Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar
1080 Darrington Dr
Cary, NC 27513Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deansseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 919-459-5875x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Bar: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5pm - 12am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch Buffet: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Adam Jones
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two different private dining rooms. The first, a more intimate dining room for up to 20 people. The second, a space that can accommodate 60 people for a seated dinner or 100 for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Private party menus and buffet options are available.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Morro 8888439931
A word from Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar
Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar is THE place to go for the freshest and most unique seafood creations. The core menu offers various sections including a raw bar, appetizers, specialty dishes, and "Food without Fins" for the land lovers. The focal point of the menu each week is an ever changing "Fresh Catch" section with six to eight different types of fish. With the menu changing weekly, we can ensure the freshest of seafood choices and exciting menu options when you come to visit. Whether you are looking for dinner in our comfortable dining room, drinks and appetizers in our friendly, laid back bar, or want to host a party/event in one of our group dining areas, Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar is the place for you. Bring the whole family, because we have something for everyone to enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar - Best Restaurants in Cary ›
Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)fit for foodies (104)neighborhood gem (81)great for outdoor dining (54)great for brunch (53)good for groups (52)romantic (46)notable wine list (27)kid-friendly (24)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (4)Show More
- Delicious and FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014We went as a group of 4 and had a wonderful experience. One person ordered roasted brussel sprouts and they came out overcooked, but everyone else was very pleased with their meals. The chevre grit cakes were a BIG hit, as were the very interesting cocktails. The service was a little over the top, but they were very attentive and always refilled our waters before we were done, which is pretty rare considering how much I drink. The prices are pretty high, but if it's truly fresh seafood, I can't complain. It's just a place to reserve for special occasions.Special Features:
- diningoutDined on 10/18/2014everything was good except the salmon was well done. I would have liked a bigger salad.Special Features:
- Everything was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We chose this first time dining experience to celebrate our adult daughter's birthday. She loves oysters, so we started the evening with the Blue point -and the house oysters - steamed. They were very fresh and delicious! We followed with our entrees - from scallops to fried flounder to Scottish Salmon - everything was wonderful. We had key lime and banana bread pudding with white chocolate both by the same Chef as at the Twisted Fork. Both were to die for! Carter was our server and he was excellent - he kept our beverage glasses full, he knew the menu well and he made terrific recommendations. Chef Mike prepared good looking and good tasting dishes. Only not so good thing was the garlic French fries. They were greasy and soggy!Special Features:
- Great meal AGAIN!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Dean's is one of my absolute favorite restaurants!! My husband and I consider it a gift, to have this restaurant so close to our home.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodRon0901VIPDined on 10/13/2014We have been to Dean's Seafood now 3 or 4 times and find the food and service consistently excellent. We also chose to eat outside on this visit, which was very pleasant. We went on a Monday evening, not even aware they have a Monday special wherein there is a fixed price menu consisting of a bottle of their house wine, soup or salad, and any entree for $45 per person. You can also upgrade to other wines on their list and upgrade to include an appetizer. We did both, trying a half dozen oysters on the half-shell and one of our favorite wines. Overall, the meal was excellent, although I found the lemmon-butter sauce accompaniment to my pan-seared scallps a bit too rich. As usual, service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Terrific RestaurantBobHDined on 10/13/2014Great dining experience. Service was terrific and the food was exceptional !Special Features:
- supercalifragilisticexpialidociousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We started w/crab dumpling crm cheese fried dumplings-just good & lobster bisque-v. good. Best sea scallops I've had in 56 yrs of living. I had it with grill brussel sprouts & the sweet potato corn succotash was delicious which had baby peas, onions $ asparagus. You can't go wrong with the Lobster Mac & Cheese, perfectly balance dish with lg chunks of lobster, creamy cheese not too heavy or thick, a hint of healthy with the touch of broccoli. I personally don't like banana bread or pudding but, tried my hubby's dessert of the white choc banana bread pudding and couldn't stop eating it. We also had the pumpkin cheesecake which we took half of this home as by that time I couldn't eat another bite. Service was informative on ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomHDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I had a Caesar Salad with additional anchovies. It was not overwhelming - just right! Then we had the mussels, one with a cream sauce, my favorite, BUT I got the chipotle sauce. Maybe a new favorite? Suffice it to say that we cross-tasted and nothing was left:-)
- Not Impressed At AllBostonJimDined on 10/11/2014Wait staff was disorganized, food didn't make sense (Lobster with Mustard sauce???) And food came out cold when dining room was only 50% full ???
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Highly recommend the scallops! All of our food was amazing, very nice outdoor seating. Fantastic service. Will dine here again!Special Features:
- great place to celebrate a birthdayfoodieDined on 10/9/2014One had the pan seared NC rainbow trout, with the fingerling potatoes and the succotash. The other had the paella. Everything was great. Even the bread with the tomato/garlic spread was excellent. Our waiter was terrific and he even treated us to a birthday dessert. We chose the creme brulee, which was enough to feed 4. Yummy! We enjoyed the evening very much and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- mediocre food and annoying waiterClarkDined on 10/5/2014Our waiter was like a parody of an annoying car salesman. When my friend ordered a glass of house wine he asked if she'd like to "step it up" (meaning order something more expensive). Real classy.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchBrianDined on 10/5/2014Not sure which made our meal better, the great food or the friendly, attentive service. We've been here 5-6 times and are never disappointed. We'll be back. You should go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!JenniBDined on 10/4/2014Food was fantastic, staff were friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful evening and everything was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoffeDined on 10/4/2014The food was fantastic and also the service. My wife and I will for sure make this our favorite restaurant. Good portions and prices.Special Features:
- LarryDined on 9/30/2014The resturant was very accommodating. We had a party of five celebratring my wife's birthday. Environment was very nice, just a little dark for pictures (smile). Brandon was our Waiter and he did an awesome job! The starters to the Entres were delicious. The only complaint is the roasted fingerling potatoes were a little over cooked (hard) and the initial order of crablegs were cold. But Brandon took care of the crableg situation, and the second batch were excellent.Special Features:
- Not So GreatOldmanDined on 9/29/2014I had a business dinner here. The restaurant and bar were both empty maybe a handful of people inside. Sat at the bar for a while and was impressed with the service and good beer. Went to the dining area and was greeted by our server with a tattoo on her neck and arms, thought I was at Lilllys pizza. The server was very knowledgable but proceeded to giving us her life story, remember this is a business dinner. The menu was confusing and had dipping sauces for fish. Ordered appetizer and dinner. Appetizer was so so and Dinner came out quickly but with cold sides. The fish was tasteless, thus the dipping sauces for sides also not so good. Overall it was not horrible but it was not great. Will not be going back.
- Birthday dinnerlovesfoodDined on 9/28/2014Food and service were good. I wouldn't recommend the Lobster stick app, though. Kind of bland and the lobster flavor doesn't come thru.Special Features:
- great place to converseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014I've been here many times and I usually sit in the bar area at one of the booths. Its not too loud to have conversations and the food is always delicious and lots of adult beverages to choose from.Special Features:
- OverpricedsocrFreekDined on 9/27/2014Food was average. Pricing was outrageous. Shame on me for not asking what a 12 oyster appetizer cost, never would have dreamed 12 oysters would be $45!!!! I must have missed the gold flakes hidden in them!Special Features:
- Best fresh seafood in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My husband is from the coast, so naturally I was a little hesitant to take him here for his birthday dinner. However, I had only heard good things so we gave it a shot. We both loved everything we ate! We highly recommend this place for anyone craving fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not "wowed"luvseafoodDined on 9/26/2014With a pricetag of $20 for most entrees, I would have expected more flavorful and generous portions. Those that ordered oysters in our party were disappointed. Exotic nature of the oysters origins were touted but the flavor did not rise to the occasion. Calamari and shrimp lacked flavor. We would think twice before a re-visit.Special Features:
- WilkAustinDined on 9/26/2014Good, not great, relative to the price. Truly nothing exceptional. Good Scottish salmon though.
- foodiegalDined on 9/26/2014The goat cheese grit cakes were fabulous! Need to add hootinany oysters to the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average JoeChrisDined on 9/26/2014They are not as good as they think they are. I thought there dishes were over priced. Service was very slow, and I am about 90% sure they gave us the wrong food. The fish that landed on my plate doesn't look like the pictures of that same fish I found on the internet. We questioned it, but they brought us back the same dish just from another person who said is was what we ordered. Great atmosphere, but don't think it was worth the price and I don't trust them.Special Features:
- OystoberfestFantasticVIPDined on 9/26/2014The menu description for the featured oysters was spot on for the taste to experience. Was like reading a wine list then making your selection on the description. Getting a t-shirt when I ordered two sets of oysters and two beers was an awesome surprise and added value. Great annual menu and looking forward to 2015 menu.Special Features:
- OystoberfestDFMesseeDined on 9/26/2014Interesting to try oysters from different parts of North America, side by side. It was expensive, though - $13 to $28 per HALF dozen. Service was great as always, the servers know a lot about the dishes and specials and are very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but priceyAndyDined on 9/25/201412 oysters for $39 seems a bit much. The oysters were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as always!catluvrDined on 9/22/2014The food and service was excellent and I highly recommend Deans to anyone who enjoys seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodHLC60Dined on 9/21/2014My family and I recently ate at Dean's and had a fantastic meal. All the fish dishes we tried were excellent. The staff is incredibly friendly. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014The oysters were outstanding. Local beers pair well with the selection. An excellent meal, well prepared and served. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodtravelerDined on 9/13/2014I like that the menu changes and therefore you have new items to try. Staff was friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent MealErshar11Dined on 9/13/2014Love the jalapeño chevre grit cakes and the Scottish salmon were excellent. Everything was delicious and all 6 of us were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood for a birthdayJoeHDined on 9/11/2014Terrific seafood on a first visit to Dean's. Started with a half dozen oysters on the half shell, followed by entrees of grilled fish and scallops. Everything was perfectly prepared and we look forward to another visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- much improved musicsasjrmDined on 9/7/2014after a mixed beginning, this venue now has a good fit of music with it's excellent food. much as the renowned greg gelb live music of its predecessor defined bogarts, the traditional blues music of deans pairs so well with its southern flavoured fare. with the end of papa mojo's still fresh it's nice to know that a blues brunch is avail in rtp area, much as with larger cities that feature bbkings or house of blues franchises. congrats on taking the brave stance & avoiding the too loud common pop music tripe found in nearly every single restaurant, espec those awful chains like Fridays, ruby tues, etcSpecial Features:
- Expected much more after reviewsdebstephDined on 9/5/2014Trip Advisor listed this restaurant as 4 1/2 stars. We were pretty misled. Unsure how long the restaurant has been open...they have a very interesting menu. We love seafood and were very excited about the different options and accompaniments. My husband's Wahoo was overcooked - which they ended up taking off our bill. We would have appreciated a visit from the Manager. We were interested in leaning about the wines on the menu. Only one wait-staff person could tell us about the wines and he was extremely busy - but did come visit our table. Unsure that my husband would ever allow us to go back for a second chance - but I think with proper management and staff training the restaurant has much more to offer than what we experienced.Special Features:
- Love Dean'standtheboysDined on 9/2/2014Was visiting Raleigh from Chicago and looking for a spot for a nice dinner with work colleagues. Found Dean's on Open Table and picked it becase we thought it was close to our hotel and it got great reviews. While the drive was a little longer than we thought it would be, it was absolutely worth it. Had a drink in the bar while waiting for the entire party and had a great experience. The bartender introduced himself with a handshake and had great suggestions. Equally great service in the dining room as our waiter was excellent - attentive with great suggestions, but not too pushy. Everyone loved our food, including appetizers, entrees and a ended with the fabulous bread pudding. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fresh SeafoodLuzNDined on 9/2/2014Dean's offers good,fresh seafood at reasonable prices. The service was fantastic! We would definitely condsider returning.Special Features:
- Always GreatDFMesseeDined on 8/31/2014The food is always good and I've found the waitstaff to be stellar. Went to Dean's 3 times this summer for the new seafood boil and would like it if they move it to the permanent menu. Otherwise I look forward to its return next summer!Special Features:
- Ual312Dined on 8/31/2014Went for the last Low Country Crab boil and was not disappointed!! As always the server was quite attentive and the food was plentiful and tasty.Special Features: