777 I Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
South AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://delcampodc.com/
- Phone: 2022897377x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm,
Thursday – Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Peruvian, South American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Del Campo
The lifestyle and food culture celebrated on an estancia, a large South American vineyard estate, is the inspiration for Victor Albisu’s flagship restaurant in the Chinatown neighborhood of Washington, D.C. The airy, 174-seat agrarian space is home to a meat-driven, wine-centric menu that is a product of Albisu’s Latin American roots and travels throughout Argentina, Chile, Peru, and Uruguay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Campo reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (157)special occasion (126)good for groups (76)notable wine list (66)neighborhood gem (55)great for lunch (53)romantic (52)hot spot (46)vibrant bar scene (35)great for outdoor dining (35)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Terrible service and long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014It was the worst service we have ever experienced. The cocktails took 20 minutes to arrive. We sat down at and the food came 1 1-2 hours later.
- Underwhelming. Actually, just bad.mdguy218VIPDined on 9/19/2014Among four people, we liked one appetizer and zero entrees. Steaks were mealy. Meatballs were dry. The octopus and hamachi were ok. My dirty martini was disgusting. One of the worst meals in DC in a very long time and certainly not cheap. Our waiter was terrible but the back service staff was good
- Outstanding quality!MetooDined on 9/19/2014Food tastes delicious, service was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2014Octopus salad is world class. Service needs some work. Waiter was slow and had to be asked to bring menus. Then water. Seemed disinterested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go-To Lunch ChoicerudydaleVIPDined on 9/12/2014My colleagues and I have now visited Del Campo on three occassions over the past 2 months and we always enjoy the lunch special - a sandwich and a libation for a mere $12 per person - as well as the scrumptious soft, hot bread, olive oil and sea salt that the cheerful wait staff quickly bring to our table. We love this restaurant and the lunch menu!Special Features:
- Can't Review What You Didn't GetTXagsVIPDined on 9/8/2014We ordered an appetizer (Steak Tartare) and salads for lunch. The Steak Tartare was wonderful. After one hour and 20 minutes we still had not received our salads. We had to get the salads to go. I understand problems happen but nobody bothered to let us know the issues. In fact, we didn't even get the apology until we received the check, and that was without any explanation. I never ate the salad that was to-go. Some how Salmon didn't sound appetizing 4 hours later (when I got my next break in the day). We arrived early for lunch and it was not crowded. I am not sure I would go back.
- Just outstandingRhondaDined on 9/7/2014I had a great time the waiters were just so pleasant , the food was awesome, and I like the drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealMsMTVIPDined on 9/7/2014We went there with friends on Sunday evening and had a great meal. We shared the grilled octopus to start, and it was tender and delicious. Two of us had the Peruvian chicken. The seasonings were excellent and it was enough for a second meal. Another entree we had was calamari chorizo--the chorizo was stuffed into calamari tubes. I didn't taste it but our friend's plate was wiped clean. My husband had sweetbreads which he really enjoyed. The service was excellent, the seating very comfortable (none of those flat wooden chairs that seem so popular in many restaurants lately), and overall a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal.jdrubVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was interesting and delicious. I loved the South American flare. The server was attentive and very well versed on the menu. Worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceBillDined on 9/6/2014Service was slow to start but once the drinks arrived everything went very well. We ordered several beef cuts as well as chorizos, sweetbreads, etc. Also ordered the fugazetta. Everything was cooked to perfection. I wish they had more salads to choose from to accompany the beef. Will come back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnersisiDined on 9/5/2014Everything was so perfect...... The food super excelent!!!!!! The wine list and the wine we choose was delicious!!!!!!The waiter and helpers were perfect....... It was a great experience!!!!!! We are planning to be there next saturday with a group of friends.Special Features:
- Probably shoulda just come for meatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Though I wanted the Branzino, it was unavailable. We chose instead to pick several appetizers. I came away from the dining experience with mixed emotions. The chicharrones were not fried pig skin as I expected but deep fried pork belly. The smoked uni carbonara had grilled peas ( my gripe being that peas are not a legitimate part of "carbonara". The provoleta didn't come with nearly enough bread for the cheese in the dish. The ceviche was passable but far from delightful. The empanadas were the sole stand out dish: the meat inside was flavorful, the crust had a perfect crispness and the sauce had a nice spiciness. In the end, after having the empanada, I wish I had just ordered some other meat.Special Features:
- Always love this placeDCHungerDined on 9/3/2014I will find any excuse to come here. Although the food is a little bit on the expensive side, it's not because this placed is over priced, it's because this place is awesome. Food is always amazing no matter what i try on the menu. Service has always been good but on this trip, one of the party was expecting the 'medium' steak a little bit more cooked (quite a subjective thing any way)... they were lovely in dealing with this and the steak came back just as he wanted it. Even gave us a little after dinner treat with a candle for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014I have been to Del Campo three times, twice for brunch and once for dinner, and each one was FANTASTIC!!! The chorizo hash for brunch was delicious.Special Features:
- Horrible food and serviceWolfiepjwDined on 8/30/2014Don't order the signature dish-- skirt steak. 54 bucks for a horribly cooked steak. Will never step foot in this place again. Waiter was an amateur and not prepared. Waited long times for menu, bread, drinks, and the presentation was little league.
- Perfect to treat out of townerslkw0804Dined on 8/30/2014My parents were visiting the city and my husband and I took them to Del Campo for a nice dinner. Everyone was so happy with their meal. The wine complimented the meal perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014We had a great dinner at Del Campo--terrific food and very fine service. Will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great experience!LuvFoodDined on 8/26/2014I took some guests here for dinner and del campo delivered again. Food was amazing as usual. The salmon, octopus and chicaron appetizers were highlights. Twinkies for dessert is the new favorite. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- WonderfulDCdining14Dined on 8/25/2014I have dined at Del Campo twice and have had a wonderful experience both times. The wait staff are so kind and attentive and have great suggestions to cater to many different tastes. The food is great and the atmosphere is elegant yet welcoming. I have never written a restaurant review before this but I had to share because this is my new favorite DC spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodilovefoodDined on 8/19/2014Went here with a friend for a restaurant week dinner and was not disappointed. I got the salad, the steak and the twinkies. The steak was one of the best-cooked pieces of meat I've had (perfectly medium with a nice pink tint in the centre and expertly seasoned), and the jalapeño puree was a very nice alternative to the standard mashed potato. The twinkies, though, stole the show - very moist, full of tres leche flavour and well complemented by the homemade passionfruit sorbet. Would definitely recommend this restaurant. One of my favourite places I've eaten in DC without a doubt.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicefoodfriendDined on 8/19/2014This was our anniversary meal and it was terrific. I loved the smoked cheese appetizer and both of us had perfectly cooked steaks, including a stuffed, rolled flank steak, and a skirt steak. Service was excellent too.Special Features:
- DelishJessiDined on 8/19/2014The food and service was great. Went for restaurant week, the food was amazing. My steak was perfectly cooked and the jalapeno potato puree was delicious. I tasted my friend burger and it was so juicy. Definitely am enticed to come back for brunch one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAMAZINGVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went during restaurant week and could not say enough about how great of an experience we had. Not only was the food delicious but the service was even more incredible. They definitely are one of the best restaurants in DC!Special Features:
- Great steak houseykchanDined on 8/17/2014This place knows their meats! The variety of grilled meats is awesome and the flavor was terrific. The place specializes in smoke everything - which may be too much (including smoked olive oil?), but they do it well. The restaurant week menu was surprisingly well done: salmon ceviche, grilled flank steak, and carrot cake / twinkies. I would definitely go back again after restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week Find!!GinMartiniGirlDined on 8/17/2014We've had Del Campo on our "wish list" for quite a while and it should be at the very top. The ceviche was amazing. We ordered three entrees offered for the Restaurant Week Menu, Peruvian chicken, flank steak (comes with marrow!) and swordfish. All were wonderful and although we will usually pick on entree as the best this time we had a first place tie. We had to try Twinkies for dessert along with the carrot cake. Both were amazing. One note that made for a "definitely we'll be back" was the way our server , William, handled a minor (very minor) misunderstanding about a dessert order. Not only did they acknowledge the mishap but provided an order of the correct dessert for take home! Cocktails at the bar were equally amazing..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hell yeah!CreeDined on 8/17/2014I can't understand with this restaurant wasn't more crowded. The food is excellent and so is the service. I went to Del Campo for Restaurant Week and I really enjoyed it. The drinks are really good and well flavored. I had the best Mojito that I've ever had and the Limonada sucia, yum. The empanadas with shrimp and crab and the ones with wild mushrooms, excellent. The steak was perfectly cooked. The peruvian chicken was better than average-which was the only negative to the entire experience. The carrot cake was absolutely to die for. I'll go back, just won't have the peruvian chicken.Special Features:
- SliverDined on 8/17/2014The food was fabulous, the flavors came through beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suzanneDined on 8/16/2014beautiful place - disappointing short ribs. They were really breast deckel instead and too expensive.
- Good food and a good timePMDCDined on 8/16/2014I went to dinner with a friend Saturday night. We sat outside which was really nice. The meal was excellent, with good portions and presentation, and the service was nice too. Overall, I thought Del Campo was nice and I enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable meal and eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Arrived 45 minutes late due to notorious NOVA traffic but staff graciously kept our table for 6. Great recommendation from the sommelier, we ended up ordering two of the recommended bottle. For the meal we shared family-style multiple offerings from the Asado along with a whole branzino. Quality of the meats were amazing and cooked perfectly up to our desired temperature. All 4 of the accompanied sauces for the asado were great. Excellent service and beautiful ambiance. Will definitely return with a group after a timely break to indulge in more of the asado offerings. Perhaps return solo or with my wife to try the choripan or chivito.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Good cocktails. Flank steak and Peruvian chicken were not extraordinary, The swordfish was overcooked. The wait staff were not attentive. We did a lot of waiting. We will not be returning to this restaurant and I doubt it will survive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014Can't go wrong! Fantastic old fashions. Food was great and the service was very good. We're already looking forward to going back!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekLilyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went for restaurant week and was not impressed. Good food but not sure what all the fuss is about. RW steaks were nothing special, but maybe a la carte menu with family style meat board would have been better. Have also been for happy hour and love the morcilla and panzanella bread salad. Passion fruit "twinkies" for dessert were delicious.Special Features:
- Awesome BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014One of the best burgers I've had in the past 2 years, easily!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lunch of Restaurant WeekSiouxsieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Hands down, this was my best lunch of Restaurant Week - the salmon ceviche with avocado was outstanding, light but complex flavors. The flank steak was very rich and beefy, and the dessert twinkies with passion fruit were a fun and tasty conclusion. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!LeelaDined on 8/15/2014I went here for lunch with a co-worker and we loved it! The food was amazing. And, the staff were appropriately attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekRWSummer2014Dined on 8/15/2014We went for lunch during restaurant week and the food was very good...I recommend the salmon ceviche and the Peruvian chicken . Our server, Omar was very knowledgeable about the food ingredients, and was able to tell my Muslim friend which items to avoid because pork was one of the ingredients. Would recommend for Restaurant Week or a special occasion because of the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience and food!HoyabethDined on 8/14/2014My husband is Peruvian, so when Del Campo opened, he couldn't wait to try the elevated Latin American food. And it didn't disappoint! We recently went again for Restaurant Week with a large group - both of which can test a restaurant's ability to deliver - and Del Campo was wonderful. Server was friendly, on point and unobtrusive. The menu was a bit limited so they could handle Restaurant Week, I'm sure, but it had something for everyone. The warm bread with smoked olive oil starts things off right. Standouts were the Peruvian chicken and ceviche. We also took note of the Post's Review and tried the Don David wine that was recommended and it was a stunning value. We will be back!Special Features:
- more than I expectedrealfoodformeDined on 8/14/2014The whole idea of South American grilled food was tantalizing. The lunch exceeded my expectations!! I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch for Restaurant WeekLauraVIPDined on 8/14/2014I had heard mixed reviews about this restaurant from friends, but decided to try Del Campo for lunch with a group of four during Restaurant Week. We were all first timers at Del Campot, and were all VERY impressed by the Restaurant Week selection and portion sizes. Between the four of us, we tried everything on the Restaurant Week menu, and were all pleased with our dishes. Our favorites included the cobb salad and salmon tartar appetizers, as well as the burger and the skirt steak mains. The restaurant was tastefully decorated and the staff was attentive without being overwhelming. Our only dislike was the lemonaid, which contained a grilled lemon... tasted burnt and was not exactly refreshing.Special Features: