1 Approach Road
Asheville, NC 28803Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://biltmore.com/visit/dining/deerpark.asp
- Phone: 8282256260x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday (Lunch only) 11:00am - 3:00pm
Friday & Saturday:
Lunch:11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Sunday (Brunch only) 10:00am - 2:00pm
Monday through Wednesday - Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Kirk Fiore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Deerpark Restaurant
This charming restaurant located on Biltmore Estate was originally an historic barn designed by Richard Morris Hunt. Now transformed into a courtyard restaurant with walls of windows, Deerpark Restaurant serves a generous array of Southern style dishes and Appalachian specialties. Our Taste of the South Weekend brunches offers bountiful choices. It's an excellent setting for family dining, with children nine and younger dining for free. Paid Estate admission is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Deerpark Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Deerpark Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (84)special occasion (68)great for lunch (59)fit for foodies (45)scenic view (45)romantic (43)good for groups (41)kid-friendly (32)great for outdoor dining (31)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (8)hot spot (6)Show More
- Never DisappointedMLPWDined on 10/26/2014Our family just celebrated my grandchildren's GrandBee's birthday with a beautiful brunch. The food was delicious and it was a lovely, happy day for our entire family. Thank you, Biltmore. You never disappoint.Special Features:
- RaceFanDined on 10/26/2014Excellent brunch. A regular stop for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchSarahDined on 10/26/2014Loved everything about this place. Atmosphere was fun. Loved the banjo player. Brunch was unique. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014We have eaten at Deerpark many times over the years. Our most recent visit was very enjoyable. We found the quality of the food to be improved over our last visit. The service was impeccable - all staff were very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is always conducive to having a leisurely and excellent meal with family and friends. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Biltmore DisapointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014I have eaten at the deer Park restaurant many times before and always looked forward to returning. I had anticipated Sundays visit with such enthusiasm that my new husband was extremely disappointed. In the past every food item was a treat to the pallet this visit I only ate two items that I would describe as even being Good! The food was such a let down that I will never return to this restaurant! The chef needs choose an entirely different menu. I must add that the service and the staff were as impeccable as always.Special Features:
- greatfoodjunkie2014Dined on 10/25/2014We were greeting by smiling hosts who seated us in just a matter of minutes. Our server was all-smiles, serving us drinks and offering a menu without hesitation. The selection of entrees were great, as well as the desserts. We were treated like royalty and the experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulChucktowndinerDined on 10/19/2014My girlfirend and I were amazed at the quality and variety of the Sunday Brunch. The food was just wonderful!Special Features:
- Loved It!!RRB28Dined on 10/18/2014I have been here several times and love the food every time!! Very elegant but not too fancy to dress casual.Special Features:
- Not your average buffetBluegrassDined on 10/18/2014I admit I was somewhat disappointed to hear it was a buffet only menu. However everything was very good. The parsnip and apple soup to the desserts. The beef was perfectly cooked and the fried chicken was scrumptious. I was surprised by the lack of vegetable selections but with 5 desserts who really cares?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super buffet.billybarooDined on 10/18/2014Everything was perfect. All details from food to service well thought out. Each course had excellent choices and food was fresh and tasty. Left very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Weekendncolon60Dined on 10/18/2014The Deer Park is a great place. We have had parties of just me and my wife and a party of 18 for Christmas brunch. The service is excellent. I have never had a problem at all. They go over and above to accommodate their guests. I wish they allowed guests to come and eat without buying the entrance ticket to the Biltmore EstateSpecial Features:
- Great brunch restaurantgingy28Dined on 10/12/2014We loved Deerpark Restaurant. We were immediately seated and had a nice table. The brunch had an array of food choices. The Bloody Mary bar was a hit with my husband.Special Features:
- Perfection!!!QueenlovesgoodfoodDined on 10/12/2014When I think about the meal we had my mouth starts watering. Everything about the Deer Park was perfect. We are from the West Coast and really enjoyed The amazing Southern cuisine. Great value. Perfect variety. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their BrunchShopgirl40Dined on 10/12/2014We have eaten here quite a few times and have loved it every time. My eleven year old son said, as I was telling him goodnight, "I had a great day! Brunch was so much fun! I love eating at the Deerpark." Our server was incredibly sweet and efficient. The food is amazing. The pumpkin bread french toast was a huge hit with our family. The only downside is that vegetarians have to been careful about certain items because they use a lot of ham and bacon in vegetables. We do always find quite a bit to eat though. Vegans would have a hard time eating here, but the staff is always willing to accommodate you. Great for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Too much great food to choose from!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Deerpark never disappoints. The Sunday brunch features delicious, locally sourced breakfast and lunch options. The buffet is kept well-stocked, hot and staff are available to answer any and all questions. This fall menu has SOOOOO many delicious items that the only problem is figuring out how to still be able to walk when you leave. From appetizers to desserts, EVERYTHING impresses. On Sundays they have live music that adds to a special atmosphere without intruding. I've been going for 20 years---and hope to live long enough to go 20 more.Special Features:
- Great brunch!alyssaDined on 9/28/2014Everything they offered was delicious. It seems a little pricey for brunch, but the food is very high quality. I think it was worth it. Definitely a must see when visiting the Biltmore!Special Features:
- The bestLove2eatDined on 9/28/2014Every aspect of Deerpark was fabulous, I would love to have a special affair here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for seasonal flavorsJimmynMickDined on 9/20/2014We love the Deerpark as the seasons change and enjoy the ever changing menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant.MickVIPDined on 9/20/2014Could not have been better! The food was prepared perfectly and the variety was much more than adequate. Everything had a taste that can be recalled days after the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeerPark Lunch BuffetThreeAmigosDined on 9/20/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the ambience. The weather was great and the windows were open, which we loved! Our waitress and the service was wonderful, definitely have to say that they go the "extra mile." Will definitely be a repeat customer for the lunch buffet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foothillsguestfoothillsguestDined on 9/7/2014As season passholders, we have enjoyed the Sunday Brunch for several years. Our entire family agrees this is the best Brunch menu that they have had for years. The variety of dishes makes it hard to choose. The Kale Salad is fantastic! Kudos to the chef. We highly recommend the Sunday Brunch at Deerpark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014An enjoyable visit. Food was very good, service was excellent (Loretta does her job so well), and the birthday surprise was special.Special Features:
- Surprise FindDAandKADined on 8/30/2014As we explored the Biltmore website the day before our visit, we decided to eat at the Deer Park Restaurant. What a great decision. The ambience, the quality of the food, the faultless service all built upon the Biltmore experience. We would eat here again without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find at Biltmore.cosmosmariner2Dined on 8/30/2014Deerpark is simply outstanding. The food, service and ambiance are all incredible. Our server, Norringhton was very attentive. The best part was the food, there aren't enough superlatives to describe how good it was! To truly make a visit to Biltmore memorable, you simply *must* eat at Deerpark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deerpark Restaurant Asheville NCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Visiting the Biltmore Estate and heard this restaurant on the grounds was good! It was VERY good! Service was good, scenery beautiful, (on the Biltmore!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IHeartBiltmoreDined on 8/30/2014We've dined at Deerpark for special occasions twice. Once for Saturday lunch (which is more reasonably priced) and once for Sunday Brunch. Both times the food was absolutely delicious! There were a lot more food choices for brunch (which explains the huge price difference). We will definitely dine at Deerpark again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at BiltmoreChrisDined on 8/23/2014Had the Saturday buffet. Great choices, great food. Wait staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary MealBlueHose10Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I visited this past weekend for our anniversary and we absolutely loved Deerpark Restaurant. There was a wonderful variety of food and the scenery was amazing. We thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Awesome lunchLevernDined on 8/16/2014I went for the Saturday lunch buffet and, overall, the food was really good. Mountain trout was on the buffet, which I love, and it was very good (not dry or overcooked). I went with a group of 5 family members and opted for the buffet so that everyone would be able to find something they liked. The waitress was great and the hostess and kitchen staff were very friendly. I visit a range of eateries from sketchy food trucks to high-end a la cart spots. Therefore, I believe that I have good sense of what's good and what's not. I'm not sure what others experienced on other trips, but for me and my family, it was a lovely day and meal. Until we have a reason not to go, we'll continue eating there.Special Features:
- Deerpark DeliteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the Deerpark Restaurant's lunch buffet upon arriving at the Biltmore Estate midday. Having experienced many worldwide resort restaurants, Deerpark's forest location was enchanting, refreshing and calming after a hectic travel morning and the beautiful buffet offerings were superbly delicious. Waitstaff was pleasant and attentive. Seating presentation with white table clothes and flowers were an exceptional touch. We would not hesitate recommending Deerpark to our friends and family along with the remainder of the Biltmore Estate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing day at the BiltmoreMelrnDined on 8/10/2014If you are planning on visiting the Biltmore on Sunday, consider an outstanding brunch/lunch here. Everything on the buffet was high quality and delicious!Special Features:
- To (diet minus the "t") forjohniebgood62Dined on 8/10/2014If in Asheville you must see the Biltmore estate. If it's the weekend, Deer Park for the Sunday brunch is the place to eat. Early 1900's recipes are delightful for the pallet. Superior service with great presentation. The old world atmosphere gives you a a chance to experience a more laid back time and enjoy the feeling that you are truly posh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Great place for dining. Wonderful food. Excellent service. We have been here before and would definitely return.Special Features:
- wonderfulDeniseDined on 8/10/2014Sunday brunch was wonderful. There was a very wide variety of food options and live music being played by a banjo player. Our waitress was very attentive and lovely. The restaurant was very pretty. I highly recommend going here if you are in the Asheville area.Special Features:
- Anniversary LunchLoveDearPark14Dined on 8/9/2014We have tried both the Saturday Lunch and the Sunday Brunch at different times. The food has always been outstanding, the wait staff has performed at a very high level. When they open the doors/walls and you are basically sitting in the court yard, it can be extremely relaxing. Just a great dining experience. The buffet does not have an extensive selection; however, every dish is excellent. The deserts too. We have had several anniversary lunches here and would love to do it again.Special Features:
- Loving themKevinVIPDined on 8/3/2014Who would do a special treat at brunch for my wife to celebrate her birthday brunch? THESE FOLKS!Special Features:
- Lovely SettingTravelerDined on 8/3/2014We had a lovely brunch here and the setting was beautiful. There is LOTS of food choices available so come hungry! FYI drinks are NOT included in the price of the brunch. We were surprised by this when we got our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Saturday lunch buffet -- WONDERFUL! The food was outstanding, but the atmosphere was even better! Enjoyed the musician. We didn't want to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary lunchRFredericksonDined on 7/26/2014We haven't been to Deerpark for some time, which was one of our favorite after church places to eat. We went on Saturday, our anniversary and was somewhat surprised by the sparceness of the buffet. Serving a trout, fried chicken basket and a brisket slathered in gravy was different, but somewhat meager and since neither of us eat trout and I don't eat fried chicken, only left me with brisket. We used to come on a regular basis to Deerpark and akways came to the Valentines Day dinner and dance, but I don't think we'll be coming back for lunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy yet casual!PFR88Dined on 7/19/2014Deerpark is a beautiful restaurant for lunch or brunch. The soft live guitar music along with the beautiful lighting made the atmosphere so calm, comfortable and relaxing as we enjoyed our meal. The lunch buffet offered a variety of foods from various cheeses, breads, meats, vegetables and desserts - all presented so picture-perfectly! Wherever you sit, you have an excellent view of the lush courtyard. The windows were so large and open so a gentle breeze was felt. What a perfect dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.