4545 SW Watson Ave
Beaverton, OR 97005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.decarlirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5036413223
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Paul DeCarli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Cross Street: Farmington
- Public Transit: Watson and Farmington both offer bus stops within a block of the restaurant. MAX is 3 blocks away.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking in front of the restaurant. Also, to the right there is plenty of off-street parking as well as a small public lot.
A word from decarli
decarli restaurant is where rustic meets modern. Chef/owner, Paul DeCarli, pulls from his Swiss-Italian roots to create a menu that reflects his heritage as well as combine local Northwest ingredients. Polenta fries with gorgonzola butter, mussels in fennel-saffron cream sauce, and espresso-braised shortribs are just a few of the many "must-haves.” Soaring open beam ceilings with rustic brick walls add to the ambiance of this 1924 historic building.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
decarli - Best Restaurants in Beaverton ›
decarli reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (79)special occasion (67)romantic (44)good for groups (37)notable wine list (32)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (23)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The food was ok. Good portion sizes but just not my favorite flavors. A little pricey. I would try it again, maybe it was just what I ordered that I didn't like very much.Special Features:
- Excellent foodJudikDined on 9/26/2014Food was wonderful! We were not rushed even though it was Friday night and the place was bustling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM! YUM! YUM!Seattlegirl1018Dined on 9/23/2014Food was amazing! Came here for a client dinner. Only problem is it is VERY loud so it made it hard to talk business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant in Hillsboro1OregonfoodieDined on 9/23/2014We've been to De Carli several times and the food was outstanding every time, from the salads to the coffee and everything in between. My only complaint is the noise level. It is difficult to converse when the restaurant is crowded, but the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningMitchDined on 9/19/2014We live in the area and wanted to show our Oklahoma guest a fantastic time out on a Friday night. Decarli's did not disappoint! Our friend is a "foodie", having lived in CA for years. She was blown away by the ambience, the service and the incredible food. It was a wonderful dinner experience and we will surely add it to our "must do" list when other friends and family visit...or for our own special date nights! Thank you Decarlis!Special Features:
- ExcellenttopazDined on 9/18/2014Server was great. Ordered polenta fries, gnocchi, short ribs, beet/pear salad, bruschetta and caramel cheesecake. The gnocchi was light as air and melted in your mouth, the signature dish of boneless short ribs with shaved horseradish was good, like pot roast, bruschetta served as a trio with white beans/avocado/salmon...I'd like the just the avocado bruschetta. Tomato soup was OK, pear and beet salad was very good. Cheesecake with caramel was served in dish, slightly larger than a crème brulee and was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BackagainDined on 9/14/2014We had a great time. My guests were from out of town and we totally loved it!Special Features:
- Not Your Nana's ItalianAZFoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014A bit unconventional for a restaurant billed as Italian, nevertheless excellent food. Menu featured a lot of steak & seafood items which seemed to be what most of the tables around us were ordering. We opted for the gnocchi with bolognaise sauce and the spaghetti with shrimp. The spaghetti dish was very nicely done; the gnocchi dish was outstanding. The gnocchi themselves were feather light and perfectly textured. The bolognaise was perhaps the best I've ever eaten; large pieces of tender meat (not the usual ground meat) in a wonderfully flavored sauce. Wine list had a nice selection at reasonable prices. The atmosphere is not cozy/comfortable; not a place for a romantic dinner. Industrial design and very loud, so expect "Energetic"Special Features:
- artdinesoutalotDined on 9/10/2014Ate there for our anniversary. Very noisy. Could hardly hear each other; could not hear soft talking waitress. Light level too low. Had to turn on cell phone light to read menu. Hard wooden chairs; not conducive to enjoying a special night out. Menu rather limited; food just OK. Would not go back!
- Great foodmmccoconutDined on 9/10/2014DeCarli's has a great variety of food and drinks for everyone. The food is very good and tasty. I enjoyed the energy in the restaurant especially on a Wednesday night.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beNWFanDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I would bring folks here all the time as the food was great and not typical for Beaverton. Haven't been back for awhile, went on Saturday night and were unimpressed, as were our out of town guests. The Gnocchi was highly recommended by our server, too salty and not what one of our guests expected. The ribs were good and probably the savior of the whole dinner, unfortunately not enough to pass around the whole table. I ordered a pork chop, it arrived late and was fatty/tough. Hopefully it was just an off night, its nice to have a place like this in Beaverton.Special Features:
- Always amazingYUMMERSDined on 9/5/2014We love Decarli. The food is amazing... I can't get enough of the beef short ribs. I've never had anything here that wasn't wonderful. Service is always very prompt and smart as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-to for Date NightSreidDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I love to go out on impromptu dates every week or so. We prefer the casual places that are more about the food than the image. Decarli fits the bill perfectly and it has become our go-to place. And, they are in Beaverton so we don't have to drive into Portland for a great meal!Special Features:
- Music anyone?Beaverton2luvDined on 8/29/2014Perhaps low music playing in the background would be nice? To dampen the Cafeteria-type noise, perhaps some well placed trendy plants or sheer white curtains (like Blue hour) may help? The lightening felt a tad too dark- though that works, but perhaps more candle/ambient light may accent in a more complimentary way? Just some thoughts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice Beaverton establishmentrladams65eatsDined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent. We had the grilled salmon and the linguine. Both were really well prepared. The salmon has a sauce along with a few potatoes and some slightly vinegary vegetables - together they made an excellent, complex flavor and texture. The wine list is a great size, with plenty of NW wines. The server made a great recommendation. The server also did a good job of taking care of the kid, so it made for a fun evening all around. The biggest detractor is noise. It is loud inside. Some may not like the downtown / street parking location, but there is a public lot on the backside of the place, so there was plenty of places if you were willing to walk a short block.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent MealpdxfoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was our third visit to decarli's and it didn't disappoint. We had friends visiting from Seattle and everyone had a great meal. The pork chop (apparently only served on Friday's) was outstanding. Our server was great. His wine recommendations were spot on. The only thing to be aware of, but not a reason to avoid, is that the noise level is fairly high so soft voices are somewhat challenged here.Special Features:
- really nice place..good foodshashiDined on 8/23/2014the service is really good..food is good.. and the service person was really helpful in choosing the wine..food ..explaining whats in the food etc..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first choiceSullyDined on 8/23/2014Going to DeCarli is always my first choice for dining out. The food is always great. I can eat light or go for a full meal. The service is top rate. The servers are very attentive without hovering. They are very knowledgeable about the menu. DeCarli is great for a casual meal and dress or a special occasion and dressing up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Westside spotJeffVIPDined on 8/22/2014A great spot for fine dining on the west side. Great food, service, and atmosphere in beaverton.Special Features:
- Great dinner!livetoeatDined on 8/22/2014This is our 2nd time eating at Decarli and it was another wonderful meal. Having grown up in NYC and exposed to great italian food, Decarli does not disappoint. We started with the mussels and caesar salald which were both wonderful. My kids had a great pizza while my wife and I both had pasta which were wonderful. Service is excellent and appropriately attentive. Highly recommend Decarli.Special Features:
- KPKPutDined on 8/21/2014Checked out all the reviews on Decarli's and it looked promising. We were in Beaverton and wanted something close. Got in earlier than our reservation, which was a plus. Ordered the short ribs, the prawn pasta, and the beet salad. Everything was fabulous! Would definitely go back there if ever in Beaverton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love decarliDancerDined on 8/20/2014Been coming here since the place first opened and it never disappoints! Love the brick chicken.we come here for festive occasions. Very impressed with excellence of wine list, quite reasonably priced. Desserts good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Dining Menu2returnDined on 8/19/2014Our dining experience was most enjoyable. Our reservation time was perfect and surprisingly easy to obtain by going on line. Our table location was perfect, at the window and away from the main dining area. Menu selections were all very interesting to review and then select what to eat. All four entrees, the beef short ribs, wild salmon and pasta, were deliciously prepared, very tasty and enjoyable. Our waitress was wonderful and answered any questions regarding the menu. Service was delightful. Yes, we will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in Beaverton, Portland so sobrwydaveDined on 8/19/2014The mature dining room staff took very good care of our party of four. The room is large and bare, thus the noise level extremely high. The mussels were excellent, the cazuela (a grilled bread topping) was good and two pasta main courses were average.Special Features:
