3100 South Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/Georgetown/
- Phone: 2029124110x
- Hours of Operation:
6:30AM – 11:00AM
11:00AM – 2:30PM
BRUNCH A La Carte Saturday-Sunday
11:00AM – 2:30PM
LIGHT FARE MENU
2:30PM – 11:30PM (SUNDAY -THURSDAY)
2:30PM - 1:00AM (FRIDAY-SATURDAY)
5:30PM – 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Degrees
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Degrees offers an innovative small plates menu featuring internationally-inspired regional cuisine, complimented with an innovative cocktail and wine list. Located in the lobby level of The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C., the restaurant’s vibrant atmosphere complements the hotel’s modern, industrial-chic style with exposed brick, warm hardwood floors, classic bistro tables, and a sleek black slate bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Degrees reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- When Things went awryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014We had reserved what we thought to be a perfect corner back table for meeting my cousin and her husband whom I hadn't seen or communicated with in years so that they could connect with my son who is an incoming Freshman Hoya at Georgetown. 10 minutes to 8 pm last Friday night, my husband and I went in to check on the table and it was already filled with another party. We expressed some irritation and complained to the server who greeted us. He contacted his manager who magically re-situated us to the Chimney Room! It was an amazing and enchanting evening. My husband and I are in our 50's and my cousin and her husband in their late 60's so the noise level was perfect and the chimney above us a spectacular site! Evening rescued!Special Features:
- All around excellentLive2eatDined on 8/15/2014We (4 of us) went during food week and there's always the concern the resturant may slack off. Not here. Ambiance, food quality and service were excellent. Service was particuarly attentive without being overbearing. Food was flavorful and portions were good, the exception was the gnocchi dish, delicious as it was. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb -Don't miss jewel in G'town!TNNJVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great dining experience in a charming space. The food is delicious and the menu is innovative and well-executed, portions just right. Service is truly beyond compare...Chris manages the room with tremendous skill and consideration, making you feel welcome and at home in someone else's grand mansion. Service is thoughtful and guests' needs are anticipated before they are imagined. Sean made the dinner a smooth and delicious treat. Surpassed my high expectations. Kudos to the team. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- An experienceDosMasMargDined on 6/25/2014The service was fantastic and as anticipated coming from The Ritz. Unique menu and the Rye Bar made for a true experience for this foodie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Lunch with a FriendFoodaholicDined on 5/30/2014Came here for a late lunch at 2:30 where they serve small plates. I had a Chicken Cobb Salad which was absolutely delicious but if that was a "small" plate I would hate to see the regular size! But I ate every morsel! Also had a light and refreshing champagne drink, sorry the name escapes me but it was very good as well. It was very few of us in there so service of course was spectacular as they could clearly focus on us and they did. Definitely would come again, but warning, it is a hotel and it is the Ritz so it is a bit pricey!Special Features:
- Dinner menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The options at dinner time are very limited, although the waiter made it clear we could request combinations that would make the meal a dinner. Food was very good; very quiet environment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 263 reviews are from the Degrees reviews archive.
- Menu Research RequiredUncleDined on 5/1/2014Degrees has a really nice atmosphere. Unfortunately, I did not check out there website and menu before going. The food was very good. But, there menu does not really have a full dinner. I think they had two entrees to chose from. If you want to have a few drinks and a bit to eat this is your place. But, not for a full dinner.Special Features:
- Degrees Bistro Hits the MarkstevethegooseDined on 2/14/2014Went to Degrees Bistro in Georgetown for Valentine's Day and came away very happy. Customer Service was excellent from the moment my car door was opened and closed for me. I even received a phone call a day before our reservation to confirm and give some information on the restaurant. It's located in the Ritz Carlton Georgetown and has a very spirited vibe to it. The restaurant itself is small but never felt packed. The staff aims to please and make sure you feel like you're taken care of but never overwhelming. They had a set menu for Valentine's Day. Wine was paired perfectly. I had the Crab & Avocado Salad (Amazing!), Buffalo Steak (Cooked to exact taste!), and a Macaroon (One of the best I've ever had.). Amazing experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hide in Plain SightSandmanVIPDined on 1/4/2014Degrees is tucked away on a side street in Georgetown in a building that cannot be missed -- the smokestack is visible from miles away. Yet walk into the sitting area by the wood burning fire place and forget the folks busy being busy a few blocks away. After you de-compress you can enjoy a wide range of tasty treats in Degrees and possibly a playoff fan (sorry this year -- no Redskins). A great place to spend an evening w/ someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They didn't seem to be expectingCatMDined on 9/25/2013They didn't seem to be expecting anyone for lunch. We had to wait a few minutes for someone to arrive to seat us; the dining room was basically empty. It was quiet. Servers were very attentive. Food was good but pricey (it is the Ritz). Based on previous reviews I've read, this place is more suited as a destination for drinks than for lunch.
- good food but not worth thenycfoodieVIPDined on 4/13/2013good food but not worth the amount of $ 3 glasses of wine 4 appetizers and tea $150 the service was unbelieveable our daughter was cold the waiter brought her hand warmers! he also helped me take off my jacket! who does that????? if i go again i will try the all u can eat cheese and a glass or two...or more...of wine. :)Special Features:
- We had such a terrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/13/2013We had such a terrible experience here -- orders mixed up, one very expensive item so poor in quality that it had to be sent back, and then we were essentially abandoned by the waiter and manager. Such a disappointment.
- Didn't realize the restaurantTTP10VIPDined on 3/30/2013Didn't realize the restaurant had closed about a year ago. This place is now basically eating at their bar. VERY disappointing. The food was fine and while the service was good, the whole atmosphere was just sad. Would never recommend this as a place to have dinner.
- Beware of losing your shirtKennedyRegularVIPDined on 3/24/2013First of all, I was expecting a restaurant like Fahrenheit, the one they've had upstairs for years. I knew it was expensive, but the ambiance was great. When I arrived, I found out that the restaurant no longer exists, just the bar and lounge. Okay so far. BUT the prices for dinner in the bar were exorbitant, like what you'd expect in the finest restaurant. Service was scant. It was noisy, as a bar should be, not what we wanted. AND THEN they double charged me for the dinner. When I called billing today, they said they only showed one charge and couldn't do anything about it now. However, my pending credit card statement shows two charges. One should also be aware that valet parking is $15 + tip. The bar does not validate.Special Features:
- A wonderful spot to relaxSandmanVIPDined on 3/8/2013A wonderful spot to relax after a long week at work. The wood burning fire place sets the mood. The food was tasty and creative. A bit pricey -- but it is a Ritz -- and it is worth it.Special Features:
- Very disappointing! Farenheit'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Very disappointing! Farenheit's used to be a great restaurant and I'm very surprised that the Ritz would allow their brand to be associated with a restaurant that is now nothing more than a quasi upscale bar and grill. The menu was limited. The wait staff new nothing about proper wine service. Overall it was just not what we expected and we would not have chosen to dine there if we had known what the dining experience had been reduced to.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The food was very good and well prepared. Our waitress was also very kind and observant. In the end though, the price tag was a bit too much for what we received.Special Features:
- Degrees is a hotel lobby bar.BillMVIPDined on 11/21/2012Degrees is a hotel lobby bar. But it's in the Ritz Georgetown and it serves wonderful food and great wine by the glass. Terrific oasis in Georgetown.Special Features:
- Not what I expected for aOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2012Not what I expected for a Ritz Carlton restaurant. No view of anything notable and the room felt very enclosed... Little/no wingows. . Staff was amenable to serving us in the more spacious hotel lobby by the fireplace, which was nice. The food was good, not great.
- The menu is now more like1RJCDined on 7/4/2012The menu is now more like a bar menu with limited choices. There was no fish or chicken. Management should re-think the direction and not downgrade the choices offered.
- This is simply a cafe in aOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/30/2012This is simply a cafe in a hotel. The food and drinks were very good but the menu was very limited and not the same as what I had read online. The waiter explained that it had changed and was about to change again. We did enjoy our meal and the service was great. There were no other diners - only bar patrons which was too bad but we were not disappointed. I hope they attract more diners as the ambiance was lovely.Special Features:
- Delicious mealBoscoramaVIPDined on 5/1/2012Our meal was delicious - the tomato soup with a perfect grilled cheese sandwich, the seafood pasta special, the regular shrimp pasta, the roasted chicken (they even brought a serving of mashed potatoes for my daughter), and the steak frites. The ambiance would have been great. We happened to arrive during a teenager's birthday celebration (very unusual, according to the restaurant). Once they departed, we had a lovely evening, with a quiet table and nicely jazzy music. It's not the old Fahrenheit - you are eating in a rather fancy bar - but the food, ambiance, and service were all worth a repeat visit. When are we going?
- Had a cozy dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/17/2012Had a cozy dinner for two here, -food was pretty good, limited menu choices but we both had seafood and it was done very well. Not as formal as we had expected.Special Features:
- Don't go unless you're stayingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/3/2012Don't go unless you're staying at the hotel. Nothing special.
- Below average in all waysOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/2/2012Food was below average, there was no atmosphere, and it was a bar restaurant. I could not believe that the only restaurant in a Ritz Carlton was a less thn adequate bar restaurant. I was supposed to have a guest meet me for dinner. He called to say he could not come. I'm glad he could not make it because I would have been embarrassed to have chosen such a bad restaurant. I was staying at the Ritz Carlton for the weekend. The restaurant was such a disappointment and the service was very poor.
- We went for lunch, but itMCRGVIPDined on 1/14/2012We went for lunch, but it looked like a great place for dinner. Prices were reasonable. Be careful with parking on the street. You will get a ticket!Special Features:
- completely bland food -wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/12/2012completely bland food -would have given NO stars if I could.
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2012For a restaurant at the Ritz, I expected more. I went for lunch during Restaurant Week and while their normal lunch menu is small the restaurant week menu was tiny - only two relatively unimpressive entree choices - chicken and penne in marinara or salmon. They do give you a big bread basket with all different kinds of bread and salted butter, which were good. I got the butternut squash soup appetizer which was very good. The salmon itself was pretty good - moist and well-seasoned, but the mashed potatoes it came with were nothing special at all. The one dessert choice beside ice cream was a s'more french toast, which was tasty but not something I would go back to order again. It certainly wasn't a bad meal, but I'm not likely to go back.
- Went there for Thanksgiving.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2011Went there for Thanksgiving. We didn't realize that the restaurant is now solely contained to the bar. Food and service were great in Ritz style, but still extremely over priced. A normal Thanksgiving for two was over $300 with not a lot of drinks involved.Special Features:
- The food was okay, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2011The food was okay, but the service was inexperienced for a high-end restaurant. The wait staff kept trying to take our plates before we were finished; we were especially shocked when our server touched a plate of unfinished food before asking if the diner was finished (she was not). Then the server took the bowl of soup (even though it was only half eaten). This restauarant has the potential to be good, but with service like this, I am wary of returning.
- the service was very slow....whenPoppieDined on 10/16/2011the service was very slow....when we arrived we were the only table....than only 3 more filled upwe were apporched as soon as we sat down....went down hill from therefood okSpecial Features:
- We had a very nice bruncheastcoastvoyagerVIPDined on 10/16/2011We had a very nice brunch before heading to the Kennedy Center, which on a beautiful Sunday is a pleasant 15 minute walk. The food was very good and the management staff was incredible. They could not have been nicer, checking to see if all was well and making us feel so comfortable. The atmosphere was industrial, but very calm and quiet on a Sunday in October. Big window let in incredible light. This is our new favorite Kennedy Center area restaurant.Special Features:
- The menu was borimg thoughDQdiningVIPDined on 9/7/2011The menu was borimg though the food picked was good. Interesting ambience. Very attentive service.Special Features:
- If you want to enjoy a nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2011If you want to enjoy a nice, quiet, romantic night out at an upscale restaurant, Fahrenheit should be on your list. The food is delicious, the wine list superb, the mood subdued. The place was not crowded and reservations were easy to come by, but do not let this dissuade you. One odd note: they have no specials, only what's on menu. Their menu is short but covers everything that you would expect from a modern American restaurant. The only negative I experienced was the vast expanse of the tables. I sat so far away from my date that our hands couldn't have touched if we wanted them to. The noise level was such that it didn't impair conversation in the least. If I could have, I would have awarded Fahrenheit 4.5 stars instead of 4.Special Features:
- The restaurant has a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/8/2011The restaurant has a very elegrant and upscale feel to it. Gorgeous setting and that set the stage for a great meal. Service was excellent throughout the meal. Our party got the sea bass, burger w/fois gras, filet, and veggie pasta. The sea bass was perfectly cooked. Other dishes looked equally fantastic. Veggie pasta arrived cold and had to be sent back to be reheated (veggie entrees aren't their specialty). Place could use a little background music as it was almost too quiet. Great location for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent for A Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2011We celebrated our 25th anniversary at this restaurant. We were very pleased with the total dining experience.Special Features:
- We went for Mother's Day BrunchleniVIPDined on 5/8/2011We went for Mother's Day Brunch and it was superb! I had the most excellent crab cake Benedict and my husband had the lobster omlet. Both were perfectly cooked and served and plated beautifully. Prior to the crab cakes, I had a delicious tomato salad. we love Fahrenheit and go back frequently - which we will continue.Special Features:
- It will be a nice quiet SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2011It will be a nice quiet Saturday lunch for meetings.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/24/2011The not-inexpensive Easter brunch at the Ritz Carlton featured mediocre food, terrible service and screaming children. I couldn't get a drink, coffee or my table cleared. Definitely not going back for another $130-plus bad experience.
- Easter brunch was very enjoyable.AndyDined on 4/24/2011Easter brunch was very enjoyable. Leisurely and relaxed our server could not have been nicer or more attentive and without any hovering. The food was splendid.Special Features: