is a little high for an average dinner. Staff were all very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best filet steaksuzanneDined on 8/18/2014The filet steak (ordered perfectly) and Chateau potatoes were perfect served on a hot plate, mixed field green salad was limpy, made too advanced, Chocolate mousse was also made in advance, was okay, have had better salads and desserts in this restaurants before. Had lunch in July. Salad and dessert was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SDS1Dined on 8/17/2014This place is amazing!! It's only my second time dining here but I've been impressed both times. The most recent experience was on a Sunday evening at the bar. We both ordered the Prime Pair and have definitely recommended it to many of my friends because it's a great deal for only $49. Definitely check out the deal before it ends on Sept 1, 2014. Loved our bartender and will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kmurphykmurphyDined on 8/17/2014We have been to Del Frisco's for the last 3 years to celebrate our anniversary...it never disappoints. This year I put a comment in my reservation indicating our celebration and they gave us complimentary glasses of Proseco. We had so much food left over we had a complete dinner the next night. Fantastic steaks and the best VIP Martini!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014To noisy; overrated; poor quality for your money. Side room less noisy but way to dark and uncomfortable.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014First impression from the front door to your table. staff is friendly, warm, and the decor is outstanding view of Boston Harbor and the Boston Fish Pier.Special Features:
- DinnerFoodDined on 8/15/2014Service was excellent. All appetizers were gear but my pan seared scallops were under cooked. The steak Mt boyfriend had was great and it is a steakhouse so I understand that any other items may be lessor. Overall a very nice meal just slightly expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!!NickBosDined on 8/15/2014We started with the Shellfish Tower ($78) which was very good, but not as impressive as the tower across the street at Legal's. We then ordered from the price fixe menu ($49) which included a salad, side, 8 oz. filet mignon and your choice of a crabcake, seared scallops or grilled shirmp. The steak was one of the best I've ever had and it was perfectly cooked and seasoned! We finished with a couple of americanos which completed an excellent meal. I would go again and I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLeslieDined on 8/15/2014The wait/bar staff and hostess were awesome. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Great atmosphere and food once it was cooked. We had to send our steaks back twice. But they ended up giving us for free. So all in all - good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Frisco'sNonnieDined on 8/12/2014I truly enjoyed my evening at Del Frisco's. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. Our waiter was friendly and very helpful. It is a truly busy place with so many servers walking around helping out the waiters. It's a people watching experience. I would recommend it to my friends and will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for steaksMThreeDined on 8/11/2014We had a great time and the food was amazing. The Filets are out of this world tasty and very unique sides.Special Features:
- way overpricedbostonbostonDined on 8/9/2014I found this place to be way overpriced for the quality of food they serve (ordered salmon that is offered with no sides, and it was overdone). Service was average at best - restaurant was at full capacity on Saturday night, could barely get a waiter to come over to the table. Drinks were good - that was not a problem, and ambience overall was great. Great location wise, but i would not recommend as far as food/menu items.Special Features:
- Nice night but...NellieHDined on 8/9/2014The food was wonderful and seating on the outside deck was lovely. Service started as 5 star but ended up 3 star. Our water glasses remained empty, we waited endlessly for condiments for baked potatoes, then finally had to hail another waiter to bring butter and sour cream. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu but was nowhere to be seen after we placed our order. Midway through our meal, a very loud group of ladies was seated at a table much too close to ours so we could not even hear ourselves talk. We were celebrating a birthday but received no candle in our dessert despite being noted in our reservation and seeing others served. Overall, a nice night but disappointing and not up to expectations for this caliber restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with serviceVIPperfectionDined on 8/8/2014We have there several times and by far this was the slowest service we ever received. Seemed like we were waiting inordinate anoints of time between visits from our serverI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingverydisappointedDined on 8/8/2014This was a very special occasion for my daughter's 30th. birthday. The meals were very slow coming out and when they did the chicken was extremely dry and tough and the filet was very rare instead of medium which was requested. I do have to say that once we told them about it they were more than willing to take the meals off the bill and prepare another meal for us. By that point it had already taken too long to get the meals so I refused. Then I had called ahead to make sure they brought a birthday dessert to my daughter and it never took place. Again, after bringing that to my attention they handed my daughter a to go dessert and wished her a Happy Birthday. This was supposed to be a very special dinner and it turned out disastrous.
- Simply deliciousSuzybvermontDined on 8/8/2014really great food, great vibe, very good service, beautiful setting. We sat outdoors and I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.