1 Approach Road
Asheville, NC 28803Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://biltmore.com/visit/dining/deerpark.asp
- Phone: 8282256260x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday (Lunch only) 11:00am - 3:00pm
Friday & Saturday:
Lunch:11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Sunday (Brunch only) 10:00am - 2:00pm
Monday through Wednesday - Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Kirk Fiore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Deerpark Restaurant
This charming restaurant located on Biltmore Estate was originally an historic barn designed by Richard Morris Hunt. Now transformed into a courtyard restaurant with walls of windows, Deerpark Restaurant serves a generous array of Southern style dishes and Appalachian specialties. Our Taste of the South Weekend brunches offers bountiful choices. It's an excellent setting for family dining, with children nine and younger dining for free. Paid Estate admission is required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Deerpark Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Deerpark Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (91)special occasion (69)great for lunch (54)scenic view (46)romantic (45)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (38)great for outdoor dining (30)kid-friendly (29)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (7)hot spot (5)Show More
- foothillsguestfoothillsguestDined on 9/7/2014As season passholders, we have enjoyed the Sunday Brunch for several years. Our entire family agrees this is the best Brunch menu that they have had for years. The variety of dishes makes it hard to choose. The Kale Salad is fantastic! Kudos to the chef. We highly recommend the Sunday Brunch at Deerpark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014An enjoyable visit. Food was very good, service was excellent (Loretta does her job so well), and the birthday surprise was special.Special Features:
- Surprise FindDAandKADined on 8/30/2014As we explored the Biltmore website the day before our visit, we decided to eat at the Deer Park Restaurant. What a great decision. The ambience, the quality of the food, the faultless service all built upon the Biltmore experience. We would eat here again without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find at Biltmore.cosmosmariner2Dined on 8/30/2014Deerpark is simply outstanding. The food, service and ambiance are all incredible. Our server, Norringhton was very attentive. The best part was the food, there aren't enough superlatives to describe how good it was! To truly make a visit to Biltmore memorable, you simply *must* eat at Deerpark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deerpark Restaurant Asheville NCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Visiting the Biltmore Estate and heard this restaurant on the grounds was good! It was VERY good! Service was good, scenery beautiful, (on the Biltmore!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IHeartBiltmoreDined on 8/30/2014We've dined at Deerpark for special occasions twice. Once for Saturday lunch (which is more reasonably priced) and once for Sunday Brunch. Both times the food was absolutely delicious! There were a lot more food choices for brunch (which explains the huge price difference). We will definitely dine at Deerpark again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at BiltmoreChrisDined on 8/23/2014Had the Saturday buffet. Great choices, great food. Wait staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary MealBlueHose10Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I visited this past weekend for our anniversary and we absolutely loved Deerpark Restaurant. There was a wonderful variety of food and the scenery was amazing. We thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Awesome lunchLevernDined on 8/16/2014I went for the Saturday lunch buffet and, overall, the food was really good. Mountain trout was on the buffet, which I love, and it was very good (not dry or overcooked). I went with a group of 5 family members and opted for the buffet so that everyone would be able to find something they liked. The waitress was great and the hostess and kitchen staff were very friendly. I visit a range of eateries from sketchy food trucks to high-end a la cart spots. Therefore, I believe that I have good sense of what's good and what's not. I'm not sure what others experienced on other trips, but for me and my family, it was a lovely day and meal. Until we have a reason not to go, we'll continue eating there.Special Features:
- Deerpark DeliteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the Deerpark Restaurant's lunch buffet upon arriving at the Biltmore Estate midday. Having experienced many worldwide resort restaurants, Deerpark's forest location was enchanting, refreshing and calming after a hectic travel morning and the beautiful buffet offerings were superbly delicious. Waitstaff was pleasant and attentive. Seating presentation with white table clothes and flowers were an exceptional touch. We would not hesitate recommending Deerpark to our friends and family along with the remainder of the Biltmore Estate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing day at the BiltmoreMelrnDined on 8/10/2014If you are planning on visiting the Biltmore on Sunday, consider an outstanding brunch/lunch here. Everything on the buffet was high quality and delicious!Special Features:
- To (diet minus the "t") forjohniebgood62Dined on 8/10/2014If in Asheville you must see the Biltmore estate. If it's the weekend, Deer Park for the Sunday brunch is the place to eat. Early 1900's recipes are delightful for the pallet. Superior service with great presentation. The old world atmosphere gives you a a chance to experience a more laid back time and enjoy the feeling that you are truly posh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Great place for dining. Wonderful food. Excellent service. We have been here before and would definitely return.Special Features:
- wonderfulDeniseDined on 8/10/2014Sunday brunch was wonderful. There was a very wide variety of food options and live music being played by a banjo player. Our waitress was very attentive and lovely. The restaurant was very pretty. I highly recommend going here if you are in the Asheville area.Special Features:
- Anniversary LunchLoveDearPark14Dined on 8/9/2014We have tried both the Saturday Lunch and the Sunday Brunch at different times. The food has always been outstanding, the wait staff has performed at a very high level. When they open the doors/walls and you are basically sitting in the court yard, it can be extremely relaxing. Just a great dining experience. The buffet does not have an extensive selection; however, every dish is excellent. The deserts too. We have had several anniversary lunches here and would love to do it again.Special Features:
- Lovely SettingTravelerDined on 8/3/2014We had a lovely brunch here and the setting was beautiful. There is LOTS of food choices available so come hungry! FYI drinks are NOT included in the price of the brunch. We were surprised by this when we got our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Saturday lunch buffet -- WONDERFUL! The food was outstanding, but the atmosphere was even better! Enjoyed the musician. We didn't want to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary lunchRFredericksonDined on 7/26/2014We haven't been to Deerpark for some time, which was one of our favorite after church places to eat. We went on Saturday, our anniversary and was somewhat surprised by the sparceness of the buffet. Serving a trout, fried chicken basket and a brisket slathered in gravy was different, but somewhat meager and since neither of us eat trout and I don't eat fried chicken, only left me with brisket. We used to come on a regular basis to Deerpark and akways came to the Valentines Day dinner and dance, but I don't think we'll be coming back for lunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy yet casual!PFR88Dined on 7/19/2014Deerpark is a beautiful restaurant for lunch or brunch. The soft live guitar music along with the beautiful lighting made the atmosphere so calm, comfortable and relaxing as we enjoyed our meal. The lunch buffet offered a variety of foods from various cheeses, breads, meats, vegetables and desserts - all presented so picture-perfectly! Wherever you sit, you have an excellent view of the lush courtyard. The windows were so large and open so a gentle breeze was felt. What a perfect dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We very much enjoyed the Sunday Brunch. It was quiet and the food was exceptional. It felt like a garden luncheon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeerparkYummersDined on 7/13/2014The food & service was excellent. Went to celebrate a birthday and definitely recommend it to all for any reason though. Oh, we were expecting to drink mimosa's but forgot that alcohol can not be served before 12p - so keep that in mind. We just stayed around unitl we could have our mimosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good.MickDined on 7/12/2014Try to go at least once every two weeks and it is always worth the drive. Beautiful restaurant and the food is very good.Special Features:
- Price has gone up!BrunchersDined on 7/6/2014We have been coming here for years. And this was the first time that I was not blown away. The brisket was too overdone...a bit tough. The selection was not as amazing as it has been in the past. And this was the first time that our tea/coffee were NOT included in our buffet price. Really, 33 dollars and you can't include coffee or tea???? Maybe we will try them for something other than the brunch next time. I wish the brunch could be like years past...dessert bar used to be AMAZING. Please try to recreate that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchcharlestongirlDined on 6/29/2014Great food! If you like Bloody Marys or Mimosas, make your reservation after 12 because of their liquor laws. Remember if this is during the summer the space is not air-conditioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- varietyboudroDined on 6/29/2014The variety of food has improved since going to the new layout several years ago.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant.MickDined on 6/28/2014This is just one of our favorite places to eat in Asheville. Food is always prepared fresh and is very tasty. Service is as good as it can get at Biltmore.Special Features:
- SpecialTravelDeeDined on 6/22/2014We have an annual pass, which you need to get into this restaurant. It was our first time there. We think it should be open to anyone who comes to Asheville and wants to experience a special meal in a beautiful environment. It was practically empty when we went this past Sunday to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. The food was original and delicious. We went for the Sunday brunch which mentioned breakfast foods, along with brunch foods. There was a very limited selections of breads, nothing special. Could have done better with that. Also at about 1:30 they ran out of trout which I had only taken a tiny piece of to try & I wanted to have a bit moref. The smoked brisket was outstanding and luckily I was able to get another piece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem at BiltmoreBobcatDined on 6/21/2014We brought out of state guests for lunch on Saturday and enjoyed a delightful, relaxing lunch. It was a place we could have easy conversation. Although not actually outside, it is very close to that with glass that opens to views of a courtyard and gardens. We enjoyed live music while we ate. Servers were polite and did not hurry us, yet they were attentive to our needs. The food was outstanding! The trout perfectly cooked. Salads were unusual. We all loved the nut encrusted watermelon salad as it was so different. One can never go wrong with the desserts. The smaller size of the desserts allows tasting several choices without wasting food. More people should find this dining gem at Biltmore. It is our favorite restaurant on the estate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite pleases.MasterChefDined on 6/15/2014Disappointed that it is not open on a regular basis for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Lovely setting. Overpriced. The room with the food stations was difficult for us to access as we were seated far away from it. Food was good. Service medium though there wasn't much for server to do. Enjoyed being there.Special Features:
- Deliciously exclusive dining!GogglesDined on 6/15/2014Go for the brunch at Biltmore's Deerpark Inn if you are visiting the estate for the day or staying at the Inn. Annual passholders should not miss this dining experience as admission to the estate is required to get to the restaurant. We had time for brunch and to tour the house and visit Antler Hill Village afterward for the wine tasting. The ambience was delightful and serene, food was expertly prepared and presented. Numerous serving stations meant no long queues. The food was excellent and service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but overpricedSMG12Dined on 6/15/2014Large variety on the buffet, from Mahi Mahi to Prime Rib, very kid-friendly, breakfast foods, salads, fruits, desserts, but $45 per person is overpriced and only includes water! Non-alcoholic beverages are charged separately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GolferDined on 6/15/2014Have been to the brunch before, quality seems to have deteriorated , food not as we'll prepared. Currently over-priced for what you get.
- Great sunday buffet brunchsobeVIPDined on 6/15/2014Have had larger better brunch buffets but for much more money. This is simply a great deal....lots of good choices at very reasonable price. Location within Biltmore estate is of course a major plus.Special Features:
- First Time overall great experienceHendersonvillemama5587Dined on 6/15/2014Overall it was a very lovely experience. The food was first class and everyone was very nice. The bluegrass music was great had was the breeze from the windows. The only complaint I have is that the buffet was covered in flies, especially the salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchTennCountryLifeDined on 6/15/2014This was our first time visiting Deer Park. The food that stood out for our group was the meats (Mahi-Mahi Ham, Prime Rib, Pork) all were tender and flavorful The Omlette Bar and Pancake Bar were delecious There were a large variety of side dishes as well The Large selection of Desserts were definitely worth saving a some room The thing that most impressed me though was the ambience. They had a Blue Grass Band playing live in the center court and the large windows that opened to the center allowed both the music and the warm southren air to filter in with out either being over powering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Excellent atmosphere for special occasions. Delicious food. Beautifully presentedSpecial Features:
- Special BrunchDavenportDined on 6/8/2014My partner and I chose to dine here for brunch during our visit to the Biltmore, it added to the elegance and ambiance of such a beautiful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sheer enjoyment ...AldocellaVIPDined on 6/7/2014Deerpark is located on the grounds of the Biltmore Estate, a sufficient distance from the main house to leave the "matting crowd" behind. It's a tad bit rustic, but food, furnishings and tableware are all topnotch. We attended Saturday Brunch, which is a buffet affair ... the food was well-presented and equally delicious. Wow - it was an OpenTable member - what good luck.Special Features:
- Once in a LifetimePLentyfullDined on 6/1/2014We loved the variety of the food but, for the price, expected a better quality and that the stations would be resupplied before the last shrimp was selected. I also thought it would have been nice to have juice or tea included with the meal. We took friends for their 16th anniversary and they enjoyed the unique experience of dining on the estate.Special Features: