deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
14651 Chelonia Parkway
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://deepbluorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 390-2420
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30-10pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Geoffrey Gable
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
deep blu seafood grille features ultra fresh seafood, hand crafted sushi and more with a focus on local and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)fit for foodies (58)romantic (52)good for groups (30)scenic view (24)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Maggie WattierServiceDined on 9/12/2014. Our first experience with the service wasnt good.. First my salad with my husband's entree. He tried to wait for my entree to eat, which was over 30 minutes later, so he ate his meal cold.The server stated that dessert was on him for the delay and mixup but instead brought me another cocktail (which I didnt want) and put it on our bill. No complimentary dessert. The lemons my husband asked for with his water at the beginning showed up with the dessert I ordered.Special Features:
- Magical Seafood MealMcFly5585VIPDined on 9/12/2014We finally made it to deep blu with a little nudge from Orlando's Magical Dining Month. After reading reviews prior to dining, we were not sure of the service, however we were pleased. The menu sounded too good to pass up and it delivered as to our expectations- the butternut squash bisque was very nice, despite the server's insisting that my mom order the crab cake , which was all crab, (he later surprised her with the bisque anyway; an unexpected and appreciated treat), the blue crab risotto was also quite tasty and the red snapper was cooked very well. The citrus creme brulee was a nice, refreshing and seemingly light way to end the meal. I would go back to sample some of the sushi menu- Magical Dining Month or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!FriedRiceDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated my girlfriend's birthday at deep blu and it was an amazing evening. I noted the special occasion when I made the reservation through the Magical Dining website, and when we arrived, her name was printed at the top of the menus. After we ordered, the chef signed the menus as a momento. The food...fantastic. She started with the crab cake and had the Crab Risotto for the main course. The Risotto was almost life altering and we recommend it. I had the Butternut Squash Bisque and the Snapper (cooked to perfection). Our deserts were also amazing. The staff was friendly and attentive, the wine was great, the night was awesome. I am now known as a birthday pro, and have no idea how i'll match this experience next year.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/11/2014We went for magical dining and were very impressed with the quality of the food and the service staff provided. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10th wedding anniversaryLove2eatDined on 9/10/2014We went to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and were treated like royalty. We loved the customized menu and how we later received everyones (the staff) best wishes and signatures on the menu. Our server, Manny, was very professional and knowledgeable. He made sure that we were always well. The place is beautiful and the atmosphere is just incredible. We definetely will be going there many, many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must tryTopFoodFoodieDined on 9/10/2014Had this restaurant on my to do list for a while since is one of the top restaurant by Orlando Magazine. the Magical dining menu have various choices to pick, the crab cake is to die for and we ordered the calamari aditional wich was very very good.seared snapper was excellent and i was very surprised with the rissotto which was done to perfection, we added crab mac n cheese and creme brule for dessert, The service was outstanding between Rachel and her partner wich I forgot his name but they went above n beyond specially with the kids with ice cream n strawberries.Overrall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/10/2014It is well worth going out of your way to visit Deep Blu. The menu is amazing and the presentation could be right off a cooking show. It is a quiet elegant restaurant only used mostly by hotel guests so make a point to get there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magical dining experienceadagrlDined on 9/7/2014Came here in a group of 10 for Magical Dining. At first service was on point, refilled drinks and brought out bread. The starters even came out quick as well. After that it just went downhill, the wait for our main course took maybe about 45 min. The server tells us that whomever ordered the red snapper if it can be upgraded to the Grouper because they had no more Red Snapper. After the quick okay from the group, we waited another 20 min for the main to come out. Our reservations were at 745pm, we didn't get our main course until 9:45pm. The desserts offered was okay. After waiting for our waiter to come by to get our checks, we didn't leave until 10:45pm on a Sunday evening at a restaurant that wasn't even at half capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Part of all our Disney trips!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We live in FL & with 4 elementary school child we enjoy our Disney annual passes very much, but even the best & most expensive restaurants in Disney are below our expectations. Thanks to open table we found this place and it is tops with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with my GrannyTammy81Dined on 9/6/2014This restaurant was wonderful! Great service, even with magical dining pricing! The crabcake, salad, snapper and crime brûlée were superb!Special Features:
- ok experienceJennDined on 9/5/2014I dined with a group of 6 women, we were in town for a conference. The service started out great, but as the restaurant go slightly busy (1/2 tables filled) our waiter stopped by less and less. One order was mixed up (appetizer arrived on time, but entree arrived at 10 minutes after everyone else's) and the waiter promised my friend a free dessert to make up for his mistake, but then forgot. Near the end of the meal he disappeared entirely. The crab cakes were very bland - very "crabby" but little seasoning. Meh The sushi was excellent, though.
- Nice but slowflengoDined on 9/4/2014Food was good but was surprised that it took over an hour to get our main entrée when restaurant was not crowded. Staff very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb servicedhsgDined on 9/4/2014Our table of 6 enjoyed three course meals. Everyone ordered different foods so we had the pleasure of sampling a variety of dishes. We all thoroughly enjoyed every appetizer, entree, and dessert. Our best dining experience in a while. Made our vacation that much more enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical DiningEatOutForTwoDined on 9/2/2014Our party visited for the Magical Dining experience. Well done, attentive staff, excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeekendVIPDined on 9/1/2014We dined at Deep Blu this same week in 2013. We had the same waitress as last year and she remembered us. Food delicious and service outstanding. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place To Stop By At DisneyQMHFLDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I visited for our anniversary. We decided to try the magical dining menu. The Red Snapper dish was delicious. It was cooked nicely and seasoned well. My wife's Blu Crab Risotto was below par for this type of restaurant. It didn't taste bad, but there was not much taste and it only had a pure/heavy creme flavor. The asparagus puree was good, but did not look appetizing sitting on the Risotto plate. Their raw bar was awesome. Our server was good and delivered our food very timely. We may try to come back again for their other menu items, but there are plenty of other restaurants in the area to try first. Overall, a great night out in a great hotel area, surrounded by a lake with walking paths to top off the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down by cool foodfoodloversDined on 8/29/2014We ate here in March and twice in the last 2 weeks ,the food is very good,however its never hot.We returned food in March and we returned food on both visits this month.We returned mash not once but twice and it came each time as cool as the last lot. Add that to cool air conditioning and cold plates and you are soon eating very cold food.Its such a shame as the chef is good on flavour and the crab cakes are great.We advised the waiter on our recent visit that we had to return scallops and mash last time in the hope they would ensure heat,but to no avail.Please re think this ,you give the bull and bear across the road at the Waldorf a run for their money but heat your plates and stick a thermometer in your food before serving.Special Features:
- Not impressedDandMDined on 8/29/2014Wow...what a disappointment! Both food & service! We enjoy trying new restaurants during Magical Dining Month, & this was the first bad experience. I requested iced tea & the waiter came back & said the "machine was broken". Really? The best item on the menu is the crab cake appetizer, which is wonderful and full of crab meat. The kale salad tasted good, but was no more than 3 bites. The red snapper was edible, but poorly seasoned & a bit rubbery. I was so looking forward to the risotto, which promised lump blue crab, but couldn't find any trace of crab meat at all. The risotto had a nice flavor, but absolutely no crab! I spoke to the waiter, who basically smiled & walked away. The torte dessert was ok. We will certainly not return.
- Great dinner82muchDined on 8/29/2014Hotel is beautiful , resturant ambience was nice. The meal was plated nace and our food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, under the radarMikeDined on 8/29/2014This gem is a well kept secret in the Disney area near the Waldorf close to the Boardwalk & downtown. We went there as a participating Orlando Magical Dining Program. What a pleasant surprise. Open kitchen with excellent sushi bar. The crab cake app was all meat, no filler, rounded to the size of small orange. Calamari fries best we've eaten and we eat out a lot. The fresh snapper was as good a fish dish as we've had, lightly seared skin on. If not super fresh this fish can have a slight fishy smell if not fresh, but not this dish. The cedar planked salmon looked and smelled wonderful at next table. This place is not cheap, but well worth it. The dining Plan is $33 for 3 course meal that would have cost $70 off the menu same portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food was close to perfection. The crab cake was made so fresh and the lump, texture and taste was simply delicious. The butternut squash bisque was a delight with every drop - thick and creamy texture and every bite is tantalizing to the taste buds. The entree of red snapper was wonderfully prepared and the risotto with lump crab meat again was a delight. The dessert of both the creme bullee and the chocolate torte is to die for. Our compliments to the chef and the service people are attentive, polite and very friendly. It is tad expensive for the regular menu but perfect for the Magical Dining Days. We hope the rest of the restaurants we booked for the Magical Dining Days will be as great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre are bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Disappointing overall experience. Sushi was good so was crab cake. Both main course fish dishes were cold. Service slow even though place was only half full. Poor choice of wines
- Love, love, love this place!pmspostalDined on 8/16/2014Once again, I was made to feel very welcomed by the staff - love Shannon, she is a knowledgeable server and a pleasure to chat with! Chef Geoffrey Gable has made a few changes to the menu and his corn & crab chowder is a must try.. I really enjoyed it. Sat at the sushi bar this visit and had fun interacting with the culinary staff and watching them create wonderful dishes for their patrons. Loved those homemade marshmellows! :-) Thank you deep blu - you all are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointing Second VisitBritizenVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was my second visit to Deep Blu and unfortunately, it might be my last. I had an incredible first visit there about a year ago and it immediately came to my when I was in the area. To start with, the ambiance and service are still great. No complaints there. We started off with the Calamari Fries which were great. They are made from a calamari steak and are tender and tasty. In other words, the meal got off to a great start. Then came the mains; the seafood combo, Alaskan halibut and signature mac n' cheese. The combo and mac n' cheese were so salty, they were almost inedible. The halibut wasn't as salty, but it sure was dry. Went with the banana cheesecake to get the salty taste out, but sadly, it was disappointiing as well.Special Features:
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Proposed to my future wife here. Service and staff were nothing short of extraordinary. Thanks for the wonderful card and the special attention that was given to us on this special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We were greeted by the chef at our table. The food was amazing and was exactly what my coworkers and I were looking for. The crab cakes, lamb, and Tuna are to die for. The service staff were very nice and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 315 reviews are from the deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek reviews archive.
- The right choiceNewfoodieDined on 7/26/2014Beautiful restaurant , beautiful food. Chef's table was so well worth it! Chef Geoffrey was amazing. He was generous in sharing tips, very personable, creative, and the food was fantastic. If I lived closer I would go there again and again. All seafood cooked perfectly, interesting touches like black garlic and ghost pepper, esp. delicious in the sushi. If there were anything to improve on, it would be to beef up the wine list, esp. In the by the glass wines. Loved this restaurant, loved the chef's table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love deep bluOneinaMinionDined on 7/20/2014Fantastic restaurant but a little tricky to find. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation HighlightMarcDined on 7/20/2014Very delighted with our visit to blu. Superb cioppino super fresh and substantial. Beautiful room and very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Orlando spotTastyseekerVIPDined on 7/15/2014I had chosen this restaurant for dinner based on other reviews. The crab cake does live up to the hype. It was one of the best I've ever eaten. The sushi was also wonderful. My colleague is a sushi novice and she really enjoyed the meal. Our server, David, was excellent! I will definitely return and recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to it's reputation!brileyDined on 7/9/2014What a great restaurant! Amazing food, great service, award winning Chef, nice location and did I say Great Service? I researched this restaurant online and what a great choice it was! Very nice, my family thanked me for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2014Excellent food as usual, would definitely return. Tried the meat dishes for a change, just as good as the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/30/2014We dined two nights in a row. First night had the chef's selection then went back for a private chef's table dinner. Great flavor combinations, outside the traditional restaurant box with impeccable food, flavor, presentation and service. We will be back. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RefreshingDrdbaDined on 6/30/2014We were recommended to the Deep Blu and it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentSabrinaHDined on 6/25/2014Great experience. Hostess was very pleasant.the wait staff were quick and accommodating. food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food all triplhart428Dined on 6/25/2014The food was excellent and the service was great. My only complaint was the restaurant name wasn't on the hotel so it took a minute to find and the excessive fee for hotel parking seemed unnecessary. All in all, completely worth the trip there for the amazing food. We will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good was goodDejablueyesVIPDined on 6/19/2014It's a shame the waitstaff was so poorly trained. We waited up to 20 minutes between coarses and were always waiting on drink refills. The staff clearing the table dumped oyster shells into my soup bowl before clearing it, right in front of me. At this level of a restaurant I expect more!
- New Chef at deep bluJoeandLizeatoutDined on 6/11/2014Oh boy, the bad news: Chef Cory is gone. The good news: Chef Geoffrey is fantastic. The subtle change he has made to the menu have taken this place to a new level. Well done, Chef! As always Shannon is our super server.Special Features:
- Seafood lovers, try this place!NashguyVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have eaten seafood in the islands and in many coastal eateries, but Deep Blu is among the very best fine dining seafood restaurants we have ever enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!KnASVIPDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I were spending the weekend in Orlando for our anniversary, and we had drinks and dinner here with 2 friends. Our meal and service was nothing short of amazing. The food was excellent, and the service was like nothing else we've ever had. The staff really made sure we enjoyed our special day! We WILL be back for sure!Special Features: