4545 SW Watson Ave
Beaverton, OR 97005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.decarlirestaurant.com/
- Phone: (503) 641-3223
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Paul DeCarli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Cross Street: Farmington
- Public Transit: Watson and Farmington both offer bus stops within a block of the restaurant. MAX is 3 blocks away.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking in front of the restaurant. Also, to the right there is plenty of off-street parking as well as a small public lot.
A word from decarli
decarli restaurant is where rustic meets modern. Chef/owner, Paul DeCarli, pulls from his Swiss-Italian roots to create a menu that reflects his heritage as well as combine local Northwest ingredients. Polenta fries with gorgonzola butter, mussels in fennel-saffron cream sauce, and espresso-braised shortribs are just a few of the many "must-haves.” Soaring open beam ceilings with rustic brick walls add to the ambiance of this 1924 historic building.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
decarli - Best Restaurants in Beaverton ›
decarli reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (90)neighborhood gem (85)special occasion (64)good for groups (44)romantic (44)notable wine list (36)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (28)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not worth the pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014We had 5 dishes. The fried polenta was great. The pork shoulder we sent back. The squash soup had very little flavor. The beet and pear salad had one tiny piece of pear and was smaller than a tea cup and cost $8.50. And the pear crisp desert was ok, nothing special. Overall it was very expensive for the quality and experience.
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2014Excellent service and food at this small, NW/Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very hospitableRobbudDined on 11/21/2014We had a very last minute addition to our reservation and they were able to accommodate us. The wait staff was very professional and attentive. We were there to celebrate a birthday and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitFinnLadyDined on 11/20/2014I had tried to eat at DeCarli Restaurant several times but could not get a booking at the time I wanted to go there. I finally took a very early reservation. The food was outstanding (we both had the beef short ribs. Really, beyond words delectable) and the service attentive. My only recommendation for the restaurant would be to improve their Italian wine selection by the glass. There wasn't a Chiante by the glass for example. It takes time to plan ahead and get the time you want but it's well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Slow For a Sunday EveningFunNSunDined on 11/9/2014We have been here several times and this was the slowest I have experienced. It took over an hour for our entrees to arrive and longer for my wine. They were fairly slow when we arrived, but had gotten busy by the time we were leaving. I am hoping this was just an "off" night, because waiting 60 minutes for food is not acceptable at these prices. The entrees were tasty, but too long to wait.
- Make your reservation now!FoodieDined on 11/8/2014I'm sorry I waited so long to try decarli...definitely rivals any downtown Portland restaurant. Food was to die for, the ambiance was good (a little noisy, not a kid-type of restaurant)...so glad we went. The service was fantastic, as well - run, don't walk to the phone and make reservations now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014Went for the short ribs and we weren't disappointed. Had the appetizer, chicken liver mousse with huckleberry glee and it was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night dinnerWillaimDined on 10/31/2014I went with my girlfriend and it was amazing we had so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dave behrenddbehrDined on 10/30/2014From the moment we entered to the time we were finished it was outstanding reception, table, service by Marty, food and good desert! It was my birthday and everyone especially Marty and Mark were delightful! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!LoveDoggieBagsDined on 10/25/2014As always, the food was great! Took another couple to dinner as it was their first time at deCarli. They enjoyed the food and wine also. Still worth the drive from the Tualatin/Sherwood area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodKmackDined on 10/25/2014Mark( waiter)excellent The Caesar salads just the right size; Mussels appetizer as my entree: Hands down best Mussels dish I have ever had ...cream sauce with shallots, Pernod, fennel: yum! pasta dishes :sauces with balanced flavors; the polenta fries quite good but not paired well with dressing: would have preferred a creamy, thicker sauce. Dining room could have better acoustic shielding: we were seated in the corner, fortunately , as the center area was way too loud. And the lights, although lovely, hang too high so they are barely noticeable and the lighting is too dark. Small corrections would make this restaurant a slam dunk for perfect diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindCalGalDined on 10/19/2014New to Oregon..DiCarli's was recommended by a local..exceeded our expectations..will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willyboyDined on 10/18/2014Three nights in a row with friends to celebrate my birthday. Great dining experience all three nights. Food delicious. Service awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westside GemPembos4Dined on 10/12/2014We aways enjoy our dining experiences at DeCarli. The food never disappoints and the staff is always friendly and efficient. Love the cozy warm atmosphere...perfect for cold Northwest evenings when going downtown Portland is just too much headache.Special Features:
- A gem in central BeavertonCurtisCharlesPDXDined on 10/11/2014Decarli's never disappoints. The ambiance is a little downscale and it's a bit noisy. The lighting is romantically subdued making the menus a bit of a challenge to read. Don't worry, because it's not possible to make a mistake. Everything is just delicious, with an inspired balance of flavors and textures that delights the palate and the eye. The cavatelli is just a touch on the spicy side, but all the other flavors come through for a polished combination. The salted carmel cheesecake is out of this world, and their take on s'mores is another example of their inspired artistry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodYummoDined on 10/11/2014Everything we had was outstanding. From the polenta fries and cauliflower soup to the beef short ribs and salted caramel cheesecake, it was all perfectly prepared and delicious. Best meal we've had in years. Service was perfect, with just the right amount of attention and care. We will very definitely be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute favektabs35Dined on 10/9/2014We've been coming here since they opened and have never been disappointed. The food is always amazing. The service is excellent and the ambiance is relaxing.Special Features:
- Great Date Night!datenightDined on 10/4/2014We can always count on Decarli for a great culinary experience. It's a guarantee to be great food and great service. The menu is always changing with fresh ingredients. It's a gem to say the least. I recommend making reservations if you don't like to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A BeaverTRON DeCarli DeLIGHT!tintinDined on 10/3/2014Thanks for the lovely dinner! Food and drinks were fabulous and to find a hidden gem like this in Beaverton is a treat! Servers were so nice, patient and attentive! (esp Rinda!) The ambiance is great, but I would charge up your cell phone and make sure to have that flashlight app to see the menu…If you have "old" eyes the dim lights make it a challenge, but if there is a will there is a way! All in all, it was great! We need more restaurants like this in Beaverton so we don't have to take the slow boat to cross a river or try our patience meters getting downtown in this few lane highway town with tons of transplants-including moi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a haven for vegetariansVeggieloverDined on 10/2/2014For a restaurant that comes so highly recommended, I would like to see more options on the menu for people with dietary restrictions. We came here at the recommendation of a die hard decarli fan, but were disappointed to see very few dishes on the menu fit for a vegetarian. The kitchen was flexible within reason, but not a memorable experience on the food front. But loved the ambience and the drinks list. Would go back if the menu is updated with some diversity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date at DecarlimolemolemoleDined on 10/1/2014As usual, Decarli delivers. I did not eat this particular time, but their Manhattan was delicious!Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The food was ok. Good portion sizes but just not my favorite flavors. A little pricey. I would try it again, maybe it was just what I ordered that I didn't like very much.Special Features:
- Excellent foodJudikDined on 9/26/2014Food was wonderful! We were not rushed even though it was Friday night and the place was bustling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM! YUM! YUM!Seattlegirl1018Dined on 9/23/2014Food was amazing! Came here for a client dinner. Only problem is it is VERY loud so it made it hard to talk business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant in Hillsboro1OregonfoodieDined on 9/23/2014We've been to De Carli several times and the food was outstanding every time, from the salads to the coffee and everything in between. My only complaint is the noise level. It is difficult to converse when the restaurant is crowded, but the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningMitchDined on 9/19/2014We live in the area and wanted to show our Oklahoma guest a fantastic time out on a Friday night. Decarli's did not disappoint! Our friend is a "foodie", having lived in CA for years. She was blown away by the ambience, the service and the incredible food. It was a wonderful dinner experience and we will surely add it to our "must do" list when other friends and family visit...or for our own special date nights! Thank you Decarlis!Special Features:
- ExcellenttopazDined on 9/18/2014Server was great. Ordered polenta fries, gnocchi, short ribs, beet/pear salad, bruschetta and caramel cheesecake. The gnocchi was light as air and melted in your mouth, the signature dish of boneless short ribs with shaved horseradish was good, like pot roast, bruschetta served as a trio with white beans/avocado/salmon...I'd like the just the avocado bruschetta. Tomato soup was OK, pear and beet salad was very good. Cheesecake with caramel was served in dish, slightly larger than a crème brulee and was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BackagainDined on 9/14/2014We had a great time. My guests were from out of town and we totally loved it!Special Features:
- Not Your Nana's ItalianAZFoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014A bit unconventional for a restaurant billed as Italian, nevertheless excellent food. Menu featured a lot of steak & seafood items which seemed to be what most of the tables around us were ordering. We opted for the gnocchi with bolognaise sauce and the spaghetti with shrimp. The spaghetti dish was very nicely done; the gnocchi dish was outstanding. The gnocchi themselves were feather light and perfectly textured. The bolognaise was perhaps the best I've ever eaten; large pieces of tender meat (not the usual ground meat) in a wonderfully flavored sauce. Wine list had a nice selection at reasonable prices. The atmosphere is not cozy/comfortable; not a place for a romantic dinner. Industrial design and very loud, so expect "Energetic"Special Features:
- artdinesoutalotDined on 9/10/2014Ate there for our anniversary. Very noisy. Could hardly hear each other; could not hear soft talking waitress. Light level too low. Had to turn on cell phone light to read menu. Hard wooden chairs; not conducive to enjoying a special night out. Menu rather limited; food just OK. Would not go back!
- Great foodmmccoconutDined on 9/10/2014DeCarli's has a great variety of food and drinks for everyone. The food is very good and tasty. I enjoyed the energy in the restaurant especially on a Wednesday night.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beNWFanDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I would bring folks here all the time as the food was great and not typical for Beaverton. Haven't been back for awhile, went on Saturday night and were unimpressed, as were our out of town guests. The Gnocchi was highly recommended by our server, too salty and not what one of our guests expected. The ribs were good and probably the savior of the whole dinner, unfortunately not enough to pass around the whole table. I ordered a pork chop, it arrived late and was fatty/tough. Hopefully it was just an off night, its nice to have a place like this in Beaverton.Special Features:
- Always amazingYUMMERSDined on 9/5/2014We love Decarli. The food is amazing... I can't get enough of the beef short ribs. I've never had anything here that wasn't wonderful. Service is always very prompt and smart as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-to for Date NightSreidDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I love to go out on impromptu dates every week or so. We prefer the casual places that are more about the food than the image. Decarli fits the bill perfectly and it has become our go-to place. And, they are in Beaverton so we don't have to drive into Portland for a great meal!Special Features:
- Music anyone?Beaverton2luvDined on 8/29/2014Perhaps low music playing in the background would be nice? To dampen the Cafeteria-type noise, perhaps some well placed trendy plants or sheer white curtains (like Blue hour) may help? The lightening felt a tad too dark- though that works, but perhaps more candle/ambient light may accent in a more complimentary way? Just some thoughts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice Beaverton establishmentrladams65eatsDined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent. We had the grilled salmon and the linguine. Both were really well prepared. The salmon has a sauce along with a few potatoes and some slightly vinegary vegetables - together they made an excellent, complex flavor and texture. The wine list is a great size, with plenty of NW wines. The server made a great recommendation. The server also did a good job of taking care of the kid, so it made for a fun evening all around. The biggest detractor is noise. It is loud inside. Some may not like the downtown / street parking location, but there is a public lot on the backside of the place, so there was plenty of places if you were willing to walk a short block.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent MealpdxfoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was our third visit to decarli's and it didn't disappoint. We had friends visiting from Seattle and everyone had a great meal. The pork chop (apparently only served on Friday's) was outstanding. Our server was great. His wine recommendations were spot on. The only thing to be aware of, but not a reason to avoid, is that the noise level is fairly high so soft voices are somewhat challenged here.Special Features:
- really nice place..good foodshashiDined on 8/23/2014the service is really good..food is good.. and the service person was really helpful in choosing the wine..food ..explaining whats in the food etc..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first choiceSullyDined on 8/23/2014Going to DeCarli is always my first choice for dining out. The food is always great. I can eat light or go for a full meal. The service is top rate. The servers are very attentive without hovering. They are very knowledgeable about the menu. DeCarli is great for a casual meal and dress or a special occasion and dressing up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Westside spotJeffVIPDined on 8/22/2014A great spot for fine dining on the west side. Great food, service, and atmosphere in beaverton.Special Features: