Deer Park Tavern
108 W. Main Street
Newark, DE 19711Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Deer Park Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deerparktavern.com/ordereze/default.aspx
- Phone: (302) 369-9414
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday: 11:30 am – 1:00 am Sunday: 9:00 am – 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Catering options area available. Please see our website for details: http://www.deerparktavern.com/ordereze/Catering/Summary.aspx
A word from Deer Park Tavern
are committed to satisfying our customers with great food and excellent service. We offer delicious dishes for Sunday Brunch. Whatever you're in the mood for, you can find it here! Take a look at our wonderful menu and you'll find everything that you need!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Deer Park Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (8)good for groups (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Excellent breakfast/brunchUDParentsfromCTDined on 11/1/2014We had a great Sunday brunch at Deer Park while attending UD's Parent Weekend earlier in the month. We found ourselves traveling through Newark from Virginia this past weekend and took our daughter and two friends to Saturday brunch. Excellent place for breakfast/brunch. Really good food and a great casual atmosphere to catch up with your student.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Placeluv2laughDined on 10/11/2014Located within the University of Delaware campus, The Deer Park Tavern is the perfect place for a decent meal at a decent price. It has historical significance both literally and to me, personally. The Deer Park was built in the 1800's, but it was also my favorite hangout 30 years ago as a UD student. It has changed in some ways since then, (they have since added air conditioning lol) but it remains a great venue for grabbing a beer and hanging out with friends or family in an upbeat environment. It was my first choice for dinner during a visit to my daughter for UD's Parents and Family Weekend. The servers are friendly and the patrons are happy. You will leave here in a good mood!Special Features:
- Great burgers!kreeDined on 10/10/2014i had the Thai burger and it was excellent. A very busy night at the pub and the service still was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old Stand-ByBlueHenClassof1982Dined on 10/10/2014I am a 1982 UD Graduate and spent a lot of time at The Deer Park back in the day. It used to be the type of place only college kids would frequent. I would never bring my parents there when they came to visit. Well, now my son is a UD student and we have been there several times with him - at my reommendation! The service is excellent the wait staff is very knowledgeable and the food is great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively PlaceMJEventProDined on 10/4/2014Had dinner here Sat. night after a football game. Most of our group had burgers, which were good - Also had the Truffle Fries, which were a bit soggy and cold. The Thai burger was pretty good. It was a lively/crowded night at the Tavern, and unfortunately we were seated right in the middle of the main walk-thru area in front of the entrance - I should have asked to be moved to another table, which would probably have changed my review… Way too much running back and forth (and yes, I do mean actually running) by some of the wait staff. Also, not too easy to talk with anyone other than the person sitting next to you, but again, this probably would have changed with a different table. Overall, not bad - Will definitely give it another try.Special Features:
- The following 24 reviews are from the Deer Park Tavern reviews archive.
- Great placeAllAboutFoodDined on 7/25/2014I went to school in Newark, so I've been going to the DP for years. It's way upscale now from the early 80's. The food is good and reasonably priced. Nothing fancy. Not many vegetarian options but for meat eaters it's a nice menu. Service was great. Awesome beer selection. We had a group of 12 and sat in the separate room and it was perfect. We'll definitely return!Special Features:
- Fun!CherryHillfoodieDined on 6/7/2014Had a great time at the Deer Park Tavern. Everything was great except it was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSteveVIPDined on 5/16/2014Not fancy but great burgers and similar fare. A college hangout so noisy and somewhat cruddy. Very good service.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchLoveBrkfstOutDined on 5/11/2014Sunday Brunch was delicious!.Best French toast ever! Nice atmosphere for kids as well as adults! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Deer ParkWaltonBoyDined on 5/4/2014The noise level was too much to even hear people at the table talk, the waitress was disinterested and had to ask for silverware and napkins. She did not even check to see if we needed anything else, we always had to hunt her down and ask. The brunch food was mediocre, nothing great. All around a disappointment for such an interesting building.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Based on our first time visit for Sunday brunch I don't think we will be returning.Special Features:
- Easter brunch was a hit!hannelore14Dined on 4/20/2014There were 7 of us at brunch, grandparents down to grandkids. The food was delicious and our waitress was great! Great bang for your buck. Grandparents were impressed since they'd never been in this establishment before.Special Features:
- DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014The food has really gone downhill-this used to be my family's go-to place for casual Sunday brunch.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014Our server, Anya, was excellent. Our meal not so. My "Steak Salad" was made up of mostly Romaine ribs, brown at the edges, and included several clumps of lettuce, still attached at the base. The meat was cold by the time it arrived at the table. A friend's medium rare burger was almost well done and the portabella mushroom on hers and another's consisted of a tiny slice of mushroom on each burger. One came with fries instead of salad. Another's side of caramelized onions consisted of not quite 1/2 of the little cup in which it was served, about 1 TBS! This was a really poor showing fort a kitchen that has done better. If you just want to be a tavern, revise your menu. If you want to be a dining venue, get some cooks.Special Features:
- Bloody Mary Bar!naurae29Dined on 1/19/2014Although we'd been to Deer Park many times, we tried the Sunday Brunch for the first time this week. The Bloody Mary bar is spectacular! Make your own drink using a wide range of hot sauces, mixers, and garnishes! The food was only OK: the French toast was thick-cut from bread that was too fresh, so it hadn't absorbed the egg all the way, and one of my eggs was broken. However, the home fries are delicious and the breakfast wrap was a winner! Although our waitress forgot what came with my breakfast, she was very accommodating and friendly.Special Features:
- Definite Favorite!Jungle393VIPDined on 1/2/2014The Deer Park Tavern has been a favorite place of mine for over 40 years! It has changed over the years (for the better), and the food is great! The burgers are always my favorite - the best in town!Special Features:
- Poor seatingBobMDined on 11/23/2013Despite reservations, we were required to sit in the bar area
- Special dinnerpepperDined on 11/17/2013Enjoyed a delicious dinner in the bar area, while son and friends celebrated birthday in other part of restaurant. Food was wonderful and service fantastic! All the servers were so friendly and accommodating! We returned the next day for Sunday Brunch -- also delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast with familyPontiacsDined on 11/3/2013It was great to get somewhere that could accommodate us from grandparents to grandchildren and a large groupSpecial Features:
- The Deer Tavern was a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2013The Deer Tavern was a very nice place. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Our waiter was lacking in personality. He barely talked and when he did he either mumbled or nodded. Did not care for him at all.Special Features:
- Good Beer SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012Nice beer selection and food is good and similar to what you would find at most pubs.Special Features:
- Deer Park! That's not good service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012Food was fine,but other than taking our order we never saw our waitress, tried to get the attention of the multitude of other waitresses there, but it would have taken a gun shot.Special Features:
- Great Food, Best Bloody Mary Bar !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2012Service and Food are consistenly good! Best Bloody Mary Bar in the tri state area! A great, relaxing place for Sunday Brunch!Special Features:
- They provided us with a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012They provided us with a great table setting for 10 along a bench wall so it was comfortable. We were 15 min late and they held the table for us and even gave us a courtesy call to make sure we were coming so they did not give our table away. We were actually at the lobby of the restaurant when we got the call. Service was great and we will come back again for casual dining or just drinks with friends and appetizers.Special Features:
- Yummy BrunchLoriDined on 10/7/2012What a nice surprise. Brunch was yummy. Loved the tavern atmosphere. Great jazz guitarist added a wonderful touch. If you like Bloody Mary's you need to come here! They have a "make your own" with more hot sauces and add ins than I've ever seen in one place!Special Features:
- Parents' Weekend crowd wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/7/2012Parents' Weekend crowd was too much for the kitchen; we waited 55 minutes for the food to come out. The waitress did a good job updating us where in line our order was, but it was long delayed. Since the date of the Weekend is known well in advance, perhaps Deer Park might consider adding to the cook staff to cover the crowd for the Weekend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012My fiancé and I decided to check out Deer Park Tavern and we absolutely loved it! The atmosphere was fun and the food was delicious. While you wait for your food, you can enjoy some popcorn that is offered. If you love trying new beer, this is the place to go. They have a huge selection of beer to choose from. We will definitely be going back again soon!Special Features:
- I thought the food would haveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2012I thought the food would have been better. Burgers were a little dry. Also i heard there was history associated with this restaurant and i couldnt find a write up anywhere.Special Features:
- My brunch entree was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2012My brunch entree was excellent, the bloody Mary bar amazing, and our server was top-notch.Special Features: