812 East Market Street
Louisville, KY 40206Neighborhood:
East Market St - NuLu
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deccarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (502) 749-8128
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Annie Pettry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music!
- Special Events: Please contact Ruben Diaz to customize the details of your next event!
A word from Decca
A soulful, contemporary restaurant, Decca brings the talents of chef Annie Pettry to 812 East Market Street. A commitment to locally farmed and small production ingredients is evident in the kitchen and throughout the bar and wine program. Decca makes its home in a historically renovated 1870's building, and features two intimate dining rooms, a private dining room, an outdoor courtyard, and a beautiful brick and limestone cellar for libations and revelry. Located in the heart of downtown Louisville's NuLu district, Decca is excited to feature local artists and musicians alongside inspired food and drinks in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Decca reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)great for outdoor dining (61)special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (48)romantic (43)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (19)notable wine list (18)scenic view (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Stylish Dinner SpotcdphrekrDined on 11/19/2014Since this place was one of many participating restaurants for Dining Out for Life, I ate here with two other people. Upon entering then lobby area, I noticed that this had a very quaint dinner area with nice, dark floors and a low lighting. We met the third person downstairs in the comfortable lounge area complete with a bar, lounge seating, and a video screen. Good for relaxing and catching up. The dining room was a little small as noticed by how close the seating was, but dinner was delicious. We started out with a goat cheese appetizer that we used to spread on the cold, but crusty bread. I ordered the pan fried chicken, which was moist and seasoned well. One other member had the pappardelle, which was a little small on the potion size, but tasty nonetheless. The third member ordered the pork chop, which was deliciso, but could have been a bit warmer. Seems as though they forgot to set it under a warming light. Along with the great service and fancy espresso machine, this place made for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Quality Dining Experience`AdamHallLouisvilleDined on 11/19/2014I would highly recommend Decca for anyone who is looking for a great dining experience. Every course of the meal was just excellent. The flavors are rich and enticing. The portion sizes are perfect. The menu is varied so regardless of your tastes or dietary restrictions, there is something for everyone. This is a place to go for special occasions or just when you want to have a truly delightful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decca Reviewbc19Dined on 11/7/2014Dinner with friends before the James Taylor concert - food was fabulous! A couple of us had pasta with sides - a couple had main dishes - it was all delicious! They make a great Woodford manhattan. Great service - lovely room.Special Features:
- So good!YummyDined on 11/1/2014Makes me wish I lived in louisville. Everything about this place was wonderful from start to finish. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Delicious food!sumrluvrDined on 11/1/2014Mushroom & Escarole Salad, Campfire Onion, Walnut, Buttermilk Blue Cheese...This was the first dish we had and it was so good! We also had the goat cheese sformato; a warm custard that would please goat cheese lovers and haters alike. The point is, they take simple ingredients and turn them into something really delicious. The cocktails are like the food, balanced with no one ingredient overtaking the rest. If we get a chance to go back, we would have a drink in the downstairs lounge first. It is cozy and inviting. Overall, this restaurant is a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING! BEST BY FAR!lovetoexperienceDined on 11/1/2014This is an amazing place. The food was outstanding as well as the service. This is my new favorite and I will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceGminar01Dined on 10/31/2014A friend and I made reservations prior to seeing a show at the Frazier. We were greeted with smiles. Great wait staff and the food was phenomenal. We split an appetizer (goat cheese), a NY steak and spaghetti squash. It was just the right amount. The steak was exceptional. We had a drink and wine and our bill was under $85. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- ToddOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Great service and fantastic food. Special attention to personal touchSpecial Features:
- great food, but costlymrondinaDined on 10/18/2014Decca's flavors were fantastic, but I felt the restaurant misreprented as an affordable ($$) dinner out. I would recommend it, but expect to lay north of $100 for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Decca-dence!OooohLALADined on 10/17/2014What was probably the last warm evening to eat outside, we lucked out at Decca. The leaves were falling, the crackling fire from their wood oven filled the air with fall fragrance. The waiters were attentive and very knowledgeable. We started with a GREAT bottle of wine (Highway 11) and a fabulous mussel dish with shaved country ham and potato crisps. The sauce was heavenly. I had a middle dish of cavatelli which was not what I thought it was going to be. The lamb sauce was tasty, but the portion was small and the pasta was gummy chewy. My fried had the fried Texas redfish and enjoyed it a lot. We topped it off with the expresso and ice cream. Delicious. Overall, a really wonderful dining experience and we'll be back!Special Features:
- Great place for a special datewannabefoodieDined on 10/13/2014Decca offered a relaxed and classy ambiance with a style of food to match. The mussels were amazing and so were the scallops; however I do think the scallops were a little over priced for the serving size. The cocktails were well done also, I recommend the chupacabra. Our waiter Justin was great, as was his back-up. I would definitely recommend for a special occasion or just to grab some drinks and hang out in the very comfortable basement lounge and bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from start to finishFoodeegurlDined on 10/11/2014Decca was a hit from the minute we walked in the door. Friendly hostess. Lovely outdoor area with nice fire pit. Mitchell our server was super knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive. The food was imaginative and very fresh. Presentation was superb. The mussels were outstanding. The middle pasta course amazing and the redfish entree was so good. Dessert was the perfect sweet finale. Very nicely done Decca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Vibe on a Sat Night in NULUAspiringFoodieDined on 10/11/2014We had resv at 8P on a Saturday night and enjoyed a drink at the bar first (by our choice), and were seated about 8:30. Service was prompt and waiter was knowledgeable. A few food preferences were easily handled. Timing of apps, salads, and entree's were perfect. Water was continually and quickly refilled -- one of my pet peeve's is an empty water glass! We ate upstairs; I find it a bit more quiet than the main dining room. The circular stairway up is not for everyone but if you can park on Market Street and walk to Decca, you can probably navigate the stairs up.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/4/2014Our server, Mitchell (along with the other support staff), provided a great experience with his knowledge of the menu. The food was presented well and was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceKingofHikespointDined on 9/27/2014Great food, great time. Didn't know the Nulu festival was going on. Made parking difficult. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and deliciousPhaniwolffDined on 9/27/2014A wonderful NuLu restaurant. The service is fabulous and the food is outstanding. One of the best things about it is that the waitstaff all seem to love working there. The atmosphere is superb and it's just a good neighborhood spot. It's not inexpensive, but not over-the-top either. I will keep going back.Special Features:
- Great nightLeeLouDined on 9/26/2014Wonderful evening. Wonderful meal on the veranda. Highly recommend Decca. One of my favorite spots. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- OutstandidngBucketDined on 9/22/2014I loved everything about it! The bar in the cellar is a gem. I loved Lawrence--he made me want to hug him. All our service was outstanding but Lawrence made my night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014We had a terrific time last Saturday eating in the courtyard. All of the food was refined and well executed - had the lamb pasta, NY strip and grilled broccoli which all stood out. Staff was friendly and very competent. Well timed service!Special Features:
- Creative options, great settingJohnDined on 9/19/2014Proof has a very cool vibe, with large format artwork on the walls, and a very sophisticated menu. It's special and casual at the same time. Most entree choices are farm to table, and are well prepared and presented. Don't miss it when visiting Louisville. Great bourbon and rye list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best PatioFern227Dined on 9/19/2014Decca's outdoor patio is the best in Louisville--plenty of room, quiet, restful. Just great for winding down after along work week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/16/2014Not willing to vary menu at all, when you ask the answer is "Chef said no". I think the question on noise is misleading, it's too noisy to have a conversation doesn't fit in moderate and it's certainly not "energetic" perhaps they know they have a problem. Also, it just a little too pretentious.
- Jazz on Mondays is excellentSammy1Dined on 9/15/2014Decided to celebrate out anniversary here because of the jazz group playing and a high rated listening room. The downstairs was great. Food was wonderful(we ate at the bar) and not crowded but also not dead. Overall it was a lovely night.Special Features:
- A True GemauburnkidDined on 9/11/2014As out of towners, we are always looking for interesting places to eat. Decca was recommended to us by several individuals that had no connection to one another. The atmosphere is lively and fun with the music being played from a record player. Be sure to arrive early so you can enjoy drinks in the bar. The farm to table concept is very well executed - if the fried green tomatoes are still on the menu, be sure to try them. The service was quick and attentive, but not overbearing. Decca is a NULU gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wrong choicegnatsDined on 9/9/2014I can not review honestly. The experience for us was overshadowed by the negatives. I feel the same way about the ratings. I can't in good concience be fair to the resturant, because of my experience. We were a group of six which included visitors from out of town. You don't feel good when you have to apologize repeatedly for noise, flies, serving time, and choices. So, lesson learned....check it out prior.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining experienceLambsidivyVIPDined on 9/5/2014I had been to Decca after it opened and eaten inside; the experience was not as memorable as our recent evening sitting on the patio near the burbling water feature. I was impressed how far it has come in both ambiance, food selection and sophistication. Service was attentive but not hovering, wine selection was plentiful but not confusingly vast and the several plates that are group of six ordered were all inventive, well presented and flavorful. The waiter even brought a re-lighting candle affixed to the small serving plate of dessert aflogato for our birthday guest. It's all about the details! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful evening!MichelleDined on 9/3/2014Our first time at Decca - perfect. Nothing short of perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justin is the man!KentuckyblueDined on 8/30/2014My girlfriend took me there for bday. She is from Kentucky and we both live in Chicago, both Decca newbies. Ambience was great although their plate ware and stemware were quite unnecessarily large. Food was amazing! Every flavor of every dish worked together in new ways. The dishes as whole meals was greater than the sum of its parts. As a bartender this is what I believe a good cocktail should be and I'm sure chefs strive for this with food, Decca surpassed the mark. Service was great, minus a few hiccups. Justin was super knowledgable and awesome! When I go back to Kentucky I will for sure be back there! Oh. Cocktail list could have been a little more diverse. Downstairs and upstairs should have different cocktail lists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KyfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Awesome place! Wife and I love it! Every time we go the menu is different and the food always delivers! If you love food this place is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fern227Dined on 8/23/2014Service was great and all servers took care of us without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decca - best of the bestAmomDined on 8/18/2014We chose Decca for our anniversary dinner and it was fabulous. My husband and I have eaten at many fine/trendy restaurants. We both agreed Decca is by far the best of the best. We had the best evening ever. Weather was nice so we chose to sit out on the spacious patio. We loved being able to enjoy each other's company without sitting on top of other diners. Food was AMAZING! The atmosphere so quaint and romantic. Service was top notch, both friendly and informative. You MUST go. Today. DECCA - my new all time fav!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary CelebrationJosephineDined on 8/16/2014Decca was recommended by a friend who said it would be perfect for a romantic 20th anniversary celebration and she nailed it! While the portions were a little small, the food was absolutely fabulous and we were comfortably full! We got a little out of our comfort zone for what we normally would have eaten but loved our food! The staff was very attentive, personable and friendly! But my favorite part of the night was the whole experience and ambience! The records room/library was fun to check out! The bar in the basement was awesome! It was extremely cozy with comfortable, inviting couches to sit on while looking at the old silent black and white movies shown on the wall and listening to some vintage music! It was a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!CottonerDined on 8/2/2014The best service, food, and atmosphere combination in the city right now. If you're looking a place to fit the bill of outdoor, romantic, overall great setting. Decca is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine & walkDine2walkDined on 8/1/2014Loved everything about this place. Outdoor dining was a real plus. One concern: do not sit directly across from the outdoor speaker... Too loud for normal conversation & it sounded like a speaker was cracked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomegoodfoodaddictionDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at Decca. It was a great choice. We sat on the upstairs balcony overlooking the outdoor garden and seating below. It was a beautiful. The food was delicious and service was spot on great. We will definitely return to Decca for a lovely evening. I forgot to mention the intimate and quaint downstairs bar. It would be a great place to take out of town guests for a must see and enjoy good restaurant in Louisville. Lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decca - Very good. Not great.one4goodfoodDined on 7/28/2014Heard a lot about Decca. Like everything in NuLu, Decca is over rated. Not the best in Louisville - if so the town has a problem. Only two tables occupied when we arrived at 7 - none when we left. Tight table arrangement. Faced open doors to the kitchen area and a second service area. Blueberry and arugula salad was disappointing. Diver scallops - outstanding but not sure of the garnishment or whatever. The grilled broccoli was wonderful - the best ever. Bland crispy russet potatoes - not so crispy and the chermoula yogurt reminded me of a bad middle east or Indian sauce. Overall a nice restaurant. Not great. Drinks and tip: $150 was pricey given the entire experience. Wait staff OK but not great like everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014We loved the outdoor patio. The food was very delicious, but overpriced. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night at DeccamakindyDined on 7/26/2014Amazing restaurant. Food, service and ambiance were perfect for our date night. Our only complaint was how close we were seated to our neighbors when over half the tables on the second floor were empty. It was nice to chat and meet new people, it was just a little too close for comfort. Highly recommend everything we ordered off the menu - especially the fried green tomatoes.Special Features:
- Italianfood27Dined on 7/25/2014Thought it was a little noise inside though the food was amazing! Wish there was more selections for the appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleSkinneyDined on 7/25/2014Amazing food and even more amazing service. Would highly recommend for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 477 reviews are from the Decca reviews archive.