- Great Pearl District AlternativeBeavertonGemDined on 8/10/2014When I don't feel like driving downtown and want to WOW a client or friend with an amazing meal without leaving Beaverton, Decarli's is my my choice. Service is top notch and food is incredible. Always a pleasant surprise for first time visitors. My husband and I went for our anniversary last night and were greeted with a nice glass of champagne! I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Restaurant with AmbianceTheRomanticDined on 8/10/2014Lovely Old World Charm with a very nice wait staff and delicious Italian food! And though I took my mother to dinner there on the recommendation of a friend, I feel it would be a wonderful and romantic date place, as well. We really enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!2dine4Dined on 8/9/2014We had a bit of a tough start when we first seated because it was very cold. Don't know if we were under a draft or if the whole restaurant was the same temperature but it was definitely cooler than we would have liked. Then they were sold out of the wine I ordered but the recommended replacement was very good! The food more than made up for any slight negatives in the ambience. It was so delicious and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated eating in suburbiaAnArtistEatsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Nice to have such thoughtful cuisine in Beaverton. Small but interesting seasonal menu. Flavorful food. A bit cavernous and noisy. Softening with some draperies might help the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, great serviceBackfire625Dined on 8/8/2014The polenta fries are a must have as an appetizer!!!! Service on my second visit was just as good if not better, the staff is awesome, the food is great, can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousGoodBetDined on 8/2/2014Our table had plenty of the two must-haves: mussels and short ribs. Every bite delicious. Love the hostess who is always there to make the experience of dining at decarli perfect. Our waiter was wonderful as well. In short, my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFoodFanaticDined on 8/1/2014Nothing makes me happier than great service coupled with fantastic food. The short rib with spaetzle is pure comfort food. The fettucine nero was light and fresh with seasonal ingredients. I really want to go back soon and try the ricotta and lemon curd fritters.Special Features:
- Always a good dining experienceMikeVIPDined on 7/31/2014Top-notch service and interesting and flavorful preparations, especially this summer's fish dishes, ensure a pleasurable and memorable evening at Decarli. The wine list, which focuses on Italian varietals, is varied and reasonably priced. Decarli remains one of our favorites--if you like Italian served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere it will become one of yours, too.Special Features:
- Consistently the bestTx1tonDined on 7/26/2014What a gem in Beaverton! Consistently the best restaurant within a 20 mile radius. Have eaten here 5+ times in the past year and will continue to do so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night Outwoo81Dined on 7/25/2014Decarli's is a hidden gem! I would recommend it to anyone I know that is looking for a superb dinning experience!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014We chose to dine at Decarli based on reviews we read. We are often hesitant to dine out, as we love great food, but are often disappointed with the quality we find at restaurants, and end up feeling we should have stayed home and cooked for ourselves. We found that to be the case here again. Reviews raved about the sweet potato fries and brick chicken, both of which we ordered, and both were found lacking. The fries were fine, but nothing outstanding; the chicken was bland and missing something. The friends we dined with have been to Decarli before, and usually love the chicken, but they said it wasn't the same as it was before, and were also disappointed. The pasta ragu we got was enjoyable. We would not return.
- Consistently Good FoodPDXWriterDined on 7/22/2014Just enjoyed another great dinner with no complaints! Service was prompt and friendly, food delivery was timely, and the entrees were perfectly prepared. One member of our group enjoyed the beef short ribs, while two others polished off the salmon. We all shared the caramel cheesecake, which was crustless and a perfect ending to the meal. The restaurant is clearly the best spot in Beaverton, and probably the entire west side of greater Portland.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantChuckVIPDined on 7/18/2014One of the best restaurants on the west side. Brood is diverse and well prepared. Staff is we trained and provde excellent service.Special Features:
- Always reliably excellent food.MDinBeavertonDined on 7/18/2014I go every year with friends for my birthday. I've never had a bad meal here. Two things marred it: friend found a hair in his entree, and the s'mores dessert was lukewarm when it came. They were good about replacing my friend's salmon dish that had the hair, although it took a long time and yet the fish arrived a bit undercooked even then. Otherwise, fantastic as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceLazyfoodfanaticDined on 7/17/2014The food and service are always top notch - and this is a place I would wholeheartedly recommend for casual nights out and special occasions.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014It was our first time trying DeCarli & We had reservations at 5:30 PM. It wasn't very busy at that time, however it seemed to have taken over an hour to get our food. Once our food came we weren't impressed with the flavor to salitify the cost of each entree. My husbands king salmon was flooded with sweet raisins & my margheritta/garlic pizza did not have much flavor other than bread & a little sauce. There were multiple things off the menu that they were out of & the staff was a bit interesting. Not sure if we will go back?Special Features: