812 East Market Street
Louisville, KY 40206Neighborhood:
East Market St - NuLu
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deccarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5027498128x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Annie Pettry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music!
- Special Events: Please contact Ruben Diaz to customize the details of your next event!
A word from Decca
A soulful, contemporary restaurant, Decca brings the talents of chef Annie Pettry to 812 East Market Street. A commitment to locally farmed and small production ingredients is evident in the kitchen and throughout the bar and wine program. Decca makes its home in a historically renovated 1870's building, and features two intimate dining rooms, a private dining room, an outdoor courtyard, and a beautiful brick and limestone cellar for libations and revelry. Located in the heart of downtown Louisville's NuLu district, Decca is excited to feature local artists and musicians alongside inspired food and drinks in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Decca reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (86)fit for foodies (84)special occasion (60)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (28)good for groups (22)notable wine list (19)late-night find (14)scenic view (13)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- KyfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Awesome place! Wife and I love it! Every time we go the menu is different and the food always delivers! If you love food this place is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fern227Dined on 8/23/2014Service was great and all servers took care of us without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decca - best of the bestAmomDined on 8/18/2014We chose Decca for our anniversary dinner and it was fabulous. My husband and I have eaten at many fine/trendy restaurants. We both agreed Decca is by far the best of the best. We had the best evening ever. Weather was nice so we chose to sit out on the spacious patio. We loved being able to enjoy each other's company without sitting on top of other diners. Food was AMAZING! The atmosphere so quaint and romantic. Service was top notch, both friendly and informative. You MUST go. Today. DECCA - my new all time fav!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary CelebrationJosephineDined on 8/16/2014Decca was recommended by a friend who said it would be perfect for a romantic 20th anniversary celebration and she nailed it! While the portions were a little small, the food was absolutely fabulous and we were comfortably full! We got a little out of our comfort zone for what we normally would have eaten but loved our food! The staff was very attentive, personable and friendly! But my favorite part of the night was the whole experience and ambience! The records room/library was fun to check out! The bar in the basement was awesome! It was extremely cozy with comfortable, inviting couches to sit on while looking at the old silent black and white movies shown on the wall and listening to some vintage music! It was a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!CottonerDined on 8/2/2014The best service, food, and atmosphere combination in the city right now. If you're looking a place to fit the bill of outdoor, romantic, overall great setting. Decca is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine & walkDine2walkDined on 8/1/2014Loved everything about this place. Outdoor dining was a real plus. One concern: do not sit directly across from the outdoor speaker... Too loud for normal conversation & it sounded like a speaker was cracked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomegoodfoodaddictionDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at Decca. It was a great choice. We sat on the upstairs balcony overlooking the outdoor garden and seating below. It was a beautiful. The food was delicious and service was spot on great. We will definitely return to Decca for a lovely evening. I forgot to mention the intimate and quaint downstairs bar. It would be a great place to take out of town guests for a must see and enjoy good restaurant in Louisville. Lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decca - Very good. Not great.one4goodfoodDined on 7/28/2014Heard a lot about Decca. Like everything in NuLu, Decca is over rated. Not the best in Louisville - if so the town has a problem. Only two tables occupied when we arrived at 7 - none when we left. Tight table arrangement. Faced open doors to the kitchen area and a second service area. Blueberry and arugula salad was disappointing. Diver scallops - outstanding but not sure of the garnishment or whatever. The grilled broccoli was wonderful - the best ever. Bland crispy russet potatoes - not so crispy and the chermoula yogurt reminded me of a bad middle east or Indian sauce. Overall a nice restaurant. Not great. Drinks and tip: $150 was pricey given the entire experience. Wait staff OK but not great like everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014We loved the outdoor patio. The food was very delicious, but overpriced. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night at DeccamakindyDined on 7/26/2014Amazing restaurant. Food, service and ambiance were perfect for our date night. Our only complaint was how close we were seated to our neighbors when over half the tables on the second floor were empty. It was nice to chat and meet new people, it was just a little too close for comfort. Highly recommend everything we ordered off the menu - especially the fried green tomatoes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Thought it was a little noise inside though the food was amazing! Wish there was more selections for the appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleSkinneyDined on 7/25/2014Amazing food and even more amazing service. Would highly recommend for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningWineloverDined on 7/24/2014We dined in the Courtyard, business dinner. Couldn't have been better. Perfect weather helped,and our server was great. Food super as usual - 2 x salmon, 1 x NY Strip and 1 x Shrimp. All done well. Every went overboard on the Cabriole Goat Cheese, and the Peach Cobbler was a perfect ending. 50% wine on Thursday just capped it off. Well done!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedDined on 7/23/2014Decca has great outdoor ambiance. We ate outside because the airconditioning was set too cold to eat inside. Service was attentive and the folks were very professional and pleasant. The meal choices are creative. However, my wife's fish arrived undercooked so we had to eat our meals separately. There were no apologies for this misstep let alone any effort put into service recovery. The experience left us feeling luke warm about ever returning to Decca.Special Features:
- ServicecbormayVIPDined on 7/19/2014The service seemed to be slow. There were longer than usual breaks between courses. This seemed odd as it wasn't very crowded.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014Phenomenal service and great food! The outside patio is not to be missed!Special Features:
- SatisfyingDissapointedDined on 7/12/2014This was my 2nd. visit and probably not as nice as my first. the appetizers were good, but the entrees were soso. I had the Pork Chop and it was delicious, however my wife had the Shrimp and it was just OK. I was disappointed at the choices for entrees and would have preferred more. choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date nightBeckyDined on 7/11/2014A great place for a date night - especially the outdoor seating. Best fried green tomatoes EVER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereArthurDined on 7/11/2014Loved the style, the downstairs bar was great. The live music was a nice touch, and we enjoyed the library upstairs and the outdoor seating. Most importantly, the food was superb. 10/10, would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeothewhatleyDined on 7/9/2014There were only 4 choices for entrees with meat or fish. 1 Steak, 1 chicken, 2 seafood. Need to add one to 2 more steak options and 1 to two more chicken optionsSpecial Features:
- Great Food AND Music in one night!CoconnorDined on 7/5/2014We travel quite a bit and love it when we find a place with great food and great music. We always say "I wish we had something like this in Louisville". Well, we don't have to say that anymore. We DO have that in Louisville - at Decca. We had fabulous food/service and then headed downstairs for music and great drinks in a cozy but vibrant bar. They are advertising Jazz Monday's and we cannot wait to head back for more. The food would be enough to get us back but the music is the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Great choicefoodie1cDined on 7/5/2014Our first visit. My date and I were able to score a table on the upstairs patio overlooking the beautiful down stairs patio/garden. Our server was attentive without being around too much and made great selections for drinks/good. I wish I would've grabbed a dessert, especially considering how tasty our appetizers and entrees were. We well definitely be back and will make it a point to spend time checking out the downstairs lounge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodFooddocDined on 6/28/2014Fresh ingredients and very flavorful. Wine list a little pricy, nothing by the bottle under $40. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Cuisine, Sub Par Meat CutssatanVIPDined on 6/28/2014The salads were excellent but significantly overpriced relative to comparable upscale restaurants. The creative preparation and ingredients in the two entrees we had were exceptional; however, both the pork chop and steak were tough. The chop was 40 percent bone and fat. The duck pate' was the high point of the dinner--an amazing amalgamation of flavors. The staff was first-rate--friendly and attentive. If they improve the cuts of meat this will become a preferred restaurant for us.
- Great Jazz BarXXXXVIPDined on 6/23/2014We enjoyed dinner in the restaurant with terrific cocktails and found our way after dinner to the downstairs jazz bar. Decca has a complete package for a great date night: great food, drinks, and entertainment. The only negative would be it took our food a really long time to be served but it was very good when we finally received it.Special Features:
- Decca Delights!FoodzillaDined on 6/23/2014The food at Decca is consistently outstanding and the seasonal changes make it an adventure. Food is creative without being forcedly quirky. The textures, tastes, colors and combinations are perfectly balanced. The same goes for the cocktails! The décor is subtly elegant in its simplicity - conversation is easy, and the wait staff is always friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor quality for price and LoudDomeDined on 6/19/2014Food quality was awful and high price. Very loud and noisy. Difficult to hear conversation. Tables almost touching and so close to other patrons it makes any type of personal conversation impossible.
- Decca dininggibsonDined on 6/18/2014Great service, great food, great downstairs bar, great wine and bubbly (Roederer Estate, Anderson Valley, California, been there). We also liked the stairway to the second floor , beautiful, and Museum of Music. GH LouisvilleSpecial Features:
- Great Food and Greater ServiceJoeDavolaDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I have dined at the restaurant before and enjoyed the experience, but this time was off the charts. We made reservations for outdoor dining, but when we arrived there was a snafu and no outdoor tables were available. They offered to put us on the wait list, but we chose the indoor table because we were hungry. After we received our pre-dinner libations, a complimentary appetizer arrived. It was unexpected and very delicious. However, after dinner we were directed outside to a table for a complimentary dessert, which was also very good. The hostess/manager went well beyond to ensure a very nice dining experience after an issue that may not have been their fault in the first place. Great food and customer service lives here.Special Features:
- Food was incredible....Justhungry1Dined on 6/9/2014Took forever to get our food, but once it came...it was delicious! By the way...bring your own straw...they don't have any. Not even a stir stick??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the outdoor seating!Foodlover31Dined on 6/7/2014My first time at Decca, my husband and I were seated upstairs, outside overlooking the veranda. The restaurant is very unique, has lots of hidden space and seems surprising big for how it appears. We loved the upstairs deck. It was a perfect summer night. I love food, and would call myself somewhat of a foodie....so let me say I thought the food was good. I'd say 3.75 stars if I could. It just didn't WOW me. Being in a food city as Louisville with so many amazing options, we are spoiled. I had the salmon and hubs had the pork chop. We got wine/beer, and shared the potatoes side dish. Overall I will definitely go back. Next time well do more of an apps/cocktail/bar deal and see how that goes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor perfectionFoodtothemaxDined on 6/6/2014There is no better outdoor dining space in Louisville. It really is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect eveningLSMFTDined on 6/5/2014The outdoor area is wonderful, tables are well spaced, our server was excellent and very knowledgeable on all the menu All the choices were excellent from the salads to middle to main courses. The cobbler was outstanding and the ice cream sandwich a treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a lot of valueDrJTVIPDined on 5/31/2014We love Decca, it may well be one of the best spots in town for outdoor dinning but.... If you are looking for great food for a good price you may want to look elsewhere. The wine list offers a great selection but is very overpriced, the portion sizes are small for the price paid and the al a carte sides for the table are wonderful but add more to the final tab for the meal. Call me old fashion but I thought an entree for $31 should include a side dish. I had a NY strip steak, I literally was served 3 "strips" of steak one of which was just fat and grizzle. It was perfectly done and tasted wonderful but for $31 I think I should have gotten more.Special Features:
- Great placeKenCDined on 5/30/2014GREAT food, outstanding outdoor dining, and a wonderful drink list. Make sure to check out the bar in the basement!Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner at Deccaknightkr502Dined on 5/30/2014Unique neighborhood gem, excellent food and service. While menu wasn't tremendously expansive, the selections they have are prepared very well. Our server was attentive and charming. Great specialized cocktails, nice ambiance, fun outdoor dining and bar area. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticdomich3Dined on 5/27/2014I have heard about Decca for a while. My boss was in from out of town and I took him there. We were completely impressed with the food and service. I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- eric7DVIPDined on 5/22/2014Great people, great food. They're def doing their own thing...well. Will def come backSpecial Features:
- Nice place!Lou502Dined on 5/16/2014Great food and outstanding service! Really liked the bar downstairs. We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Dinner at DeccaFisheadDined on 5/16/2014Our first time at Decca. We had a party of four. Got there a little early so we had a drink in the cellar bar. Nice and comfortable. All of us enjoyed dinner. We would like to come back when it's warmer so we can take advantage of the either the patio or upstairs veranda.Special Features: