deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
14651 Chelonia Parkway
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://deepbluorlando.com/
- Phone: 4073902420x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30-10pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Geoffrey Gable
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
deep blu seafood grille features ultra fresh seafood, hand crafted sushi and more with a focus on local and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)fit for foodies (36)romantic (33)notable wine list (15)scenic view (13)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A Great Place To Stop By At DisneyQMHFLDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I visited for our anniversary. We decided to try the magical dining menu. The Red Snapper dish was delicious. It was cooked nicely and seasoned well. My wife's Blu Crab Risotto was below par for this type of restaurant. It didn't taste bad, but there was not much taste and it only had a pure/heavy creme flavor. The asparagus puree was good, but did not look appetizing sitting on the Risotto plate. Their raw bar was awesome. Our server was good and delivered our food very timely. We may try to come back again for their other menu items, but there are plenty of other restaurants in the area to try first. Overall, a great night out in a great hotel area, surrounded by a lake with walking paths to top off the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down by cool foodfoodloversDined on 8/29/2014We ate here in March and twice in the last 2 weeks ,the food is very good,however its never hot.We returned food in March and we returned food on both visits this month.We returned mash not once but twice and it came each time as cool as the last lot. Add that to cool air conditioning and cold plates and you are soon eating very cold food.Its such a shame as the chef is good on flavour and the crab cakes are great.We advised the waiter on our recent visit that we had to return scallops and mash last time in the hope they would ensure heat,but to no avail.Please re think this ,you give the bull and bear across the road at the Waldorf a run for their money but heat your plates and stick a thermometer in your food before serving.Special Features:
- Not impressedDandMDined on 8/29/2014Wow...what a disappointment! Both food & service! We enjoy trying new restaurants during Magical Dining Month, & this was the first bad experience. I requested iced tea & the waiter came back & said the "machine was broken". Really? The best item on the menu is the crab cake appetizer, which is wonderful and full of crab meat. The kale salad tasted good, but was no more than 3 bites. The red snapper was edible, but poorly seasoned & a bit rubbery. I was so looking forward to the risotto, which promised lump blue crab, but couldn't find any trace of crab meat at all. The risotto had a nice flavor, but absolutely no crab! I spoke to the waiter, who basically smiled & walked away. The torte dessert was ok. We will certainly not return.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Hotel is beautiful , resturant ambience was nice. The meal was plated nace and our food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, under the radarMikeDined on 8/29/2014This gem is a well kept secret in the Disney area near the Waldorf close to the Boardwalk & downtown. We went there as a participating Orlando Magical Dining Program. What a pleasant surprise. Open kitchen with excellent sushi bar. The crab cake app was all meat, no filler, rounded to the size of small orange. Calamari fries best we've eaten and we eat out a lot. The fresh snapper was as good a fish dish as we've had, lightly seared skin on. If not super fresh this fish can have a slight fishy smell if not fresh, but not this dish. The cedar planked salmon looked and smelled wonderful at next table. This place is not cheap, but well worth it. The dining Plan is $33 for 3 course meal that would have cost $70 off the menu same portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food was close to perfection. The crab cake was made so fresh and the lump, texture and taste was simply delicious. The butternut squash bisque was a delight with every drop - thick and creamy texture and every bite is tantalizing to the taste buds. The entree of red snapper was wonderfully prepared and the risotto with lump crab meat again was a delight. The dessert of both the creme bullee and the chocolate torte is to die for. Our compliments to the chef and the service people are attentive, polite and very friendly. It is tad expensive for the regular menu but perfect for the Magical Dining Days. We hope the rest of the restaurants we booked for the Magical Dining Days will be as great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre are bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Disappointing overall experience. Sushi was good so was crab cake. Both main course fish dishes were cold. Service slow even though place was only half full. Poor choice of wines
- Love, love, love this place!pmspostalDined on 8/16/2014Once again, I was made to feel very welcomed by the staff - love Shannon, she is a knowledgeable server and a pleasure to chat with! Chef Geoffrey Gable has made a few changes to the menu and his corn & crab chowder is a must try.. I really enjoyed it. Sat at the sushi bar this visit and had fun interacting with the culinary staff and watching them create wonderful dishes for their patrons. Loved those homemade marshmellows! :-) Thank you deep blu - you all are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointing Second VisitBritizenVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was my second visit to Deep Blu and unfortunately, it might be my last. I had an incredible first visit there about a year ago and it immediately came to my when I was in the area. To start with, the ambiance and service are still great. No complaints there. We started off with the Calamari Fries which were great. They are made from a calamari steak and are tender and tasty. In other words, the meal got off to a great start. Then came the mains; the seafood combo, Alaskan halibut and signature mac n' cheese. The combo and mac n' cheese were so salty, they were almost inedible. The halibut wasn't as salty, but it sure was dry. Went with the banana cheesecake to get the salty taste out, but sadly, it was disappointiing as well.Special Features:
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Proposed to my future wife here. Service and staff were nothing short of extraordinary. Thanks for the wonderful card and the special attention that was given to us on this special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We were greeted by the chef at our table. The food was amazing and was exactly what my coworkers and I were looking for. The crab cakes, lamb, and Tuna are to die for. The service staff were very nice and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The right choiceNewfoodieDined on 7/26/2014Beautiful restaurant , beautiful food. Chef's table was so well worth it! Chef Geoffrey was amazing. He was generous in sharing tips, very personable, creative, and the food was fantastic. If I lived closer I would go there again and again. All seafood cooked perfectly, interesting touches like black garlic and ghost pepper, esp. delicious in the sushi. If there were anything to improve on, it would be to beef up the wine list, esp. In the by the glass wines. Loved this restaurant, loved the chef's table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love deep bluOneinaMinionDined on 7/20/2014Fantastic restaurant but a little tricky to find. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Orlando spotTastyseekerVIPDined on 7/15/2014I had chosen this restaurant for dinner based on other reviews. The crab cake does live up to the hype. It was one of the best I've ever eaten. The sushi was also wonderful. My colleague is a sushi novice and she really enjoyed the meal. Our server, David, was excellent! I will definitely return and recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to it's reputation!brileyDined on 7/9/2014What a great restaurant! Amazing food, great service, award winning Chef, nice location and did I say Great Service? I researched this restaurant online and what a great choice it was! Very nice, my family thanked me for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2014Excellent food as usual, would definitely return. Tried the meat dishes for a change, just as good as the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/30/2014We dined two nights in a row. First night had the chef's selection then went back for a private chef's table dinner. Great flavor combinations, outside the traditional restaurant box with impeccable food, flavor, presentation and service. We will be back. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RefreshingDrdbaDined on 6/30/2014We were recommended to the Deep Blu and it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentSabrinaHDined on 6/25/2014Great experience. Hostess was very pleasant.the wait staff were quick and accommodating. food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food all triplhart428Dined on 6/25/2014The food was excellent and the service was great. My only complaint was the restaurant name wasn't on the hotel so it took a minute to find and the excessive fee for hotel parking seemed unnecessary. All in all, completely worth the trip there for the amazing food. We will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014It's a shame the waitstaff was so poorly trained. We waited up to 20 minutes between coarses and were always waiting on drink refills. The staff clearing the table dumped oyster shells into my soup bowl before clearing it, right in front of me. At this level of a restaurant I expect more!
- New Chef at deep bluJoeandLizeatoutDined on 6/11/2014Oh boy, the bad news: Chef Cory is gone. The good news: Chef Geoffrey is fantastic. The subtle change he has made to the menu have taken this place to a new level. Well done, Chef! As always Shannon is our super server.Special Features:
- Seafood lovers, try this place!NashguyVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have eaten seafood in the islands and in many coastal eateries, but Deep Blu is among the very best fine dining seafood restaurants we have ever enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!KnASDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I were spending the weekend in Orlando for our anniversary, and we had drinks and dinner here with 2 friends. Our meal and service was nothing short of amazing. The food was excellent, and the service was like nothing else we've ever had. The staff really made sure we enjoyed our special day! We WILL be back for sure!Special Features:
- Great!!Foodie27Dined on 6/1/2014Everything was great!! Food was delicious, service was on point and wine list was great!!Special Features:
- Truly amazing...OrlandoGatorDined on 5/29/2014My wife and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary here. We chose this venue based upon the strength of dining reviews frm Orlando Magazne. We were not disappointed. Cannot wait to dine here, again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Skip the steak but the seafood is awesome! Great Shrimp cocktail, calamari and salmon...oh and the Crab Mac & Chz was really good, as was the Lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobRichDined on 5/20/2014classy place with pricing to match. However, overall good quality. The only down note was a frozen key lime pie. Really? They must have pulled it out of the freezer as it was frozen thru. For this quality of a restaurant, it was almost shocking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2014Food, service and atmosphere are excellent. I think the menu could be a bit more inventive for the prices asked. Overall a very nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experience1stimerVIPDined on 5/19/2014A very nice setting with great food and very good service. The signature crab cake was just that, except no cake--one of the best ever. The grouper special with grits was also excellent, as we're its accompaniments. The salmon was also quite good, as was the Mac and cheese with crab appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resort PriceHideDined on 5/18/2014I think that the sea food appetizers were so good (commom level). However, main fish dishes were hardly to say good and not paticular. Each drunk 2 bottles of beer. It costed 500 dollers including tips for 5 peoples. We asked taxi when we return hotel, we did wait around 1hour, and that was too bad.Special Features:
- OutstandingBillRDined on 5/18/2014The food was some of the best I've ever eaten and our waiter, David, was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in the main dinning roomOviedogirlDined on 5/18/2014We are locals and this was our second opportunity to dine here. The staff treated us like "Royals". Three of us had the appetizer serving of mussels for our entree. With the most wonderful Kale salad and dessert, we were happy campers. Our three guys enjoyed entrees , fish ,short rib and chioppino, all delicious. This seems to be a happy resort as the Valet staff were even kind, helpful and joking with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreblsknyDined on 5/17/2014Though the food was good and I really had no complaints, I did expect to be blown away by deep blu and I wasn't. The service was impeccable, loved the ambiance. I had a salad which was good, fresh and the monkfish which was their specialty of the night and the sauce was nothing better than I do in my own kitchen and for $38 I did expect to find it outstanding and beg for the recipe. My whole table felt the same way and for the dinner's bill none of us were impressed enough to return. The crab cake which we were told was the speciality does not hold a candle to the crab cake at Flying Fish on Disney's Boardwalk.Special Features:
- great special occasion placeluckDined on 5/17/2014We have gone twice to Deep Blue Seafood and both occasions have been enjoyable. All parties ordered different dishes from sushi to steak and all enjoyed. The bar out front is a great meeting spot for the start and end of the meal. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced, too saltyRaymondDined on 5/16/2014The dee blu seafood grille is a vibrant, energetic restaurant better suited to younger folk. The wait staff are very young and inexperienced. The female wait staff wear short skirts (too short in my opinion), which may appeal to some younger crowds but I found it inappropriate for the upscale restaurant that I was expecting. The Seafood Cioppino that I ordered was far too salty - almost inedible. My wife had the cedar plank salmon. It was good, but nothing you could not prepare yourself at home. Prices are very high for what you get. The restaurant was very loud when full. In summary, if you want a nice romantic meal, skip this place. If you want a lively, bar-like scene, then this is your place.Special Features:
- Muy buenoRichoDined on 5/15/2014El lugar muy bonito, buen ambiente tranquilo, calidad de los alimentos excelente, buen precio, 200 USD una pareja con botella de vino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodHhkkhkDined on 5/12/2014Food was great. Pricey for the portions but good. We even had our toddler with us and it wasn't crowded so she was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014I took my sister for mother's day celebration and we had a blast! The service was excellent, David our waiter, did a fine job with a great attitude and personality. The food was delicious. I had the scallops and they were cooked perfectly. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- away fom the Magic crowdsHSVlocalDined on 5/10/2014Beautiful environment & delicious food. Great variety of fish with different sauces and different ways. Love the ginger-mustard sauce! Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.