deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
14651 Chelonia Parkway
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://deepbluorlando.com/
- Phone: 4073902420x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30-10pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Geoffrey Gable
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
deep blu seafood grille features ultra fresh seafood, hand crafted sushi and more with a focus on local and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
deep blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)fit for foodies (53)romantic (47)good for groups (23)scenic view (23)notable wine list (20)kid-friendly (8)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Lovely atmosphereClaudiaDined on 9/27/2014Atmosphere is lovely, from the lobby into the restaurant. Service was better than fair as each course was served in a timely manner. Crab cake and crem brûlée was delicious. I ordered the risotto, which seemed quite bland.Special Features:
- SusanDined on 9/27/2014we had the magical dining menu and it was excellent. the service was great. My only complaint was that the food was served a bit quickly. I would have liked a few more minutes to rest between courses. The crabcakes really are the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- womenofthehouseOurquiettimeDined on 9/27/2014Food was good for the price. The services was top notch! Excellent! Only disappointing thing was the crab risotto. It was very sticky and gummy. Definitely over cooked! But again the service was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not likely to return soonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Very good overall just not enough to impress at this price point. Snapper delicious but over cooked which should be a no brainier at this place. Wine list not very unique. We did the dining month pre fixe so maybe not the best this place has to offer. A great value during this deal for sure but for the regular prices I can think of other places that would be more worth it.Special Features:
- Orlando Restaurant Month SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Food on the special menu was delicious and generous, very glad we chose deep blu, highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and great service!momof2greatcatsVIPDined on 9/25/2014This is our second visit to deep blu. Loved everything we had, from the crab cake (we can see why it has won multiple awards!), the corn/crab soup, and the kale salad, to our entrees of red snapper and crab gnocchi. And the desserts, oh my yumminess! The key lime semifreddo and the citrus creme brûlée (the latter was a special) were so tasty. Especially the citrus creme brûlée. That should have a place on the regular menu. Swoon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencecatladyDined on 9/23/2014We took advantage of Magical Dining and discovered this true gem! The crab cake was terrific and the butternut soup delicious. Our red snapper was the best we ever had and the creme brulee was heavenly. Our waitress Kathy was knowledgeable, attentive and so very personable that she made it a truly memorable experience.Special Features:
- ArabellasVIPDined on 9/21/2014Pricey but more than with it. Great food, excellent service. We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageHungryJackDined on 9/20/2014Located in a nice hotel, and valet service is free with dinner. Service was slow, but friendly. My snapper was ok, but for the price it should have been outstanding. My crème brulee was served cold, which was odd since it's usually served at room temperature or warm. Dinner partners each had the crab cake, which they said was very good. One of my party ordered the risotto, which was not good and she had to send it back for the snapper. We have had better experiences with this restaurant before, so hopefully they can get back on track and do better than "average". I can eat "average" for half the price elsewhere.Special Features:
- Flavors from The deepColewaDined on 9/19/2014Last night’s adventure to the deep blue was an experience in mixing great Seafood flavors in a Mediterranean ambiance. The restaurant itself is decorated beautifully with dark woods, trendy chandeliers and Arabian style curtains. The open kitchen is one of the best examples of how a kitchen should be run in a fine dining establishment. Florida has the best seafood in the world (our opinion) and the Seared Florida Red Snapper at Deep Blue was the best preparation of a snapper steak we have experienced. The glaze on the sear brought a honey flavor to the white flakey fish. Accompanied by whipped potatoes this entrée delivers the best flavor of Florida seafood.Special Features:
- Nice dinner!SushipeopleDined on 9/19/2014The food was very taste! We had sushi for our appetizer and it was excellent. My husband had the halibut special with mushroom risotto, and I had braised short ribs. Both were excellent. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have tablecloths on the tables.Special Features:
- ExcellentUnhappyVIPDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed dinning at the beautiful hotel restaurant Deep blu. We will return. Fish was excellent, a true crab cake (one of the best) and wait staff very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and FriendlyDiningProfessionalDined on 9/19/2014As you enter the restaurant everyone is friendly and it shows class. It was my wife birthday and they went out of there way to make sure she felt special. There was a lot of wonderful food and we took home a lot of leftovers. Not only were they friendly but they were also very professional. My wife had the red snapper and she loved it and I had the crab risotto and I highly recommend it. Wonderful. The deserts were wonderful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/18/2014We went for my husband's birthday. The staff greeted him with happy birthday. They printed a menu with his name on is, then signed and laminated it to take home. We had a great experience The crab cake is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Servicekmgray20Dined on 9/16/2014The food was excellent. Their crab cake is all crab no fillers. Their macaroni and cheese with blue crab is outstanding. I also enjoyed the snapper and their chocolate torte was so light and flavorful and I usually don't like a lot of chocolate. The citrus creme brulee was also very tasty and provided a good Florida flavor.Special Features:
- HillaryVIPDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful dining room outshone only by food. Waitstaff was a little too quick on the draw for my tastes.Special Features:
- Outstanding!vickter55Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had dinner at this restaurant during our stay and ordered the magical dining experience. Our 3 course meal was delicious and consisted of Kale salad, Red Snapper and Creme Brulee'. Would highly recommend this restaurant and the wait staff were incredibly accomodating.Special Features:
- Second Class CitizensOrlando1234Dined on 9/13/2014Why oh why do Magical Dining if your servers do not want to serve a table on Magical Dining? I've eaten many times at Deep Blu and on every occasion had great food and great service UNTIL I made the mistake of going on Magical Dining. As soon as the server realized we were on MAgical Dining he just did not want to know us. Portions of food were very small, service terrible and the server then tried to run up my check. It's a shame as I used to love this restaurant but will never go back again.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent Service, Friendly staff and helpful from the vallet Parking to the Servers , Excellent food, Highly recommended for sure going back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggie WattierServiceDined on 9/12/2014. Our first experience with the service wasnt good.. First my salad with my husband's entree. He tried to wait for my entree to eat, which was over 30 minutes later, so he ate his meal cold.The server stated that dessert was on him for the delay and mixup but instead brought me another cocktail (which I didnt want) and put it on our bill. No complimentary dessert. The lemons my husband asked for with his water at the beginning showed up with the dessert I ordered.Special Features:
- Magical Seafood MealMcFly5585VIPDined on 9/12/2014We finally made it to deep blu with a little nudge from Orlando's Magical Dining Month. After reading reviews prior to dining, we were not sure of the service, however we were pleased. The menu sounded too good to pass up and it delivered as to our expectations- the butternut squash bisque was very nice, despite the server's insisting that my mom order the crab cake , which was all crab, (he later surprised her with the bisque anyway; an unexpected and appreciated treat), the blue crab risotto was also quite tasty and the red snapper was cooked very well. The citrus creme brulee was a nice, refreshing and seemingly light way to end the meal. I would go back to sample some of the sushi menu- Magical Dining Month or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!FriedRiceDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated my girlfriend's birthday at deep blu and it was an amazing evening. I noted the special occasion when I made the reservation through the Magical Dining website, and when we arrived, her name was printed at the top of the menus. After we ordered, the chef signed the menus as a momento. The food...fantastic. She started with the crab cake and had the Crab Risotto for the main course. The Risotto was almost life altering and we recommend it. I had the Butternut Squash Bisque and the Snapper (cooked to perfection). Our deserts were also amazing. The staff was friendly and attentive, the wine was great, the night was awesome. I am now known as a birthday pro, and have no idea how i'll match this experience next year.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/11/2014We went for magical dining and were very impressed with the quality of the food and the service staff provided. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10th wedding anniversaryLove2eatDined on 9/10/2014We went to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and were treated like royalty. We loved the customized menu and how we later received everyones (the staff) best wishes and signatures on the menu. Our server, Manny, was very professional and knowledgeable. He made sure that we were always well. The place is beautiful and the atmosphere is just incredible. We definetely will be going there many, many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must tryTopFoodFoodieDined on 9/10/2014Had this restaurant on my to do list for a while since is one of the top restaurant by Orlando Magazine. the Magical dining menu have various choices to pick, the crab cake is to die for and we ordered the calamari aditional wich was very very good.seared snapper was excellent and i was very surprised with the rissotto which was done to perfection, we added crab mac n cheese and creme brule for dessert, The service was outstanding between Rachel and her partner wich I forgot his name but they went above n beyond specially with the kids with ice cream n strawberries.Overrall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/10/2014It is well worth going out of your way to visit Deep Blu. The menu is amazing and the presentation could be right off a cooking show. It is a quiet elegant restaurant only used mostly by hotel guests so make a point to get there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magical dining experienceadagrlDined on 9/7/2014Came here in a group of 10 for Magical Dining. At first service was on point, refilled drinks and brought out bread. The starters even came out quick as well. After that it just went downhill, the wait for our main course took maybe about 45 min. The server tells us that whomever ordered the red snapper if it can be upgraded to the Grouper because they had no more Red Snapper. After the quick okay from the group, we waited another 20 min for the main to come out. Our reservations were at 745pm, we didn't get our main course until 9:45pm. The desserts offered was okay. After waiting for our waiter to come by to get our checks, we didn't leave until 10:45pm on a Sunday evening at a restaurant that wasn't even at half capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Part of all our Disney trips!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We live in FL & with 4 elementary school child we enjoy our Disney annual passes very much, but even the best & most expensive restaurants in Disney are below our expectations. Thanks to open table we found this place and it is tops with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with my GrannyTammy81Dined on 9/6/2014This restaurant was wonderful! Great service, even with magical dining pricing! The crabcake, salad, snapper and crime brûlée were superb!Special Features:
- ok experienceJennDined on 9/5/2014I dined with a group of 6 women, we were in town for a conference. The service started out great, but as the restaurant go slightly busy (1/2 tables filled) our waiter stopped by less and less. One order was mixed up (appetizer arrived on time, but entree arrived at 10 minutes after everyone else's) and the waiter promised my friend a free dessert to make up for his mistake, but then forgot. Near the end of the meal he disappeared entirely. The crab cakes were very bland - very "crabby" but little seasoning. Meh The sushi was excellent, though.
- Nice but slowflengoDined on 9/4/2014Food was good but was surprised that it took over an hour to get our main entrée when restaurant was not crowded. Staff very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb servicedhsgDined on 9/4/2014Our table of 6 enjoyed three course meals. Everyone ordered different foods so we had the pleasure of sampling a variety of dishes. We all thoroughly enjoyed every appetizer, entree, and dessert. Our best dining experience in a while. Made our vacation that much more enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical DiningEatOutForTwoDined on 9/2/2014Our party visited for the Magical Dining experience. Well done, attentive staff, excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeekendVIPDined on 9/1/2014We dined at Deep Blu this same week in 2013. We had the same waitress as last year and she remembered us. Food delicious and service outstanding. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place To Stop By At DisneyQMHFLDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I visited for our anniversary. We decided to try the magical dining menu. The Red Snapper dish was delicious. It was cooked nicely and seasoned well. My wife's Blu Crab Risotto was below par for this type of restaurant. It didn't taste bad, but there was not much taste and it only had a pure/heavy creme flavor. The asparagus puree was good, but did not look appetizing sitting on the Risotto plate. Their raw bar was awesome. Our server was good and delivered our food very timely. We may try to come back again for their other menu items, but there are plenty of other restaurants in the area to try first. Overall, a great night out in a great hotel area, surrounded by a lake with walking paths to top off the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down by cool foodfoodloversDined on 8/29/2014We ate here in March and twice in the last 2 weeks ,the food is very good,however its never hot.We returned food in March and we returned food on both visits this month.We returned mash not once but twice and it came each time as cool as the last lot. Add that to cool air conditioning and cold plates and you are soon eating very cold food.Its such a shame as the chef is good on flavour and the crab cakes are great.We advised the waiter on our recent visit that we had to return scallops and mash last time in the hope they would ensure heat,but to no avail.Please re think this ,you give the bull and bear across the road at the Waldorf a run for their money but heat your plates and stick a thermometer in your food before serving.Special Features:
- Not impressedDandMDined on 8/29/2014Wow...what a disappointment! Both food & service! We enjoy trying new restaurants during Magical Dining Month, & this was the first bad experience. I requested iced tea & the waiter came back & said the "machine was broken". Really? The best item on the menu is the crab cake appetizer, which is wonderful and full of crab meat. The kale salad tasted good, but was no more than 3 bites. The red snapper was edible, but poorly seasoned & a bit rubbery. I was so looking forward to the risotto, which promised lump blue crab, but couldn't find any trace of crab meat at all. The risotto had a nice flavor, but absolutely no crab! I spoke to the waiter, who basically smiled & walked away. The torte dessert was ok. We will certainly not return.
- Great dinner82muchDined on 8/29/2014Hotel is beautiful , resturant ambience was nice. The meal was plated nace and our food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, under the radarMikeDined on 8/29/2014This gem is a well kept secret in the Disney area near the Waldorf close to the Boardwalk & downtown. We went there as a participating Orlando Magical Dining Program. What a pleasant surprise. Open kitchen with excellent sushi bar. The crab cake app was all meat, no filler, rounded to the size of small orange. Calamari fries best we've eaten and we eat out a lot. The fresh snapper was as good a fish dish as we've had, lightly seared skin on. If not super fresh this fish can have a slight fishy smell if not fresh, but not this dish. The cedar planked salmon looked and smelled wonderful at next table. This place is not cheap, but well worth it. The dining Plan is $33 for 3 course meal that would have cost $70 off the menu same portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food was close to perfection. The crab cake was made so fresh and the lump, texture and taste was simply delicious. The butternut squash bisque was a delight with every drop - thick and creamy texture and every bite is tantalizing to the taste buds. The entree of red snapper was wonderfully prepared and the risotto with lump crab meat again was a delight. The dessert of both the creme bullee and the chocolate torte is to die for. Our compliments to the chef and the service people are attentive, polite and very friendly. It is tad expensive for the regular menu but perfect for the Magical Dining Days. We hope the rest of the restaurants we booked for the Magical Dining Days will be as great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.