777 I Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
South AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://delcampodc.com/
- Phone: 2022897377x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm,
Thursday – Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Peruvian, South American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Del Campo
The lifestyle and food culture celebrated on an estancia, a large South American vineyard estate, is the inspiration for Victor Albisu’s flagship restaurant in the Chinatown neighborhood of Washington, D.C. The airy, 174-seat agrarian space is home to a meat-driven, wine-centric menu that is a product of Albisu’s Latin American roots and travels throughout Argentina, Chile, Peru, and Uruguay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Campo reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (149)special occasion (124)good for groups (66)notable wine list (66)romantic (49)hot spot (48)great for lunch (47)neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (38)vibrant bar scene (34)great for brunch (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Overall a great experience!LuvFoodDined on 8/26/2014I took some guests here for dinner and del campo delivered again. Food was amazing as usual. The salmon, octopus and chicaron appetizers were highlights. Twinkies for dessert is the new favorite. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014I have dined at Del Campo twice and have had a wonderful experience both times. The wait staff are so kind and attentive and have great suggestions to cater to many different tastes. The food is great and the atmosphere is elegant yet welcoming. I have never written a restaurant review before this but I had to share because this is my new favorite DC spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodilovefoodDined on 8/19/2014Went here with a friend for a restaurant week dinner and was not disappointed. I got the salad, the steak and the twinkies. The steak was one of the best-cooked pieces of meat I've had (perfectly medium with a nice pink tint in the centre and expertly seasoned), and the jalapeño puree was a very nice alternative to the standard mashed potato. The twinkies, though, stole the show - very moist, full of tres leche flavour and well complemented by the homemade passionfruit sorbet. Would definitely recommend this restaurant. One of my favourite places I've eaten in DC without a doubt.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicefoodfriendDined on 8/19/2014This was our anniversary meal and it was terrific. I loved the smoked cheese appetizer and both of us had perfectly cooked steaks, including a stuffed, rolled flank steak, and a skirt steak. Service was excellent too.Special Features:
- DelishJessiDined on 8/19/2014The food and service was great. Went for restaurant week, the food was amazing. My steak was perfectly cooked and the jalapeno potato puree was delicious. I tasted my friend burger and it was so juicy. Definitely am enticed to come back for brunch one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAMAZINGVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went during restaurant week and could not say enough about how great of an experience we had. Not only was the food delicious but the service was even more incredible. They definitely are one of the best restaurants in DC!Special Features:
- Great steak houseykchanDined on 8/17/2014This place knows their meats! The variety of grilled meats is awesome and the flavor was terrific. The place specializes in smoke everything - which may be too much (including smoked olive oil?), but they do it well. The restaurant week menu was surprisingly well done: salmon ceviche, grilled flank steak, and carrot cake / twinkies. I would definitely go back again after restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week Find!!GinMartiniGirlDined on 8/17/2014We've had Del Campo on our "wish list" for quite a while and it should be at the very top. The ceviche was amazing. We ordered three entrees offered for the Restaurant Week Menu, Peruvian chicken, flank steak (comes with marrow!) and swordfish. All were wonderful and although we will usually pick on entree as the best this time we had a first place tie. We had to try Twinkies for dessert along with the carrot cake. Both were amazing. One note that made for a "definitely we'll be back" was the way our server , William, handled a minor (very minor) misunderstanding about a dessert order. Not only did they acknowledge the mishap but provided an order of the correct dessert for take home! Cocktails at the bar were equally amazing..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hell yeah!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014I can't understand with this restaurant wasn't more crowded. The food is excellent and so is the service. I went to Del Campo for Restaurant Week and I really enjoyed it. The drinks are really good and well flavored. I had the best Mojito that I've ever had and the Limonada sucia, yum. The empanadas with shrimp and crab and the ones with wild mushrooms, excellent. The steak was perfectly cooked. The peruvian chicken was better than average-which was the only negative to the entire experience. The carrot cake was absolutely to die for. I'll go back, just won't have the peruvian chicken.Special Features:
- SliverDined on 8/17/2014The food was fabulous, the flavors came through beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suzanneDined on 8/16/2014beautiful place - disappointing short ribs. They were really breast deckel instead and too expensive.
- Good food and a good timePMDCDined on 8/16/2014I went to dinner with a friend Saturday night. We sat outside which was really nice. The meal was excellent, with good portions and presentation, and the service was nice too. Overall, I thought Del Campo was nice and I enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable meal and eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Arrived 45 minutes late due to notorious NOVA traffic but staff graciously kept our table for 6. Great recommendation from the sommelier, we ended up ordering two of the recommended bottle. For the meal we shared family-style multiple offerings from the Asado along with a whole branzino. Quality of the meats were amazing and cooked perfectly up to our desired temperature. All 4 of the accompanied sauces for the asado were great. Excellent service and beautiful ambiance. Will definitely return with a group after a timely break to indulge in more of the asado offerings. Perhaps return solo or with my wife to try the choripan or chivito.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Good cocktails. Flank steak and Peruvian chicken were not extraordinary, The swordfish was overcooked. The wait staff were not attentive. We did a lot of waiting. We will not be returning to this restaurant and I doubt it will survive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014Can't go wrong! Fantastic old fashions. Food was great and the service was very good. We're already looking forward to going back!Special Features:
- Awesome BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014One of the best burgers I've had in the past 2 years, easily!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lunch of Restaurant WeekSiouxsieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Hands down, this was my best lunch of Restaurant Week - the salmon ceviche with avocado was outstanding, light but complex flavors. The flank steak was very rich and beefy, and the dessert twinkies with passion fruit were a fun and tasty conclusion. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!LeelaDined on 8/15/2014I went here for lunch with a co-worker and we loved it! The food was amazing. And, the staff were appropriately attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekRWSummer2014Dined on 8/15/2014We went for lunch during restaurant week and the food was very good...I recommend the salmon ceviche and the Peruvian chicken . Our server, Omar was very knowledgeable about the food ingredients, and was able to tell my Muslim friend which items to avoid because pork was one of the ingredients. Would recommend for Restaurant Week or a special occasion because of the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience and food!HoyabethDined on 8/14/2014My husband is Peruvian, so when Del Campo opened, he couldn't wait to try the elevated Latin American food. And it didn't disappoint! We recently went again for Restaurant Week with a large group - both of which can test a restaurant's ability to deliver - and Del Campo was wonderful. Server was friendly, on point and unobtrusive. The menu was a bit limited so they could handle Restaurant Week, I'm sure, but it had something for everyone. The warm bread with smoked olive oil starts things off right. Standouts were the Peruvian chicken and ceviche. We also took note of the Post's Review and tried the Don David wine that was recommended and it was a stunning value. We will be back!Special Features:
- more than I expectedrealfoodformeDined on 8/14/2014The whole idea of South American grilled food was tantalizing. The lunch exceeded my expectations!! I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch for Restaurant WeekLauraVIPDined on 8/14/2014I had heard mixed reviews about this restaurant from friends, but decided to try Del Campo for lunch with a group of four during Restaurant Week. We were all first timers at Del Campot, and were all VERY impressed by the Restaurant Week selection and portion sizes. Between the four of us, we tried everything on the Restaurant Week menu, and were all pleased with our dishes. Our favorites included the cobb salad and salmon tartar appetizers, as well as the burger and the skirt steak mains. The restaurant was tastefully decorated and the staff was attentive without being overwhelming. Our only dislike was the lemonaid, which contained a grilled lemon... tasted burnt and was not exactly refreshing.Special Features:
- Awesome for Restaurant weekDCBUCDined on 8/14/2014Delicious and generous - we will go back again. Had the steak, ceviche, and carrot cake - all amazing!
- LedZepp7Dined on 8/13/2014"Very comfortable, great service, good food and atmosphere! Steak was delicious!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One and doneTreRVIPDined on 8/13/2014Del Campo fell short on my expectations. Their appetizers and desserts were quite good. Where they fell short is in preparing their steak. I ordered my dish cooked medium rare and unfortunately they don't know the meat needs to rest before being cut. The plate was brought out with the plate full of blood and the meat as dry as beef jerky.
- Very, Very NoisyNickDined on 8/13/2014The noise from the bar seemed to cause the people at the next table to increase the loudness of their shrieks and so it want. Too bad that the noise level detracted so much from the meal. The bread was good. The salmon and empanada appetizers were good, if a bit over salty. The swordfish was reasonable, but the Peruvian chicken was dry and not very tasty - we get much better at our local Peruvian chicken place. Desserts were a bit too sweet. I'm tempted to give them one more try with the full menu, but then I remember the noise ...Special Features:
- food was good; poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2014I went for lunch and it took 2 hours to get our food. The food was good, but not worth the wait or unapologetic wait staff.
- Expensive Malbec, uninformed waiterMalbec75Dined on 8/12/2014Our waiter must have been quite new, as he was unable to answer questions about the menu (though he did offer to ask). Our group, having spent time in Argentina, found the beef to be fine, but not great and the chimichurri was too liquidy/oily and heavy on the parsley. The Choripan was not traditional, but it was tasty and well-executed. For some reason, the Malbec alone of the wines seems way over-priced at $17 a glass (and we know Malbecs).Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014We came here for restaurant week. It has nice casual ambiance, the staff is friendly, but didn't check on us enough. The food was delicious. I got the mushroom empanadas and they were very tasty. My steak was cooked nicely, medium well. It said it came with jalapeño potato purée, but there was so little underneath a corner of the steak that I couldn't even taste it. It would be nice if it came with a side of vegetables or enough purée for me to try. The wine is very expensive and so is everything on the menu. I really liked the steak, but I don't think I would go unless it's restaurant week because it's just so expensive. Great to try if your in the mood for steak and don't want to go to the typical chain places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceDexterMorganDined on 8/11/2014This was my first pick of Restaurant week and I have to say we are pretty disappointed. My only complaint with Del Campo was the service. Our server never came back to check on us and see if we needed anything. Over the course of our meal we finished our drinks. It was about 20 minutes before we were able to get a refill from one of the staff that we had to grab because our server never came back. We finally completed our meal and the table was cleared by the staff, we then sat there for another 30 minutes waiting for dessert. I really enjoyed the food but the quality of service has sealed the deal with me. I will never visit Del Campo again.........
- doesn't match hypefoodieDined on 8/11/2014Restaurant Week offering for lunch was unremarkable.Special Features:
- Excellent overall experience!GabyDined on 8/11/2014I will definitely go back! Would love to see some happy hour specials on drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- People Great, Food not soBybyDined on 8/9/2014My son spoke very highly of Del Campo. The wait staff was marvelous, the food was not. Appetizers terrific, Grilled Octopus, Cochirrones,sp. The grilled bread also very good, nice wine list, not too expensive. Ambience is very nice. The steaks, which we ordered medium rare, as we were advised, were done to perfection. But we could hardly cut them, and they were not very flavorfu. That being said, we would return, because we think this was an aberration.Special Features:
- ExcellentMyLifeForFoodDined on 8/8/2014We ordered the hangar steak, the smoked avocado-Swiss burger, one morcilla sausage, a side of smoked greens, and the asparagus with smoked Hollandaise. The burger and hangar steak truly were superb. The taste of the morcilla was better than its texture, but that is not uncommon for blood sausage, generally. The smoked greens were delicious and a tad more interesting than the asparagus, but no complaints. Dessert of tres leches "Twinkies" which were good, but not nearly as good as the passion fruit and mango sorbet that accompanied them. Service was outstanding, even to the point of saving the leftovers for me (that I forgot) until the next day upon my request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always impressedMarlonVIPDined on 8/7/2014One if DC's best restaurants...hands down! Food is superb. Great place to bring my clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014I went to Del Campo a few times. I loved the food. With the cheapest Malbec on the list $70x2, we ended up spending $370+$80 Gratuity for 4 people. As good as everything was I wish it was a little more reasonable. It was also disappointing that there was not a bottle of Malbec in the $40 range. Other than that I was very happy with the overall experience.
- Way overpricedArgusDined on 8/2/2014Service was mediocre. Portions were unbalanced (main course fish was about 3-4 oz and steak was 12 oz). Prices weren't warranted for what they serve ($50 steak + $10 fries). Wasn't impressed with the wine list either.Special Features:
- Delicious Argentinian foodSuperDDined on 8/2/2014Innovative Peruvian twists are added to Argentinian "Asado" classics at this restaurant where everything is cooked on the grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRudy2411Dined on 8/1/2014I was in DC on work and popped into Del Campo for a bite in the evening. Very good service and the food was really very good. A good surprise and one that I would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Peruvian ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Fantastic! And the accompanying smells from the roasting spices in the open kitchen were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.