deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
14651 Chelonia Parkway
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://deepbluorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 390-2420
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30-10pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Geoffrey Gable
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
deep blu seafood grille features ultra fresh seafood, hand crafted sushi and more with a focus on local and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)fit for foodies (57)romantic (52)good for groups (28)scenic view (23)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (8)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- DeliciousSharonaVIPDined on 11/17/2014While staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek we decided to give this restaurant a try. It's more expensive than most in the Disney area. Be prepared to pay - unless you just want a sushi roll. That said - it's expensive, but the food is delicious and the room is beautiful. I opted to avoid buying an entrée and just had an appetizer - the crab cake. At $24 for one crab cake, the price is extreme - but so was the crab - there was virtually no filler. To round out my 'meal', I also ordered one of their side vegetables to make this an 'entree'. I recommend this restaurant - it's really very good - but just be aware, it's a little on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bonnet Creek VisitEddieDined on 11/14/2014Great ambience, food , and service made our visit to Bonnet Creek even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best alone timeSunshineDined on 11/12/2014Went out for dinner without family after eight days, so nice. Our steak was over cooked and seemed to take long our waitress came with free bowls of soup on house as we waited for our steak to be re cookedc. Wow soup was best ever and manager came over to check our steak was perfect temp. We were really impressed . Our server was Shannon and she was the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good experinceglobieDined on 11/9/2014Outstanding service. Beautiful ambience. some items are definitely over priced ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once is enoughGreatDined on 11/8/2014Not what I was expecting. California roll was reasonably priced at $10 but grouper at $38 was rather paltry for the price.Special Features:
- Not as good as I had hopedModishDinersVIPDined on 11/7/2014We had dinner with friends while staying in Orlando. Our server acted as if she was exhausted, we did dine at 8:30 p.m. (Note-reserve early this is a hotel restaurant people don't have many dining choices). I ordered the Cioppino, it was very salty. The restaurant is very pretty, a big dining room and higher priced than it should be.Special Features:
- YummyDined on 11/4/2014Delicious fresh fare. Wonderful service. Very accomadating regarding dietary requests. Great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodEatingoutDined on 11/1/2014The food was outstanding, the price expensive but worth it. The crab cakes are not crab cakes as you have had them at other restaurants, they are pure crab meat. Have been to many area restaurants and this ranks in my top 2.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodDollores84Dined on 10/31/2014I highly recommend Deep Blu. The food is amazing, the service is very attentive and the decor is lovely. It was also my husband's birthday when we went there and the restaurant gave us a nice table by the window and gave him a copy of the menu signed by all members of staff which was a very nice gesture. Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- commentsbobbygDined on 10/28/2014Beautiful restaurant, great food but over priced. We ate there this time but, regretably don't see us going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disguyritehereDined on 10/25/2014Place was great, made my girlfriends birthday special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok. Bland. Not notableLoraDined on 10/22/2014The restaurant tries hard, but does not deliver. Food is bland and average. Experience falls short.Special Features:
- Excellent seafoodPorsche62Dined on 10/22/2014Our dinner hear was wonderful. The service, food, and ambiance were all to die for. Be sure to try the Ahi Tuna app but be ready for a large portion, enough to be split with another if desired. Both the salmon and halibut entrees prepard differently were great. The chapino with 1/2. Lobster was exceptional. Even the item our granddaughter selected met her approval.Special Features:
- Pricey...but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I dined at Deep Blu over the weekend and had a nice experience, but it's pricey. We enjoyed a great scallop and pork belly appetizer but it was $20. Entrees were in the $35-$45 dollar range and were a la carte with sharable sides running upwards of $14. The crab mac and cheese was sinfully delicious. Good food but expensive as they have a captive audience of foreign tourists visiting Disney.
- pmspostalDined on 10/18/2014Just a last minute quick stop this time, but everything was superb, as always! Chef Geoffrey... I LOVE the corn & crab chowder! Had to have some sushi and a crab cake before I left town... thanks Rachel for your top notch service!Special Features:
- Tourist Surprise!MimiDined on 10/9/2014I was meeting an out of town business associate down by the parks and was concerned about picking a restaurant in the tourist area, as generally, the food is mediocre at best. Deep blu was a very unexpected and pleasant surprise! If you like seafood, this is the place! They offer some local catches as well as a different twist to the standards like salmon. Wonderful! Service was attentive without being intrusive. Elegantly appointed, with casual flair. It has an open kitchen so you can watch the chefs. And it was not noisy like some open kitchen restaurants can be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemSteveDined on 10/7/2014Very happy with the personal service, non-hurried attention and the great discreet atmosphere. Very attentive wait-staff and VERY flexible on the menue. Great experience, I will be coming again for another business dinner.Special Features:
- All around greatGraniaDined on 10/2/2014From the moment we entered, the service was excellent. We were celebrating a birthday and our server's birthday was a day before mine. The food was excellent. The crab cakes were all crab. Wonderful! My fillet was cooked just as ordered and melted in my mouth. The s'more cake was unique and the Creme Brule was the best. Thank you to everyone there. We will recommend this restaurant and be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More style than substanceJasonDined on 10/1/2014Beautiful restaurant, comfortable seating, and mood lighting w/o being too dark to see menu. Service was a bit slow, but friendly and attentive. Dishes nicely presented and properly prepared; however, lacked flavor and ingredients didn't really compliment or enhance the food. Edamame appetizer was confusing; pile of pods in a butter, bonita and shallot soup that didn't supplement the beans better than simply salting them would have. Ordered red snapper special, which was relatively bland. Fish was tasty, but again, seasoning and sauce didn't enhance at all. Most notable aspect of my meal was the Republic Darjeeling iced tea. Overall, food was good but not great, and with $60 tab for just myself w/ no drinks or dessert, I expected better.
- Orlando's best kept secretLuvheatVIPDined on 10/1/2014Amazingly fresh seafood, creative dishes executed with precision, best sushi to be found in the area. The ciopinno is not to be missed. The crab cakes are all lump meat, no filler, moist and delicious. The kale and strawberry salad divine. Wait staff very attentive and knowledgeable. Beautifully appointed dining room. Always impressed.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceeat10Dined on 9/30/2014My husband and I went to deep blu for our wedding anniversary while vacationing in Orlando. The atmosphere was great! Just the right combination of romantic, spacious and formal. There was one service issue; the waiter came to our table multiple times without bread until my husband jokingly asked, "What do we have to do to get one of those nice looking loaves of bread?". It arrived a couple minutes later and the garlic butter served with it was amazing, actual finely chopped fresh garlic in the softened butter! Our meals were great! My husband isn't a creme brule fan but he enjoyed this one. It was made with sweetened condensed milk, so it was unique in taste and texture. I would definitely return to deep blu if I'm ever in Orlando again!Special Features:
- Lovely atmosphereClaudiaDined on 9/27/2014Atmosphere is lovely, from the lobby into the restaurant. Service was better than fair as each course was served in a timely manner. Crab cake and crem brûlée was delicious. I ordered the risotto, which seemed quite bland.Special Features:
- SusanDined on 9/27/2014we had the magical dining menu and it was excellent. the service was great. My only complaint was that the food was served a bit quickly. I would have liked a few more minutes to rest between courses. The crabcakes really are the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- womenofthehouseOurquiettimeDined on 9/27/2014Food was good for the price. The services was top notch! Excellent! Only disappointing thing was the crab risotto. It was very sticky and gummy. Definitely over cooked! But again the service was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not likely to return soonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Very good overall just not enough to impress at this price point. Snapper delicious but over cooked which should be a no brainier at this place. Wine list not very unique. We did the dining month pre fixe so maybe not the best this place has to offer. A great value during this deal for sure but for the regular prices I can think of other places that would be more worth it.Special Features:
- Orlando Restaurant Month SelectionhungrymanDined on 9/26/2014Food on the special menu was delicious and generous, very glad we chose deep blu, highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and great service!momof2greatcatsVIPDined on 9/25/2014This is our second visit to deep blu. Loved everything we had, from the crab cake (we can see why it has won multiple awards!), the corn/crab soup, and the kale salad, to our entrees of red snapper and crab gnocchi. And the desserts, oh my yumminess! The key lime semifreddo and the citrus creme brûlée (the latter was a special) were so tasty. Especially the citrus creme brûlée. That should have a place on the regular menu. Swoon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencecatladyDined on 9/23/2014We took advantage of Magical Dining and discovered this true gem! The crab cake was terrific and the butternut soup delicious. Our red snapper was the best we ever had and the creme brulee was heavenly. Our waitress Kathy was knowledgeable, attentive and so very personable that she made it a truly memorable experience.Special Features:
- ArabellasVIPDined on 9/21/2014Pricey but more than with it. Great food, excellent service. We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageHungryJackDined on 9/20/2014Located in a nice hotel, and valet service is free with dinner. Service was slow, but friendly. My snapper was ok, but for the price it should have been outstanding. My crème brulee was served cold, which was odd since it's usually served at room temperature or warm. Dinner partners each had the crab cake, which they said was very good. One of my party ordered the risotto, which was not good and she had to send it back for the snapper. We have had better experiences with this restaurant before, so hopefully they can get back on track and do better than "average". I can eat "average" for half the price elsewhere.Special Features:
- Flavors from The deepColewaDined on 9/19/2014Last night’s adventure to the deep blue was an experience in mixing great Seafood flavors in a Mediterranean ambiance. The restaurant itself is decorated beautifully with dark woods, trendy chandeliers and Arabian style curtains. The open kitchen is one of the best examples of how a kitchen should be run in a fine dining establishment. Florida has the best seafood in the world (our opinion) and the Seared Florida Red Snapper at Deep Blue was the best preparation of a snapper steak we have experienced. The glaze on the sear brought a honey flavor to the white flakey fish. Accompanied by whipped potatoes this entrée delivers the best flavor of Florida seafood.Special Features:
- Nice dinner!SushipeopleDined on 9/19/2014The food was very taste! We had sushi for our appetizer and it was excellent. My husband had the halibut special with mushroom risotto, and I had braised short ribs. Both were excellent. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have tablecloths on the tables.Special Features:
- ExcellentUnhappyVIPDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed dinning at the beautiful hotel restaurant Deep blu. We will return. Fish was excellent, a true crab cake (one of the best) and wait staff very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and FriendlyDiningProfessionalDined on 9/19/2014As you enter the restaurant everyone is friendly and it shows class. It was my wife birthday and they went out of there way to make sure she felt special. There was a lot of wonderful food and we took home a lot of leftovers. Not only were they friendly but they were also very professional. My wife had the red snapper and she loved it and I had the crab risotto and I highly recommend it. Wonderful. The deserts were wonderful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/18/2014We went for my husband's birthday. The staff greeted him with happy birthday. They printed a menu with his name on is, then signed and laminated it to take home. We had a great experience The crab cake is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Servicekmgray20Dined on 9/16/2014The food was excellent. Their crab cake is all crab no fillers. Their macaroni and cheese with blue crab is outstanding. I also enjoyed the snapper and their chocolate torte was so light and flavorful and I usually don't like a lot of chocolate. The citrus creme brulee was also very tasty and provided a good Florida flavor.Special Features:
- HillaryVIPDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful dining room outshone only by food. Waitstaff was a little too quick on the draw for my tastes.Special Features:
- Outstanding!vickter55Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had dinner at this restaurant during our stay and ordered the magical dining experience. Our 3 course meal was delicious and consisted of Kale salad, Red Snapper and Creme Brulee'. Would highly recommend this restaurant and the wait staff were incredibly accomodating.Special Features:
- Second Class CitizensOrlando1234Dined on 9/13/2014Why oh why do Magical Dining if your servers do not want to serve a table on Magical Dining? I've eaten many times at Deep Blu and on every occasion had great food and great service UNTIL I made the mistake of going on Magical Dining. As soon as the server realized we were on MAgical Dining he just did not want to know us. Portions of food were very small, service terrible and the server then tried to run up my check. It's a shame as I used to love this restaurant but will never go back again.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent Service, Friendly staff and helpful from the vallet Parking to the Servers , Excellent food, Highly recommended for sure going back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.