Jojo Eating House & Bar
2626 Howell St.
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Jojo Eating House & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2147544949
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Mon-Fri 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner Mon-Thu 5:00pm -10:00pm
Fri and Sat 5:30-11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Steak, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Juliard Ishizuka
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: ...
- Private Party Contact: Philippe Perinot 2147544949
A word from Jojo Eating House & Bar
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jojo Eating House & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Indulge me!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2013Great food, great wine, loved the scallop ceviche and fig strudel!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoJos won't see the end of 2013MattVIPDined on 5/19/2013JoJos was the only place I could quickly get a reservation for 7 at brunch today which should have been my first warning. This location seems to be cursed as bars and restaurants rotate through here faster than rolls of toilet paper. Anyone who has a review at 4 to 5 starts should be publically beaten and banned from Yelp. The food is absolutely awful. We had omelets, crepes, scrambled eggs, and a tuna salad. The tuna on the salad had probably been frozen and thawed several times. The omelets had runny eggs and the ham was something from a oscar meyer deli package. For 10-15 a plate JoJos is a waste of money and I doubt they will make it till the end of 2013.
- Gracious service, super chef/owner,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/18/2013Gracious service, super chef/owner, fine French bistro fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/12/2013We enjoyed the atmosphere. The biscuit/bread on my eggs Benedict was so tough it should have been served with a sharp knife. My daughters waffle was over cooked and crunchy. The long stem rose for Mother's Day was a nice touch although the thorns on the stem made it difficult to hold and keep my daughter from grabbing it.
- Great nightddub47Dined on 5/11/2013My sweetie and I don't get very many date nights so we have to make the most of them. Jo Jos was the perfect start to a wonderful evening. Not only did we not waste a date night, but Jo Jos helped make it one of the best date nights ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my third time atibetzDined on 5/11/2013This was my third time at JoJo's and everytime was a wonderful experience. The food and service are excellent. The spinach vichissoise was incredible! I love the decor and ambiance of the place. I really liked the open bar and seating area for the warmer weather. A must in Dallas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A chic slice of Paris in UptownFrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/7/2013Chef-Owner prepares gourmet food at incredibly reasonable prices in super chic ambience. In a neighborhood more known for the Gastro-Pub and beer scene, this is a refreshing addition to the neighborhood - in both style and substanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, very slow service.johnson3113VIPDined on 5/3/2013The staff is professional. However, they were incredibly slow. There were only four other tables in the restaurant, and a party in the back room. My husband and I have both worked in restaurants previously, and are very understanding with wait staff. At first we thought that the party was holding up the kitchen. However, we noticed that food wasn't going back to the party room while we were there and soon they got up and left. So, that wasn't a factor in having slow service. It took us over 40 minutes to get our food. We ordered soup to start, but it was never brought out. Also, my husband never was offered a refill on his drink. We will not be returning, definitely not worth the price.
- The food was just great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/27/2013The food was just great, but the poor service took away from the evening. Played the waiting game as it appeared there were only 2 waiters, which resulted in overall poor service.Special Features:
- Great food, slooooow kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013Just as most people have noted, the food here is great but the service is only so-so. Our server was relatively attentive, but it looked as though they had her spread out all over the dining room and patio. The host (manager??) sat us without menus and we had to ask for menus and water. We were not greeted quickly... The service is not on par with the food. The place was pretty dead for prime time on a Saturday night, yet our food still took a long time to come out of the kitchen. Also, either the server did not use proper seat numbers or the runners ignored them, as both out drinks and meals were set in front of the wrong people. The food, however, was very nice. The osso buco was fork-tender, the scallops were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- My fiancé and I enjoyed eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013My fiancé and I enjoyed eating at JoJo's this past weekend. We are always looking for places to eat with great food and ambiance. We both agreed the space, service, and food were top notch. The only thing we couldn't figure out was why there were not many people there on a beautiful, Friday night. We hope JoJo's does well in Dallas because it has great potential! We were very impressed with the chef's credentials. A restaurant is bound to be successful with his talent!Special Features:
- The food here is fabulous.Simone1VIPDined on 4/12/2013The food here is fabulous. It is a must see and hidden off the beaten path. Great date place too!Special Features:
- An absolute return!!!YoYoDined on 4/6/2013My husband and I select different eateries to try on Saturday evenings. It was my turn, and I chose JoJo after reviewing the Guide in The Dallas Morning News. We both agreed that I made a great selection!Special Features:
- Great find in an unexpecting cornerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/29/2013Great French cuisine with a southern flair. The menu and prep is classic French but each main dish will have its own reminder that you're in the south. We were tempted to try everything on the menu, but chose a few dishes we had in Paris, escogot and tartare. The food was great, the wine was well paired and our waitress was a delight. The tarimasu was the perfect topping for a long awaited date night.Special Features:
- great service but the foodmatthewVIPDined on 3/27/2013great service but the food is lacking something. not a lot of choices and quite pricey. I had never been to JoJo but it was a beautiful night and my friends were visiting from out of town for the evening. I love a good patio but was very dissappointing. we had one drink and an appetizer, then went across the street for dinner. sad because this place has potential
- My wife and I loved everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2013My wife and I loved everything about jojos! Great service from Phillip, great drinks from Jordan, great food from Yohan!Special Features:
- Empty for lunch. "New Menu"Hungry777VIPDined on 3/12/2013Empty for lunch. "New Menu" was nothing special. Won't be back.
- The food was generally good.FoodieDined on 3/6/2013The food was generally good. The salads were undressed. Service was very slow at the bar.
- Just OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013Visited on Sat nite. Tables too close and cramped, main dining room has warehouse feel and accoustics, meaning I heard more conversation from the adjacent tables than from my dinner partner. Wait staff has a bit of a language barrier, but nothing we couldn't handle. Drink menu OK - nothing spectacular. Ginger Mojito was fairly good - not too sweet and no "stand out" flavors. Classic Daquiri was more like a Classic Margarita. Lobster bisque was mediocre - a little thinner and and fisher than expected. Prime ribeye was also a little thin - OK bordering on disappointing - and little tough for medium rare, indicating an less-than-excellent cut of meat. Veggies properly al dente.
- The entire staff give personalizedSimone1VIPDined on 2/28/2013The entire staff give personalized attention to all customers and everyone is very attentive abs appreciative. I have visited the restaurant twice in two weeks. The food is very well prepared and extremely fresh and looks beautiful when platted! Love this place and can't wait until the summer when they restaurant can open all the convertible doors and windows.Special Features:
- The food and service was good.BarneyVIPDined on 2/16/2013The food and service was good. We like the feel of the place for our date night.
- Beef cheeks and caprese saladsharonVIPDined on 2/16/2013Beef cheeks and caprese salad were quite good. Service was also generally good. No complaints except we arrived at 5:30. Told them we had to leave by 7:10 and they seated us in a tight banquette space (not another person in the restaurant and only half full by the time we left).Special Features:
- Went for Valentine's day.GabeCaseyVIPDined on 2/14/2013Went for Valentine's day. Food was just okay but the main problem was I didn't love most of the choices on the prix fix menu. Might be better with the full menu. Fantastic drinks and very good service.
- It was great and added asMotowntex2013Dined on 2/14/2013It was great and added as a new favorite for future dining.Special Features:
- Exceptional meal!msiroisVIPDined on 2/4/2013EXCELLENT!!! I live in the neighborhood and was looking forward to eating at JoJos...it did not disappoint. I planned a corporate event for 20 people and worked with Philippe to select the menu, set up the outdoor area, and ensure a successful event. It was perfect! The staff that evening were exceptional. The food was spectacular and personally, the osso bucco, is a new favorite! With the weather warming, I am looking forward to taking advantage of the outdoor tables and bar area as well!!Special Features:
- Saturday night 8:45 reservation;RundmcDined on 1/26/2013Saturday night 8:45 reservation; nice bar scene, restaurant busy but not overwhelmed. Interesting specials with good variety. Food was very good. Service was relatively inattentive and slow; waitperson was not knowledgeable of wine list (we ordered meritage; she brought chardonnay) which exacerbated problem of a clumsy ipad wine list that limits your ability to peruse more than about 6 options at a time.Special Features:
- Staff and server seemed inexperiencOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/26/2013Staff and server seemed inexperienced. Plenty of open Tables but we were seated on the banquette Between two other couples so then all three Couples were now regrettably much too close For comfort and privacy of conversation.
- my friend and i enjoyed lunch :)MizzadieVIPDined on 1/19/2013the food was just okay ... but the service and the atmosphere was awesome :) would go back and try something elseSpecial Features:
- Serious management problemRrrrVIPDined on 1/18/2013The restaurant is empty when we arrive for 6:30 reservation. I was told that my wife and I, who happen to be celebrating a special occasion (gift in hand) would be sitting at the bar for dinner. Again, empty restaurant. I told the hostess this would not be acceptable. She went to what seemed like a manager who came to us to tell us that we had to sit at the bar. I am livid. We just paid $10 for 2 cars w/ the valet. She sees I am upset and tells me that I can sit on the covered patio if I promise to leave by 8:30. We go to the empty (1 couple there) patio and eat. Mackenzie (waiter) was great—food was great. We did not have dessert or finish our celebration because we had to leave by 8:30 even though the room was half empty. Unbelievable.
- We enjoyed a quiet New Year'sSkittlesDined on 12/31/2012We enjoyed a quiet New Year's Eve late lunch here. One had the Mussels and another had a chicken pizza which were both quite good with a bottle of Argentinian Malbec. It was a little more expensive than we expected but the food quality overcame that surprise.Special Features:
- Surprising find in the oldaperri1VIPDined on 12/29/2012Surprising find in the old Bella. Wonderful fusion of dynamic American cuisine with Mediterranean flavors..ambiance was a nice combination of intimate and yet alive...wait staff knowledgable and helpful...will be backSpecial Features:
- So much better than SpoonsatnightdinerVIPDined on 12/29/2012So much better than Spoon the restaurant we went to a week earlier. Service was excellent and food was very good.Special Features:
- While the menu had potential,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/29/2012While the menu had potential, the food was mediocre and overpriced for what it was. The waitstaff didn't seem to have an understanding of the menu when our party asked about various items. During our 7:30pm reservation, the restaurant was half full at best, and the waiter let us know they were out of that evening's special. The wine list was grossly overpriced and all over the board - but interestingly, this French bistro-style restaurant had no French wines on the list.
- Superb!KWolVIPDined on 12/18/2012What a fun place, with exciting food and knowledgeable wine pairings, great service and great ambiance. And a great chef owner.Special Features:
- Must try, put it on the listCommodoredfwDined on 12/17/2012Say at chefs tasting table. Tuna tar tar, pork belly, beef cheek and osso buco all amazing. Would definitely go back. Great wine list. Pizzas looked amazing as well. Head chef and mater d very free unduly and hospitable.Special Features:
- The asparagus/deviled eggTedBVIPDined on 12/15/2012The asparagus/deviled egg salad is worth a trip by itself. Beautifully composed, it's like 3 salads in one. A dish of greens and nuts, a dish with the eggs, and sliced asparagus in front fill out the plate. All the food was creative and flavorful. About the service; not so good. Waited 20 minutes after our reservation time for a table; not too bad as we could sit at the bar with martinis. Barely got to the table when the waiter pounced with menus and rattled off specials and then looked on eagerly as if we would be ready to order. Shooed him away only to have him return in less than 3 minutes. Shooed away again, and I guess that was it. Had to flag him down after 20 minutes. Came back to the table only once the rest of the meal.Special Features:
- The hostess was very confusedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/1/2012The hostess was very confused and unhelpful. We had a reservation and was asked upon arrival if we wanted to sit inside or outside. We request outside. The hostess took us to the back patio where nobody was sitting and told us it was full. She then took us back to the front and told us the restaurant was full. She suggested we sit at the bar. We declined and asked what the point of our reservation was. She said she would get the manager, who never arrived. She then sat us at the bar. We took a look outside and noticed several open tables. We had to ask if we could sit at one of those. The hostess then scuffed and agreed. Overall service was extremely slow for a night that was not busy. They seem to have some kinks to work out.
- The staff was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2012The staff was very friendly but our waiter needed more training on the menu and beer list. I ordered the red snapper which was good but nothing special considering the high price. My friend ordered the chicken rotisserie which was much better. The ambiance was incredible though, I really hope they either lower the prices or step up the food quality.Special Features:
- We found JoJo by a quick foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/21/2012We found JoJo by a quick foodie search and were intrigued by the opening reviews. The food was delicious - great authentic Andalusian gazpacho, wood fire cooked branzino and prefectly moist chocolate cake. The restaurant space itself is worth a visit, especially when the weather is nice and the doors are open - great blurring of indoor/outdoor. We will defintely add Jojo to our list when we visit Dallas!Special Features: