136 SW Washington Ave STE 102
Corvallis, OR 97333Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.delalmarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5417532222x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Contemporary American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Conor Claffey-Koller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: del Alma has a private banquet room that can accommodate up to 50 for dinners and other events. Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Krueger 5417532222x
A word from Del Alma
del Alma Restaurant, located in downtown Corvallis, offers an elegant yet warm and inviting dining atmosphere with a view of the riverfront. del Alma means literally "of the soul", and the entire del Alma staff strives to create a dining experience that reflects their passion for excellent service, warm hospitality, and great food. The menu is inspired by the flavors and cuisines of Latin America, the Caribbean, and Spain and offers items ranging from tapas to full entrees. del Alma brings its passion for the vibrant flavors of Latin America and pairs it with the offerings of the Northwest, using fresh ingredients from local markets, farms, and ranches. The bar hosts an array of libations ranging from south-of-the-border classics to contemporary cocktails plus an interesting and food-friendly wine list featuring both Old and New World selections. Prix-fixe dinner specials are available on Wednesdays and pairing dinners are regularly featured.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Del Alma - Best Restaurants in Corvallis ›
Del Alma reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)fit for foodies (49)romantic (47)good for groups (28)notable wine list (28)scenic view (23)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- chefPhreddDined on 8/28/2014Chef obviously enjoys his/her work and the creativity in food is what makes the del Alma experience so enjoyable.Special Features:
- Special place to connectMomijiDined on 8/25/2014As usual, the care and attention we received was exceptional. Francesca was on the spot with attending to our needs but not over shadowing our privacy. She was cheery and mixed well with our table of diners, had helpful comments, and suggestions. This is as close to a "big city" dining experience as you can get in Corvallis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!senoracasaDined on 8/23/2014I've never been disappointed with my experiences at Del Alma. The staff is attentive, friendly, and professional, and they work as a team to ensure their diners' experience is a positive one. Each dish, from the appetizers to the desserts, is a treat for the tastebuds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was amazingJennSerfinDined on 8/22/2014Went to Del Alma for a nice dinner. We got what we came for :) The tapas were great, interesting flavor combinations. Decent wine list. Main entrees were amazing, I got the filet mignon, my husband had the salmon, all perfectly done. And dessert was lovely (I recommend the chocolate mousse cake).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014The food was excellent and our server, Scott, made the dining even more pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014We always enjoy our meals at Del Alma. The caldo was superb.Special Features:
- Del Alma is consistently amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We have been going to Del Alma for a couple of years, and they have never disappointed us even a little bit. Their tapas and small plates are always fantastic, their drinks are top notch, and full dinners are a treat. This time, I took an out-of-town guest who isn't fond of "exotic" or spicy food... we assured her that del Alma has something for everyone and that food was flavorful, but not too hot to eat. She loved the mushroom quesadillas and queso fundido.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two4dinnerDined on 8/9/2014We love having a great dining option again in Corvallis. Quality food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvsagoodmealDined on 8/6/2014We have enjoyed our meal every time we have eaten here. We especially like the 3 course $25 meals on Wednesday nights. This is our favorite "special" time restaurant in Corvallis. The service is always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business MealOut2eatDined on 8/5/2014After a stressful day of meetings with business colleagues, Del Alma is a great place to relax and enjoy the unwind of the day. The food, atmosphere, service and drink selections are just what we needed. I've never had a meal at Del Alma where the staff wasn't as friendly and outgoing as I would expect it to be. Totally enjoy the myself there every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were both great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Made reservations for a special evening. Folks were ready. Had a table by the window. Service was excellent! The bacon guacamole was a perfect starter. Entrees were both delicious. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too spicyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014less spice / pepper would bring us oftener...we'd like to visit del alma, perhaps once a month, but find our mouths hot / pepper sore when eating anything except dessert...would also appreciate more options without cilantroSpecial Features:
- Creative Cookeryjmc1Dined on 7/29/2014Neuvo Latin dining does not get better than this. It's why we drive an hour from Eugene to get our fix of very well-prepared and locally-sourced dishes. Our table of six shared a variety of generously-sized tapas and a round of excellent desserts, each of them superlative. These come with tasty breads and a medley of three toppings. Fine cocktail and wine offerings. Friendly and attentive service. Make reservations -- they are often full, even on a Tuesday evening mid-summer.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the Tapas!ChefKDined on 7/21/2014Five of us dined for the first time here & really enjoyed the tapas. The trio of dips that accompanied the bread were delicious. The seared Tuna, Pinchos, Mushroom Quesadilla, Beets & Chile Relleno were delicious with nice presentation & sauces. The only tapas dish none of us cared for was the Causa (cold potatoes, fishy salmon & unpleasant). Everything else about Del Alma was lovely... Great atmosphere & service. The entrees looked inventive & delicious... We'll try those next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemHealingsoulsDined on 7/17/2014We arrived for a birthday dinner for my husband with our son and his fiancé. We found wonderfully friendly staff, a delightful atmosphere, beautiful decor and a very knowledgable and kind waiter. The atmosphere was wonderfully relaxed and we were able to enjoy each and every course to its fullest potential without ever feeling rushed. We have found a new favorite gourmet restaurant and plan to return often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Del AlmaBadFood2014Dined on 7/16/2014Food was not as good as expected. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Ordered the tapas mushroom quesadilla which was good, for dinner order the chicken dish and a halibut dish but both were not very good quality and did not taste good. Halibut was covered in sauce. The chicken there was barely any meat it was mostly bone, and the empanada served with it was bland and flavorless, not to mention hard. We were also served some kind of pickled, fried lettuce that was gross. I would not come back to this restaurant, and again, would not recommend it. I hope you can either get a better chef or lower your prices, because for the kind of food it was way overpriced.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at Del Alma, whether it's getting together with the girls or for a romantic dinner or to share some wine. The atmosphere is elegant and classy, yet not stuffy or pretentious. There is a great selection of salads, small plates and large plates and the food is always very flavorful and fresh. I love the signature tapanade that comes with the bread and think it should be a menu appetizer item all on it's own because it is just that good. The staff is always knowledgeable and friendly. Del Alma provides an overall wonderful dining experience, not just great food...keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Event Celebrationqaz12Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I celebrate all special occasions; holidays, wedding anniversaries, birthdays it is always Del Alma. The total experience is outstanding but mostly it feels like you are have a meal with your family. Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendeWendeDined on 6/23/2014We chose Del Alma at my daughter's recommendation, and had a table for seven that included a two-year old. I appreciated how the staff accommodated my granddaughter and how they seated us on an upper level away from other diners. Although our waitress told us this was only her third week on the job, she was attentive and pleasant ~ around enough but not too much. The food was excellent and portions were good. The selection on the tapas menu was great. Would recommend Del Alma for a lovely evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Alma... c'est magnifique!skooksteveDined on 6/20/2014As always, Del Alma is the quintessential dining experience in Corvallis. They do everything right. Our server this time, Francesca, knows her craft well and is always a joy to interact with. We know we will never be disappointed going to Del Alma for that perfect special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected Latin/NW delightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014AFter negotiating a bit for the 'view' table we requested, this meal was terrific. Upscale menu and ambience could be in a major city... the mixology was outstanding... we really liked the grapefruit ice ball in my "Old Fashioned". The overall menu has a lot of interesting items (Including tapas), and the weekday prix fixe menu of three courses for $25 was over-the-top in value. (Call to see when this is offered). We had a lovely puree style gazpacho, nicely seasoned squid ink pasta with grilled shrimp (although perhaps a bit more al dente preferred), and a very airy and yummy coconut encrusted Key Lime Pie. Kids allowed, but be prepared for an elegant venue where most clientele are adults on a 'night out' or having a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Corvallis?JeffFDined on 6/13/2014We saw this restaurant to be highly rated on various websites. As there are so few sit-down dinner restaurants in Corvallis, perhaps it is the best there, but it would be unlikely to even survive in Portland. Had their recommended pasta dish -- I'd suggest they get a better chorizo (try Palacio), and tighten up on the homemade noodle -- it needs to be firmer. As it is, the dish is too heavy and has undistinguished flavors. Very pricey for the quality. Would drive somewhere other than Corvallis rather than eat here.
- katbruDined on 6/11/2014we tried the $25 3 course set, Appetizer and main dish are good, however the key lime pie is served at room temp. should it be a cold dessert? my husband and I both think that we liked the normal menu better..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Corvallis Best RestaurantsNotThereForTheBarDined on 6/7/2014We like the creative and changing menu with tasty food at reasonable prices. The staff is very friendly and it is usually fairly quiet. It always seems elegant but still friendly.Special Features:
- A new find!sucoDined on 5/30/2014Very unique menu with interesting options. Guacamole tapas were excellent as guacamole had hazelnuts and bacon and chips included plantain and zucini chips as well as blue and yellow corn chips. Good wine list and excellent service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made my day.DollphnDined on 5/28/2014I was so happy to finally dine at Del Alma and it met all my expectations. It was my birthday so we wanted something special. We chose the Wednesday night 3-course meal and were very pleased. The price was right and the unusual flavors of the selections was good. The only thing I didn't like were the dips for the bread. Each one was spicy and I think that one should have been mild. We will return to try the different tapas. Our waiter was excellent and was very informative about each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomemasawsaomesuperDined on 5/24/2014The food the service the atmosphere the whole restaurant. in my book this is a five star restaurant right in downtown Corvallis Oregon. A must go to for special occasions the food outstanding the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this time.meandmygalDined on 5/24/2014The bar continues to offer delicious drinks (I had a cool gin martini with cucumber and mint) and the bread and dips continue to be first rate. The salads were fresh and nicely balanced in flavors and dressing. But the five small plates disappointed. A tuna ceviche with papaya was so drowned in a red pepper sauce that the flavors were lost. The goat cheese chili relleno was mushy and bland. The "crispy chicken" on flat bread was soggy and dull. Overall the impression was that the hot dishes suffered from being overworked. A shame because D A has long been one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Fantastic food!abcbDined on 5/23/2014Del alma is one of the best places we've eaten at in Oregon. Reminds us of our favorite place in NYC. Fabulously delicious food! Great space/decor and good service. But the food was really extraordinary. We can't wait to return and try everything on the menu. If you wanted delicious, interesting food in a beautiful but relaxed environment, this is must go destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2014A menu a foodie would love. "Finally" a place that understands Oregon isn't the only producer of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific PlaceOhioDined on 5/16/2014We love eating here when visiting from Portland. So many places in Portland are overrated. This restaurant has it all; good food, good service, ambiance with attractive decor, softer music and is not dark like so many Portland restaurants. Portland could learn from Corvallis.Special Features:
- Great Tapas and DessertXACseminoleDined on 5/16/2014We had guests in from out of town and could think of no where better than Del Alma to take them for dinner. We had a group of eight adults and had a great time sharing tapas and desserts. It was fabulous!Special Features:
- Mid week treatChaosticDined on 5/14/2014Friends and I typically meet at a brewpub on wednesdays, but decided to go upscale for a change. We all had the $25 wednesday night special. The taste of the food was excellent, portions sizes were good, the drink prices were fair, and the service was attentive but not hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in town.XACseminoleDined on 5/9/2014Every visit here is a memory made. The food is inventive, flavorful, yet not pretentious. The bartender even made me a mocktail version of my favorite drink, Green Acres, since I'm pregnant. I can't say enough good things about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 230 reviews are from the Del Alma reviews archive.
- EXPERIENCE NOT WORTH THE PRICEOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/3/2014The restaurant says on the river, but they don't mean you can actually see any part of the river. The food was good, but very overpriced. My $27 halibut (that does not come with soup or salad) was 3x3x1, if that. You can get soup for another $9 and a salad for another $9/11-depending on size. I asked for black iced-tea no lemon. It came with lemon and was definitely not black, but fruity. Bill came and it said 'passion fruit tea' or something of that nature. And the tea came in a very narrow glass and was never refilled, even when waitress came and saw the empty glass, so I had to continually ask for it. It was pretty much a take order, deliver food, deliver bill. For the price of everything, it just wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- love this placesabrosoDined on 5/2/2014Hi, we always eat her when we are visiting our daughter in Corvallis and think its food compares to the best, even in NYC where we visited lately. We had the halibut both nights during the last visit. Tender and delicious and served with perfectly cooked vegetables. This restaurant bend over backwards to accommodate gluten free diets. Influences are Mexican (yum) and Spanish. Ingenious recipes; perfectly cooked. Wait staff is attentive and ensures that all goes well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date nitedatenightDined on 5/2/2014quickly sat. great menu items and spectaclar food.Special Features:
- Great place to eat!TriddleDined on 4/29/2014The waiter was very professional and right on the ball. The food is always delicious!Special Features:
- Tasty and unique menuKandCluv2dinefineDined on 4/17/2014Diverse southwestern menu, from the tapa's and drinks, to the main course! We enjoyed the Hemingway Daiquiri and Green Acres martini with shrimp Pincho's and mushroom quesadilla's, both fresh and flavorful! I enjoyed the grilled chicken with chili rub, paired with a variety of fresh seasonings, a melody of freshly prepared vegetables of which my favorite was the sweet potato cubes and crisp polenta. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the oh so tender milk lamb with the delightful sides. The service was exceptional. The dining room was a little loud, especially on the upper tiers, but we were seated on the ground floor, so it was a little quieter, very energetic. Good bar too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sound levelLikeitquieterDined on 4/11/2014Even this rating system doesn't allow a too loud to hear the people at my table, I'll say it. Some restaurant manage to control noise well . This one is unpleasant if you want a quiet evening. Carpet would probably help reduce sound levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.