777 I Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
South AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://delcampodc.com/
- Phone: 2022897377x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm,
Thursday – Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Peruvian, South American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Del Campo
The lifestyle and food culture celebrated on an estancia, a large South American vineyard estate, is the inspiration for Victor Albisu’s flagship restaurant in the Chinatown neighborhood of Washington, D.C. The airy, 174-seat agrarian space is home to a meat-driven, wine-centric menu that is a product of Albisu’s Latin American roots and travels throughout Argentina, Chile, Peru, and Uruguay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Campo reviews from OpenTable diners
264 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (158)special occasion (121)good for groups (75)notable wine list (67)neighborhood gem (53)romantic (53)hot spot (49)great for lunch (47)vibrant bar scene (30)great for outdoor dining (30)great for brunch (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- FoodieDined on 10/18/2014The food was oustanding in every respect. Some unigue flavors for us but well prepared. We will be back.Special Features:
- Del Campo does not disappointKC22180Dined on 10/17/2014Our waiter Sam was excellent and the skirt steak was unbelievably delicious! We highly recommend the grilled octopus and beet salad appetizers. Chef's ability to smoke a meat and bring out its best qualities is phenomenal. One of our favorite places to eat!Special Features:
- In the mood for something differentAjayDined on 10/14/2014If you are in the mood for something different, Del Campo is for you. The service is great & the ambiance is nice. The food at this South American restaurant is different - both in terms of what's on the menu and how its prepared. Know that going in. This isn't a place to go when you are hungry or want comfort foods. This is a place to go when you are ready to explore! And, be warned, it is expensive. Different doesn't mean bad - it means not exactly like what you'd expect. The Salmon Ceviche was excellent. One more note, this is one of those restaurant that purposely burns the edges of everything it cooks. Take that into account when judging serving sizes.Special Features:
- Delicious Food/so so serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014The food was superb. Everyone at our table loved their dinner, but didn't love the service. The waitress never smiled, was not attentive and overcharged us $80 on our bill. My husband asked for a second round of bread five times before receiving it. The meatballs, which I didn't try, were apparently spectacular. I had the short ribs. I was expecting a braised version, but it seemed more like a grilled ribeye. It was delicious, though. The sides were heaven. We had the polenta, the potato salad, and the jalapeño mashed potatoes.Special Features:
- Excellent foodNotagymbunny33Dined on 10/11/2014My partner and I were meeting friends from out of town here for a Saturday dinner, and the food was wonderfully delicious! Our server was great, but at times a bit slow to come around. However, the staff was very prompt about taking away our plates after we finished our respective courses. Overall, a great find and a must-try place for lovers of all things grilled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great cocktails and food!AJinDCVIPDined on 10/11/2014We tried the pisco sours, limonada and mojito - all were grwat. We started with beef empanadas and grilled octopus cauza - simply amazing. We switched to wine and had ribeye st we ak and peruvian chicken for our main course. Just perfection. We have to go back and try dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!MariapaDined on 10/11/2014It's a non rustic, but elegant restaurant, rather spacious than small, so you can have a group perfectly seated. The food was good. We loved the 48oz rib eye. The octopus appetizer was over done, but we put olive oil and sea salt and it was tasty. Jalapeño mashed potatoes were good and that was or side for the rib eye. Desserts were also very good. We had the tres leches and also the dulce de leche crepes. Both good! Enjoyed it all!!Special Features:
- Great foodjay2chefDined on 10/8/2014Went for a birthday dinner with friends and had wonderful food and wonderful drinks...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014We tried the restaurant as we had heard it was good south American food. Some was good but it seemed the chef tried too hard. The more basic traditional items were much better than the variations on classics. Strange flavor combinations didn't fare well with us. The service was average and the tables were very small and close together - not at all good for any privacy and made it difficult to maneuver for seating and managing the meals. (The table next to us knocked a glass of wine off table since table was so small and then the wine splashed all over our pants and shoes).Special Features:
- Noisy, mediocreOli321Dined on 10/8/2014Very noisy, not good for business lunches. Steak was mediocre, much better options around town. Service was excellent. Good ambiance.
- Very disappointing.........FoodGentDined on 10/6/2014Great atmosphere. Friendly, polished staff. Service was very, very, very slow. 2 of the 6 people in our party complained about significantly over-cooked meet. When you ask for more bread, don't expect to get it sooner than 18 minutes later, and generally with not nearly enough to satisfy the size of your party. Overall, we were all quite disappointed. What a shame. We simply won't be back. why bother?.....
- Fantastic food!glory59VIPDined on 10/5/2014We went for brunch: unlimited mimosas and food. The food was delicious, every single plate. The only downside was the service *at the beginning*. We waited for approximately 15 minutes before anyone came to our table to talk to us. Luckily one of the managers (I'm assuming was the manager, IDK) came to the rescue. After that everything went great, and the service was great. I'll definitely come back. From the brunch menu... you MUST try the empanadas, pork chicharron omelet, chorizo casserole, morcilla and polenta plate and the steak and eggs Benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentArtiebrown62Dined on 10/4/2014Steak dishes we're subvert! Excellent appetizers great variety to choose from. A great place to try something new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014Conveniently located near the convention center. Good place for a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Horrible ServiceJenJLDined on 9/27/2014A server (who was not the server who took our orders) brough to our table the butcher block with the grilled meat we ordered, she dropped the tray that is underneath the block which has lit embers & the tray hit my friend as it crashed toward the floor. This caused enough of a commotion that several servers & a manager came over to make sure everything was okay. The manager was concerned enough that he checked on us again about 5 to 10 minutes after coming over the first time. However, restaurant did nothing else to make up for this mishap. We didn't think the lack of comping anything was worth mentioning as management was aware of the mishap. My friends said they would not return to Del Campo despite liking the food.Special Features:
- ExcellentIsabellaDined on 9/27/2014We all agreed...in the top 5 of our culinary experiences. Everything was fabulous!Special Features:
- First timePaulDined on 9/26/2014This Friday was the first time I've dined at Del Campo. It was fabulous. Great steaks - grilled to perfection, grilled octopus a d sweet bread. Coctails very good. We shared one dessert, which was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionlocaldinerVIPDined on 9/23/2014Great for a birthday dinner/special occasion. Food and cocktails were delicious and server was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlawlessLoewenboyDined on 9/22/2014Food, service, prices -->Flawless Beef heart anticucho is must try.Special Features:
- Nice place for lunchterrypVIPDined on 9/22/2014I'm sure it's also great for dinner, but I took a colleague here for lunch, and it was an excellent choice. House-made chorizo with grilled greens for me, a burger for him that him swooning. A delicious iced tea that I couldn't quite identify.
- Terrible service and long waitFoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014It was the worst service we have ever experienced. The cocktails took 20 minutes to arrive. We sat down at and the food came 1 1-2 hours later.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was good, wine was yummy, but the service was so bad and chaotic. For a high-class restaurant with these prices they were so unprofessional. Small example; they brought us 5 times the menu...after we had already ordered. The wine came to the table after we had finished the starters.
- Underwhelming. Actually, just bad.mdguy218VIPDined on 9/19/2014Among four people, we liked one appetizer and zero entrees. Steaks were mealy. Meatballs were dry. The octopus and hamachi were ok. My dirty martini was disgusting. One of the worst meals in DC in a very long time and certainly not cheap. Our waiter was terrible but the back service staff was good
- Outstanding quality!MetooDined on 9/19/2014Food tastes delicious, service was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2014Octopus salad is world class. Service needs some work. Waiter was slow and had to be asked to bring menus. Then water. Seemed disinterested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go-To Lunch ChoicerudydaleVIPDined on 9/12/2014My colleagues and I have now visited Del Campo on three occassions over the past 2 months and we always enjoy the lunch special - a sandwich and a libation for a mere $12 per person - as well as the scrumptious soft, hot bread, olive oil and sea salt that the cheerful wait staff quickly bring to our table. We love this restaurant and the lunch menu!Special Features:
- Can't Review What You Didn't GetTXagsVIPDined on 9/8/2014We ordered an appetizer (Steak Tartare) and salads for lunch. The Steak Tartare was wonderful. After one hour and 20 minutes we still had not received our salads. We had to get the salads to go. I understand problems happen but nobody bothered to let us know the issues. In fact, we didn't even get the apology until we received the check, and that was without any explanation. I never ate the salad that was to-go. Some how Salmon didn't sound appetizing 4 hours later (when I got my next break in the day). We arrived early for lunch and it was not crowded. I am not sure I would go back.
- Just outstandingRhondaDined on 9/7/2014I had a great time the waiters were just so pleasant , the food was awesome, and I like the drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealMsMTVIPDined on 9/7/2014We went there with friends on Sunday evening and had a great meal. We shared the grilled octopus to start, and it was tender and delicious. Two of us had the Peruvian chicken. The seasonings were excellent and it was enough for a second meal. Another entree we had was calamari chorizo--the chorizo was stuffed into calamari tubes. I didn't taste it but our friend's plate was wiped clean. My husband had sweetbreads which he really enjoyed. The service was excellent, the seating very comfortable (none of those flat wooden chairs that seem so popular in many restaurants lately), and overall a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal.jdrubVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was interesting and delicious. I loved the South American flare. The server was attentive and very well versed on the menu. Worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceBillDined on 9/6/2014Service was slow to start but once the drinks arrived everything went very well. We ordered several beef cuts as well as chorizos, sweetbreads, etc. Also ordered the fugazetta. Everything was cooked to perfection. I wish they had more salads to choose from to accompany the beef. Will come back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnersisiDined on 9/5/2014Everything was so perfect...... The food super excelent!!!!!! The wine list and the wine we choose was delicious!!!!!!The waiter and helpers were perfect....... It was a great experience!!!!!! We are planning to be there next saturday with a group of friends.Special Features:
- Probably shoulda just come for meatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Though I wanted the Branzino, it was unavailable. We chose instead to pick several appetizers. I came away from the dining experience with mixed emotions. The chicharrones were not fried pig skin as I expected but deep fried pork belly. The smoked uni carbonara had grilled peas ( my gripe being that peas are not a legitimate part of "carbonara". The provoleta didn't come with nearly enough bread for the cheese in the dish. The ceviche was passable but far from delightful. The empanadas were the sole stand out dish: the meat inside was flavorful, the crust had a perfect crispness and the sauce had a nice spiciness. In the end, after having the empanada, I wish I had just ordered some other meat.Special Features:
- Always love this placeDCHungerDined on 9/3/2014I will find any excuse to come here. Although the food is a little bit on the expensive side, it's not because this placed is over priced, it's because this place is awesome. Food is always amazing no matter what i try on the menu. Service has always been good but on this trip, one of the party was expecting the 'medium' steak a little bit more cooked (quite a subjective thing any way)... they were lovely in dealing with this and the steak came back just as he wanted it. Even gave us a little after dinner treat with a candle for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014I have been to Del Campo three times, twice for brunch and once for dinner, and each one was FANTASTIC!!! The chorizo hash for brunch was delicious.Special Features:
- Horrible food and serviceWolfiepjwDined on 8/30/2014Don't order the signature dish-- skirt steak. 54 bucks for a horribly cooked steak. Will never step foot in this place again. Waiter was an amateur and not prepared. Waited long times for menu, bread, drinks, and the presentation was little league.
- Perfect to treat out of townerslkw0804Dined on 8/30/2014My parents were visiting the city and my husband and I took them to Del Campo for a nice dinner. Everyone was so happy with their meal. The wine complimented the meal perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014We had a great dinner at Del Campo--terrific food and very fine service. Will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great experience!LuvFoodDined on 8/26/2014I took some guests here for dinner and del campo delivered again. Food was amazing as usual. The salmon, octopus and chicaron appetizers were highlights. Twinkies for dessert is the new favorite. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- WonderfulDCdining14VIPDined on 8/25/2014I have dined at Del Campo twice and have had a wonderful experience both times. The wait staff are so kind and attentive and have great suggestions to cater to many different tastes. The food is great and the atmosphere is elegant yet welcoming. I have never written a restaurant review before this but I had to share because this is my new favorite DC spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.