Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
250 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscos.com/
- Phone: (617) 951-1368
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 4:00pm: - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Late
Saturday - Sunday: 3:30pm - Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Carron
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse opens it's 9th location April 2011 on Boston's Liberty Wharf Seaport. Del Frisco's signature menu offers USDA Prime Beef & Fresh Seafood. We also feature a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list boasting over 1,500 selections from around the world. Our 14,000 square foot, 400 seat restaurant has a 40 seat circular bar & lounge area, 70 seat outdoor veranda, and three distinctive private dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
422 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (278)special occasion (276)notable wine list (184)vibrant bar scene (149)romantic (139)hot spot (139)good for groups (136)fit for foodies (119)great for outdoor dining (93)great for lunch (41)neighborhood gem (34)late-night find (21)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Fantastic evening dining in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/20/2014This is one of the best steakhouses in the Boston area. The view of the harbor lights in the evening is a great background to the foreground of food they graciously place in front of you. The saying "Less is more." applies here very well. The dishes are exactly that, less cluttered and more food! The steak is cooked to perfection with every flavor locked inside. Our table ordered four different varieties of steaks and all four were perfect in every way. The side dishes where plenty for all of us and the Calamari appetizer was amazingly sweety and spicy all at once. Personaly I would rate this four out of five stars with its only undoing being the noise level of the dining area. At times it was so loud that the waiter had to bend down to repeat what he was saying. With all that being said the wait staff was very friendly and extremely knowledgable. I would recommend this Resturant to all except those that want a quite place to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud and expensiveCosmo132Dined on 11/15/2014I was actually fairly disappointed. The restaurant was so loud that my wife and I couldn't even talk to each other. An energetic atmosphere is one thing but this was just too loud. The steaks we had were extremely good and worth the cost but everything else was overpriced. I got an old fashioned and was quite dissapointed. My first sip was straight up bourbon. The drink wasn't mixed at all. At $15 a pop I expected better. Service at our table was good but nothing to write about. In fact I almost even forgot to mention it in my review. Again not what you'd expect from a restaurant at this price point. All in all we truly enjoyed the steak and it was good to go to try it once but we won't be going back.
- My Wife's 50th BirthdaySullyDined on 11/15/2014Had my wife's 50th birthday celebration this past Saturday night and it was fantastic. I got to the reception area, gave my name and was told a special table was all set next to the windows for us. It was perfect, my wife was thrilled. From there it just kept getting better. Six friends joined us and everyone raved about the apps and the main course. Our server was fantastic, she did a great job. She made several suggestions that were easily shared around the table. All the steaks came at the same time so no delay waiting for someone to be served and again the suggestion on the sides was perfect. To finish off the meal our server brought over a plate with cheese cake and lemon cake that was so big we passed around the table. Del Frisco's sent this over complementary. It was a fantastic experience first time I had been to this restaurant and without a doubt going back again. They were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperiencejanelbDined on 11/14/2014great food, great vibe, very romantic. We let them know it was our wedding night and they helped us celebrate. The food as amazing and also the drinks. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding customer serviceMLDBostonDined on 11/13/2014I had a great dining experience, the food was excellent and the service was unbeatable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodforThoughtDined on 11/13/2014Food was fantastic! Filet and Ny strip cooked perfectly. Lobster mac and cheese was amazing. Service was excellent! So loud though!! It's difficult to even carry on a conversation...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...BostonfoodieDined on 11/12/2014It was extremely loud which meant we had to shout at each other all night. Really unpleasant for a work dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014For the birthday of the special lady in my life, I wanted a memorable and seamless experience. We have dined here prior, but the level of service, quality of food, incredible wine list, outside view, inside ambiance, and so much more makes Del Frisco's a must-do for her special day. We STRONGLY recommend this place when only the best will do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied CustomerSlimtrini30Dined on 11/10/2014I dined here on 11/10/14 with a 8:15 reservation, my waitress was Meagan. The person I was with was celebrating a birthday and was dining here for the first time. He was very impressed with the look of the restaurant as well as the food (he is very picky). Our waitress was excellent!! She recommended a dish which my picky friend loved!! He turned down dessert but she made sure to pack him something anyway and even taped a candle on top for later :) I myself have eaten here twice before and I will make sure to come again!! P.S Del Frisco's has the BEST crab cakes in town!!!!Special Features:
- Great night. Great food.DC2277Dined on 11/8/2014We started dinner off with the crab cakes. And coming from someone who doesn't eat seafood, they were possibly one of the best things I've ever eaten. So I highly recommend those. My girlfriend got the special of a trio of filet mignons and I got the double eagle steak. Everything was cooked perfect. And we received our food very quick. The sides of an gratin potatoes and creamed spinach were phenomenal as well. We then shared the banana bread pudding for desert which was also amazing. Overall I was very happy we chose Del friscos. It was a great time and food was as perfect as it getsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantEmmsDined on 11/8/2014Celebrated anniversary Saturday night.We had a great table looking out onto the harbor.Service was excellent and food very good.Vip cocktail was delicious!I ordered my steak med rare and I think was too rare .My husband ordered ribeye med and was cooked perfect.Overall DelFriscos was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appeals to a certain customeragapeDined on 11/7/2014High end steak houses are not my thing. I think it is fair to start with that disclaimer. If I am going to pay top dollar for a night out, I would prefer to experience the talents of a creative chef and the ability to choose items that I could not come close to preparing myself in my own kitchen. We were there to celebrate a special occasion and our guest loves steak houses so this was just where he would want to be. Several members of the Bruins were there which was an added treat for him. I thought the steaks were lovely, no complaints what so ever, just not a huge difference from a great steak cooked on my Weber. The sides were very average, with the butternut squash and potatoes having very little flavor.Special Features:
- Great food, too noisynotoutmuchDined on 11/4/2014Delicious costly food but could not hear the waiter nor the person sitting across from me. View of harbor wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johniemagiDined on 11/4/2014Great experience. Food was spectacular. Everyone's food cooked perfectly. It was packed for a Tuesday night. Everyone loved it except the guy who paid the tab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrankmeisterDined on 11/1/2014Outstanding food, great atmosphere and great service. Two minor flaws during out visit - though both were overwhelmed by the food and general service. First was the atmosphere - very noisy and energetic - we went for an anniversary, so it was not very "romantic" with the constant drum of talking and laughing around you. Second was a glitch in the service. We were promised bread when our server first greeted us, it did not come. Our appetizer came and went we asked for bread and got none. Our soups came and went, we asked for bread and none came. Finally we were served our steaks, and had to ask a third time for bread and it finally came. They did, however, make up for it with a complimentary piece of cheese cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Wonderful atmosphere to celebrate a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014Very disappointed upon arrival. Had to wait 10 minutes to be seated when place was empty and we had reservation as well. Confusion with hostesses.Very poor restaurant compared to other Del Frisco's we have dined at.Special Features:
- Special NightTomDDined on 10/27/2014Celebrated our anniversary here. Beautiful view of the harbor, great food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- WonderfulSundaySteak5Dined on 10/26/2014Recently celebrated our son’s birthday. Sun. eve. is a great time to go. Much less crowded and the noise level is not as energetic as other times when we have been there with business crowds. The food was excellent. We ordered several appetizers, entrees, sides, desserts, wine and in general followed the recommendations of our server Nico. Steaks were cooked perfectly and sooo flavorful. Everyone was very happy and Nico added to the fun. He really gave us unbelievable attention. He is a total professional and very amusing gentleman. DelFrisco is a great choice for special occasion dining and always a wise choice for amazing steaks.Special Features:
- Great nightJaye83Dined on 10/25/2014This was a great experience!!! The bar scene is great and vibrant. The food was amazing! The filet mignon with the bourbon peppercorn sauce was delicious! The family size sides were generous. The lobster mac & cheese was awesome. It was cheesy and the lobster was juicy and flavorful. The service was impeccable! I definitely will recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak place!ChocoholicVIPDined on 10/25/2014Everyone loved their steaks. However, the Caesar salad really had no taste. The croutons were nondescript and the pieces were too big. I have had better salads elsewhere. Also, the shrimp cocktail was good but they poured the cocktail sauce over a good portion of the shrimp and they failed to give a slice of lemon. Could be a problem if someone didn't want cocktail sauce. Other sides were hit or miss but overall the dinner was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014I had reservations at 10pm. The hostess sat us immediately. When arriving at the table, I already felt rushed. The server asked us for a beverage or a cocktail. We started with cocktails. I told the server that I wanted to hold on to list and I would look for a bottle. Five minutes later he came over and asked if I was ready to select a bottle. I told him I wasn't ready. You think he would get the hint but it took him 4 more times of me telling him I wasn't ready yet. I the server was way to aggressive and to pushy. When the apps came they were satisfactory but what was disappointing was 15 min later the entrees came leaving no time in between. The bill was over $350 and the service and food didn't match. Very disappointed,won't be back!!!!Special Features:
- Another Visit?PaulBobDined on 10/24/2014This was our first visit and we came away with mixed feelings. While the steak was among the best ever, the noise level made conversation virtually impossible. Side dishes were also very good, but the wine list, while extnsive, was overpriced (3-4x markup is a bit much!) We may try a different location, but a return to Boston is unlikely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014The food is phenomenal. The VIP drink is beyond delicious. Came here for a my boyfriend's birthday dinner on a Monday night and the restaurant was packed. Definitely make a reservation! Hard a hard time having a conversation with him because the noise level was up there. I found myself talking loud and having to say " what? I can't hear you" to a person who was less than 5 feet away from me. Other than that, great experience. The lobster mac & cheese was AMAZING!!! It is a must try!! Overall, good dining experience and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No surprisesBostonistaVIPDined on 10/19/2014Del Frisco's was exactly what I expected it to be. Just a standard steak house. The cocktail list was uninspired, and the food was typical of what one would expect. I ordered an 8 oz. filet and it was slightly overcooked. The service was subpar, but the manager was wonderful. I don't know if I would go back, unless someone invited me. Definitely not an intimate dining experience.Special Features:
- superb!dianeVIPDined on 10/19/2014Everything was awesome, from the Steak Tartare (melted in my mouth) which, was the 'theme of the night'. To the Bone-in Filet, which was like butter, so tender. The Shaved Brussels sprouts and bacon were delicious. Jessica, our server was so nice, attentive, 'down to earth' great person. Her server partner, leaned us towards the Adelsheim Pinot noir, so smooth and silky! My husband is a Crème Brule 'freak' and he said here, it was the best he's ever had in his life time. Thank you for such a delicious, awesome anniversary dinner.:)Special Features:
- Not great...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Mediocre delivery of food and service compared to prior dining experience there which was fun, loud, and energetic with dynamite steaks. Seemed like the crew was just not trying hard. We were a happy, rowdy group that was there to drink and dine, but the service slowed the whole night down and was just okay for quality. I never end food back, but my steak was too underdone to carve! Long delays between courses...Special Features:
- Delicious steaks loud restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014The food was delicious but the restaurant is very loud. It would be great for a crowd as the atmosphere is vibrant.Special Features:
- Great DinnerHdhejVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a great dinner and everything was fresh and just perfect except for one thing. The waiter could not make a cappuccino, so he have it to me on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer20thyearDined on 10/18/2014Chose Del Friscos for our 20th anniversary dinner night out. Everything was great, especially the service. All the wait staff were outstanding and our main server, Erica, was simply the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night and great diner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our night out at Del Frisco's , the food was great and portions so large they are best shared. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extreme noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014When we entered this beautiful restaurant I had high hopes of a wonderful dinner for two. Instead we barely spoke because the noise was defining. While we waited in the bar for our table I thought surely the restaurant would be much quieter. But to my horror there was no separation for the very loud bar scene and the patrons in the restaurant were yelling at rack other over the noise. Honestly, I just wanted to leave. To top it off, our main course came out about 5 minutes before our side dishes. Wish we had skipped this, way too pricey just so I can say I did it, restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding Meal and ServiceJeffCanada17Dined on 10/15/2014We reserved a table for four at Del Frisco's during out trip to Boston. We were celebrating my Mother's 70th Birthday. Del Frisco's provided us with a wonderful table overlooking the Boston Harbor. The restaurant's atmosphere was great and vibrant. The food was amazing, specifically the cheesesteak eggrolls, striploin steak, and the lemon cake. Our server, Timothy, was excellent and he helped to make our evening extra special.Special Features:
- Del Frisco's doesn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014Del Frisco's is a great steakhouse of consistent standards and quality. Several months ago we took some friends to Del Frisco's and enjoyed a great selection of steaks, sides (creamed spinach is amazing) and apps. This most recent visit the specials included a bone-in filet mignon. I couldn't resist. I highly recommend Del Frisco's.Special Features:
- Almost can't complainNoNickNameForYouDined on 10/14/2014Ambience is nice, there's a beautiful view. Service was great and food also great. The acoustics of the place seem to be bad or in the day I was there, it was pretty loud. That's the bad point. Deserts were average, not above it as the main dishes.Special Features:
- OutstandingTylerKDined on 10/13/2014One of the best meals I've ever had. Was overly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Jason!!Adevotee1VIPDined on 10/13/2014We had one of the best dinners in Boston all because of Jason! What a great person, staffer and human being. Took great care of our party of ten. Then Steve the Asst. General Manager was so gracious and came over to check on us. Fabulous food but what made it was Jason! Kim Owens....u would be proud of this Del Frisco!!!Special Features:
- Nice placefabfitsquadDined on 10/12/2014This a great place for a celebration or a fun night out with friends. The service was outstanding. Nico is awesome and the sommelier was excellent is choosing an amazing wineSpecial Features:
- All Goodsmooth123Dined on 10/10/2014Very nice experience yet again. Mark - our waiter - was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and location. AAA+++ChrissyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great food and atmosphere. Great location extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.