Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
250 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscos.com/
- Phone: 6179511368x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 3:00pm: - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Late
Saturday - Sunday: 2:30pm - Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Derek Barragan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse opens it's 9th location April 2011 on Boston's Liberty Wharf Seaport. Del Frisco's signature menu offers USDA Prime Beef & Fresh Seafood. We also feature a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list boasting over 1,500 selections from around the world. Our 14,000 square foot, 400 seat restaurant has a 40 seat circular bar & lounge area, 70 seat outdoor veranda, and three distinctive private dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
475 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (333)special occasion (321)notable wine list (217)vibrant bar scene (180)romantic (161)hot spot (157)great for outdoor dining (145)good for groups (142)fit for foodies (121)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (40)late-night find (21)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Had the absolute best dining experience! Everything from the food, wait staff, presentation, was absolutely perfect! The wait staff makes you feel very happy to be there. You have several people interacting thru out your meal, they are all very kind and personable! It was my husbands birthday, they made a special deal each time they came to the table. Highly recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, slow serversIlovesteakDined on 9/17/2014For this level of dining, I would have expected more attentive service. Noise level too much for a business dinner. We were shouting across the table.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014My group loved the food and it was an excellent venue for a business dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/17/2014Service was excellent - waiter was very attentive and had great recommendations for wine and food. Food overall good but steak came out overlooked. Waiter offered to have meal recooked but then steak came out undercooked. Should not happen at a steakhouse.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere- Salty SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/17/2014Pros: Fantastic ambiance, nice waterfront view, romantic window table, tremendously attentive staff, Hip trendy feel. ConS: Food was disappointing, especially for the cost. Del Salad was So average, combo of iceberg/romaine, 2 full slices of bacon& good dressing, but iceberg?? I asked for all romaine & was told it was premixed. Be careful with ordering the steaks. It was a beautiful tender cut of meat. But it tasted like they dumped a bottle of Lawry's Seasoned salt on it. We should have sent it back but my husband did not want to wait longer. I like salt, but this was heavy handed. Be sure to specify light salt if you go. Mushrooms, Baked Potato and Berries w/ cream were all good. Again, Fun romantic evening, but the salt ruined for us.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Its hard to find Prime steaks these days... Great Steak at a Prime price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so happyNotHappyDined on 9/14/2014Had a reservation at 7:00 for an anniversary dinner and had to wait 20 minutes for table. Then they asked us if we wanted to site outside and it was around 60 degrees out. Then asked to sit in the bar area! My filet was ordered medium and it was medium well as it was a little burnt. Wasn't a great experience at all!Special Features:
- Christine GCmggDined on 9/13/2014Very noisy, steak was very tough could only eat half, host was rudeSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable but food issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014A fun night with our best friends, but two of the four had issues with their steaks. Service was great but when we returned both steaks, they came back over cooked and frankly not good. We spent over $800 for the four of us, the wine was great but il would have thought someone would have taken an interest after we had the issues. Our server and everyone was friendly, but they were busy.Special Features:
- Del friscosBuffyDined on 9/13/2014Birthday dinner for my son, called before to ask for a water view. We were seated in the bar which was so noisy we could not have a conversation. The hostess kept walking through the bar yelling out names The food was only fair. They got the appetizers wrong. The steaks were not cooked correctly despite being sent back. Overall a very poor experience and would not recommend. Overpriced steaks were only fair. No offer for coffee or dessert.
- BobBVIPDined on 9/12/2014Very disappointed. The prime rib steak was very fatty. I have had a better piece of meat at Ponderosa. Unfortunately, I kept cutting more and more of the steak in the hope that I would find the beef. About 50 percent fat. We were given a gift certificate for $150.00, but the total cost was about $100.00 more. I anticipated that. Del Friscos in Manhattan was far better. Great view though.Special Features:
- cars0153VIPDined on 9/7/2014There hostess staff needs major improvement in customer service. Checked in and then was totally ignored until someone finally came to seat us. They seemed to be more interested in something else at hostess station and just told me to go wait over there. the serving staff was excellent. Their competition in the area gives much better service. What ever hostess greets you takes you right to your table. also I called in saying I was running about 15 minutes late and whoever answered phone snapped back saying they would only hold the table for 15 minutes. I arrived and place was half empty. The steakhouse could learn quite a bit from their sister restaurant in Chestnut HillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchMimi2Dined on 9/7/2014First time dining here - beautiful place. Service was absolutely top notch! Our waiter seemed a little distracted, but still excellent. Food was very good but I didn't know the steak was so seasoned. I would've asked them to go lite.Special Features:
- Delicious!lkgvkVIPDined on 9/7/2014We dined outside on a Sunday evening and the views were fantastic! The service was attentive and helpful, but not overbearing. The wine selections offered something for everyone. The food was delicious. We four of us chose the Sunday fixed price menu and we were not disappointed!Special Features:
- Expensive, but great for occasionsGMARCHDined on 9/6/2014I love it here! I've only been twice for celebrations, and only wish I could come weekly!!! Unfortunately at $21 per crab cake, and $41 for an 8 ounce filet - albeit fabulous - it's very expensive. Everything is top notch, from the service to the food to the atmosphere - it's hands down my favorite steak house. Highly recommend for a special occasion or date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy!HollybearDined on 9/6/2014Very glamorous restaurant but overall it was way too noisy and the food was not at all up to par with the other steak houses in Boston! Looking for a great steak? Go to Abe and Louie's. Looking for a view go to del Friscos!Special Features:
- Very ExpensiveScottDined on 9/5/2014The food was really good, but everything was expensive and the total bill came out to an exorbitant amount.Special Features:
- recent celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014Waitstaff were incredible, but i sat near the bar and it was very loud with a few obnoxious characters. Steaks were incredible but I found the dessert bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Everything about this restaurant was excellent. Food, service and scene. Great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakhouse, great viewcconstDined on 9/1/2014The steaks were great, the view and ambience is really very nice in the docklands of Boston. Service was OK, but it was a little noisy.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014We picked this because it offered a fixed price - Prime Pairing - $49 menu. However, when we asked that menu we were told they had ended it but would offer it on Sundays. When I pointed out their website said through Sept. 1st, they acknowledged it but said they weren't offering it. Eventually, they honored it but on after I was embarrassed, After all that the food was good, but not great. Glad we didn't pay $60 per ala carte entreeSpecial Features:
- Great place for lunchJanec1960Dined on 9/1/2014We all had the Business Lunch which included an appetizer, 6 oz filet mignon and a side dish. The steak was seasoned perfectly. The wait staff was very nice and efficient. The view of Boston Harbor and the airport made this a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Thank you Delfrisco's for making our anniversery a very special one !! The atmosphere, food and service was outstandng !!Special Features:
- Special occasion placeBrooklineregularVIPDined on 8/31/2014Went for an anniversary dinner with a large party--view was magnificent, service superb, food excellent. Prices are steep, and many wines are ridiculously expensive although perfectly good choices in the $60-70 range. Steaks were tasty and done exactly as requested. Tuna also was prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Great service and viewMJLMOMDined on 8/31/2014Special anniversary dinner, the staff was well aware and went out if the way to acknowledge it. The waitress brought proseco to celebrate. The pear martini was great though pricey. The food was good and plentiful. The prix fix menu was a value excluding filet and 2 scallops that were tasty. The wedge salad was outstanding! The lemon cake dessert was huge and delicious. The water view table was perfect. I cannot say enough about the warm and attentive servers and managers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOOD & SERVICECVTRAVELLERDined on 8/31/2014FOOD WAS EXCELLENT. THE WAITRESS ASKED US HOW WE WANTED OUR FILET AND THEN WENT ON TO TELL US THE COLOR OF THE CENTER AND HOW THE SIDES WOULD BE ALSO. I THOUGHT THAT WAS GREAT. IT WAS DELICIOUS AND THE CRAB CAKES THE BEST I HAVE EVERY HAD. WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK.Special Features:
- Good,not great, meal and experienceChuckVIPDined on 8/30/2014Pretty good food here at a steep price. Oysters were good and fresh. Steak was excellent. Appetizers were good, but front of the house service left a lot to be desired. We grabbed a last minute reservation and headed there 2 1/2 hrs early with the prospect of grabbing an earlier seat. Was told it would be an hr and a half so we stuck around. Two hrs later, we still had no seat, but a hefty $200 bar bill. Hostess told us our seats were ready, so we cashed out at the bar, only to be told that they were confused and weren't ready for us just yet. We got more drinks at the bar and eventually were seated at our reservation time. Whole experiencea bad taste in my mouth, especially when you're spending $250/head for the whole night.
- DelDinerDined on 8/30/2014Great steakhouse down in the seaport. Thought the food was excellent and restaurant itself has a great view. The service was good but would have expected better for the the caliber restaurant it is.Special Features:
- Outstanding!MANDPYOLOTOURDined on 8/30/2014Everything was top notch from the service at the bar before being seated and continued through the dinner service. The food was incredible, the service was excellent, friendly, knowledgeable and we never felt rushed. I would recommend Del Frisco`s to everyone looking for a 5 star dining experience. Be prepared to spend it is a little pricey, but well worth it!Special Features:
- Frenzied at Del Fresco'sdevivoDined on 8/30/2014Much too noisy - the waitress rushed us through our order to the point where we had to ask her to slow down, since we were having trouble hearing her anyway. The food was fine, but the overall experience was not pleasant and not worth the high prices.
- 62 bdayLeetchie62Dined on 8/30/2014We had a beautiful view of the harbor. Food was hot and service was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at Del Frisco's!raishagDined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I had a great dinner at Del Frisco's. It was our first time dining there. There was a great view throughout the whole restaurant. The meal was delicious as was the service. Thanks Bobby!Special Features:
- Best Steak I've Ever HaddihhuitDined on 8/29/2014Del Frisco's is now officially the best steak I've ever had. I ordered the 22 oz Porterhouse, and it was spectacular. My lovely date had the lamb, which was also cooked to perfection. On top of this was impeccable service, and a pleasant ambiance. The view of the ocean is also great if you manage to get seated close to the windows. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014The restaurant has a nice view of the harbor. The severs were attentive and friendly. The steaks were great and the cheesecake was delicious. The spring rolls we had as an appetizer were a little underwhelming.Special Features:
- One gripe1gripeDined on 8/29/2014I think when you're spending good $ for an alacarte steak , you should not have to pay extra for the side sauces. Other Steakhouses do not charge extra for sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad....ZmanDined on 8/29/2014We really enjoyed the ambience, however, not all of the food was of the quality I would have expected of Del Frisco's. For example, my wife got a lobster tail for $95 and you could barely cut it because if likely sat under the heat lamp too long while the rest of the food was finished being prepared. The service was good with the wait staff being very attentive.Special Features:
- Three wonderful dining experiences!LolaDined on 8/29/2014I have been very satisfied each time I have visited Del Frisco's at lunch and dinner. Everyone was exceptionally accommodating and the dining experience was fabulous. The ambience is beautiful and the view is spectacular. The menu is exceptional with great choices. From starters, salads, entrees, and desserts you will know you are fine dining! Looking forward to future visits.Special Features:
- One uninfluential thingdgeoDined on 8/28/2014I thought everything was good, the food, the service, I had a reservation and was seated within minutes of arriving. We requested "still" water and was brought Vosse water, which is fine, but you do have to pay for it. She then brought a 2nd bottle without requesting it, you wouldn't do that with anything that wasn't complimentary right? I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super long time for foodNkearn02Dined on 8/28/2014We had 7:15 reservations but didn't get out food til 9:30 and the check didn't arrive until 11:15. Waiter bragged about how much money he made. And it was loud we had to tell across the table to hear each otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodBobGee47Dined on 8/28/2014The food and service was great and the seating was also good. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family.Special Features: