Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar
1080 Darrington Dr
Cary, NC 27513Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deansseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 919-459-5875x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Bar: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5pm - 12am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch Buffet: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Adam Jones
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two different private dining rooms. The first, a more intimate dining room for up to 20 people. The second, a space that can accommodate 60 people for a seated dinner or 100 for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Private party menus and buffet options are available.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Morro 8888439931
A word from Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar
Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar is THE place to go for the freshest and most unique seafood creations. The core menu offers various sections including a raw bar, appetizers, specialty dishes, and "Food without Fins" for the land lovers. The focal point of the menu each week is an ever changing "Fresh Catch" section with six to eight different types of fish. With the menu changing weekly, we can ensure the freshest of seafood choices and exciting menu options when you come to visit. Whether you are looking for dinner in our comfortable dining room, drinks and appetizers in our friendly, laid back bar, or want to host a party/event in one of our group dining areas, Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar is the place for you. Bring the whole family, because we have something for everyone to enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar - Best Restaurants in Cary ›
Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)fit for foodies (101)great for brunch (77)neighborhood gem (73)great for outdoor dining (71)good for groups (59)romantic (49)kid-friendly (34)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)Show More
- Always GreatDFMesseeDined on 8/31/2014The food is always good and I've found the waitstaff to be stellar. Went to Dean's 3 times this summer for the new seafood boil and would like it if they move it to the permanent menu. Otherwise I look forward to its return next summer!Special Features:
- First Time DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014If you are in the mood for seafood, you have to try Dean's. Took my wife and mother-in-law and had a very welcoming reception by the hostess. We had great seats, the server was very attentive and took time to explain the menu. Our entrees looked great and the taste was equal to the appearance. We had the Creme Brulee for dessert, and it was the largest we had ever seen, could even feed 4-6 people. Great way to top off the dinner. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLoveragDined on 8/29/2014I enjoyed my first exoerience with Dean's and plan on coming back on my birthday. I went with the special and it was delicious. Not sure what happened but, my order did not print out and it was delayed. I was fine with it but the dish made up for it. Dessert was a treat! The creme bruleé was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out for DinnerHodgesBdayDined on 8/21/2014The food was very good our waiter was awesome the only thing wrong was the dessert. That banana pudding was a horrible disaster. It looked burnt and was not good at all. Besides that everything else was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodLovers18Dined on 8/19/2014Our waiter was the highlight -- so knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive, until we received our food. The food was so beautifully presented and tasted great. The creme brulee was so delicious, we cleaned the dish.
- Great Sunday Brunchjan0411Dined on 8/17/2014Went for Sunday Brunch (buffet) and really enjoyed it. Quality of food was very good (I'm always a little leery about buffet food but no worries here). They have egg, pancake and waffle stations where everything is made fresh to order with signature dishes of the day. Also have peel and eat shrimp, clams etc., breakfast items, lunch items and desserts. My favorite dish was the Cajun shrimp and grits. Will definitely be going back in the future. Service was excellent! Two waiters were assigned to our table and were on top of everything. They both were very friendly, polite and knowledgeable regarding the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service GoodvikbmartDined on 8/15/2014We had two different oysters, lobster mac n cheese, and wahoo fish with sides. Should have gone with chef's recommendation on fish preparation because opting for it as regular with side sauce was a bit bland. It was cooked perfectly. The lobster mac and cheese was great. Only downer was one oyster out of the dozen tasted "bad". Peach sangria is fantastic!Special Features:
- Excellent seafood!EddieDined on 8/14/2014This is an EXCELLENT place for good seafood! The ambiance is perfect for a quiet dinner setting in a soft light atmosphere with wood accent all around. The wait staff is EXTREMELY friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. Now to the food... one word.... AWESOME! The calamari appetizer was very tender and lightly battered. The fish tacos had just a slight kick, and if that's not enough heat for you, the table is stocked with 3 different hot sauces ranging from Texas Pete to habanero. And to end a great dinner.... Chocolate Sampler.... O----M----G!!! Bourbon truffle, peanut butter/chocolate cake, chocolate mousse and chocolate torte! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!Special Features:
- Great Selection Lcl & Glbl SeafoodFourSeafoodersDined on 8/14/2014Truly spectacular selection of fin and shell from nearby and other oceans, too. The presentation is gorgeous - only outdone by the flavor!Special Features:
- Seafood & Sauces Fresh & FantasticNjoyGoodFoodDined on 8/12/2014"The Girls" try restaurants 1 Tuesday a month. I do not write reviews, but Dean's Seafood & sauces & side dishes were wonderful. We started with appetizer BBQ shrimp skewers with Grits & the Crab dumplings with Mango Chili sauce. I had the Rainbow Trout stuffed with crab plus lemon butter sauce(with egg scallions and cream). Quinoa tabouli (with dates) & grilled asparagus. Later my husband raved over a full dinner leftovers. We shared dessert; chocolate assortment plate and the key lime with a blackberry sauce. Fantastic & leftovers. So pleased to have revisited since I they first opened; I be back for my birthday in a couple of weeks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fooddariaDined on 8/11/2014The restaurant was very nice and the service was OK not exceptional, the quality of the food was OK not of 4 star qualityI would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Seafood4foodDined on 8/10/2014We had the Blue Crab Dumpling as a starter and they were good. Entrees were the Scottish Salmon and Prosciutto Wrapped Stuffed Trout and both were very good. The Jalapeno Grit Cakes side was really good. We will try again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An interesting nightwillreturnDined on 8/10/2014We had dinner there for my husband's birthday. There were a few issues that were taken care of immediately. At one point, something was missing from our order but was handled right away. Then the item they brought to us was still frozen, but again, it was handled right away without a problem. It sounds worse than it really is but what made the whole thing a non issue was the outstanding service we received from our server Hannah. She couldn't have been any nicer to us. She handled everything with such efficiency and grace that at no point were we ever upset over any of it. She even gave my husband a birthday dessert. Iwill come back because the food is delicious and creative. The problems were minor and the service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014It was nice to finally find a great seafood restaurant whose main feature was not fried shrimp/oysters. Dean's had a great variety of selections and everything we tasted was outstanding. Service was also very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great Date Night RestaurantDinner42Dined on 8/7/2014I was looking for a great new place to take my sweetheart to in Cary. We knew we wanted seafood. Dean's has some of the freshest seafood, excellent service and presentation. The style of the room was inviting, and it was romantic. Definitely a great experience and look forward to returning again and again.Special Features:
- Solid pickBethMbergDined on 8/7/2014I've taken clients here several times as well as gone here with my family. It is always a solid choice. Seafood is outstanding, servers and hosts are knowledgable and excited about the food, atmosphere is nice without being uncomfortable. Great job to the whole Dean's team.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Good but not great seafood which is hard to find in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my Birthday brunchFoodieLoverDined on 8/3/2014Attended brunch on my birthday. Food was fresh, well displayed and the options were varied. Had a choice of breakfast items or dinner items. I choose dinner. Really enjoyed the fresh veggies, chicken, salmon, shrimp and grits and desserts. The staff was very attentive to our needs and to my surprise, provided a complimentary birthday dessert. Great place for families and work groups. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchUal312Dined on 8/3/2014First time for Sunday Brunch...food was good but long waits at the egg and pancake/waffle station! Great variety and the desserts were awesome! Our server was quite attentive and took great care of all six of us including two toddlers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at Deans several times and had fabulous meals. Saturday night, one of our meals was barely warm when it arrived. The fish almost tasted uncooked because it was cold.
- Dinner for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014As noted earlier in the review, the only thing slightly lacking was ambience and a quiet dining environment. (We dined on the bar side). Service was excellent; our server Paula was friendly, knowledgable, helpful with menu choices, and attentive. The seafood entrees were also excellent, most especially as they were not overcooked as many seafood items are. Thanks, Dean's, for a pleasurable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousUal312Dined on 8/1/2014As usual, Dean's served some of the best scallops I have ever had!! Yum Yum!! Wonderful service and great wine choices make this place one of my local favoritesSpecial Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/30/2014if you're in the Raleigh/Durham area, this place is worth the drive. Happy hour specials Wed nights are worth it in itself! the tuna nachos were great. I would return to try other items i didnt get to try.
- Good SeafoodNeighborVIPDined on 7/27/2014The warm bread was excellent. The sea bass and scallops were very good. The roasted fingerling potatoes were good, however some were burned on the edges and some were raw in the middle. The asparagus would have been good but was charred on the surface and they tasted like soot. The zucchini and tomatoes with sauce tasted like liquid soap, very bad. The creme brule was excellent, very large serving, enough for 2 to 4, very good. Service was very attentive, almost a little too much at times, but a definite effort toward pleasing and accommodating the customer. Very nice decor. AC was very cold.Special Features:
- YumAnniesSSDined on 7/27/2014Had a great meal. My husband had the Opah which he loved and I had the fish bowlSpecial Features:
- Great place to gonit2dineDined on 7/27/2014My first time at Dean's along with a girlfriend and we really enjoyed ourselves. I think I ate too many oysters but they were really delicious. Will be returning soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPickyEaterDined on 7/26/2014Food presented nicely and tasted even better, Server mixed up the plates, but otherwise excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BJGiDined on 7/26/2014Great fresh fish. Good clams. Very friendly waiter.Special Features:
- Worth a long driveFoodloverlouisvilleDined on 7/25/2014The food is simply fantastic. Fresh seafood, much of it regional with fresh, local ingredients. The menu changes weekly, so there are always new things to try. This time we had the spicy tuna appetizer, which had just the right amount of heat. Our entrees were spicy lobster Harissa bowl, a stew of a generous amount of lobster and shrimp with Israeli couscous and middle eastern spices; and the fresh girlled salmon with fingerling potatoes and cilantro remoulade. Both were outstanding and cooked to perfection. We also love their marinara dipping sauce that comes with the bread. The first time we found Dean's was by accident during a stop over on a trip from KY to the outer banks; when we were back to Durham, we just had to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tender fishLandBDined on 7/19/2014This was our first visit, but sure not to be our last. Usually scallops and squid are chewy, but not these. Lightly breaded (not battered) and fried, they were delectable and tender. The opah I ate was delicious and grilled just the right amount (perhaps underdone for some, but perfect to my palate). The quinoa tabbouleh was novel and delicious. Finally, their signature dessert, banana bread pudding with an accent of homemade caramel (made with turbinado sugar), topped w/ vanilla ice cream, was scrumptious. All the beers on tap were an added bonus. Finally, the prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- The elusive Unicorn!KKVVDined on 7/19/2014Always a hit with out of town guests and the fresh seafood selection is the best in the area. Lucky to be there on a night when they had the elusive Unicorn fish and we enjoyed both the fresh selection and the prepared meal, both were excellent! Scallops were also a standout as well as many of the sides - roasted brussel sprouts, potatoes and brie mac-n-cheese were favorites at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal experienceDo10hedronDined on 7/18/2014I had the blackened swordfish and we had the tuna nachos as an appetizer. Both were outstanding. My fiancé chose Alaskan King crab legs and voiced the same satisfaction. The bread salsa was delicious in advance of our meal as well. The service was particularly good. I only wish I could remember our server's name so I could grant kudos. I would definitely recommend Dean's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We need you in Asheville, NCJabebeDined on 7/13/2014The food is delicious & the service/staff and ambiance are outstanding! It is a great place to celebrate birthdays or brunch with family and friends or even dine alone. I wish this restaurant was located in AshevilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The food was really good and I loved the jazz music in the background. Everyone at the table enjoyed the meal. The relaxed atmosphere was great, the service was great - no complaints at all and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in NC !nottafoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014I'm originally from New England, and am a self-described seafood snob. Seafood at most restaurants is, at best, average, and typically a major disappointment. I've had some excellent seafood at the NC coast (local catches), but never anything worth getting again inland. I am happy to say that Dean's has the best seafood that I've had in NC (including the coast). They emphasize how fresh their seafood is, and they are not kidding. I had a swordfish steak and my wife had the scallops; both were perfectly prepared, and the accompaniments (e.g., avocado & tomatillo salsa) were fantastic, as were the side orders (e.g., grilled asparagus; toasted couscous; mac and cheese). Nice selection of beer & wine, great menu, and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Distinctively PreparedJustJackDined on 7/12/2014Well prepared with very good, hospitable service. Great selection of local and regional seafood. Nice twist on several of the side items. Great flavor without that "chain" feel to the food.Special Features:
- 1st Time GuestMissKymLuvFoodDined on 7/12/2014Friendly Staff Casual Setting Quality of food could have been better for price range: fried platter was a bit greasy, crab dumplings taste good but had no crisp to them( soggy), 1 crab claw for $11 & signature slaw very bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dean'sJulieMJonesDined on 7/12/2014Best seafood in town! Great variety of local seafood with a foodie spin.Special Features:
- SaraDined on 7/12/2014Excellent on all counts! Food was excellent and the waiter was very patient and nice.Special Features:
- Great Date Night!ApexDinersDined on 7/11/2014First time at this restaurant ... My wife and I were looking for a good seafood restaurant and we weren't disappointed. Service was quick, friendly, knowledgeable. All the recommendations were good and we were pleased with appetizers, drinks, entrees AND dessert!Special Features: