2501 Huntingdon Pike
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.defloppe.com/
- Phone: 2159471901
- Hours of Operation:
Tue - Thu 5 PM - 9 PM
Fri 5 PM - 11 PM
Sat 3 PM - 11 PM
Sun 3 PM - 9 PM
Available: Sunday Brunch by reservation only
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Whether celebrating with family and friends at a shower, rehearsal dinner, birthday party or hosting an important business meeting, Defloppé can host a memorable event. We will coordinate everything for your exciting and stress-free party!
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8669488613
- Entertainment: Live music on weekends - blues,soft jazz and mellow rock
A word from Defloppé
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Defloppé reviews from OpenTable diners
- Undiscovered jewelredhoarseVIPDined on 1/4/2014Wonderful meal on Saturday night. Presentations were spectacular. Onion soup unusual nd delicious. Pork chop moist and delicious. Chilean Sea Bass - best I have ever had. Service was friendly and timely. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- The food was great, but aboutCd9877Dined on 1/1/2014The food was great, but about halfway through the meal (around 7:30) the music came on and it was like we were in a nightclub. It might be better to go for lunch if you do not want the loud music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time thereCaseystarrDined on 12/27/2013First time excellent food terrible service. Tried it again , this time bad service so so food. There won't be a third time. Not a good sign when it was empty on a Friday night.
- Very unusual delicious dishes.gordonDined on 12/24/2013Very unusual delicious dishes. Vegetables include a baked apple, which was delicious.Special Features:
- High end prices/low end foodfoodiegirlDined on 11/15/2013The only good thing I can report about this restaurant is that the decor is beautiful and elegant. Now for the bad news. When we arrived for our 6:30 reservation a few minutes early, we stood in the darkened entry for 10 full minutes with no one to greet us. Finally my husband went into the restaurant seating area and hollered down the steps to the kitchen to let them know that they had patrons. It was down hill after that. The service was slow and the food mediocre. My chicken was tasteless and covered in what tasted like canned pepperocini and mushrooms and my husband's lobster ravioli, sans sauce was served over bowtie pasta tossed in parmasan. Two dry pastas? Really? A very disappointing, overpriced meal with very slow service.
- rough startoaktrailerDined on 11/10/2013Reservations for four people (through Open Table) for 2:15 Sunday. Restaurant does not open until 3. How does that happen? We killed an hour and returned. Mike (our server) got us settled, brought appetizers, (quite good) was helpful with the menu. The entrees were seemingly a long time in coming. Two of the entrees were pronounced very good (the pork and the chicken). The stuffed potato croquettes were given only an ok rating. They seemed to suffer from a filling that was bland and without character. Had the filling been beef, as in shepherd's pie, there surely would have been significantly more flavor. Desserts were quite good. Had it not been for our very personable server, we probably would have written the day off as a bit of a loss.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I never write reviews, butOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/2/2013I never write reviews, but I want to let people know about Defloppe. I took my wife here for dinner last weekend and was very pleasantly surprised. Dinner was really as good as any top restaurant in town. The ingredients were all fresh from some of the best sources around. The chef is clearly very talented and a really welcome addition to the Bucks County dining scene. Service was a bit overwhelmed, but I'm sure will improve with additional servers as this place becomes more successful. I highly encourage people to check this place out before it gets too busy. It's really great to have a restaurant of this quality out here in the suburbs, and I hope that people who enjoy good food will support this place with their business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGSusanDined on 11/1/2013Hi this was out 1st time there & the food was amazing. We will definitely go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseskvaDined on 10/20/2013It was actually quite a surprise! Delicious food, beautiful presentation, moderate prices. Worth a try! Will definitely come again.Special Features:
- Very long waiting timelenchukDined on 10/12/2013Saturday night, almost empty restaurant, still with over 1 hour wait for a main meal. We shared 5 appetizers between 7 people which left us hungry. The complimentary bread did not have much flavor. It came with herb butter that needs to be taken out of the fridge ahead of time so you can actually spread it on bread. Giant escargot app had only 4 snails (most places give you 6) drowned in a chunk of mozarrella cheese and that's all you taste. Main meals: duck was good, sea bass tasty but had only 2 slices of zucchini for the vegetable side. Lamb chops (you get only 3 lollipops) were good with 2 potato and meat croquettes.Osso bucco very good but again lacking veggies. Generous portions for desserts .No live music. Not sure if will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food choppy serviceCaseystarrDined on 9/28/2013Chilblain sea bass yummy, pork chop outstanding, veal chop excellent, lobster ravioli bland. Service slow and not up to par. Nice people but seem like they are new to the restaurant business. Chef awese! Would go back. But not if I was in a rush. Oh and cheese plate appetizer and DeFloppe salad were awesome!!! Byob an added plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2013We arrived at 6:45 on a Saturday night and it was empty. That was a definite sign. The waiter was very personable and did a really a good job. We started off with homemade bread and parmessian squares. Both of those were really good, but it went way downhill from there. When we were ordering the waiter told us they we out of several of the entries. I ordered the Shellfish Farfalle with Tiger Prawns, Diver Scallops, Mussels, Shaved Carrot, Honey & Sesame Oil, Fresh Herbs. The fish was so overcooked it was dried out and hard. It was the worst seafood I have ever had in a restaurant. My boyfriend had the Blood Orange Ribeye Steak with orange and Asparagus, only there was no asparagus. He ended it up with some sort of hashbrown potatoes.
- Upscale dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2013I was lucky indeed to find out about this relatively new exquisite restaurant. Was referred by a friend who shared his pleasant experience. The restaurant is BYOB, that makes it even more attractive. The food was beautifully presented and tasted very fresh and delicious. The waiter was courteous and professional. And the dessert! That is the one to die for! If you are a sweet tooth, don't leave without trying. I'd say, it is a top pick for a romantic night in the area and would highly recommend. Design is sleek and elegant. Definitely, a must-go place to relax and enjoy the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food eleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2013Superb food quality and very well presented. Although we were there at 5pm on a Saturday, I would have expected more people than there actually were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DO NOT GO!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2013The food was bland and very mundane. We don't have anything good to say unfortunately. Now we know why there were only 3 tables of people when we were there tonight.
- Intimate dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2013Very quiet for a Friday nite. Only four tables of diners. There was no handicap access - one of the group was on crutches so it was a bit of a challenge. Before ordering we asked if there were any specials. There were none and additionally, there were several menu items that were no longer available. The crab and avacado salad was really good and the Defloppe salad was equally good. Both were attractively presented. The flounder was on the bone - not filleted. The lamb lollipops were a hit. Hope this place catches on - it could be a nice neighborhood BYO.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the food. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013Enjoyed the food. Service was attentive. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food butFcalleyDined on 6/8/2013The food was very good, but the plates looked very empty. The fish was an adequate size, however the side dishes were extremely small. There were three small dollops of mashed potatoes and two small slices of peppers. One of our friends ordered double veggies instead do the potatoes and got four slices of peppers. My husband was still hungry after the dinner. There homemade bread was like eating white bread. This definitely needs improvement.Special Features:
- This is my fourth time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/18/2013This is my fourth time dining at Defloppe, and each time is a wonderful meal. We have brought different friends with us each time and they have loved their meals and the experience as well. I highly recommend dining at Defloppe. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs tweakingkeepmovingDined on 5/12/2013We went here for Mother's Day. We had reservations ( as did many others ) but they seemed to be overwhelmed with our orders and after quite a long wait, we were served almost everything at once! The food was good but the order of the serving of it mixed up. (we were served our soup after the main course.) I think with more experience and time this will be a good place to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The presentation of each dishOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/9/2013The presentation of each dish we ordered was so nice and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We waited too long for everything.AudreyVIPDined on 5/8/2013We waited too long for everything. My meal was in edible.
- subparOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/2/2013The ambiance was nice, but I will not return. The phone rings ,( i think they have it wired through the speakers) and its heard throughout the dining area. The waitress can be heard yelling/cursing at the chef and the servers can be seen playing on'google' or 'yahoo' and when asked for the check i was told " it will be a few minutes". The food was OK, but not for the price. The portions were small and not very good. It cost about 100 for 2 people and definitely not worth it.
- When I walked in there wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013When I walked in there was nice music being played. The owner was warm and welcoming as was all the staff. The decor was clean and simple with a touch of bling and fun. Our server was very pleasant and answered all our questions about the food and portion sizes and anything else we wanted to know. The entire staff was engaged and seemed to really care about every aspect of service. The food, did I mention the food? Every bite was delicious. My guests and I all really enjoyed this BYOB and we will be back.Special Features:
- Wow, this new restaurant isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Wow, this new restaurant is one of those rare places that will for sure raise the culinary image of the whole neighbouring area. A must: tuna tartar, liver pate canapes for appetizer and lamb lollipops (make sure you order the chefs suggested temperature) - those were the ones I tried and will come for more. Plan to share - the portions are really large! BTW, not sure why it marked as $$$$ - the prices is quite reasonable and to me it's $$$ at the most! Plus, it's BYOB which makes it even more affordable.Special Features:
- Glad I found this new BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Glad I found this new BYOB in HV! Our friendly server Margo was extremely knowledgeable about the restaurant and menu. The imaginative food was wonderfully prepared and artistically presented. Dessert (we shared the pumpkin cakes) was, unexpectedly, delightful. I'll be back with friends.Special Features:
- A gem in Bryn AthynBILLVIPDined on 4/20/2013This was our first time and it was memorable. The food was great and the service wonderful. The pastries made fresh in house everyday just topped off a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Hidden Gemlove2eatoutDined on 4/17/2013Definitely a hidden gem! The food was wonderful and beautifully presented. Some of the highlights were tuna tartar served with caviar and quail egg, chilean sea bass that melted in your mouth, skirt steak that was seasoned perfectly and for dessert, napoleons that were decadent, along with some of the best coffee I've ever had. Our waitress was extremely personable and knew the menu inside out. One of the top servers I've ever had. Loved the atmosphere. Very chic. I will be visiting Defloppé again!Special Features:
- Wow, that was it was justOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013Wow, that was it was just bad. Two hours to get served really bad food.
- Great for large groups!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Went to Defloppe with a large group to celebrate some business milestones. Everyone agreed that the food was truly special. The steak I had rivaled anything I ever tried in any of the finest steak houses, but had its own tasty signature that I will not soon forget. Even the bread was unique and exceptionally delicious. The service was what you would expect to find in the finest city restaurant. It is a gem. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough and I intend to hold my business lunches here in the future.Special Features:
- THE BEST IN THE WESTERN SUBURBSMusikFind1VIPDined on 3/6/2013We did not know about Defloppé until it showed on OpenTable. We found an excellent menu, where the food tastes like what is promised on the written menu. The friendly waitstaff makes the whole dinning experience one of the top restaurants in the Western suburbs. Highly Recommended.Special Features:
- Good for a business meetingLightYearsAwayDined on 3/5/2013We were a party of five very early on a Tuesday night for a business meeting. It was nearly empty, which was good for our purposes. Food was very good, but surprisingly slow considering how few customers were there. I had a crab and avocado salad, which was tasty but had too much mayonnaise in it and was too large for an appetizer. Another of us had the tuna tartare, which was beautifully prepared, and he said it was delicious. Entrees included the lamb lollipops, which were outstanding and cooked to order. I had the bouillabaise which had an assertively orange flavor which I liked, but others may not. There was plenty of seafood in it, including one very sweet and succulent prawn. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:
- This newest BYOB in HuntingdonOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/1/2013This newest BYOB in Huntingdon Valley is a great addition. The menu is extensive and the food is very good. The continental menu has something for everyone. Hopefully more residents will try this restaurant and it will flourish.Special Features:
- Absolutely amazing!natusenkaDined on 2/17/2013My husband and I go to this restaurant for dinner sometimes. Every time we come the food is excellent , service is great and a restaurant itself is very nicely decorated. Recently we had a big party there and everything was absolutely outstanding. All the food was delicious and very nicely presented. Waiter staff went out of their way to help with everything we needed. All our guests were very impressed. You have to check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be call "The Flop"FinnVIPDined on 2/14/2013nothing french about the cuisine, the ambiance or the staff. more like a Black Sea resort in the 1970s. the ersatz quality of the food was only rivaled by the kitchen's inability to deliver on what was actually ordered. the wait between courses was interminable and when the next course arrived it was either the wrong dish or the waiter announced that they ran out of the item (an hour after it was ordered). DON'T GO.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Went for Valentine's. The menu served was a nice array of many flavors. I don't typically like liver of any kind but the pate appetizer was incredible. My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic meal. Service was a bit haggered due to the capacity but we knew what we were in for. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- My husband and I had a pre-ValentintinagVIPDined on 2/9/2013My husband and I had a pre-Valentine's Day dinner which did not disappoint. We started with the tomato bisque soup: smokey flavor, no fillers, and very savory--great for a cold night. We continued with the Hudson Valley Duck Breast (me) and the Five Spice Rub Skirt Steak--both very good. We finished with a shared portion of the peach souffle. Phil, our waiter was appropriately attentive. We will go back with our friends and we wish the proprietors well.Special Features:
- We came with great expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013We came with great expectations after reading the on-line menu. We were not disappointed. We shared a crab avacado salad loaded with lump crab meat. My Hudson Valley Duck breast entree was moist and tender and came with foie gras, figs, dried cherries and an unbelievable cream sauce. Duck is usually my choice when available, and I can't remember ever having a better one. My friend's Lancaster Chicken was also moist and tender over cous cous and with a delicious cream sauce. The portion was so generous she took half of it home. We look forward to returning.Special Features: