136 SW Washington Ave STE 102
Corvallis, OR 97333Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.delalmarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (541) 753-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Contemporary American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Conor Claffey-Koller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: del Alma has a private banquet room that can accommodate up to 50 for dinners and other events. Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Krueger 5417532222x
A word from Del Alma
del Alma Restaurant, located in downtown Corvallis, offers an elegant yet warm and inviting dining atmosphere with a view of the riverfront. del Alma means literally "of the soul", and the entire del Alma staff strives to create a dining experience that reflects their passion for excellent service, warm hospitality, and great food. The menu is inspired by the flavors and cuisines of Latin America, the Caribbean, and Spain and offers items ranging from tapas to full entrees. del Alma brings its passion for the vibrant flavors of Latin America and pairs it with the offerings of the Northwest, using fresh ingredients from local markets, farms, and ranches. The bar hosts an array of libations ranging from south-of-the-border classics to contemporary cocktails plus an interesting and food-friendly wine list featuring both Old and New World selections. Prix-fixe dinner specials are available on Wednesdays and pairing dinners are regularly featured.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Del Alma - Best Restaurants in Corvallis ›
Del Alma reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)fit for foodies (57)romantic (45)good for groups (32)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (19)scenic view (17)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2014The food and atmosphere were both very nice, but the service was not what I would expect from a restaurant that is trying to be upscale and sophisticated. I was dining at Del Alma for the first time with a friend. After ordering our drinks, it took unusually long for them to arrive. Shortly after, our appetizers arrived. When my friend finished his appetizer yet I was only about half-way through mine, a server appeared and set down our main courses (placing mine to the side of my appetizer), mumbling an apology because he knew they were arriving too soon. I almost let it go, but thinking of the quality of the restaurant, I said to the server that "this shouldn't be happening" He looked somewhat surprised. I said I didn't want to be difficult, but that they should know better than to serve a course before we had finished the previous one. He apologized and asked if I wanted him to take the plate back and return with another after I finished the appetizer. I said I would appreciate that. He then took away the main course from ME, but left the main course for my friend! We were now in the awkward position of being at different points in our meal. I felt I needed to rush to finish the appetizer, while my friend was reluctant to start his main course. I insisted that he eat before his food got cold, so he began while I finished my appetizer. Meanwhile, our original server came by and, without apologizing, offered an "explanation" (no apology) for why we received our main courses so soon (something about a large party affecting their timing). When my main course finally arrived for the second time, my friend was half way through his. The food was really quite good, but I wouldn't expect a restaurant that is trying to be what Del Alma is trying to be to make mistakes this basic. The whole thing left us distracted and disappointed in our experience, particularly because the response from our primary server was to give us an excuse rather than an apology.
- a real restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014Corvallis is for the most part a culinary wasteland. However, on my two last visits to Corvallis I have eaten here. Both meals were very good. The noise level is to high for folks who want to carry a normal conversation, at least on ground level (may be better on one of the elevated levels). The service was very good and the food was solid. If you are dining in Corvallis, this is probably your best bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To good to be true,GrammadeeDined on 11/15/2014Food was fabulous and the service superb. Never know what you will get when a couple of women go out to dine, but the staff was wonderful. I will definately go back with male and female friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise / Otherwise fine.BrigDined on 11/10/2014As usual the our selections from the menu were excellent. The service was a bit off, due I suspect to the fact that the place was very busy. The noise on the OTHER HAND WAS OFF THE CHARTS. We have had a good experience on other occasions but a table for about 15 people just below us was raucous, loud, and disturbing throughout our meal. The menu is limited but excellent should your tastes run that their way. Corvallis is notorious for bad service in all sectors of business especially in the area of restaurants. Del Alma is the exception although as I said earlier a bit off this time. We will be back however when we want a quiet meal more that likely we will be at Marche in Eugene.Special Features:
- Great find!mdavi007VIPDined on 11/8/2014Visiting my child who is an undergrad at Oregon State. Found Del Alma through Open Table as a place to have a nice sit down dinner after a football game. Very cosmopolitan and unexpected for Corvallis . . . authentic Yucatan food.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningTrescoADined on 11/7/2014I had not eaten in Corvallis and coming down from Portland, was curious what was on offer in the neighborhood. Lovely tapas choices at Del Alma, and with a hungry son who enjoys his food, we tried most of the small plates. Excellent delineated flavors. Service was professional, efficient but did not make us feel pushed despite the busy weekend. I look forward to taking my family here again while visiting my son at school.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townAlmostCorvallisnativeDined on 11/5/2014del Alma consistently had good food and good service. The staff are welcoming and make every occasion a special one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Outstanding restaurant - we shared four tapas, all imaginative and delicious.Special Features:
- Great placehappytoeathereDined on 10/29/2014We found Del Alma accidently during Culinary week years ago---we return every year for culinary week and my wife's Birthday. It is a special place and we use it for special occasions-----ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent first visit!lindsita726Dined on 10/24/2014I am gluten free and vegan. I had emailed the restaurant ahead of time to ask about which menu items they could make to fit my needs. They responded to my email quickly and were very accommodating. When we arrived, we were seated quickly, and the server already was aware of my dietary restrictions. Food all came quickly and was delicious! I think my husband could have eaten 2 plates, but portions usually are smaller at nicer restaurants, so it was fine. I can't remember the name of what we had. Mine was a butternut squash dish, and my husband had some kind of pork. I really loved the corn tortillas! And the guacamole with yucca, tortilla chips, and plantains was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceymtpocketDined on 10/23/2014Two small appetizers, one cocktail, tea, two entries, two desserts--$100 not including gratuity.Special Features:
- Excellent high-quality dining82muchDined on 10/15/2014We've eaten at Del Alma several times and have been extremely pleased with the entire experience! Delicious food and very nice wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceOut2eatDined on 10/14/2014From the moment I checked in at the front desk I was completely taken care of. We were seated quickly and pampered from that point on. The service was excellent and the appetizers and meal were just what I would have hoped for. The energy level on the floor level where I sat was very comfortable and perfect for conversation. I ended the evening feeling very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time of poor service hereCorvallistillretirementDined on 10/11/2014No one came to our table for quite some time; we had to ask the hostess for a waiter. Two other groups who came in after us were able to place drink orders before we saw a waiter. Our waiter was slow at almost every phase, though he knew the menu and the wines well so we don't think he was new. Del Alma is usually very good in both service and food, so maybe this was just a bad night for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great different foodAllieDined on 10/11/2014We had a great dining experience. The food is very good. It is Latin fusion. Great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The right place for fine dining.TechVPDined on 10/10/2014The lamb main course my wife ordered was a very good cut and well sized for the meal. I personally don't order lamb, because I have had wrong expectations at other places. And To my surprise, it was a nice cut and the presentation was apparent at first sight. My wife was thoroughly happy with her selection. Right as the dish cane out, I did a surprising thing for me, and asked if I could try a bite. And wow, I had to reconsider my opinion. Very succulent! For my meal: I am delighted the chef accommodated my request for a well done filet mignon. The server was prompt to ask if they could butterfly it; which was totally the correct thing to request of the server. And it was extremely delicious. Thanks to a flexible chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great choice for special occasiongoodfoodnutDined on 10/7/2014Food is fantastic, make sure and try the steak, and service is impeccable. Without a doubt, the nicest restaurant in the Corvallis area and a good choice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.Meema18Dined on 10/4/2014One of the finest restaurants I've visited in Corvallis. A must-go-to place.Special Features:
- Excellent service and great foodMustLuvDogsDined on 10/3/2014I would have to say that what stands out the most about our meal at Del Alma was the amazing service--our server went above and beyond to make sure we had a great experience. The majority of the food was excellent as well. I had the tamales verdes and it was amazing, as well as our queso fundido. My husband had the jumbo shrimp pinchos, which were average. The desserts were amazing as well--they actually made the apple crisp to order, and the mexican flourless chocolate cake with salted caramel ice cream was to die for. Overall, we would definitely recommend this restaurant and we will likely go back if/when we are in Corvallis for dinner again.Special Features:
- Delicious!BradysMamaDined on 10/2/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Wish it was a little quieter but that's minor. Definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corvallis OasisdiversityintasteDined on 9/30/2014Del Alma is the best restaurant to appear in Corvallis in the 30 years that I've lived in and frequented the town. The food is fabulous, the atmosphere is relaxing, and staff is extremely friendly and all have good service sense. Food is well complemented with a wide variety of drinks, including a full bar.Special Features:
- Del Alma 9/27/14TopSpinDined on 9/27/2014Second visit. Very good mexican-fusion food, great blend of flavors. Attentive service and very nice atmosphere. We did not go in the separate bar area but it looked nice as well. Would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Great food & drinks!MAALANDined on 9/26/2014Accommodated our many changes in reservations (shifts in number of guests for birthday party & when available). Just a bit slow in getting our orders, but otherwise great. A bit noisier than some, but quieter than others. For a Friday nite, this was better than par for the course. Highly recommend for food & drinksSpecial Features:
- Wednesday Night WoesConnoisseurDined on 9/24/2014A group of us went to the Wednesday night, 3-course meal for $25. Granted, it is probably one of their busiest nights of the week, but I have been here before and had impeccable service and food. Right off the bat, there were many things that went awry - we ordered our drinks and they didn't come until 30 minutes later. The drinks were brought by another server who tried to bring it to another table. Our waiter may have been new, but it was definitely a trying experience for him to get us started on ordering food and then remembering water refills and requests. When the food came, our entree was room temperature and lacked the flavors I was hoping for. Overall, our 2 and a half hour dinner dragged on, and we left there pretty disappointed.Special Features:
- blessedlifeDined on 9/19/2014Live and dine in San Francisco and this compares. Love this placeSpecial Features:
- Always Del AlmaMsFoodieDined on 9/19/2014Tapas to die for. Wine paring perfected. Desserts divine. View unbeatable. Excellent staff. Perfect special occasion place. Or just an awesome happy hour with friends. Love the adjacent Dulcé!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMrDelDined on 9/12/2014I found this spot via TripAdvisor and saw its high ranked reviews. We were not disappointed. Food was very flavorful, well presented, and abundant servings. Service matched the quality of the food. We were seated on the third level, there are five. The noise level is fairly high, but not enough to be bothersome. We will definitely have this as our number one dinner house in Corvallis.Special Features:
- The quaility of the food, drink andMeoiDined on 9/8/2014service is first rate. Would not hesitate to recommend Del Alma to anyone. We look forward to our next visit to try different dishes.Special Features:
- Food ReviewHatchDined on 9/6/2014The Lamb was "Stringy", poor Texture; very little "Eye Appeal". Taste mediocre. The Filet was prepared as Ordered (Pink). It was a Steak, nothing to write home about. The Service was absolutely "Perfect". The check had no break down of Cost of Items; just a TotalSpecial Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceTravelJunkieDined on 8/28/2014We took our family and friends visiting from Germany to Del Alma for dinner. The cuisine is Latin fusion, a wonderful blend of latin american specialties and Northwest style. The food was delicious, we all had different dishes and everyone, including my grandson, raved about their food. I had the Cochinita Pibil, a Yucutan dish that we have frequently in Cancun/Playa del Carmen, and it was wonderful and very authentic even though they cannot cook it in the underground pit. The ambience is very good, and the service was terrific. Will definitely go there again!Special Features:
- chefPhreddDined on 8/28/2014Chef obviously enjoys his/her work and the creativity in food is what makes the del Alma experience so enjoyable.Special Features:
- Upscale & trendyenjoytheyumDined on 8/27/2014I don't consider myself a foodie, but I love to eat good food. The food was so delicious. Had the Weds 3 course special for $25. That was a good deal & each course was great. Only thing negative was the shrimp appetizer only had 5 shrimp, but the sauce was wonderful. Enjoyed the tiered seating & a nice view of the trees lining the waterfront. They have special seating for large groups & accommodate small to medium groups easily. One of the most romantic restaurants in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place to connectMomijiDined on 8/25/2014As usual, the care and attention we received was exceptional. Francesca was on the spot with attending to our needs but not over shadowing our privacy. She was cheery and mixed well with our table of diners, had helpful comments, and suggestions. This is as close to a "big city" dining experience as you can get in Corvallis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!senoracasaDined on 8/23/2014I've never been disappointed with my experiences at Del Alma. The staff is attentive, friendly, and professional, and they work as a team to ensure their diners' experience is a positive one. Each dish, from the appetizers to the desserts, is a treat for the tastebuds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was amazingJennSerfinDined on 8/22/2014Went to Del Alma for a nice dinner. We got what we came for :) The tapas were great, interesting flavor combinations. Decent wine list. Main entrees were amazing, I got the filet mignon, my husband had the salmon, all perfectly done. And dessert was lovely (I recommend the chocolate mousse cake).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014The food was excellent and our server, Scott, made the dining even more pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014We always enjoy our meals at Del Alma. The caldo was superb.Special Features:
- Del Alma is consistently amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We have been going to Del Alma for a couple of years, and they have never disappointed us even a little bit. Their tapas and small plates are always fantastic, their drinks are top notch, and full dinners are a treat. This time, I took an out-of-town guest who isn't fond of "exotic" or spicy food... we assured her that del Alma has something for everyone and that food was flavorful, but not too hot to eat. She loved the mushroom quesadillas and queso fundido.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two4dinnerDined on 8/9/2014We love having a great dining option again in Corvallis. Quality food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvsagoodmealDined on 8/6/2014We have enjoyed our meal every time we have eaten here. We especially like the 3 course $25 meals on Wednesday nights. This is our favorite "special" time restaurant in Corvallis. The service is always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.